NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @cbabie That's good you are getting used to the medication. Yeah, I hope it goes ok with a new manager, too. I'm sorry you had to go through that with your old job. I do like what I do.

@theslightedgeforever Oh no, I hope it's not COVID again but it sucks being sick with anything!

@TeresaW1020 The massage was nice but painful lol. Yes, POM was fun last year so we decided to go again! I'm glad life is good for you and that you are enjoying TOPS. Keep challenging yourself, you've got this!

Hi all. I gained again this week. Sometimes, like now, I wonder what it's going to take for me to get my butt in gear. A heart attack? Worse? I hope not. The massage yesterday was good but painful: I had knots in my back and he got them out but it hurt. Also, hurt when he did my shins, I don't know why they do shins, it's always painful lol. My husband and I are making Italian sandwiches to bring to POM. Also a caprese salad. We are going to go to Little Italy this morning to get the ingredients.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all, I am so bored and can't stand the lack of exercise I am getting.. I can't believe this is healthy. LOL. I luckily don't have a huge appetite right now, we will see how it goes. the meds make me a little nausea right after taking but then I am okay. I am going to go walk in place in a few min...I HAVE to do something. I go to get the stitches out of my lip and face today...the swelling has gone down and I jus have a NICE YELLOW bruise on my side of the face. LOL.

@trooworld sorry you are struggling with gaining weight...please don't make it a health issue to win the victory of weight...find a reason before then. I speak with forked tongue. LOL. kidding' learn from me, learn, from my parents...why do you want to live, why do you want to do things for yourself? Why do you not want big medical bills? AM I helping? LOL

@theslightedgeforever the pictures are beautiful...sorry about being sick again....maybe this way when you get done with vacation, you will be healthy all year now...LOL

@TeresaW1020 so glad to hear from you, sounds like you are busy doing life and that is good. Glad your sister likes her PT job...

@Tamevv I always wanted a garden, but really don't know why...I hate raw veggies and don't cook too many either...so. it's just a pipe dream. LOL.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi all, just checking in. Reflecting on my week - it hasn’t been a particularly good one for food, but exercise has been on track and for the most part I’ve enjoyed doing it. I’m so so tired tonight - no real reason, hasn’t been any more busy or stressful than usual, just really tired. Am off to bed early to just lie in the quiet and relax in space on my own.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Have you tried drinking ginger tea after you take your meds? I swear, ginger tea really helps me with nausea when I have it due to taking my migraine medications. Oh dear, I didn't realize you had to have stitches, you must have really fell hard! Thank you for the tough love, I needed that! Yes, you are helping lol.

@Tamevv That's good you have been exercising. I hope you got some rest.

Hi all. We had a good time at Pageant of the Masters last night despite me having intense heartburn. My heartburn is always a gauge on how I've been eating so that tells you something lol. I'm really sick of the summer heat. We've had to use the AC for a week or more straight now. Almost 24 hours a day. Our electric bill will be big. I'm not doing too much today, just folding laundry and trying to stay cool. Have a good Sunday.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, lazy day here today, but so much nicer, only in the low 80's. We turned the AC off & are enjoying a slight breeze.

@cbabie Yikes, I didn't realize you had stitches either. Hope it is healing well.

@trooworld Glad you had a good time at PofM, but too bad about the heartburn. I don't usually get it, but the Drs say acid reflux causes my asthma symptoms. I am going to try going off the acid reflux medicine in the fall & see how I do.

@TeresaW1020 Glad things are going well with you & your family. Plant based doctors don't emphasize protein as much as other ones. In fact, they warn about all the dangers of too much, lol. I am sure I will do OK, especially if I only go 70% in. My BP has improved, but really need to get my LDL cholesterol down a little. It needs to be checked again & she threatened statins last time, & I really don't want that.

@theslightedgeforever Great pictures! Sorry you are sick again, hope it isn't Covid. Are you still at your daughters?

@Tamevv Good job with exercising. Keep trying with the food. I've been doing pretty well with exercising, too, but today is "rest day", lol.

Food has not been good today. Coffee & donuts after church. That has been nice to go to, because we are meeting a few more people there. But then I came home & had dark chocolate pretzels! At least they were "healthy" dark chocolate, lol. I have to quit buying them, I always think dh will help me eat them, but I think they are gone before he thinks of them. Must be the mouse in the pantry? :D

We are thinking of going to the Fair tomorrow (Veteran day, so discount), but predicting rain, so might be on Wednesday (Senior day, so also discount, lol) Tried asking gkids to go with us since dd will be starting school tomorrow, but guess they are babysitting with a neighbor kid. Cannot believe school is starting already..gkids in OK started last Thurs, the ones here on the 23rd. Gd is so excited, she took Drivers Training this summer, so can get a school permit to drive to school & school functions.

