Fri 8/12: 9,523
    Sat 8/13: 19,304
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 258 Member
    Yukie_OP steps (6k daily goal)
    8/11 6,184
    8/12 5,739
    8/13 9,433

@jesicakrall8 Yes, i have those talks to myself as well. I really dislike laundry -its the folding/putting away that's a drag for me.

Final update on the Juicing: I finished day3 of the juice cleanse on Friday and overall I did feel an increase in energy.
    One negative i found is that my calf muscle started cramping by day 2 and the sensitivity is still lingering - pretty sure it was from a lack of minerals: potassium, calcium magnesium. So I'm back to eating and making sure I'm getting proper nutrients.
    * Final thoughts: don't think i would do it again. I'm sure there's better ways to cleanse your digestive system. I just wanted to prove 2myself i could get through it.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    8/13-2,473

My fitbit died early in the morning and I was still out of town so I didnt get it charged until maybe 5pm

@angmarie28
    I don't see anything for the 12th...was your fitbit down that day? Let me know and I'll get it recorded.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    k8kenxpwjswu.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS SHAPE SHIFTERS!!! Big congrats as well to @laceyf53 and all those winners and honorable mentions!!! WAY TO GO PEOPLE!!!

80x85pebq5aq.jpg

Jessica :smiley:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Yukie_OP steps (6k daily goal)
    8/11 6,184
    8/12 5,739
    8/13 9,433

@jesicakrall8 Yes, i have those talks to myself as well. I really dislike laundry -its the folding/putting away that's a drag for me.

Final update on the Juicing: I finished day3 of the juice cleanse on Friday and overall I did feel an increase in energy.
    One negative i found is that my calf muscle started cramping by day 2 and the sensitivity is still lingering - pretty sure it was from a lack of minerals: potassium, calcium magnesium. So I'm back to eating and making sure I'm getting proper nutrients.
    * Final thoughts: don't think i would do it again. I'm sure there's better ways to cleanse your digestive system. I just wanted to prove 2myself i could get through it.

IMO- our organs work in cohesion to "cleanse" our bodies so I just tend to drink more water making sure to flush out/reduce
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    8/11 8,537
    8/12 8,094
    8/13 5,218
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Msashleybing
    Sunday
    PW: 198.4
    CW: 194.8
    LTD: 10lbs

Awesome job team!! Congrats on week 2 progress!!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us

Step Count
    8/14 6,692
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Susanna527
    Weigh-In: Mondays
    PW: 200.4
    CW: 200.3
  • Susanna527
    Good morning Team! Looks to have been a great week for many of us...a few gains, but all fairly small...when you have a smidgen of a gain and can't really put your finger on it...the body is usually trying to find balance. Do something unexpected, outside of your normal pattern...an extra walk, some extra exercise, perhaps break or pause an unhealthy habit...something to shake your tiny rut loose so you can start losing again...I hope everyone is enjoying a little cooler weather this weekend like we are in Virginia...it's so nice to be able to go outside, breathe and enjoy a nice breeze! Enjoy your weekend!

If anyone has an idea or request for next week's Group Challenge, let me know...I'm thinking about it to get ready to start tomorrow. Might just do a "shake things up" week...let me know your thoughts!
    Jessica

Hello @jessicakrall8! I definitely need to "shake things up". I have not been diligent at all - not gaining, but not losing either. It was lovely in Connecticut this weekend - what a relief to not have the air-conditioner on. I took a friend to the Long Wharf Nature Preserve yesterday morning. She has a Fitbit and calculated we walked about 4 miles - I was happy with that :) At the moment, I can't think of anything for the group challenge, sorry!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
  • Susanna527
    So what's everyone up to tonight? I feel like I should wash a load of clothes, but can't seem to talk myself into more housework! LOL I want to go out, take a drive and do something, but I'm afraid I'll eat again and/or spend money I need to save...so I'm going to read and behave. Anyone else have talks with themselves like that?! HA!

No matter what you're doing, I hope you're having a lovely evening!
    Jessica

I have talks like that all the time! Laundry is my MOST DISLIKED chore - my washing machine died and I moved to a new apartment where I can't have one, and I really can't stand going to the laundromat, ugh!
  • Susanna527
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Steps
    Aug 9: 14.706
    Aug 10: 14.806
    Aug 11: 10.740
    Aug 12: 15.056
    Aug 13: 14.433
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I am sorry I have been so quiet here. We are currently in the middle of a heatwave and I just feel miserable. I am already dreaming of autumn and wind and rain; summer sucks. I have not been doing anything besides some house work. Getting my steps in has been a challenge. I have to nap every day because of my headaches so it's not been going great. The temps should slowly start to drop tomorrow, but we probably wont get rain until Wednesday. Happy Sunday everyone <3

Hello! I hope there's been a break in your weather - I'm in Connecticut and there was a bit of a heatwave all last week - had my a/c on every day. Thankfully I was able to shut it off on Friday, and now just have a window fan going. Hoping your headaches are gone, too. Take care!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh ins
    PW: 179.3
    CW: 177.5
    LTD: -4.7

Aug 10 steps= 16,789
    Aug 11 steps= 9471
    Aug 12 steps= 9935
    Aug 13 steps= 3532 (charging fitbit that day afternoon)
    Aug 14 steps= 7261

over all not a bad week, if I do say so myself lol
    Have a great Monday Shape Shifters!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    Jessica, I have decided to opt out of the step challenge for this month because I have failed to be consistent in my reporting and I don't think that's fair to you as the administrator. I hope to start fresh for September. Thanks so much for the reminders and the good advice. Best to you! (Carole)
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Just a quick check in. I've been really trying to get more water in everyday. I don't care for fruit in my water (lemon, strawberries, etc) but I do use sugar free flavor enhancers on occasion to help me get it down. Any additional suggestions are welcomed.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    Hi, I'm not nuts about plain water either (unless it's sparkling). I like to add lemon and ginger or cucumber and mint to filtered water. I put the pieces in a drawstring, natural teabag so they don't "muck up" the water. Sometimes putting a little peppermint and vanilla extract makes it refreshing and interesting too. I also like to put a green teabag with some lemon juice and leave the teabag in the water all day. Celestial Seasonings has cold brew iced teabags the brew in cold water in 5 minutes (or longer, if you want - I keep them in there all day). I love the "Red, White & Blueberry" flavor. It has red and white hibiscus, natrual raspberry and blueberry flavors with other natural flavors and blueberries. That's it. (Caffeine-Free). Sometimes I add a few "Sucra Drops" (liquid sucralose sweetener) but usually I don't need it. I hope you find a combination that is enjoyable for you!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    As a retired dental hygienist I recommend being careful about adding things to your water. Sugar free water enhancers are the way to go.
    Anything adding calories or acid to the water can be very bad news. Especially if you sip it all day. If you drink it in one sitting or within 30 minutes it’s no big deal.
  • jessicakrall8
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us

Step Count
    8/14 6,692

@leni1us Missing your steps for the 13th. I looked back...have the 12th and the 14th. Please check the chart each day and fill in the gaps, ok? Thanks! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Jessica, I have decided to opt out of the step challenge for this month because I have failed to be consistent in my reporting and I don't think that's fair to you as the administrator. I hope to start fresh for September. Thanks so much for the reminders and the good advice. Best to you! (Carole)

I appreciate your kindness @walela617, but I have no problem catching you up, if you'll post the date/step count...then you can post every 2-3 days and we'll be all caught up. I really don't mind, but I thank you so much for thinking of me! :smile: Let me know...whatever you decide.
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.