Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sunday is Sustainable Habit Theme-day!

There is one clear and resounding theme that I’ve noticed when reading the MFP success stories of people who have achieved their fitness and nutrition goals AND maintained a healthy weight long term. They all report a shift in their thinking from short-term dieting (or muscle gain) to long-term habits they can sustain throughout their lives.

What positive habits are you working to build? Are there any habits that you’ve developed that might help others? If so, please share what you’ve learned?

When Shape Shifters - and other F2F team members - reach their goal weight, we are encouraged to continue engaging with our teams through maintenance. The GOAL ZONE Maintenance Chat is another space available within the F2F Challenge community to support the long term behaviors needed to sustain success. Anyone can visit the F2F groups/GOAL ZONE chat space to learn more about the strategies other members use to maintain their goals … as well as the ongoing challenges they face.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest

What habits are critical to your lifelong success? Have you noticed any habits that are holding you back? If so, experts on behavior change say it’s easier to replace a bad habit with a good one Than to eliminate the bad habit. What positive change can you make? Sometimes small substitutions can lead to huge successes over time.

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,536 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi Jess! Thanks so much for the amazon tip. I didn't even think of that. Bands are indeed much cheaper there so I am glad you mentioned it. Hope you are doing well! I will try to go back to post daily here because it helps me a lot. Especially when I am not feeling great.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

2bh5mofsfbue.png
    q50blf7as6qt.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    se3qaw2shcea.png

By Pounds
    n8bjt7qcqql1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8ai5djnjbe9r.png

By Pounds
    f1qs733ac8zy.png

ynoexl2ssja2.png

Shape Shifters Team Winners
    jibfo17a03y8.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,136 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Fri 8/19: 7,811
    Sat 8/20: 11,329
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    edited August 2022
    Glad you had a good trip @PatriceFitnessPal and were able to get your son settled in for his Junior year in SC! I know that seeing him growing, succeeding and building/maintaining great friendships will help keep peace for you as you go through the year. What is he studying again? Not sure if I saw that in what you wrote...it has to be exciting coming out of those crazy COVID years to get back to something akin to "normalcy" in his life. Will you see him again at Thanksgiving or at Christmas break, I'm guessing? Is he your youngest?? Are you going through that whole empty nesting experience? I guess you're well into it at this point, since he's on his third year...what's that like? Are you finding new hobbies or redefining spaces in the house?

Well, glad you had that time together...those memories are precious to you, I'm sure!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    fv7ljpria9sz.jpg

CONGRATS to all the winners and those with honorable mentions this week! Great job!
    Jessica
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 213 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday (sorry for the late reporting)
    PW: 193.8
    CW: 195.8

Not exactly sure the reason for the gain. I over indulged a bit over the weekend, but was on track the rest of the week. I did over-exert myself on a long row that I probably resorted to bad form at the end, so I'm dealing with a sore back. Looking forward to a loss next week.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    Thanks @pedal__power unfortunately right after I posted I got the call she passed. I went to see her body that night, and will be getting her ashes back this week. I plan on going through the process of neutralizing the ashes so I can pot an orange blossom tree.

I have spent the whole weekend crying and not eating, so I guess my weigh in tomorrow will be good at least. Just really sad and going to miss her very much. I'm glad she was at the hospital on pain meds and a heating pad, she had a very peaceful ending.

As someone who's gone through that pain several times, I am SO VERY SORRY for your loss @laceyf53 ...I hope your memories of her through the years will soon bring a smile to your face, once the tears stop. I still see my LacySue in little glimpses around my house, everywhere I look...her favorite spots...it's so hard to grieve...may you find peace soon. When your heart begins to heal, perhaps you'll need that purr again and open your heart to adopt another one desperately needing a wonderful Mom. I like that you're honoring her with the orange blossom tree. **HUGS**
    Jessica
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Msashleybing
    Sunday
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 193.0

Steps: 6,000

8/13: 6357
    8/14: 7318
    8/15: 7515
    8/16: 5139
    8/17: 5467
    8/18: 6688
    8/19: 4770
    8/20: 6614

I can’t believe it’s been a week already!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 194.0
    CW 193.5

I am so sorry I missed my weigh in. We went out of town and it completely slipped my mind!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited August 2022
    @laceyf53 - I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat — sending my condolences and thinking of you ❤️‍🩹.

