Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm glad you had a good time at the potluck. I hope all goes well with the CT scan for Joe. Yes, it's expensive to get your pup's teeth cleaned but so important. I'm glad you are getting it done. Just a heads up: most pet insurance does not cover dental cleanings, and some offer an option to pay more to have it covered. I just signed up for a discount program (it was $15.80 a month, which is much cheaper than insurance), here is a link, look up to see if there is a vet in your area that accepts it and it will tell you the discounts that the vet gives which are your benefits for paying for it (I think you click on GET STARTED): https://www.unitedpetcare.com/

@shaunarlr83 Thank you so much! I appreciate it. How nice to honor your great uncle! How special. I am glad you figured out your headaches. That's a lesson for us all.

@Katmary71 Thank you so much! I'm trying to meditate again, myself. Good luck coming up with a birthday goal!

Hi all. Still not feeling my best. I'm really going to have to push myself to work out this morning. Have a good day, everyone!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    @trooworld I pray the mental battle leaves. Have you been drinking coffee? How about some jalapeños? Have you been dancin'??..................... a shake shake shake...shake shake shake.....
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld Do you want to do a daily check-in on here for meditation or anything else people would like? It could be a going into fall on the right foot thing for the group?

@19shmoo69 I had to laugh at asking Chris about coffee, there is something to be said for starting the day with coffee and a little dancing that helps, I think especially if it's fun music with good memories which for me is 80s stuff.

Hi gang! Had kind of a slow day but it's been good, no complaints. Did my workout then got some work done and am figuring out my schedule and budget for next month. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, look out weekend here I come, because weekends were made for fun (corny high energy 80s song by Debbie Deb).
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    Weigh in day Friday
    username davidji82
    PW:227.5
    CW:225.9
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @trooworld - hugs to you and feel better

@19shmoo69 - Coffee and dancing sounds like just the thing.

More tomorrow-

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @19shmoo69 Thank you so much. It's definitely a struggle. I have been drinking coffee but apparently not enough lol: I need more this morning, that would definitely lift my mood! I made some iced coffee for the weekend and maybe I'll get into that. No jalapeños lately lol. No dancin' but that's actually a great idea, maybe while I cook tonight, I will put on some Prince (my favorite) and dance!!! :D

@Katmary71 That's a great idea! I will whip something up after this. Yes to 80s music with fun memories!!! I just paid my bills myself.

@davidji82 WTG! Nice loss!

@Cornanda Thank you! Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I feel a tiny bit better today. Yesterday, I spent the day working on Adobe InDesign tutorials, which I am trying to learn for my job. It was fun to do this so it brightened my day a bit. I'm going to take Darren's suggestion about dancing lol. I'm glad it's Friday. My husband and I are going to go for a beer after work and sit and people-watch, that's always fun.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    edited August 2022
    nycnzpoa9xi0.png

EASE INTO YOUR GOALS AND INTO FALL!
      Join the team on a new challenge:
    1. The choice is YOURS! Choose 1-3 small goals to work on from now until September 22nd, the first day of fall.
    2. Focus on your goal(s) and report here as often as you would like how you are doing!
    I'm going to start. I will work on:
    • 10 minutes of meditation a day
    • 50 oz of liquids a day

Will you heed the call? JOIN US!!!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 196.2
    Month +/-: +.02
    Total Loss: 68.2

• TeresaW1020
    @shaunarlr83 What a fantastic story about your uncle Blackbear Bosin! I did Google him and he was a wonderful artist and that statue is so cool! I’m posting the picture so others can admire him as well. I love that you all are getting a tattoo that has so much meaning for you all. <3

@Katmary71 I’m so happy for you that you have a new man in your life. Having witnessed the ordeal you had with the last man, I really pray this guy is the complete opposite. :)

@trooworld Thanks for the insurance info! We are going to do some research and decide if it’s something we should do for our little girl. Thanks for starting a challenge for us! I’m totally down and will post my goals below. Ohhh and I might dance to some Prince myself. :grin:

Hi Team! So the good news is that hubby’s CT scan showed no cancer! But his oncologist is concerned about why Joe is so anemic and has ordered a bone marrow biopsy for next week. He is also referring him to a GI doctor to figure out why he is having so many intestinal issues. Ugghhh!! My sweet Maggie Mae did great with her teeth cleaning but she is still a little loopy this morning and not feeling very well. Poor girl! :/ My weight as you can see above is up again! :s So, our new Fall Challenge is exactly what I need and I’m going all in and vowing a 100% commitment to this challenge. I HAVE got to turn this around and I WILL!!

My Goals:
    1. Minimum 17 hours clean fast
    2. At least 20 minutes of physical activity every day
    3. NO gains on my scale!
    4. EXTRA: Post here every day my daily results
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited August 2022
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 8/21
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 192.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @bethanie0825 – I am so sorry about your deputy’s death. When we had 2 bailiffs shot and killed at our courthouse by an inmate, it affected all of us immensely. So tragic.

@shaunarlr83 – I had not seen that statue before. How beautiful! Your uncle is so talented!

Getting caught up now…so very sorry for not responding directly to everyone. Glad everyone I sent cards to appreciated them :blush: My conference was for work – I attended the Michigan Economic Developers Association annual meeting. The last one held in Detroit was 5 years ago, so it was fantastic seeing all the construction from before come to fruition. Stayed downtown in the Westin Book Cadillac hotel (gorgeous facility) and the green spaces that have been added were simply beautiful! It’s amazing how quiet the streets are there. Not sure how the sound is so buffered, but it is such a stark (wonderful) difference compared to downtown Chicago. On Wednesday, Hunter and I hopped the border and met up with my friend in Windsor, Canada. We hadn’t seen each other in over 17 years! Here’s a picture of us:
    e8fn9a3qqap2.jpg

Of all the vegan restaurants we visited over the course of those 3 days, only 1 was actually healthy food. I’m not really looking forward to my weigh in on Sunday. One positive, though, is all the walking I did plus swimming at the hotel. Those may be my saving grace. I talked to my friend that introduced me to the Healthi app to see which plan she is on (I’ve been on “Curb Cravings”) because I haven’t felt successful in a while. She’s on the plan called “Better Balance”. I read the deets and decided to switch my plan to that one. Refocusing and trying to stay positive!

Fall Challenge – Log consistently and take a daily walk.

Also I’m adding another mantra – 50x50. I want to lose 50 pounds by my 50th Birthday. That gives me 72 weeks to lose 50 pounds. Completely do-able :smile:

2022 Mantra: 50x50 and NO ZERO DAYS!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    PW: 167.4
    CW: 165.8

Step Count update:
    Friday: 13,747
    Saturday: 11,227
    Sunday: 11,119
    Monday: 23,370
    Tuesday: 12,237
    Wednesday: 8,677
    Thursday: 14,605

Hi all! This week was rough. I had an IBS flair up and totally messed with my stomach so I wasn’t able to eat as well as I would have liked but did still get a loss! I did focus though on trying to reach my daily step goal (almost got it). Monday I got a bunch of steps because my husbands work had a picnic day at an amusement park. Everything was free (food, rides and games), super fun! We walked a lot but also ate a bunch of crap (secretly loved it- tho my stomach was super mad)! Been going to Zumba on Tuesday and Thursdays and going into school to set up my classroom. Summer is nearing the end and I’m having mixed feelings. Excited to get back into routine of school but always get nervous with starting with a new group of kiddos and seeing how staffing changes mix things up! Here’s to my last weekend of freedom, hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

@trooworld yay for the fall challenge!
    My goals for now until fall are:
    - Pack my own lunch for school (those Friday French bread pizza’s are sometimes hard to resist when I bring the kids down to lunch)
    - Get 10,000 steps Monday- Friday

Excited to see others goals!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 248
    CW: 247
  • TeresaW1020
    Just a quick update on the fall challenge for today! :)

My Goals:
    Minimum 17 hours clean fast I fasted 17 hrs. 10 minutes. B)
    At least 20 minutes of physical activity every day 60 minute booty program from 80 Day Obession. :#
    NO gains on my scale! Well that was a bust for today! :/
    EXTRA: Post here every day my daily resultsHere I am! B)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @trooworld - I’m so glad today was better!! Your evening plans sound fun!! I’m giving my goals a thought and will post them later!!

