Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 196

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @deepwoodslady I’m not sure where your doctor stands but the ADA has finally recognized (a few years ago) that lowering carbs makes a difference. I will add β€œespecially those junk carbs.” Here are a couple of web articles. Because you are diabetic, you do have to avoid a drastic cut and ketoacidosis. So many people have changed their diets to low carb and dropped enormous amounts of insulin. I feel as if we are old friends and I hate to harp on low carb but it has truly been a game changer for me. I’m not a medical professional so I will say that you should tell your doctor and see what he says. While I was never diabetic, I had been told decades ago that I was insulin resistant and been on a lowered carb diet with great results. The problem was going off the DIET. That’s why I no longer call it a diet but a LIFESTYLE.

How many carbs should I eat to lower my a1c?
    Diets containing 20–50 grams of carbs per day have also been shown to lower blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of disease in people with prediabetes ( 17 ).
    https://www.healthline.com β€Ί nutrition

How Many Carbs Should a Person with Diabetes Have? - Healthline
    More results
    Does a low carb diet help lower a1c?
    In summary, the 30%-carbohydrate diet over 6 months led to a remarkable reduction in HbA1c levels, even among outpatients with severe type 2 diabetes, without any insulin therapy, hospital care or increase in sulfonylureas. πŸ”…The effectiveness of the diet may be comparable to that of insulin therapy.πŸ”…
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov β€Ί pmc
    Effects of a low-carbohydrate diet on glycemic control in outpatients ...
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @SheilaBoneham I used to be a β€œcloset eater” so having my DH write down what I ate wouldn’t have worked.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @_JeffreyD_

@pezhed gave a good summary... I will just add that if you have family members at home that want to ride as well they can be on the same subscription... my husband and I have to fight for time on the bike (hehehe) but we can both use the app at the same time. My pricing is slightly different, but I'm in Canada so it's in that same ballpark.

I too love the other content on the app just as much as I love the bike. I never enjoyed riding a stationary bike before I got the Peloton but the classes are actually fun and I do the Power Zone training and love seeing my measurable improvements.

It's expensive, but with what my husband get out of it, we make it worth our while. I put so many years into gym memberships that I under-utilized. Now that I have invested in my home gym that includes the bike I must prefer that setup!!

Of course you have to buy the bike outright too, so that's an investment on top of the subscription that's being quoted.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask!