Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Steps
    Aug 14: 14.428
    Aug 15: 14.322
    Aug 16: 10.623
    Aug 17: 14.206
    Aug 18: 15.292
    Aug 19: 15.223
    Good morning Shape Shifters. As you can see I did the bare minimum with my steps (14k goal) and didn't even make it once. The temperature is a little better now, though still too warm for me personally. I will pick up my activity starting tomorrow though. My fitbit band broke, but the extra bigger band thankfully fits as well. It's insane how expensive a new band is so I am glad I don't have to buy a new one just yet. Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 907 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 138.4
    CW 136.6
    LTD 14.4
    This week's challenge SHAKE IT UP certainly did it for me this week ! I had a stressful weak with my health issues but managed not to eat my feelings.If you haven't joined in with the weekly challenges have a look.They are varied & fun & @jessicakrall comes up with a new idea each week.If you have any ideas please share as she may need some help.
    My steps
    8/16 8,095
    8/17 11,260
    8/18 20,688
    8/19 11,668
    Have a great Saturday Shape Shifters 🙂
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW 199.6
    CW 197.2

@izzyred9400 Wow, good for you for managing your stress in other ways. I like how you phrased it as to "not eat my feelings." That really resonates with me.

@laceyf53 I'm sorry to hear about your cat, hope you are able to get some quality time in this week

@jessicakrall8 thanks for posting the weekly challenge! I'll take some time this week to check it out.

I was travelling this past week and tried my best to make some healthy choices while eating out. In addition, another difference that I made is that I didn't come back and also snack in the late afternoon and late evening. Tried to limit snacking to only when I was feeling hungry. My exercise was also down this past week but I logged my food almost every day.

Heading out for bike ride before it gets hot. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 134
    CW: 134.2
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @izzyred9400 - I’m so glad your doctor called and the news brought relief. I don’t feel much emotional support from my husband either. In my husband’s case, anytime I share a challenge or success, he usually shifts the conversation to a problem he faces instead. That’s why I’ve set up other opportunities for brainstorming solutions and being accountable for testing out solutions (e.g., MFP, the local small business development networks, friends, etc.). My husband does believe in self-care though, and encourages me to prioritize health, so that helps. I’m glad to hear your sons - like mine - encourage you in supportive ways. Take care!

@KatSpring - As usual, @jessicakrall8 has great advice and is also leading the weekly challenge to help the F2F members find healthier ways to manage stress!

@angmarie28 - I hope you get your office sorted out soon. How irritating to have to deal with the office mess and clean up at home. Are your children old enough to talk with you about an acceptable standard of cleanliness and setting up agreeable consequences? Our sons seem to drift back into old patterns when they return home from college. It’s a bit tiresome to cover the same conversations with them - about taking the trash out when it’s full, washing their own dishes, removing dirty items from their rooms, changing their beds on a regular schedule, etc. - but I guess we all understand how much work it takes to build positive habits. It’s so nice to have them home visiting but all our family members are all still working on better habits!

@JenHul - I wish people would be kinder when we explain that we are learning new information or a new practice. There are always problems that the system designers and leaders didn’t expect, usually because they didn’t involve the actual users of those systems in the decisions about the development and adoption of new systems! I hope you are able to work through the initial kinks and the leaders support you through the next steps of implementation - especially by dealing with any customer complaints and/or communicating the system change (with some signage?) to set the expectation that there might be longer wait times and ask customers to be more understanding. Good luck and remember to breathe!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    Hi Jessica, You're welcome! (I love purple too!)
  • Walela617
    edited August 2022
    Walela617 (All-Time HIGHEST weight was 217.0 lbs. on 2/29/2008)
    (Thursday) Weigh-In Day, effective 08/18/2022
    PW: 164.0 lbs (previous weight-07/31)
    CW: 163.0 lbs (current weight-08/18)
    LTD: -1.0 lbs (Loss to date for August Challenge)
    0hnyry0hau5s.jpg
  • Walela617
    edited August 2022
    What? My "metabolic age" jumped up to 70?! (According to my Renpho scale, that is.) Ahh, whadda THEY know? {oops}

My real age is 64 (as of 8/18). Have a great weekend everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Steps
    Aug 14: 14.428
    Aug 15: 14.322
    Aug 16: 10.623
    Aug 17: 14.206
    Aug 18: 15.292
    Aug 19: 15.223
    Good morning Shape Shifters. As you can see I did the bare minimum with my steps (14k goal) and didn't even make it once. The temperature is a little better now, though still too warm for me personally. I will pick up my activity starting tomorrow though. My fitbit band broke, but the extra bigger band thankfully fits as well. It's insane how expensive a new band is so I am glad I don't have to buy a new one just yet. Happy Saturday everyone <3

Nice stepping @pupowl this week! Glad things are cooling down a bit for you! Same here for me...it's been really nice this week, so much so that I've been able to go sit in my car during lunch at work and read...hope it continues...