Have a great week everyone.
  • Tamevv
    morning all, sorry can’t reply to everyone right now, but good start to the morning, and I’ve pre-tracked lunch and snacks. Dinner is a bit up in the air but I have a plan just need to think it through a bit more. Sat down and made a full week plan on Sat then got told about all the activities this week - 4 evenings with kid and DH commitments so plan is out the window before the week even starts 😒. Oh well, will re-do it for quick meals and see how I go. Really wish everyone would use the calendar so I can plan properly. Hope it’s a good week for everyone.
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt That's good that the weather has been better. That's interesting about your asthma. I hope it works out to go off the acid reflux medicine. I bet you got snacky at the coffee & donuts. I love dark chocolate. I hope you get to go to the fair one of those days. Yeah I can't believe school is starting either.

@Tamevv Great job pre-tracking! I find that always helps me to get it done. That must be frustrating for you to make a plan and then have to change it when you find out about events. :( Have a good week, too!

Hi all. As predicted, I didn't do much yesterday. We ordered poke bowls for dinner, they are always good and pretty healthy. I order mine with lettuce instead of rice. I'm sad it's Monday already. I had a nice 3-day weekend but now it's back to work.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• Tamevv
    Finally came under calorie goal yesterday. Looked at the days agenda in the morning and realised there were no excuses - plans finally aligned 😊. Was tempted twice by surprise morning tea and unexpected kitchen work at work, but kept my head and am proud of myself.
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv That's great! I'm glad the plans aligned. Great job!

@cbabie @theslightedgeforever How are you ladies doing?

Hi all. The heatwave continues here, it's 4:30 a.m. and I want to put the fan or AC on. I can't wait for it to cool down, which won't be until October at least. I got a bagel at the cafe yesterday at work which is better than what I usually get (a breakfast burrito). I haven't had time to make my breakfast for the week and likely won't have time until Thursday so it looks like bagels all week until Thursday.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, I am so sorry that I have not been consistent on here. Life has been different since my seizure. LOL the other night I was in baby girls bed getting something that had fallen behind the bed, all of a sudden I feel my DH hand trying to pull me up...I said WHAT are you doing? he said oh I thought you were having another episode. How sad is that.....yet that is my life for a bit. I am walking at night with my daughter, but that's about it. I am up .4 lbs and need to knock it off, because I really have to get my healthy and BP down. So here is to trying to be "normal" again today. LOL

@Tamevv , I am so sorry plans change...I live with a grand daughter who thinks only her timing is the best one....LOL ( I beg to differ) :). It's good you came in to update us on you..we would have to send out the hounds you know..LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope you enjoy the fair, I never really enjoyed those things...ask my kids. LOL. I looked at my protein levels when they took my blood and was happy I was in the normal range, but then my sister said...well we knew that based on how much PB you eat. LOL. I guess it seems it really is who ever you talk to and what YOU believe that is important.

@trooworld I love bagels..LOL. My salesperson would bring be a bagel every Friday morning with LOTS of cream cheese..YUM.. I am sorry I have not been on here to support you every day...but see you are moving along quite nicely without me. LOL. It's good to get on here and see the regulars holding down the fort.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Another under cal goal day 😁. Nearly wasnt, really wanted dessert but only had a hundred cals left so left the dishes and took my book to bed. Knew if I stayed in the kitchen I’d cave and the dishes will still be there in the morning.

@trooworld We’ve never really done bagels here, and even the ones we can get I’m guessing are vastly different to what you get over there 😏. I’ve made them once “properly” from scratch at home but it was years ago. And if you need to be buying food, making a healthier swap is a great step to keep yourself feeling in control, so that’s definitely a win in my book 👍. Have you ever used meal replacement shakes? I have some in the pantry that I used a lot a few years ago and had good success - life was different and it was easy to have them at work instead of having to source a meal - just tip into a water bottle, shake, drink. Took a while to find a flavour I liked but once I did it was quite a successful strategy for me.

Sorry everyone else, have to run, will try to get back on later but I appreciate the comments and support from all 👋
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    I'm getting better a little but still have a bad cough and not up to snuff as they say. I wonder who actually said that first. No Covid. I've tested twice.

