Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 196

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Do you want to connect on Peloton? I'd love more people to follow (I only follow 7!!). My leaderboard name is BlueRidgeMomma.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    SW: 142.2

8/15 M - 144
    8/16 T - 143.2
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    pezhed wrote: Β»
    @ashleycarole86 Do you want to connect on Peloton? I'd love more people to follow (I only follow 7!!). My leaderboard name is BlueRidgeMomma.

Following you now! My username is the same on Peloton. Looking forward to seeing you on the bike!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,767 Member
    pezhed wrote: Β»

Following you now! My username is the same on Peloton. Looking forward to seeing you on the bike!

@ashleycarole86 @pezhed Will you both tell us more about Peloton? Equipment? Space requirements (I have a lower ceiling in my basement)? Subscription?
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    @_JeffreyD_ sure! The footprint of the bike is pretty small, like a spin bike. Their site specifies 8' ceiling requirement which sounds about right. We have pretty low basement ceilings and my 6'4" husband can ride no problem. They also have a treadmill and some weight training thing available but I just have the bike for now, and that's all you need for most of the cycling workouts. The subscription is a little expensive. It just went up to $44/month and you basically have to have it if you have the bike (to get the classes to stream to the big display on it). If you don't have the bike I believe they have a subscription option at $12.99 per month. You can use other bikes but their display shows your cadence and resistance and calculates an output for your rides, which is used to rank you on a leaderboard or to measure your own progress. For both subscription options you can do classes through your phone/tablet/laptop. I cast mine to the TV through Chromecast when I do non-bike classes. They offer strength training (so a set of dumbbells is useful), yoga, meditation, outdoor running/walking, treadmill running/walking/hiking, and other cardio classes. You can participate in challenges to earn badges and they have some programming to help you progress. It's hard to convey how great it is but I absolutely love it. I do all of my workouts through the app/bike. I hardly even walk my dogs without turning on an outdoor walk anymore. If you want to try out the app subscription for a couple of months for free, here is a referral link. You also get a 30 day trial with the bike after you purchase it, but I've heard the return process can be a headache.