Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    HappySquidMuffin
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 139
    CW: 140

Not too bad, I’ll take it! Went for an early run and walk this morning. It is so nice to watch the world wake up! Saw some swallows swooping (say that 5 times fast) over the canal. Emptied the last of the dishes from the sink. Got huckleberries and peaches into my freeze dryer. The huckleberries aren’t mine, but I get to keep a bunch as my fee for for freeze drying them. Mmm.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Little Johnny went to Sunday school
    The teacher taught about his Grid took a rib out of Adam to make a wife first him. For the next couple of weeks Little Johnny is moping around. Finally his mom asks him what's wrong little Johnny? Little Johnny grabs his side and says I think my wife hurts.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @19shmoo69
    Knee-slapper! :D
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 147.4

I'm loving the stuffed bell pepper recipe I found. I need to look for more recipe's.
    Happy Tuesday everybody!
  • FushiaKat
    Hi All,
    It's a quiet Wednesday, I'm still sitting up my new computer, just the files left to transfer I think I got all the software I use all the time. I'm trying to build a Sandcastle contest room that has to be done by next week while I wait for the files to transfer to the USB drive. Life is pretty quiet for the most part. Hotter than you know what here. My electric bill will be $600 and that's keeping the temp set to 75 degrees. Nothing much else to report, I'm tracking and doing what I've learned how to do over the last year on MFP. Saturday was my 1-year anniversary. Less than 8 pounds to go, but even if I didn't lose those 8 pounds I would still be happy.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 194.6
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Steps
    Mon 8 - 12836
    9 - 16039
    10 - 10617
    11 - 13809
    12 - 11491
    13 - 12281
    14 - 18130
    15 - 9973
    16 - 12688

Just getting back into the swing of things after our motorcycle trip. My weight is up a little even though I didn’t get too far off track.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @FushiaKat Happy one year anniversary Kat! That's amazing how well you've done in a year, almost done!

@Jactop Great stepping!

Slow night around here, hope everyone is doing well! Did my workout, picked up my sleeping pill and ran by my brother's, then have been doing things around the house and catching up with friends. Tomorrow's some work then cleaning and have a board meeting so I'll be home most of the day. I'm reading The Fifty Names of Rain, want to wrap it up tonight as it's been really good. Have a great Thursday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    This week has been much better at work. I suspect some bumps ahead yet, but have enjoyed this week much more. Now to start nipping the bad habits. Several small leaks can sink the boat.... started with an extra snack here or there- just a little popcorn. And then it was another thing and another. I'm not all the way off the wagon yet, but going in that direction. And I did not like my weight today. Time to get back on track.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yay for fall on the way! That's too bad about the barre program freezing up but I'm glad you have a backup plan.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!!! Woot woot! Thank you! Wow, $34 is ridiculous for pizza. Yeah cooking at home is always cheaper (but not as fun lol). That's good there is another vegan family at church. I hope you had fun at your stamping club.

@happysquidmuffin We have a dehydrator feature on our Ninja Foodi and usually only make jerky for the dog. But I may have to try peaches in it, I love peaches! Do you use fresh or frozen?

@19shmoo69 LOL! Good morning, Darren! I hope you are enjoying your coffee. ;)

@FushiaKat Woo hoo! Nice loss! Wow, $600 is a lot but you can't be miserable. I know we use our portable AC because I'm not going to be miserable lol. Happy 1-year anniversary! You are doing great.

@Katmary71 Oh gosh that is hot. Yeah I'm definitely ready for fall but not winter. LOL about Asher and the squirrel! That's a hilarious picture.

@Jactop Great step count. I bet you get that extra weight off in no time.

@Cornanda I'm so glad it's better at work.

Hi all. I am trying to listen to my body more and eat less when I don't need to clean my plate. It's hard after so many years of being in the clean plate club. I'm working from home today so that's good. Have a great Thursday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Late ⚖️ Weigh Day ⚖️

Previous Weight - 195.2
    Current Weight - 195.4

I was no where near a scale Monday, overate Tuesday and yesterday. I’ll be taking my scale with me when we leave out next week.
  • FushiaKat
    Hi All,
    Just checking in. I got all the files transferred to one of my new hard drives by taking the hard drive out of my old computer and putting it in the new one. It took all night to transfer the files over. I have recycled my old computer today and all the old hard drives. Now to get that sand castle room finished. It's quiet here and hot but not as hot as lately, only 90 degrees at 1:30 pm. Had a nice chat with my shrink today, mostly about the stress of learning Window's 11 and Office 2021 while trying to set up the new computer, and my husband wanted me using my new computer ASAP!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @Cornanda So glad this week is going better at work, that's wonderful! I know you'll be on back track soon, you got this!

@trooworld I'm in the eat your plate club too, it's really hard between that and being told as a kid you weren't to waste food by not eating it (starving kids in Africa). Both of my parents grew up poor so I'm sure it had something to do with it but if you're eating cookies you eat the whole sleeve, bag of chips the whole bag, etc. I had bad sweet cravings too, I fully know why when I was on pain meds I ended up obese and diabetic, I think I was so active when I was young it didn't catch up with me until I was on all the drugs laying around in pain eating bags of chocolate. Glad you're learning how to listen to your body!

@shaunarlr83 Smart to take the scale with you!

@FushiaKat I was unsure when you mentioned it yesterday but what is the sand castle room? Are you decorating it with sand castles? Sounds pretty cool!

Hi everyone! Did my workout this morning then have been cleaning and did some work. Started a new book and had a board meeting tonight. The head of the charity I'm with posted some crazy video on Facebook last night of her and her boyfriend fighting but didn't bring it up tonight and it involved the charity and personal stuff between those two, she pulled it down and claimed it was an accident but I can't see how you accidentally post you and your man fighting on Facebook. Anyhow, I was stressed about it and overate tonight but tomorrow's a new day. The man I'm seeing is coming tomorrow so I'll be MIA over the weekend, hope you all have a great one! We're going out for his birthday tomorrow night. This weekend is also the three year gotcha anniverary of my cats, I got them some goodies that were delivered to my neighbor's but luckily recognized her spider plant, she did get a laugh when I texted asking if it was outside or if she'd opened Temptations and cat mice that were mine!
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 169.7

+2.4
  • Cornanda
    @Katmary71 - Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned- Enjoy!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thank you for the card! It's lovely and lifted me up!

Happy Friday all.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Divya365 Congrats on the loss!

@FushiaKat Good luck with the sand castle room. I hope it turns out well.

@Katmary71 Yeah, that's how my childhood was, clean that plate! You sound busy as ever. That's weird that she posted that video, I think that sort of thing shouldn't be posted, that is private stuff. Maybe she felt that way after she posted it. I don't see how that was an accident, either. I hope you enjoy your weekend with the new guy. Happy gotcha day to your kitty!

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss, well done!

Hi all. I hope you have a great Friday. Here's a little reminder for us all...

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

c0vtpkh7swe3.png
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.6
    CW: 140.0
    I’ve been away 5 days with my daughters visiting family that currently do not have a kitchen. My gallbladder hasn’t been happy with all the restaurant food, but everything else was nice.
    Lately (as in past 10 years) when we go away in vacation or so, around the third day, I have a sudden realization of how stressed I was and how much I’m enjoying a break from work drama. This is not new, I’m not young, and still get surprised by that jolt.
    I wish the work-life balance movement push started 20y ago 😁.

Completely unrelated- I use MFP on my iPhone and never had any issues, but after the new upgrades I can’t post any pictures. Did anyone figure out a way around this?
This discussion has been closed.