Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adventurous This August!!!

Replies

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 247 pounds (July 2021)
    Current Weight: 187.1 pounds
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165 pounds
    Pounds Until Goal: 22 pounds
    August Goal Weight: 184 pounds

August 3: 187.1 pounds
    August 10: 186.1 pounds
    August 17: 185.4
    August 24: 186.8 (+1.4 pounds)
    August 31:

Weekly Goals:
    1. Work out 4 hours a week
    2. At least 1 work out focused on strength
    3. At least 1 work out jogging
    4. At least 1 social event per week
    5. Focus on hobbies 4 hours a week
    6. Eat out 3x a week or less

Ah, time of the month, you cruel mistress. Let's see how next week rolls around.

Next week is going to be a real test for me. Due to projects at work/extra responsibilities, I'm going to be working some overtime which requires me to get to work earlier, rather than staying late. Can I avoid needless snacking, prepare quick and healthy breakfasts, and still have energy to cook dinner when I get home? I certainly won't have time to do a full workout those days. Maybe I can do some after dinner walks. Planning on making shredded chicken tacos Sunday night so that I can bring that for lunch each day. High protein, low calorie, tasty.

Wins:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6

Work ons:
    5. We've bumped it up to an hour per week now! Unfortunately (or fortunately) career development stuff is getting in the way of hobby time.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    It's Wednesday and I'm just counting down until the weekend. We'll be busy again but it's busy at home instead of road trips and mini-vacations. One of those things will be the monthly movie night. I still don't know what I'll have provided for people.... it's a good thing it's pot luck so it isn't all on me this time.

It's finally started cooling off in the mornings so walking as soon as the school bus pulls away was pretty great this morning.

Too much work stuff to do much moving during the day this week and that's a shame. I like my lunch break work outs.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    I have not done well in August. I'm traveling with my son next week, which means I probably won't be on plan, and I'm just hoping to end the month no more than 2lbs up.

I'm an anxiety/ADHD/exhausted eater and this month has been intense. Hubs starts his new job in September, school starts in September, and I should know about the job I'm interviewing for in September - so what I'm saying is I have high hopes for things calming down in September and me being able to focus on kicking butt. And maybe not be so tired. I think I'm having a fibromyalgia flare up, but let's be honest I'm new to this and my doc has done a poor job explaining anything other than "here you take these pills now" so I don't really know what a flare up entails. I do know I am exhausted, no amount of sleep can touch it, and everything on my body feels like I was hit by a large truck. And eating makes it feel a little bit better so I'm taking what I can get.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Anyone else salty with MFP after getting the email update re: barcodes?

Not going to lie, I've already downloaded Lose It and find it MUCH better to use. Am going to try that out for awhile and only spend time on the community section of MFP.

@CupcakeCrusoe - you do this with Cronometer if I'm not mistaken?
  • kenziestabes
    @seltzer_lover I just saw it! If they think hiding the barcode scanner behind a pay wall is going to get more people to sign up for premium rather than find new apps, they are sorely mistaken.

I'll have to check out Lose It.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited August 2022
    @seltzer_lover Yes! Also salty over here! Also, ads keep playing when I log something then try to leave my diary. At first I thought it was a case of fat fingers, but nope. MFP is slowly alienating everyone. LOL.
  • kenziestabes
    Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    @seltzer_lover I just saw it! If they think hiding the barcode scanner behind a pay wall is going to get more people to sign up for premium rather than find new apps, they are sorely mistaken.

I'll have to check out Lose It.

totally agree with you.
  • pamperedlinny
    Tomorrow is Ladies Monthly Movie Night!!!! I'm so ready for some adult time. Also, tonight is my first book club meeting. I'm seriously hoping to enjoy myself and meet some new amazing people. We shall see.