Wanted to tell you to check out the fitbit bands on Amazon...MUCH cheaper and lots of styles/colors to choose from, just make sure you choose the ones that fit your particular fitbit model!
    Jess
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps:
    8/16 9,534
    8/17 8,595
    8/18 7,635
    8/19 9,600
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 907 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW 199.6
    CW 197.2

@izzyred9400 Wow, good for you for managing your stress in other ways. I like how you phrased it as to "not eat my feelings." That really resonates with me.

@laceyf53 I'm sorry to hear about your cat, hope you are able to get some quality time in this week

@jessicakrall8 thanks for posting the weekly challenge! I'll take some time this week to check it out.

I was travelling this past week and tried my best to make some healthy choices while eating out. In addition, another difference that I made is that I didn't come back and also snack in the late afternoon and late evening. Tried to limit snacking to only when I was feeling hungry. My exercise was also down this past week but I logged my food almost every day.

Heading out for bike ride before it gets hot. Have a great weekend everyone!

Thank you @pedal__power I'm quite pleased that I managed to stay focused or maybe it was the worry that made me lose weight this week ?? I can't take credit for the phrase "eating my feelings" as I coined it from our lovely captain @jessicakrall8 😉
    Hope you have a great weekend & enjoyed your bike ride.
  • kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    Kateineu
    Saturdays
    PW 177
    CW 177.5
  • jessicakrall8
    The August, Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 21st. Join me for a "Stress-Free Me"...a week of discovery, sharing, learning, relaxing and managing our stress-filled lives. Bring a friend...hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872013/august-week-4-group-challenge-stress-free-me/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    i6jdge49znbb.jpg
    Missing weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @JanieD82 2x
    @ewilhelm2487
    @cre804
    @bearchested
    @Nataliewr0403
    @Valentina_99v x2
    @Tiguan26 x2

Sunday morning stats start before the birds are awake, so please report in today! Thanks!

STEPPERS...you know the drill...report in and help me fill those blank spaces! My spreadsheet is looking naked! :blush:
    Jessica
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403
    PW 136.1
    CW 135.6

8/13. 9406
    8/14. 10,683
    8/15. 7964
    8/16. 7101
    8-17. 7348
    8/18. 10,023
    8/19. 8602
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited August 2022
    pedal__power

… I was travelling this past week and tried my best to make some healthy choices while eating out. In addition, another difference that I made is that I didn't come back and also snack in the late afternoon and late evening. Tried to limit snacking to only when I was feeling hungry. My exercise was also down this past week but I logged my food almost every day. … Heading out for bike ride before it gets hot. Have a great weekend everyone!

Congratulations on making “… healthy choices while eating out” during your travel time @pedal_power!

That’s been a challenge for me this week. I drove to South Carolina from northern Virginia with my son. We ate some fast food and I over-indulged a bit after a busy day of shopping and moving items into his new living space.

He’s returning to Clemson University for his third year. During his first two years, he lived in dormitory apartments on campus. This year, he’s sharing a house with five other students. It’s a beautiful living space and his roommates were so welcoming and helpful when we arrived with his belongings. I’m so happy to see him enjoying new friendships and excited to see him settling into college life after some strange COVID-influenced years (e.g., no high school graduation, quarantined with only two roommates and then sent home mid-year during his first year of college, etc.).

I’m taking the overnight train back home later tonight (actually very early tomorrow since the departure is at 1:40am). So, I have an opportunity to eat better today. Even though I made some decent choices while traveling - like milk instead of soda with my fast-food order and oatmeal instead of a chocolate muffin at the hotel breakfast - I also ate items that I’m generally good at resisting (e.g., fries, alcohol, etc.). For example, I had a margarita with dinner just because it’s my habit at a Mexican restaurant. In retrospect, I really didn’t even want it but it seemed to ‘complete’ my dinner for some reason.

The good news is that this experience seemed to teach me that the food choices didn’t make me feel better. So, I think I’ll do better next time. Thank you for posting about your positive behavior this week @pedal_power. Reading about your success led to some good reflection for me and I think I’ve turned a corner toward healthier decisions while traveling.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875

I got back into the gym this week. We also have been riding our bikes to drop off and pick up a child at school.

Good work, @KHill875! I like the idea of building exercise into the new back-to-school routine! This weekend, I’m helping my younger son move and next weekend, I’m traveling to Boston with my older son as he moves into a new room near his campus. When I return home in early September, I’m going to find a couple ways to incorporate new habits. I think I’ll ride my bike to rowing practice instead of driving as one positive change in September. I’ll give some thought to it this week and report my plans next Sunday. Thanks for the motivation!
This discussion has been closed.