Refugee from Spark People .....finally made it here

Hi MFP friends. In the rare possibility someone may know me from SP I was Billb000. Took me a while to migrate over to MFP but happy to finally be here. I appreciate being part of a community. I am a senior, staying active with biking and hiking in my lovely west Michigan area. Stage 4 Lymphoma survivor and gratefully in remission 4 years now. Working on weight loss, stretching and yoga for many points of severe arthritis pain . As the poet said... I remain "staggering forward, rejoicing." BB

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Welcome to MFP, @Billplus4

I’m not one, but there’s lots of your fellow Spark refugees scattered around here.

You’ll also find some here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842403/welcome-former-sparkpeople-members#latest
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2022
    I was on SP waaaaay back in the day, same username. I moved over here in 2012.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    Hi, @Billplus4! Just stopping by to say hi & welcome . . . not because I know you from SP, but because I'm a fellow Michigander. I have friends/relatives along the West side - which truly is lovely! - but I'm over kind of in the palm, greater Lansing. I'm also senior (66), and active (rowing - on water when I can, machine when I must, mostly, but also cycling a couple of times a week. I'm also a cancer survivor, but it was stage III breast cancer, now over 20 years back.

MFP, like Spark, can be a great tool for those who exploit it fully, in ways that work for their personal preferences and style. For me, losing down to a healthy weight made major improvements in pain from arthritis and at least one torn meniscus. I hope you find it equally effective!