@retiredandlovingit I was going to go to the Iowa State Fair with my son this past weekend but I ended up getting sick. Did you have fun? How is your plant based eating plan going? I think 70% would be good for me but I need to figure out how to actually do it between traveling, getting sick, traveling, getting sick, etc. I've having trouble with focus obviously.

@cbabie Sorry you have been having a time of it. I guess if we all focus on "right now". Make good choices "right now".

@trooworld I've had bagels about three times this week. A disciplined me would have 1/2 bagel as a serving. But I've been eating the whole thing for breakfast.

@Tamevv It looks like you are making good choices by staying under your calorie goals. I need to get back to that.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Glad that you had fun at POM, but sorry that you were suffering from heartburn. I’m ready for the heat to end too! A couple of mornings ago, I took Maggie out and the air was so cool and crisp. It didn’t last of course but it did give me hope that fall is coming! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt We have donuts at our church too and I always walk quickly past them before one jumps into my mouth by accident. :D Did you go to the fair?

@cbabie I understand how your DH feels. Joe hasn’t passed out in a while now but I’m always on edge waiting for it to happen again. That isn’t much of a gain so you can get that off easy. Just hang in there and be good to yourself. <3

@Tamevv Good for you for saying no to dessert and walking away.

@theslightedgeforever Glad you are doing a little better. A bad cough can be so exhausting. I hope it ends for you soon! <3

Good morning! I lost 1.4 lbs. yesterday at TOPS. It was their 31 birthday as a chapter and we had angel food cake with strawberry sauce and ice cream. TOPS is allowed two eating events a year. Since I didn’t eat much yesterday it didn’t hurt me and I was down this morning. Today, I am taking my sister downtown to her bank and then out to the DMV because her new license hasn’t arrived and she has to go reapply again. What a pain! Todays workout is 80 Day Obsession booty and I’m already feeling the pain. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @cbabie No worries, we just want you to be healthy and happy! Your husband must be very worried about you, your whole family. I love bagels, too. They give me 2 little containers of cream cheese and it's delicious that way lol. No worries, really, I want you to get better and not worry about coming on here. There are more important things in life, right? HUGS!

@Tamevv Great job! :D Yeah I don't know how your bagels are there but here, these I get are fluffy on the inside and toasted on the outside with lots of cream cheese, delicious! I have used meal replacement shakes years ago but they didn't do anything for me. I've tried making smoothies, too, but they don't keep me full.

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad you don't have COVID but sorry you are still sick. When I'm sick, I eat pretty much whatever I want. Sometimes I get lucky and want chicken noodle soup. Sometimes it's cake. lol

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, heartburn is the worst! That must have been a nice preview of fall, when you took Maggie out. Congrats on the loss! Woo hoo! What a pain for your sister. :( Enjoy your workout!

Hi all. Not much going on here, I have to start getting ready for work here in a minute. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everyone that posts here and I even appreciate you lurkers out here lol. Have a good day!

• cbabie
    Morning all, I ate terrible yesterday and I was actually afraid of what it was doing to my body...so that is a step in the right direction. I went for a bike ride (by myself) yesterday and then went for a walk at night with my daughter. I really wish the appointment with the Dr was sooner, so I could et my life back and get a game plan...I am so ready. In the meantime, I just do what I know and push the limits with my family as much as I can. :)

@trooworld I hope you know we appreciate you too!!! I am glad you are well enough to go to work..LOL when does your boss leave?

@Tamevv Good for you, I would have done great if I had not gotten up to get the little one some milk...when I opened the fridge door.....CAKE called my name. LOL. I am proud of the choices you are making..I stayed up past midnight reading a book...couldn't make myself put it down. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I am so sorry you are sick, tell your body that you did not get our parent's genes!!!! You got the best ones and those are healthy ones. I can hear mom saying...MIND OVER MATTER right now..LOL. I do hope you feel better quicker than later... I am sure you must have been feeling bad not to have gone to the fair :)

@TeresaW1020 So good to hear from you...yea on the loss...I think TOPS is one of those communities that you either love or hate...if you love it you are a lifer...my friend is. Yes I know it's stressful for my family, that's why I try to act normal, even when I may not be feeling normal..LOL. I have usually been the one with the pooper scooper cleaning up after people...so it's kind of fun watching them..LOL. (only kidding)

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, yes, we did go to the Fair for a while today. The entrance line was so slow & by the time we got there, the main parking lot was full, so had to go to the backup lot. But we finally got in & saw what we could before we got tired & decided to leave, lol. Had a great grilled turkey tenderloin sandwich. (plant based not going so good, lol). We saw the famous butter cow, but skipped the big bull, big boar, etc.

