Non Scale Victories

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    No no no chance of dancing nekkid publicly anywhere! There is no need to horrify dogs, small children and sensitive adults. All such dancing will be done at home for a kinder audience of one.
  • Yoolypr
    Not gaining it back has been half the battle! Forming habits that will last and carry through celebrations, holidays and stress is a daily commitment.

Congratulations on your success. And the freedom to enjoy carnival rides again.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Congratulations to both of you!….I won’t be riding any carnival rides no matter what I weigh….kind of like jogging, you won’t see me running unless a grizzly bear is chasing me!….I have this horrible fear of being attacked by a bear but I will never be anywhere that a grizzly could be!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited April 2022
    Connie my friend.... In the unlikely case of a grizzly bear attack (aren't you more likely to be attacked by an alligator where you're at?) Nevertheless, in the unlikely event of a grizzly bear attack that involved you or that involved me, our chances of survival and avoidance by running would be just about the same... which incidentally does not mean good 🤷🏻‍♂️🙀

You know the tiny by comparison scaredy cat black bears? Let me say that if you smell something really pungent ahead of you on the path, you may want to reconsider going forward just in case there's this tiny black bear enjoying himself (herself, didn't really ask🤷🏻‍♂️) on blackberries while standing up on hind legs.. tiny did not look tiny from where I stood... and tiny can botu out accelerate and outrun--at least me!

Thankfully tiny outran me in the opposite direction while I was dragging a growling barking water kitten (also known as "recently bitten by river otters") back in the opposite direction!

Did I mention that recently bitten crossed the street twice in pursuit of a grey squirrel less than an hour ago? At top speed without looking for cars?

I wonder if could cash on life insurance on her if I claim i was dependent?🤷🏻‍♂️ Or do they only sell life insurance to dependants????🙀😹
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    edited April 2022
    Connie, I took my almost 71 year old mother on that Farris Wheel and she wanted to do the other as she said, "funner rides" she wanted to get on the pirate ship one and the one you sit in "all strapped in and safe"(her words) that spins you up and sideways. Now I told her I'm not ready for those ones yet. Maybe next year. As for bears I'm a true lay on the ground kinda camper I've come into contact with those a few times. It was rattle snake country that scared me more. What if one of those 🐍 crawled into my sleeping bag! I slept in the car for a few nights with said sleeping bag unzipped over me. Granted at the time I was 13 and 15 years old. Family Vacation. Good times!
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2022
    No outdoor camping for me either. Texas has fire ants, tarantulas, scorpions and snakes! That’s in addition to the unbearable heat. So I’ll do my camping in a nice air conditioned hotel room - thank you very much. And they can do the cooking too.

Definitely no carnival rides. Those folks travel from town to town with iffy safety records. Amusement parks are a bit better. But why risk it when life is already scary enough?
  • conniewilkins56
    My idea of camping is the Marriott!
  • Yoolypr
    Going to Ohio next week for family visit. It’s been over two years since we’ve been back - trying to avoid passing covid around to fragile family members. We have also done very very limited travel.
    So I’m actually looking forward to getting on a plane ✈️ again because:
    I can easily buckle the seat belt. No more worry about extenders or bruising from tight belt.
    I can fully open the tray table 🍹rather than have it rest on my belly at an angle.
    I have room to wiggle around in my seat.
    Hubby and I aren’t pressed together uncomfortably for hours.
    Other people don’t give me that look of disgust 😠 at possibly having to sit next to me.
    Using the rest room in flight is no longer a challenge.

These seem like silly little things but the misery of flying while significantly overweight is awful. Last flight I took, I was able to relax enough to sleep! 😴
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    I wouldn't go THAT far (comfy sleep), but it is surprising how much more comfortable it is now in economy.
  • conniewilkins56
    I don’t like to fly but I will if necessary….when our daughter swam competitively we had to fly everywhere….I usually look like I have been beat up when I get off of the plane!
  • Yoolypr
    edited May 2022
    The really exciting part is to see if the flights get cancelled at the last minute! 🤯 That happened to us a few years back after we checked luggage and we’re an hour from boarding time. Some kind of computer/staffing/ screw up reason. So no luggage, no trip - sad ride home.
    And since there are no direct flights the fun is doubled both ways. Don’t want to repeat the time we spent the night trying to sleep in a waiting area.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    The Joy now when the airline you've booked a single connecting flight ticket through to the destination says: oh the initial delay that caused your connection to be missed was totally unavoidable by the airline (probably due to nice summer weather) so you're booked for tomorrow, enjoy the plastic seats and the security guard shoving you awake! Of course if it was OUR fault for short staffing and twiddling our thumbs then we would put you up at the Ritz and offer you free meals.... but was unavoidable... so have a nice day! And good luck figuring out what if anything your credit card or other coverage may or may not cover! 🤔🥺🤯🤬

*Who decides what's avoidable? Why the airline of course! 🤔🤯🐹🤬
  • Yoolypr
    Yup. I always carry snacks, change of clothes, toothbrush and a good book. Because you never know ........
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    NSV: I am working to spread my breakfast out in a snacky sort of fashion over the mornings, because whatever I eat at 6 am I'm hungry at 9 am. So now I have a muffin (2 oz, 150 calories) at 6 am, and then again with one of the subsequent cups of tea at 9 am, and I'm good until lunch at noon, and I haven't had food-related migraines so far since I started doing this. Moreover, it doesn't feel like food and eating is the big thing of the morning, and I really like that. I prefer to get up and have my tea and check my mail and get on with the day, and not even think about food. This way I can.
  • PAV8888
    And that's how you win my friend You discover what works for you today, and do not hesitate to revisit and make changes if it no longer suits!
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 2022
    I went to a family wedding in Missouri last weekend. I haven’t seen some of those people in many years. The NSVs -
    * Sat comfortably in the narrow airline seats. Didn’t “overflow” into adjacent seat!
    * Smaller clothes left room in the luggage.
    * Did not hide or object to having my picture taken. Not all flattering but I’m in there.
    * Had to introduce myself to several people and a few family members. Much jaw dropping.

All in all a nice ego boost.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    Wowzers Yooly, that's a pretty impressive haul of NSVs! Isn't it sooooooo worth it! Kudos to you!
  • PAV8888
    Woot, woot, woohoo!!!!!! :smiley:

I hate to say it but at under the 5ft 8" / 160lb mark -- if it weren't for "other people", I would rate airplane economy seats as NOT too uncomfortable. It DOES make a difference.
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Woot, woot, woohoo!!!!!! :smiley:

I hate to say it but at under the 5ft 8" / 160lb mark -- if it weren't for "other people", I would rate airplane economy seats as NOT too uncomfortable. It DOES make a difference.

Before losing some weight, we were the “OTHER” people. So not only are we actually more comfortable so is the person next to us.