megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Weigh in:

Megnolia82
    Weigh in day: Sunday Aug 28
    Starting weight: 228
    Current weight: 228
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @digger61 @Jactop @leti126 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! WTG!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, my friend has very different taste in movies than me so we often have a hard time finding a movie that suits us both lol. Wow, your booty must be in pain by now! That was a tough decision to change your will, but glad Joe understood.

@happysquidmuffin Great step counts and great goals for the challenge!

@digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda Oh, well thanks @Katmary71! Sorry about that! What kind of healthy snacks are you snacking on lately? I need some new ideas. What is your plan for dealing with your MIL's treats? Your crochet project is beautiful! I love the colors. Those are great goals.

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss, Darren, WTG!

@laurelfit57 Great weigh-in!

@Katmary71 Oh my, that's a long movie! I'm glad you ended up liking it. Yeah, watch parties are fun. I hope you had fun at your brother's.

@megnolia82 Welcome to the team! It sounds like you might have a plan. I wish you good luck on your journey and I'm glad you are here!

Hi all. I had fun hiking with my friend. It was not too hot (we went at 7am) and it was a beautiful walk/hike. We saw a lot of birds and bunnies and had a nice talk. I am sad to be back to work today. Here is a pic from my hike.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I meditated but did not drink enough water.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

z09q8rmxy6aa.jpeg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 8/28
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 194.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @shaunarlr83 – What a fiasco with that load! But God is good! It’s amazing how He works when we get out of his way! Glad you’ll still be able to be there for your mom’s surgery. I love the photo you shared on your timeline – gorgeous view! I’m so jelly! Oh – and that Uber driver story is too scary and hilarious!
    @19shmoo69 – You are killin’ me! I am ROTFLMAO!
    @Katmary71 – Oh my! Chaka Khan is stuck in my head now! Thanks for the fun ear worm! I’m so glad my card made you giddy and that I rank right up there with your seeds :) What’s your Meatless Monday menu today?
    @Cornanda – Glad I can mark you down for #teamtea hahaha And I love your afghan! I received your note in the mail – thank you! You put a smile on my face :) I am all about the fall – my favorite time of the year! Sweater weather, cool hikes, warm bonfires, scary movies…and #teamcider all the way! And no idea on the grandma name yet…
    @megnolia82 – Welcome (back)! I totally understand the ankle issue. I tore my peroneal tendon about 20 years ago and it was misdiagnosed until 2019. Have had 2 surgeries and now dealing with a new bout of PT because of scar tissue pressing on my nerve. Hang in there!
    @Trooworld – That is some serious terrain for your hike! Beautiful! Thank you oodles and bunches for the bookmark and stickers! It was so unexpected and you certainly did brighten my day!
    I gained a smidge this past week, but I know it’s because of all the food I indulged in while in Detroit and Windsor. No regerts :) On track with getting exercise and tracking my food. This week is busy at work with getting caught up on things from last week while I was out, but hopefully it’ll quiet down soon. I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to pick up my weekly produce. Just over $12…man, it sure is a lot cheaper when all the kids are gone! I think my dinner today will be the delicious chickpea tacos again. I just can’t get enough of those…hope my avocado is ready! Stay hydrated, my friends!
    50x50
    NO ZERO DAYS!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Another new member coming your way - welcome @Ftofit !
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 6/17/2022: 219.5
    Beginning Wt for August 217.3
    Check in weight (8/5/2022): 218.3
    Check in weight (8/12/2022):215.7
    Check in weight (8/19/2022):217.2
    Check in weight (8/26/2022):217.7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Cornanda I totally get your mentality on getting back on track because of your vacation and your hubby’s b-day. My only advice is to fight the urge to throw in the towel completely. Treat each meal as its own thing so that you can choose to eat on plan when you are able to. Or when you want to! ;) What a beautiful blanket! I am sure your daughter will love it. :)

@trooworld that is a beautiful pic from your hike. Glad you had fun with your friend. :)

Hi Team! It’s been a good day of hitting my goals and keeping my mind on tomorrow’s weigh-in at TOPS. My sister and I finished our puzzle and we are missing three pieces. We are fairly convinced that the dog got the because my sister is constantly dropping them on the floor. :D

My Goals: Monday, 8/29
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast 17 hrs. 45 min.
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity every day 60 minute leg program
    3. NO gains on the scale! I had a loss
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results check :grin:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @digger61 @Jactop @leti126 way to go team, you did amazing!

