What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Starter of griddled romaine drizzled with ranch. Main of pan fried sea bream with roast tomatoes and chickpeas and carrots garnished with toum and fried sage leaves.
    8tac7orcpfoc.jpeg

kpkk9dxlgqi2.jpeg

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited August 2022
    Thursday dinner:
    Two chicken tenders - one pan fried (in shallots and garlic), one baked walnut thyme crusted - over jasmine rice (sauce drizzled over) with a side of baby peas and a few strawberries from my garden.
    q9jfu5ogdieg.jpg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Roasted veg (red onion, red & green peppers, tomatoes) with Moroccan seasoning, buckwheat and green lentils and two sauces - Garlic Yoghurt (homemade Skyr) and Amba sauce.

Amba is a sauce I’d never come across until @springlering62 mentioned a short while ago and I was curious. I didn’t think I liked Mango but I do in this sauce! So easy to make and I think I’ve eaten in every meal since I made it! 😂

jls4jj65tf63.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    qj23hth18e02.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Roasted veg (red onion, red & green peppers, tomatoes) with Moroccan seasoning, buckwheat and green lentils and two sauces - Garlic Yoghurt (homemade Skyr) and Amba sauce.

Amba is a sauce I’d never come across until @springlering62 mentioned a short while ago and I was curious. I didn’t think I liked Mango but I do in this sauce! So easy to make and I think I’ve eaten in every meal since I made it! 😂

jls4jj65tf63.jpeg
    Where did you find the amba!!!!!

And have you tried cooking in a tagine?
  • 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 84 Member
    Madras lentils, a cup of basmati rice, and an overcooked egg. 588 calories! I'm so incredibly full. 20220825_185435.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member

Where did you find the amba!!!!!

And have you tried cooking in a tagine?

@springlering62

I made my own Amba, using a recipe I found on Pinterest after doing a bit of research into the authenticity of all the recipes I found.

https://theeleganteconomist.com/2020/07/24/iraqi-amba/

It reminds me of a very flavourful Coronation Chicken sauce, without the creaminess. So good with all sorts of things!

And no, I don’t own a tagine pot, mainly because that low slow cooking isn’t really great or necessary for vegetables and even if I were to cook meat in one for my husband I don’t allow Lamb anywhere within a mile of me! The smell alone…🤢
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited August 2022
    My client provided Friday lunch: pizza, breadsticks and antipasto salad. I stuck with just the salad and 1/2 a peach I brought with me.
    70al82aucd4j.jpg
  • janicemlove
    6y6df3kkxgkg.jpeg
    Pulled pork sandwich with Mac and cheese and coleslaw sides. Decent for BBQ in Wi.
  • janicemlove
    6y6df3kkxgkg.jpeg
    Pulled pork sandwich with Mac and cheese and coleslaw sides. Decent for BBQ in Wi.
  • janicemlove
    bn4kiu1wjeab.jpegMediterranean bowl.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited August 2022
    dupe
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Air fried green tomatoes, fish (flounder) and tots. Dipping sauce was Primal Kitchen chili lime mayo. I did the coating for fish and tomatoes using gluten free flour, beaten egg and a mix of Ians panko with corn meal and Trader Joes Ajika Georgian seasoning blend as I wanted to add a little spice but not too much. I'm pretty happy with the corn meal addition as it gives everything a little bit of crunch.

I started putting parchment paper in the air fryer pan. It makes cleanup so much easier as the avocado oil I spray on the rack was making the pan into a sticky greasy mess.

7ormdix0pkrv.jpeg

ik6zahtjae2k.jpeg
  • 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 84 Member
    I made the SkinnyTaste tortellini salad last night... I swapped out the dressing for a light Italian bottle dressing that dropped the calories, and I left out tomatoes because I hate them :P Today, I mixed two servings of it with a bunch of spinach, rotisserie chicken, mozzarella and some crispy onion things. I'll be skipping the cheese and onions next time... it has enough going on without them.

0x2f64992opb.png
  • acpgee
    @LazyBlondeChef

My tip for lining the air fryer is the silicon mesh sold for lining BBQ grates to prevent small items like asparagus and prawns from falling through the grates. The sheets can be cut to size with scissors to fit your air fryer basket. Nothing sticks to that stuff. I use the same mesh to line my dehydrator.

One of my favourite air fryer applications is toasted grains to make salads for packed lunches more filling. The air fryer gives cooked grains a fantastic texture that is crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside.
    https://tastecooking.com/best-thing-make-air-fryer-isnt-fried/
    The version I had for lunch today was toasted instant cousous mixed with leftover cooked chickpeas drizzled with olive oil in the air fryer. That was mixed with mustard vinaigrette, raw tomatoes, red onion, pickled carrot and coriander.
    760k4xxu5xqp.jpeg

• acpgee
    Restaurant meal. They specialize in cooking over open fire.
    uucygs8qq9ol.jpeg
    1z6ktyapsk95.jpeg
    7lajgfjlh6bw.jpeg

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Dessert is a meal, right?

8l6bsg4stsjt.jpg

Somewhat lighter (ok, a lot lighter) recipe attempt than what I made last weekend. Lost a lot of the texture, but it was decently good. Vanilla ice cream with Walden Farms caramel on top.