I messed myself up really good yesterday. I'm my TOM and I'm diabetic. I went my daily walk in the morning after the school bus left. Around 10:30am I ate some chips and cheese and told myself I'd have a real lunch shortly. Then I got busy with work and didn't really stop at all. By 4pm I picked up my daughter from school and went to go shopping because she needed a few things. Cue my blood sugar dropping from exercise (walking all through the store) without anything in my system. I had the shakes and cold sweats.... it was a pretty bad moment. I did eat after that but didn't even try to track. I was having gummy bears for quick sugar then a chicken taquito for quick protein hit. Then I ate actual dinner when I got home. Needless to say tracking at that point was the farthest thing from my mind.

I know better and rarely have this type of issue but yesterday I just didn't think it through at all.

The barcode email from MFP has me seriously ticked off. I've been on here daily for years and that is one of my favorite things about recipe building and food logging is the bar code scan. Now I'm debating do I find a new program after this amazing streak? I really don't want to pay premium but I really love the bar code scan for finding products.

@mshawski I eat more when I’m exhausted or struggling in other parts of my life too. It’s so hard not to back slide every time something crazy happens.

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Hello I am back from Hawaii. It was a busy week with the funeral and family things. I couldn't really track food well but I tried to do aquafit in the hotel pool when things allowed. There were days with walking but wasn't tracking. This morning when I woke up at home and had to face the scale I said if I just don't go back into the 250s I will be fine. I was 249.4. I will do a check in once I get back down and make some progress. This weight isn't is too recent to be too hard to lose. So back to walks and eating healthy at home. Anyway I must have gotten some exercise since I have been sore for the past few days.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    I'm currently paid bc I really love MFP and want to support it. I came here from Lose It! which didn't work for me. I don't plan to pay premium every year, though! So I guess I'll see what things look like when my membership runs out. I already let my Fitbit membership go, because this is the app I mostly use.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Friday weigh in day!
    Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150

SW 8/1: 186.2
    8/5: 181.8 (-4.4)
    8/12: 181.6 (-0.2)
    8/19: 180.4 (-1.2)
    8/26: 181.6 (+1.4)

🌞 August Goals! 🌞

🧡 August GW: We're shooting for 183 again!
    🧡 New August GW: 180

🧡 Log everything in grams ✅
    🧡 Do at least three pole classes a week ✅
    🧡 More than 100g protein every day I missed it by *that much* yesterday.
    🧡 No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🧡 At least 64oz of water a day ✅

Welp, ovulation has had me bloated all week, I know this isn't real, and even if it were, I've made great progress this month regardless. I might still see 180.something before this month ends, we'll see.

From now until late September, things are going to be very hectic in my house. It'll be a test of my consistency.

Last night was floorwork and splits class, so I am sore today in little muscles I don't think about often. Tomorrow is a triple threat: kickboxing, pole control, and one I haven't taken before: pole flow. It'll be interesting!

Also today: pizza and beer! I look forward to this all week. This weekend, I take Kid to the grocery store to help me pick out snacks and stuff for their lunches, the start of school approaches.

Tag party time!
    @ktilton70130 I hope you survive well your 8 day work stretch. :neutral:

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 orange ginger mini muffins sound incredible.

@pamperedlinny aww, it looks like she had a great time. And so cool you could surprise them again! Have fun at ladies night!

@Crazygraciegirl_ you WEAR those shorts! It's a great feeling to feel free enough to engage with the weather on your own terms as far as clothes go.

@sarah12277 working out with friends always motivates me more to go than if I were to go by myself.

@bonniemcc4 I hope the appt went well. :heart:

@seltzer_lover CAKE! Yes!

@kenziestabes I still love your goals format. So specific, to track progress.

@mshawski I totally sympathize with the crazy time of year, and I hope your doctor gets a clue, that's not okay.

IRT mfp maybe making something a paid thing, yes, @seltzer_lover, I log my food and weight in MacroFactor, which is paid, but no ads or useless (to me) blogs, or anything, just a food and weight tracker and suggested TDEE calculator. I'm only here for the community.

Ever since UnderArmor bought MFP, there has been more monetization. And like, how could there not be, this day and age. But Pepperidge Farm remembers when the site was free and there were 0 ads, no blog posts, just member posts and community. Those were the days.

