πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸͺ·

I have a tranche of Daily Solid Habits which I am continuing to perform:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    1. My goal for this month (This August I will...")
    This August, I am continuing to work on refining my laminated Solid Habit Sheets.
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Continue to organise Solid Habits into Morning, Evening, other categories.
    b) Type up on A4 and print out. Could use double sided?
    c) Set laminating machine and pouches up in hobbies room
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    a) I have set morning/afternoon/evening reminders on phone.
    b) I am setting a timer when I start.
    4. How often am I doing my August habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily from 4th August. (After my holiday)
    To date:
    βœ–οΈβœ–οΈβœ–οΈπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of August?
    A set of laminated reminder sheets that can be annotated in non permanent markers.

Mostly have worked out what I want on my sheets, and am working on hand illustrations.

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    15th
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Track every blt, weigh the grazingπŸ’–
    * Pretrack including w/eπŸ’–
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ’–
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Look for another job πŸ’–
    * Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, movie dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park & bath πŸ’–
    * Be present with bub after work for at least 1 hour πŸ’–
    * Skin care at night and floss πŸ’–
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited August 2022
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    This August, I am continuing to work on refining my laminated Solid Habit Sheets.
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    To date:
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌ16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    A set of laminated reminder sheets that can be annotated in non permanent markers.

Mostly have worked out what I want on my sheets, and am working on hand illustrations.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    Re arranged my habit tracker sheet will give this one a try. Decided to add in a spot for evening snacking I know it’s mid month but why wait till September? Played some guitar this evening hope to read a bit other habits are going well.
  • donna25trinity
    15th
    Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, movie dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park & bath πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• donna25trinity
    16th
    Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    Overall a good day room for improvement but isn’t that always the case? Purchased one more 8lb weight for arm work now I have a pair but I feel weak I know I am not it’s just the elbow screws acting up again so I guess I need to be careful but it makes me feel strange when 8lbs are a lot in certain arm positions.

I tried hard not to snack but ended up with 10 sea salt pita chips even after waiting to see if I was hungry or bored. Better go upstairs to get away from the kitchen.
  • donna25trinity
    17th
    Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    Wednesday August 17 Update

This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

To date:
    β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ 🍴 β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️🍴β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Insights:
    Days 1 & 2 Thought I had it all sorted and this would be the easiest β€œchallenge” I’d ever set.

Day 3 Was brutal and I finally confirmed that my low protein intake and having a large bank of calories still uneaten by dinner’s end is a very bad combination for me. Stopped myself from eating all the things and once I had fuelled a reasonable amount to ensure I wouldn’t wake in the night starving, I went to bed.

Days 4 & 5 So much better and I feel really good about this. I’ve struggled with my protein intake for 6 months. πŸ₯°

Day 6 Was a fiasco β€” truly the best word to describe it. Again, too many calories left uneaten and a low protein day = my worst scenario. 😬

Day 7 I felt ill most of the day and recovered; no evening eating. 🀒

Day 8 Better planned the day; no nighttime snacking, although up most of the night with a sick pup, I had nothing but tea. Continuing on this journey. πŸ₯±

Day 9, 10, & 11 Doing well and the pre-planning is helping ensure higher protein intake and more calories used earlier in the day. Pup is improving and we all got some sleep on the night of the 10th.

Day 12 Day was pre-planned to accommodate an evening meal with overnight guests. But then they were delayed as was dinner, by hours. I knew I wouldn’t make it (and still enjoy the visit) without eating. So we had some lovely food as we waited for them. Over calories, ate above my base calorie limit, and ate later in the evening than ai prefer to do.

Days 13, 14, 15 Struggling with wanting to eat lots of carbs and sugar (which I never desire like this). Wondering if it is time to take a different approach?

Days 16 & 17 Have given myself permission to capture the learning from this experiment and reset the goal of the cravings become overwhelming again. These two days have been fine and I really do need to figure out what it is that sets off the carb hunger and sugar cravings, if this happens again.

For now, keeping on this path. πŸ‘’πŸ‘’
    β™₯️ success
    πŸ₯’ used extra calories to eat veggies
    🍴 a missed day
    [/quote]

• TerriRichardson112
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    To date:
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you @jamcnewman for your message few days ago.

I have been busy with the volunteer job (which should lighten hopefully by end of August)

and my husband has been working 7 days a week around the clock (and wakes up middle of night to do more) for many many months.

I’ve been lonely. I’ve needed comfort. So I’ve eaten a little too much each day for awhile now. The scale keeps slowly climbing

And our beloved son & wife arrived 2 days early YAY for a 12 day visit. He immediately wanted his favorite restaurant foods for a couple of days, but we are now eating at home & I’m now slowly moving back to my healthy way of eating.

It was Interesting when I ate the restaurant food… headaches, fatigue
    Chinese food (1st in at least 7 years) gave me a horrendous Achilles heel & big toe cramp & my Husband had one later that night.

So I’m working not to offend my DIL
    Who loves to cook, but I think she understands.

Best case: I figure out how to eat less during there visit

Worst case: I’ll begin after they depart.

Either way, I’ll be dieting in September. Up about 3 lbs over my healthy BMI weight.

I need to whack sodium & re-find that easier balance that I had for years. My
    Husband’s job should be back to normal
    By Wed, and he will vacation with son/DIL & me Thursday Fri Sat Sun. I can’t wait.

