• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-169.6
    Current weight-167.4
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 127.9
    CW: 128.2

SW: 168
    LTD: 39.8

My goal is to continue within my maintenance target of 120-130 pounds, but I’d like to move closer to 125. Wishing you all the best in achieving your nutrition and exercise goals.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited August 2022
    @izzyred9400 - I hope you can add your name to the doctor’s cancellation list and get an appointment. September 5th will be here soon but I understand that it can’t be soon enough when you are dealing with your health. Without our health, we can’t enjoy the other parts of our lives as fully. There are definitely actions you can take to improve your blood pressure in the meantime so that’s a great approach. Good for you! Many people just ignore the situation, rather than make the changes needed. I think you can be proud of yourself for all the healthy habits you already have to build on — like walking, etc.

Recently, I shared an article with my mother when she expressed interest in reducing her blood pressure. I was surprised to learn that dark chocolate and a limited amount of alcohol can help (though too much can harm so there’s a balance) along with healthy eating (especially fermented and potassium rich foods, protein, Mediterranean diet), a decrease in salt and caffeine, regular exercise and relaxation. Here’s a link to the article:

https://www.prevention.com/health/health-conditions/a20428370/how-to-lower-blood-pressure-naturally/

I think it’s natural to worry about a new diagnosis but I agree with you that it probably has a more negative effect on your blood pressure. I’m sure you’ll have it under control in no time. It’s a good time to remember to include self-care strategies that work for you when trying to relax. I’m sure your husband and sons will indulge you in taking time for yourself during such a stressful time. ❤️‍🩹

The information above also includes soothing music as a helpful relaxation technique so dancing in your kitchen seems like a good place to start! 😉 You’ve got this!! Be well — We’re sending healing vibes your way!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 256 Member
    Yukie_OP steps (6k daily goal)
    8/14 6,804
    8/15 3,491
    8/16 3,352
    8/17 7,589

Workweek has been very busy and have been taking short lunches (i.e. no lunch walks) plus been working late into the evenings. Had to prioritize taking an walk after work yesterday knowing that I haven't been hitting my step goals.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    3c760cyawebf.png
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us

Step Count
    8/14 6,692

@leni1us Missing your steps for the 13th. I looked back...have the 12th and the 14th. Please check the chart each day and fill in the gaps, ok? Thanks! :smile:
    Jessica

So sorry @jessicakrall8. I know I'm a bit behind but I do have my step counts. I've been charting with my Apple watch but I got so busy, I just forgot to jump on here and post it.

8/13 - 7,036

8/15 - 11,928
    8/16 - 8,202
    8/17 - 10,343
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Thank you so much @Casandraw for your kind words & helpful hints.Also @PatriceFitnessPal thank you for taking the time to give your advice & encouragement.I will certainly look at all your links.
    My boys have been wonderful & supportive.I wish I could say the same thing about my husband but unfortunately he is not that good at supporting me emotionally.I bring him to task frequently on this subject!
    As I've been monitoring my BP at home I know what it is & it has been variable.140/70 to 128/66 it was 175/73 when I had it first taken at the Pharmacy.
    When I had the 24 hour monitor you can't see it.I was worrying before I knew what level it was.Anyway after ringing early this morning & speaking to a more helpful receptionist I got a phone call from the doctor.
    He said it was on the high side of normal but not dangerously high.He wants to run blood tests & an ECG & I may need medication.
    So I felt such a relief after I spoke to him.I have had high readings quite a few years ago but managed to control it by losing weight,avoiding salty foods & less alcohol.So hopefully I can get it under control myself.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    8/14-12,180
    8/15-13,535

@angmarie28
    Perhaps I missed your steps for the 12th? Please advise. Also, I've left you several messages asking you to email or call me. Can we PLEASE have a conversation? Email is jakrall@cox.net. Give me a number in the email and I'll call you. Thanks!
    Jessica

Sorry I have not seen any messages, ill have to go look. My steps for 8/12 are-2,473. My fit bit dies so most my steps werent counted

@angmarie28 I always hate it when mine dies! I have 2473 for the 13th...if it's for the 12th, then I need your steps for the 13th. LOL We'll get it straight eventually!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-169.6
    Current weight-167.4