@theslightedgeforever Hope you are getting better, a summer cold is miserable. I am working on it, definitely eating more fruits & vegetables, trying to cut down dairy & meat, but haven't cut them out completely. I think it will be a gradual transition. I think I need to figure out how to handle travel, too.

@cbabie Glad you are able to walk with your daughter. Be careful riding your bike.( yes, Mom! lol) Hope your appointment comes soon.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, the donut jumped in my mouth, lol, unfortunately it wasn't even that good. Congrats on the loss. Angel food cake would have been difficult to pass up. Fall is sneaking up on us.

@Tamevv Good job staying under your calories!!

@trooworld I am glad you are really consistent on keeping this thread going.

Well, not much more for now. Keep on keeping on, lol.

• Tamevv
    Another not so great evening with DH 😔. Wet, cold, dreary day today and would be so easy to sulk and eat and watch tv all day. But no. I’ve done the shopping (was careful which aisles I ventured into, knowing I was on thin ice emotionally), ironed clothes, some other household business and am about to go do a step workout. Popping in here is probably a stalling tactic if I’m honest, but I’m also trying to be kind to myself today and take things slowly so as to not stress myself further. I definitely want to stay in control today. There is a plan for making sushi this avo and a lemon slice. Will do my best not to taste too much along the way. Busy afternoon/evening so snacking should be a minimum and not sure yet what dinner will be till the evening firms up.

PS: yesterday was another under cal goal day 👍

• trooworld
    @cbabie Yay for a bike ride and thinking about what eating unhealthily is doing to your body! And then a walk too? Wow, that's great. Thanks, I'm glad I'm well enough to go to work, too. She's working remotely this week and her last day in the department is Friday, so I actually won't see her until we meet up for lunch or something as friends when she is gone. :(

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yay! I love going to the fair. That sandwich sounds good. This thread keeps me focused lol.

@Tamevv That was good you were careful about what aisles you went down, that was smart. Nothing wrong with taking things slowly. I love sushi! Congrats on being under your cals again.

Hi all. Not much going on here. I am not tracking. My perfectionist thinking is saying not to track until my week starts over on Saturday but I'm trying to get myself to track now. I can feel myself on the edge of going over into complete "I don't give a...". But for my health, I need to keep trying. It just gets so tiring to try and not see results.

• trooworld
    Hi all. I made chicken piccata last night in my Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker setting. It came out really well: https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-chicken-piccata/

I'm so glad the weekend is here. I have a busy weekend planned. I'll try to keep up with it lol. I am definitely going to a WW meeting on Saturday morning. That is already planned.

• Tamevv
    edited August 2022
    Hi all. Going well, exercise every day and food is being controlled. Had a bit of a graze yesterday evening and was not going to bother tracking, but decided I would this morning and despite the slices and cookies, I’m so surprised to see im only just over cal budget! Meals were very low cal and I earned back over 400cals in exercise so I guess that saved me and is a timely reminder that exercise is TOTALLY worth the effort 😁.

@trooworld That chicken dish looks like something my husband would like 😊

Sorry to hear you are getting worn down with not seeing results - I understand that and in those windows I feel exactly the same - despite my knowing about all the other ways to “win” and no matter how much I try to focus on them, if I don’t see the numbers going down it really plays with my emotions 😔. I would say though, to try to avoid the mindset of waiting till weigh in - that always leads to trouble. Maybe just track meals but not snacks? Or just a couple of meals? And definitely keep up with your water - that’s always step one in my book 😊. (And as I write this I realise your post is a couple of days old now - I’m playing catch up, sorry - so my thoughts may be moot but I’ll post them anyway. Hope you have a great weekend 😊).

@retiredandlovingit It’s been making me smile hearing you all talk about your fairs. Our festival season starts next month usually and I can’t wait - I love wandering around the stalls and looking at all the events.

@cbabie Bike riding sounds fun - I used to go a bit with my son but it just seems like a lot of effort now - not sure why 🤷‍♀️ Proud of you for making the effort to go on your own - that takes motivation - nice work 👍

@theslightedgeforever Hope you’re feeling better!