@megnolia82 Welcome to Slimpossibles, glad you're back in Fat2Fit! It's my favorite group on MFP by far!

@Cornanda Rewards you can see on the calendar are awesome, that motivates me too.

@trooworld Southern CA seems to have a lot of beautiful places to hike, glad you and your friend had fun. I'm not sure if you were asking me or Lisa about snacks, mine are boring like cheese or fruit but I DID make zucchini bread today and had that after dinner, not that high calorie though sknnytaste has it as 16 servings and I made it 10. I love green beans in the air fryer as a snack.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Today's Meatless Monday was Greek yogurt and fruit salad for breakfast (had half a scoop of protein powder in my coffee and a nutrition drink first thing in the morning), scramble for lunch, then buffalo chickpea salad and a slice of zucchini bread for dinner.

@Ftofit Welcome to the gang!

@TeresaW1020 Oh no, are you going to search the dog's poop for puzzle pieces? I only tried to do a puzzle once since I adopted my cats and it was when my ex-boyfriend and his two cats were here too, you CANNOT leave a puzzle and pieces on the table with 4 cats in the house. Ironically it was a dog puzzle too and there were pieces all over the place!

Hi team! I pulled my shoulder yesterday I'm guessing from holding a stretch for too long so when I woke up I decided to stay in bed and read while I had my coffee and finished my book. I did a modified workout (they're already modified since it's chair cardio but no reaching my arm out to the side) then went to the grocery store. The rest of the day's been mellow, made zucchini bread and have some work to do which I'll probably get out of the way after this. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Goals:
    Ab workout each day
    Meditation for 10 minutes
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Huge NSV for me - instead of raiding the refrigerator for snacks I shouldn't eat, I am satisfied with an evening cup of nutty almond cream herbal tea 😊
    #teamtea
    NO ZERO DAYS
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️ Weigh In Monday ⚖️
    Previous Weight - 196.2
    Current Weight - 197

I’m a bit discouraged to see another gain but not completely surprised. I did so well the first part of this week and then was only focusing on my exercises, not logging food and overeating unhealthy crap. Also didn’t get to use the restroom before weighing and had to weigh fully clothed. Weigh ins just aren’t the same from a truck lol.

Updating my steps… for too many days I slacked horribly. Made up for it yesterday and today lol, can we just go off of average steps instead of daily?! 😂

Sunday 14th - 10,344
    Monday 15th - 10,174
    Tuesday 16th - 3,726
    Wednesday 17th - 8,676
    Thursday 18th - 2,298
    Friday 19th - 5,451
    Saturday 20th - 6,396
    Sunday 21st - 4,198
    Monday 22nd - 8,299
    Tuesday 23rd - 8,336
    Wednesday 24th - 5,004
    Thursday 25th - 9,726
    Friday 26th - 8,602
    Saturday 27th - 7,895
    Sunday 28th - 38,552
    Monday 29th - 13,901
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Hi I am Mishti from New Delhi India.I live with my siblings and parents.I have joined MFP some years ago but I was not very consistent in tracking my calories.After some days I stopped using this app .Now I have again started to track my calories .Well I always love to do physical activities like exercise,dance ,playing sports.But I never pay attention to my eating habits.I love to eat chips and deep fried foods.I dont have any issue with sugary foods because I dont like them much so I always eat them in moderate but i just cant resist the spicy food.I have started MFP again in july 2022 and this time I am determined to use it consistenly and lost some pounds in july and august .Currently my weight is 170 lbs and my goal weight is 110 lb.I am new to this group and dont know much about this.I am looking forward to work with you guys .
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    challenge check in:

Eating on plan and exercise completed for Monday!

@trooworld- no big snack plan. Just trying to choose fruit or carrots over popcorn or crackers. It helps me to keep it cut up and at eye level in the fridge. For my MIL, I will have a small piece once or twice and pass on the rest. It's not super hard because a lot of it is store bought and easier to pass up. Your hike looks lovely!

@shaunarlr83 - it would annoy me to no end to weigh in on different scales in different clothes- keep fighting the good fight!

@TeresaW1020 - Oh that gets my goat when puzzle pieces are missing!

@megnolia82 - your name is cute. Welcome to you and @Ftofit !

@vegan4lyfe2012 - you sound like you are in a happy place right now. :)

@Katmary71 - hope your shoulder feels better quick!

• trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Yes, it was very beautiful and perfect weather! You are totally welcome, I'm glad you liked them! That's great you are back on track. Enjoy your tacos! Great NSV!!!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Good luck at your TOPS weigh-in. That's funny but frustrating about the puzzle.

@Katmary71 Yes, there are a ton of places to hike, I'm very lucky! I'll take suggestions for snacks from anyone :D . Good suggestions, thank you! I'm sorry about your shoulder. Ouch.

@shaunarlr83 The not using the restroom and weighing in fully clothed could have been the gain itself. :) I would totally say going off the average is a good plan and fair!

@Ftofit Hi and welcome, Mishti! It's good to have you here. That's great that you already have physical activities you like. Good luck with your goals! We are having a Fall Challenge if you want to think about joining. It's just declaring a goal or two and reporting if you did or did not do that activity each day here on this thread. It lasts until Sept 22nd. You are welcome to join if you think it would help you!

@Cornanda That's a good plan. I agree about having these things prepared. It's totally helpful! That's great you have a plan in place for MIL. The hike was really enjoyable. :)

Hi all! I'm doing okay, just trying to get through the work week. I didn't track yesterday but went back and tracked today and pre-tracked today's meals. It's so hot here, there is a heat wave coming in today through the weekend. We'll see how hot it gets. :(

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but didn't meditate. I seem to be capable of one or the other lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Huge NSV for me - instead of raiding the refrigerator for snacks I shouldn't eat, I am satisfied with an evening cup of nutty almond cream herbal tea 😊
    #teamtea
    NO ZERO DAYS

Strike this. Reverse it. About an hour later, I was still up. What is wrong with me?!? 1:30am and I made myself a cheeze quesedilla. UGH! Why Why Why?!?
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 140.5
    CW: 139.5

Steps:
    8/27: 14,354
    8/28: 7,205
    8/29: 10,166

Walked last night, ran this morning - new best mile, 10:41!
    Welcome, new peeps! Beautiful blanket! I hate losing puzzle pieces too! It’s ok keep moving forward! Some days you’re just hungry, and that’s ok. Just do better today. Great job, leaderboard achievers!

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 10k+ steps/day weekly avg ✔️
    2. Close exercise ring 5+ days/week (2/5)
    3. 7 days in a row under calorie goal (3/7)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@Katmary71 - Thank you!!! I am excited to get something started and see some real progress. I’m so sorry you were in pain but hope the light day helped you recover.
    @TeresaW1020 - Thanks again for posting that pic!! Love it so!! Please please please give my info to your coach!!! I need the motivation desperately! I hope your booty has recovered!!! 😁
    @trooworld - love the hiking Pic!! 😍 I hope your week is great!
    @megnolia82 - Hi!!! Nice to meet you I’m an ancient MFP member but new to this challenge group!!! Loving all of my new fitnesspals!!!
    @Cornanda - love that blanket!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I love your honesty 😁 I’ve had a few cups of tea this week myself! 😍
    @Ftofit - 🙋🏻‍♀️ hello!!! Glad to have you here! I’ve been struggling to log consistently too. Maybe we can encourage each other!
    @happysquidmuffin - great work your putting in there!

@everyone else great job weighing in!!

I used the word love too much in my recaps 😂

I didn’t get to hike Saturday as I thought, spent the day lounging so that was also good. Thought the hiking plan was thrown out the window and I felt bad Sunday morning, did not help my husband load bc the guys that were there were very slow, I took a nap instead. My husband woke me up a couple hours later and he was parked outside of Theodore Roosevelt National Park!!! This was where I had hoped to hike but the drive was a bit too far from where we stayed the weekend. He stayed in the truck to rest and I hiked into the park 7 miles to a trailhead I had picked out earlier. That trail was almost 5 miles and I had planned on hiking the entire 7 miles back to him but a Buffalo deterred me and made me lose my confidence in hiking out in the dark. I made it a little over 14.5 miles total when he made it into the park to pick me up. Beautiful day!!! I would do it all again right now if I could.

Yesterday we stopped in Belle Fourche, SD for a couple hours so I hiked another 3.5 miles down to the river walk and saw the Center of the Nation monument and the museum they have there. It felt great getting my steps in but I wasn’t focusing on my water and food goals.

Every 1st of the month I have the mindset to strive for a perfect month. That means logging everyday, hitting my water and step goal everyday, and closing all of my watch rings daily for a perfect month achievement award! I have only done this twice in the past 2.5 years of trying. I’m going to give it my all for September!