Nice loss @angmarie28! WOOHOO!! You go girl...keeping busy is helping, right?!
    Jessica
  • KatSpring
    KatSpring Posts: 6 Member
    KatSpring
    PW: 159.9
    CW: 159.1

Is there already a discussion thread on stress eating? I need help, getting very discouraged with myself 😞
  • angmarie28
    8/14-12,180
    8/15-13,535

@angmarie28
    Perhaps I missed your steps for the 12th? Please advise. Also, I've left you several messages asking you to email or call me. Can we PLEASE have a conversation? Email is jakrall@cox.net. Give me a number in the email and I'll call you. Thanks!
    Jessica

Sorry I have not seen any messages, ill have to go look. My steps for 8/12 are-2,473. My fit bit dies so most my steps werent counted

@angmarie28 I always hate it when mine dies! I have 2473 for the 13th...if it's for the 12th, then I need your steps for the 13th. LOL We'll get it straight eventually!! :smile:
    Jessica

8/13-10,208
  • angmarie28
    8/17-5,414

Ive had the past 2 days off, spent both days running errands, going to appointments, working out and gymnastics, also cleaning my house. 4 kids home alone all day=my house looking like a frat party happened, ugh.

Today I went to the school to start moving my office, well someone already did, all my stuff is in boxes and bags and is all a mess, I could barely get into my new office. Spent 2 hours cleaning up and moving things around, pretty difficuly because I came from an office with a lot of storage space to a tiny office with abdolutly NO storage space, ugh. My boss said he would order some stuff but it will take a week to get here so ill be working out of boxes for a while which is irritating.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Good Morning,
    Aug 15 Steps= 10,955
    Aug 16 Steps= 10,415
    Aug 17 Steps= 9083
    Aug 18 Steps= 8234

We just switched over to a new computer system at work, it is plagued with problems, needing updates, ect.
    What use to take us 1 min transaction is now over 5 -10 mins. Let me tell ya, people are NOT patient! I don't really blame them either, it just makes us feel bad and stressed out.
    I have not been going for walks after work, as I'm just done, mentally tapped out. I read for a bit, eat potato chips then just go to bed. I know, not good to stress eat...
    I also know soon that we'll understand this new system, and hopefully tech's will have programming fixes to help out. I'm just glad this is now and not closer to Christmas, as I work at the post office! lol
    Anyways, Have an Enjoyable weekend everyone, I'm sure looking forward to a couple days off!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/16: 14,391
    Wed 8/17: 12,625
    Thu 8/18: 16,571
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday Weigh-in; August week 3
    PW: 227.8
    CW: 228.9 ( gained 1.1 lbs; 0.48%)

I knew I would have another gain this morning, but that's going to change this next week. I weighed 226.6 on 7/31 and my weight's been creeping up ever since then. On Tuesday, my weight exceeded 230, so I knew it was time to buckle down and get serious (230 is my 100 pounds lost mark). I can't allow myself to regain the weight I fought so hard to lose. This morning, it was 226.6 again. So, since I post a 7-day average, it looks like I've gained over a pound, but hopefully, next week should show a significant drop.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 159.1
    CW: 157.4

Steps
    8/18 - 8,684
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 145.1
    CW: 145.3

I got back into the gym this week. We also have been riding our bikes to drop off and pick up a child at school. I was hoping to see an improvement, but I have been emotionally eating and not tracking food.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 220.5
    CW: 223.5

birthday indulgences
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 647 Member
    kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 243.6
    CW (Current Weight):246.7
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    KatSpring wrote: »
    KatSpring
    PW: 159.9
    CW: 159.1

Is there already a discussion thread on stress eating? I need help, getting very discouraged with myself 😞

It's part of our discussions in this week's Group Challenge...go back a page or two in this thread and you'll find the Group Challenge link! Join us...or just discuss it here...I have issues with that myself...it can be hard to fight...and I know what you mean...when it happens, I get so mad at myself for "eating my feelings" as I call it! How can we help? What brings it on for you? How do you cope with it?

I saw three posts about it in the past 24 hours in THIS chat room, so you're not alone...seems to be a thing this week!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.