I am glad MFP is here, I appreciate what they did in the past, and I don't want to give them my money when they do this kind of thing. So I'm not, I'm giving my money to other people, lol.

@KeriA welcome back! And you didn't cross your threshold, well done!

@sargemarcori Yeah, back when everyone was getting into fitbit, I couldn't make it communicate with MFP properly (and consistently) so I let that go.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

• kenziestabes
    @CupcakeCrusoe I've been trying to stick to the SMART method of goal setting because I've found more success in it.

Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Realistic
    Timely
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    MFP - Yea the ads are annoying but this site has been the best logger I've found. I don't use the barcode as it seemed to just do the search for me and wasn't always that exact item; so that was useless to me. So I'll be here. I did try Premium when it first started. Wasn't necessary then. Carb cycling I could see it being useful to setup different days but so far the tracking has been fine.
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    Better late than never, but I'm glad to be here. I'm Kristi :)

Stats:
    Age 40
    Height 5'5.5
    HW ever: 250+ lbs in 2008/2017/2020
    (I've gained & lost between pregnancies, getting down into the 180's postpartum)

CW: 228.4

HW in August: 232.4
    GW for August: 226
    GW for end of 2022: 205 or less
    UGW: 145-175

Total loss so far: 21.6 pounds

No special diet right now. Just counting calories, focusing on protein & tracking everything. I haven't had an exercise routine in a while, but this week I've been working on being more intentional with daily movement. I was really inspired after reading the thread that talks about increasing NEAT. Finding & charging my fitbit to track steps and daily calorie burn is next. Looking forward to starting a fresh month & goals next week!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Mary 65 now, from Pennsylvania.
    Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22- 155 lbs
    4/1/22- 156.4 lbs :-(
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs :-(
    6/1/22- 152.2 lbs :-)
    7/1/22- 157.4 lbs :-(
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs :-( Was MIA in July just crazy busy with work and life to post but read all your posts.
    8/7/22- 167.2 lbs

8/14/22-170.2 lbs :-(
    8/21/22-177.8 lbs :-(
    8/28/22-180 lbs :-( I've been bad. Eating too many carbs!
  • pamperedlinny
    Ladies Movie Night (along with the kids having their own party upstairs) had almost everyone come out this time. It was chaos and fun and fabulous. I'm so glad to have found my tribe. We all need a group a ladies that won't judge no matter what you have going on. Having an excuse to come together once a month to eat, watch, catch up and laugh has been really cathartic. 4 movie nights in and we are definitely staying on that plan for as long as I can make it work.

Since my birthday is Sept 30 we're doing the Sept movie night on Oct 1 at another friend's house. I've been informed I can't host or plan my own 40th birthday and I'm kind of extra excited for that. We're doing Hocus Pocus 2. Woot!!!!

I'm on countdown for seeing a new doctor in November so I need to really tighten up what I'm eating and get my exercise schedule back on track (it fell apart the last 3 weeks between out of towns and school starting). I truly hope the new doctor actually listens to me and has some ideas but that also means I need to be sure my A1C isn't doing anything wonky when I walk in the door. I've got a new recipe dropping on the blog tomorrow and I plan to get back to Zumba 3 or 4 times a week plus my at home exercises again since they have been sporadic lately.

For anyone who has kids in school and maybe wants some easy but different than PB&J lunch ideas I've been posting my daughter's lunch every day on my FB page. I thought I'd share only because I know I'm always looking for more ideas to pack in her bag but every time I look up ideas I see all of these cutesy things from people with way too much time on their hands. www.facebook.com/Healthy-Eating-with-Linda-1062727192093513

@Crazygraciegirl_ You look amazing! Go girl!

@getfitformeee Welcome! I love my fitbit. It definitely keeps me moving more.

@finngirl61 Welcome back. Don’t be too hard on yourself as that’s a lot to handle and it’s only been a year. Great job being down 11 lbs!