What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,674 Member
    edited August 2022
    Wednesday dinner: Porato-flake crusted cod with an arugula side salad (shaved parmesan and lemon garlic dressing)
    3s8uop8x91sb.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    Old goat gouda, leftover homemade corned beef, and pickle on brown toast spread with leftover hollandaise with a fig.
    ce4plcll3wwb.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Thursday dinner: Thai Yellow Curry Chicken with added broccoli and carrots over jasmine rice
    zvrmkahn4coq.jpg
  • acpgee
    We went out to a local Vietnamese as hubby thinks going out to dinner on Friday makes the weekend feel longer.
    q9ndt2j7mfn6.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited August 2022
    Dry aged tomahawk steak (sliced), twice baked potato, chopped salad (from a kit). The steak and potato came from our local meat shop which sources their meat locally. Paired with Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale (which is peeking through on the right hand side).

pzvdh7yya1jb.jpeg

• acpgee
    Cantonese minced fish stuffed aubergines and green peppers with asian sesame dressed salad and rice on the side. This was a more advanced level of Chinese cooking than I normally do. I have been craving this restaurant dish I used to order when we lived in Amsterdam near Nam Kee, an iconic Chinese restaurant in the Netherlands.
    h9mv8m2emceb.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Butter Bean & Baby Sweetcorn Masala, microwaved Poppadums and a Fenugreek Roti.

9eau6c4g92yk.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Discovering the sous vide is a great way to batch cook. A few weeks ago had a failed meat delivery where everything arrived thawed. The beef brisquet was turned into corned beef made in the sous vide, the duck legs became confit du canard in the sous vide, and the pork loin roasts were seasoned and were tossed into the sous vide too.
    Tonight we took out a pork loin joint and browned it for 25 minutes in the air fryer to crisp up the crackling. We had baked potatoes (pricked with a fork and put in 5 minutes in the microwave followed by 25 minutes to dry out in the air fryer), glazed carrots and steamed eggplant salad with that. Sauces were gravy made from caramelized onions that I keep in the freeer and liquid from the sous vide bag, as well as zhoug I made this morning because a big bunch of coriander was in danger of spoiling.
    3dzum5yeeb4o.jpeg
  • Xierrax
    Xierrax Posts: 48 Member
    @acpgee This looks amazing! Would order it straight away...

Lentil Tempeh tacos with a coriander lemon sauce from yesterday :smile:

0wuwf3itcex2.jpg
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Monday lunch - Sonoma chicken salad from Whole Foods (it's about 1/2 gone here). I had to go back in and buy more red grapes. Before I added a few more, my .66 lb serving had exactly one grape in it😑
    o79i1qmlwn71.jpg
  • cmsienk
    Monday dinner: lasagne and salad (red leaf lettuce, jicama strips and cucumber slices with lemon poppy seed dressing)
    lt5sqdiqggsn.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Since we went out for Thai food for lunch today we decided dinner should be light so we did build your own salads.

Kipper snacks, cheddar crackers (blue diamond nut thins) and salad of romaine, shredded cabbage, beefsteak tomato, capers, kalamata olives, sliced almonds spritzed with olive oil.

dzd38dg26iud.jpeg