Hello To. New beginning

My story begins a year ago, I was Diagnosed with Caner! Then I started overeating till I gained 45 pounds! Today I’m happy to say I’m Caner free! With 45 pounds to lose! Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated!

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,813 MFP Staff
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal. Congrats on being cancer free! Wishing you the best of luck on your health and fitness journey.
  • jpartridge2020
    jpartridge2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Hi, and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on getting through cancer treatment successfully!

I'm a cancer survivor, too, but a long termer, at this point. I was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer back in 2000, treated in 2000-2001, still no evidence of disease now.

Losing weight will help your prognosis, with many types of cancer. This thread is the best single on-ramp to how to use MFP for weight management, in my opinion:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Don't let that joke-y title put you off: It's solid, sensible, easy to understand information.

Unfortunately - and foolishly - I stayed overweight (class 1 obese) for around 15 years after my cancer treatment. In 2015-16, I used MFP to lose 50+ pounds from obese to a healthy weight, and have been at a healthy weight since, now age 66. Losing weight significantly improved my quality of life. MFP can work!

Best wishes for much success in accomplishing your goals!