I didn’t start the fall challenge right away and this will extend past the beginning of fall but it will be my focus!! Additionally I want to start a Beachbody program and use that app at least twice a week. Hike at least once a week. Continue my 100 rep standing push up challenge 3x a week to build towards being able to do actual push-ups and tone my arms!

Thank you all again for being here!!! These updates take a bit of time but they are so helpful and very much needed!!! 🫱🏽💕 Throwing hugs to you all!!! 🥰
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!
    I’m back at work this week after the summer off. That’s bad news for my activity as I’ve had a lot of desk work this week. But great news for my snacking because I can only eat what I take with me so I’m packing loads of fruits and veggies, some tea and my water bottle.

Two days in, so far so good haha. Now to keep up the momentum!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That tea sounds awesome! I'm having tumeric ginger from Trader Joe's right now, it's good but yours sounds better! Oh no, were you feeling stressed when you had the late night snack? I'm either low on protein, eating too little, or something emotional is getting to me that I have to deal with when I feel the pull to the kitchen. Or like @happysquidmuffin said you could just be hungry and need extra calories!

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like you know your areas of trouble, you got this! I had read someone on my feed would weigh before and after going to the bathroom, I actually gained a pound when I tried that once to see if my weigh-in would be less afterward, how in the heck is that even possible?! So sweet of your husband to take you to the park, that's awesome minus the buffalo!

@Ftofit Hi Mishti, beautiful name! I'm glad you're part of our team now. What kind of dance do you like to do? I've actually tried more kinds since I started MFP especially doing YouTube videos at home for workouts, it's a blast. As far as the group you did perfectly, we'll do an introduction post on the new month's thread but aside of that feel free to post as much or as little as you want, we'll always be happy to hear from you.

@Cornanda I didn't catch being around the MIL but I remember she had lots of goodies when you were with her before!

@trooworld Sounds like all of CA is going to be in a heat wave, I was told at the farm earlier it would be 112 Monday but the news tonight said 107 which isn't all that much better but every degree less is good with me!

@magnolia Good luck getting into the swing of things at work, sounds like you're doing awesome prep for healthy snacks and staying hydrated.

Hi team! My shoulder's getting better but isn't all the way there yet, the worst is actually pulling up my pants but gotta do what you gotta do! I did a short workout with no weights and no putting my arm out to the side then went to the food bank farm and bunched two rows of basil. I did the ab workout then decided to not listen to music while watering which feels like meditation to me. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no! That stinks.

@happysquidmuffin Great job! I can't run a mile let alone a mile at 10:41, wow!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! Nothing wrong with a lot of love lol! A Saturday relaxing sounds nice. Wow, I bet that was a nice hike! 14.5 miles is incredible and to see a buffalo too? Magical! And then another hike, great job! You sound energized, woo hoo!

@Katmary71 Oh gosh, that's terrible weather! Ugh I love September but hate the hot weather it brings us. :( I'm glad your shoulder is getting better. That's interesting that watering feels like meditation. Cool.

Hi all. I woke up with the beginning of a headache but maybe I just needed to drink my coffee because my head feels better now that I am drinking coffee.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but didn't meditate.

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Steps 8/30: 12,192

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 10k+ steps/day weekly avg ✔️
    2. Close exercise ring 5+ days/week (2/5)
    3. 7 days in a row under calorie goal (4/7)

I might start posting more frequently; maybe it will help me stay more motivated. We're on a spending freeze... for at least several months. In order to have a completely balanced budget this month, I've got less than $100 to spend on groceries for the entire month of September. We're gonna have some fun being creative and eating through our pantry. There are plenty of packaged and canned foods that are already past or close to their "expiration" date, so it's not a bad thing to do a pantry challenge. But I can tell that emotionally I'm going to be bored/frustrated with it because I LOVE shopping for food.

On the meal-prepping menu: (fresh!) green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes, rice, and probably another pot of pinto or navy beans. Dry beans are so cheap. I have been eating leftover cooked beans a little at a time with bbq sauce and chipotle seasoning. Beans seem to be annoyingly calorie-dense though. I'm worried I'm not going to get through my current batch before the rest goes bad. It's already been almost a week I think. My husband & kids won't help eat them.

What do you like to do with dry (or canned) beans? (Or do you loathe them? Haha)
This discussion has been closed.