I hope you are all doing well.
    Maddie xx
  • jamcnewman
    @MadisonMolly2017 So happy to read your note and know how you are doing. What great insights you have into what is happening and why. I really hope you have a great visit with your son and his wife, and that your husband is able to stop working this gruelling schedule after this. Enjoy all the moments! πŸ₯°
  • jamcnewman
    Hi everyone - hope you have a lovely Sunday today. πŸ₯° I posted this learning over on the August UAC, and will share here as it is tied to my August Health Habit: This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

I have been undertaking an β€œAugust experiment” to try to understand and rein in some behaviours. The experiment was framed to reveal whether the issue was:

1. That I needed to allow myself to eat back my exercise calories; or,
    2. That I needed to raise my calories; or,
    3. That I needed to avoid nighttime eating.

For this group, I was practicing a new habit to not eat my exercise calories through nighttime eating (the only time of day when I was eating them.)

The big learning for me is that none of the three β€œcontrols” are the cause of my β€œbad” days. The gap that is causing my challenge is my failure to plan the largest (usually the final) meal of the day.

When I don’t know what is for dinner or the evening plan (food, drink, activities), without realizing I have been doing it, I have been β€œsaving” my daily calories. I under eat and maybe even over exercise in relation to the calories I am feeding my body to ensure I will β€œmake it” for the daily β€œscore”. Even though for August I have not been eating my exercise calories β€” I was doing so prior, and that β€œbanking” seems to still be happening as if it is a buffer I build.

By nighttime, it is really challenging for me to make good decisions if I haven’t eaten enough calories or enough protein prior to 6 pm. Then, too much out of control evening eating. The effect on my sleep the night following this is really bad. I need to stop this. Sleep deficit (even just one night) can trigger a flare day, which sets me up for more bad sleep nights, and the cycle starts.

I am feeling so encouraged by having revealed this to myself. I would never have really learned this if I hadn’t actively tried to figure it out through a commitment to manage my habits and behaviour. My inclination yesterday was to stop tracking as it had gone β€œbad” β€” but that wouldn’t have helped me see more clearly what was going on. πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ’‘

My new action plan revealed from my learning:

1. Pre-plan β€” especially for the days where the evening meal isn’t yet known!
    2. Spread my calories more evenly throughout the day β€” especially the protein.
    3. Put those entries into my tracker. See the entries are a β€œholder entry” for the fuel that I need to feed my body.
    5. Accept that I will need to amend the pre-tracked entries to reflect the actual consumption: stop seeing this as a barrier to doing it.

From this action plan, it is clear to me that I need a new habit, which I am framing now and will post momentarily.

• jamcnewman
    Julie’s New Healthy Habit for August 21-31

1. I am a planner who pre-tracks her daily food consumption.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal:
    a) Pre-plan all of the meals and snacks for the day by end of the evening prior.

b) Plan protein at every meal or snack to ensure I am getting enough calories and protein earlier in the day to fuel my activity level.

c) Amend the food diary throughout the day to reflect the actual consumption.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
    a) Throughout the day, as I amend or confirm my calories consumed in my food diary, I will enter content for the following day for that meal (and others).

b) My iPhone alarm at 9 pm will prompt me to confirm that the following day has been pre-tracked. If not, I will do so right away.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
    I will practice this new habit every single day from August 21-32. I will report record of this by notating the success days with a heart β™₯️ and any missed opportunities with a πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

To date:
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
    Each day, I will remind myself of how important this is for my health and tell myself that I am proud of myself.

Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful. Please send comments or feedback on my posts?

At the end of August, I will have had 10 solid days practicing this new habit and feel confident that I have learned more about how to manage this aspect of my weight loss.
  • donna25trinity
    17th
    Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• donna25trinity
    20th
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Track every blt, weigh the grazing πŸ‘‡
    * Pretrack including w/e πŸ‘‡
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ‘‡
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Look for another job πŸ‘‡
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list πŸ‘‡
    * In bed by 9pm! πŸ‘‡
  • donna25trinity
    24th report
    I've been Mia for a couple of days been still focusing on goals but hvent had time to post.. All is good with me I'm In a really good place, hope u are all well too. Donna xo

Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ’–
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• donna25trinity
    Julie’s New Healthy Habit for August 21-31

1. I am a planner who pre-tracks her daily food consumption.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal:
    a) Pre-plan all of the meals and snacks for the day by end of the evening prior.

b) Plan protein at every meal or snack to ensure I am getting enough calories and protein earlier in the day to fuel my activity level.

c) Amend the food diary throughout the day to reflect the actual consumption.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
    a) Throughout the day, as I amend or confirm my calories consumed in my food diary, I will enter content for the following day for that meal (and others).

b) My iPhone alarm at 9 pm will prompt me to confirm that the following day has been pre-tracked. If not, I will do so right away.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
    I will practice this new habit every single day from August 21-32. I will report record of this by notating the success days with a heart β™₯️ and any missed opportunities with a πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

To date:
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
    Each day, I will remind myself of how important this is for my health and tell myself that I am proud of myself.

Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful. Please send comments or feedback on my posts?

At the end of August, I will have had 10 solid days practicing this new habit and feel confident that I have learned more about how to manage this aspect of my weight loss.

This is such a well thought out set of goals @jamcnewman hope ur smashing ur goals. Xox
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2022
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    To date:
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    I have created a monthly excel spreadsheet for my solid habits and printed it out, so am thinking of what to do next.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    @themedalist !!!
    My Meta Quest 2 is in its way!! β™₯️
    My son in the UK & I is getting one, too! He said we could play miniature golf, ping pong, etc.

I am beyond excited. Thank you!

ALSOmy DIL has trouble getting back to sleep in AM. I gifted her my backup eye mask that you recommended. She loves it, too❣️❣️

It’s really be helping me on these early sunny mornings 🌷