@bearchested - I hope your back feels better soon. Your body is probably hanging on to some water for muscle repair.

Take care, Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited August 2022
    Congratulations on finishing in the top two teams this week team! … and cheers to all the great progress from our leader board members!! —

@msashleybing, @CasandraW, @angmarie28, @izzyred9400, and everyone sticking with it through both the easy and difficult weeks. Keep up the good work!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited August 2022
    Glad you had a good trip @PatriceFitnessPal and were able to get your son settled in for his Junior year in SC! … What is he studying again? … Will you see him again at Thanksgiving or at Christmas break, I'm guessing? Is he your youngest?? Are you going through that whole empty nesting experience? I guess you're well into it at this point, since he's on his third year...what's that like? Are you finding new hobbies or redefining spaces in the house?

Thanks for your thoughtful message, @jessicakrall8!

My son is studying business & environmental and natural resources, with the idea of helping big businesses get on board with environmental stewardship, finding joint solutions to climate change problems, and/or shaping national policy to make sure businesses are acting as responsible partners in addressing the global crises exacerbated by careless companies.

We’re hoping to see him over the American Thanksgiving holiday. His 21st birthday is around that time and his friends are talking about watching one of the big college football games that are played that weekend but I think he’ll pop in for dinner together at least. We’ll see —

He’s definitely planning to spend more time with our family during the longer winter break. Our older son sometimes spends Thanksgiving in Boston because we have so many family members there and it’s a much bigger event than our tiny family dinner of four. I miss the Boston celebration of fun banter, sports, and games but traveling is not very pleasant at that time. So, we usually opt for a very quiet, stress-free time to unplug and stream a movie or television series. I enjoy both types of holiday though … and it’s wonderful when both sons are home at Christmas/ New Year time.

We are adjusting to the ‘empty nest’ but it’s taking far longer to downsize and declutter than I imagined. I have MANY unfinished projects and plans but I’m slowly chipping away at them. I’ve definitely increased my rowing and improved my health with more ‘me’ time. My business is very new so that’s taking up much of my time, especially keeping up with all the tax and business registration requirements. It’s been a learning curve since my husband retired and started his own business, too. We’re fortunate to have his medical benefits as part of retirement - and our sons are learning a lot by working part-time with us - but there are still a lot of daunting barriers to overcome. I just take it chunk by chunk!

Thanks for the important reminder — I guess I should work on my invoices now, since tuition bills will be draining our account 😂🤣😂! My train departs South Carolina at 1:40 AM and arrives about 12 hours later so that’s the goal I set for my trip: Send invoices!! — a job I hate for some reason.

Sorry for rambling. It was a great trip, productive and enjoyable time spent with my son. Now, back to work after some poor dinner choices and bigger portions than usual! Best wishes to all.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Good work @msashleybing and @cre804! … I hope you enjoyed your out of town trip. I’ll have to learn your tips for managing a loss while traveling. Please share your secrets when you get a chance — Welcome back!
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    laceyf53
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 243.1 lbs
    CW: 240.3 lbs
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 368 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW: 177.5
    CW: 176.4
    LTD: -5.8

Aug 19 steps= 9014
    Aug 20 steps= 3514
    Aug 21 steps= 5152

Have a great week Shape Shifters!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 264 Member
    Yukie_OP steps (6k daily goal)
    8/18 6,798
    8/19 7,173
    8/20 7,638
    8/21 7,344

@laceyf53 sorry to hear about you're lovely kitty -beautiful picture 💕
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 213 Member
    @laceyf53

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.
This discussion has been closed.