@TeresaW1020 - You’re the absolute best!!! 🤩 Thank you! We are all very proud! I hope everything checks out okay with your husband and he gets answers soon. Hope the loopiness leaves your girl soon. Great goals for the rest of summer!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thank you!!! I’m glad you had a good trip and I love that new motto. I’ll be turning 40 on my next birthday, I’m gonna see what cool 40 x 40 thing I can come up with 😂😂😂

@leti126 - love the progress, sorry it came roughly tho! I’ve got to get back on track with my steps!!! You’ve done wonderful! Enjoy your last weekend before school!

@davidji82 and @davors19- great weigh ins!!!

My life is always a roller coaster. 🙃

We unloaded in Montana early yesterday morning with plans to reload in North Dakota today. Stopped along the way and got a room for the night, I thought I was doing one last Beachbody workout before I ended my subscription, it wasn’t something I wanted to give up but also wasn’t something I wanted to pay for. I thought I had set a reminder but I checked my bank account today and they pulled the funds 2 days ago. Hubs told me to just let it be and use it for another year. 😊 Only thing is I don’t have a coach who motivates or inspires me and she hardly ever does workouts or logs in herself so I would like to switch coaches if thats an option. @trooworld that challenge is just what I need to get back into my groove!!!

Today we did attempt to reload. 45 minutes of hard work, dragging everything out, loading and unloading and putting it all back up bc the equipment was much too tall to be moved for the price they wanted to pay. We would have had to buy extra permits and get routed all the way down to near Mexico avoiding bridges. Even if we had taken it I wouldn’t have gotten home. My husband had no other choice, no other loads available, so he took a load that won’t pick up until Sunday and it’s going to Utah. He offered to fly me home but the tickets out of here are over $500 and it just didn’t seem like what I should do. I recently read Steve Harvey’s Jump and the thing that stood out the most was when he said to sit still and wait on God. I’ve been using this in my life. Instead of reacting right a way or overreacting, I just wait. In my waiting we got another hotel room and I noticed they had a gym. I decided to go down there and burns some calories and kill some time instead if getting all sad and depressed that I couldn’t get back for my moms surgery. 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes of total body weights, just as I was walking over to stop the watch and end my workout, my mom messaged. Her surgery was postponed!!! 🙏🏼

Looks like hiking tomorrow and then onto a few more states! 🤩😍 I’ll update with my challenge goals soon!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld Definitely dance to some Prince then, he's always fun! I listened to his “women” this morning for funky Friday, Sheila E and Vanity then threw in Chaka Khan. Glad today is going a little better. People-watching sounds fun! A couple years ago I went through a depressive episode around Christmas and it was next to impossible to get started working out, I began making myself brush my teeth each day and dance to at least one song and it helped a lot, went slow and lasted a bit but I at least felt good about those two things if I did nothing else.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad the CT scan was clear but will be praying for Joe on the biopsy and on the GI issues.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I loved my card, I posted it on my feed, not sure if you saw it but I was so excited as I wasn't expecting it, I love getting personal mail and managed a little skipping on the way back to the house to open it, I don't think I've been that excited since my seeds came. Wow your trip sounds interesting! So glad you were able to meet with your friend, looks like fun!

@leti126 I'm so sorry to hear about the IBS flareup. You definitely did do well despite it. Sounds like all the workouts are paying off too, Zumba is so fun.

@shaunalrl83 I hope you're able to switch coaches, now that you paid for it are you excited about the next year? @TeresaW1020 does Beachbody too, maybe you two can team up on workouts or something? I like that about Steve Harvey's book, I get that was a good one. Sounds to me like you're doing the right things with all that's going on with you, plus working out is a great way to deal with frustration.

@19shmoo69 LOL, great NSV! I know how far away the feet can be and tough to reach!

Hi gang! Had a “fun” day with the fire alarms chirping all day, the cats are pretty upset but it's finally quiet again. It's always stressful because the ones that are super high I can't get to are usually the ones going off (they all have 5 year batteries as of March this year mind you). I worked out this morning then was going to try on leg days only doing one exercise at a time then resting as I end up in a lot of pain after my full workout but the fire alarms meant I had to go get batteries and I didn't want to be home so no squats or lunges today. Nothing new or interesting, have a great Saturday!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Weigh In Day:Saturday
    Starting Weight: 258.5
    PW : 253 lbs
    CW 253 lbs
This discussion has been closed.