Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adventurous This August!!!

14567810»

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    Hey all! I managed to fit in my morning walk, lunch time workout via YouTube and evening Zumba class all three. I feel so much better today with having managed lots of movement yesterday. I walked this morning and will still get my lunch time work out in but have to skip this evening since we have plans.

I'm not going to lie though that I'm struggling a bit this morning. I almost desperately want to eat everything and I don't even know why. For some reason the chips in the pantry are just calling to me. I have plenty of work to keep me busy so I'm trying to focus on that instead of heading over to munch.

I have a new blog post went up with a recipe for Fried Pickle & Ranch Dip. https://pamperedlinny.wixsite.com/coffee-required/post/fried-pickle-and-ranch-dip

I am doing my first weigh in since Aug 2 this weekend. Wish me luck that I haven't put a bunch on. We shall see soon.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    checking in for this week.
    I survived last few shifts, was off yesterday from work and back in here today
    <3 My goal this week is to lose 1-2lbs.
    <3 to get in 3 strength training sessions this week i fell short with only two last week ,but got cardio in
    my meals are prepped and I am still moving slow on my journey but the fact remains i am moving. My goals are set to 1-2lbs because I want to make sure I am making healthy choices , I am actually learning to eat properly and the weight actually stays off.
    Greatness takes time.
    Everyone have a great week.

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    sarah12277 wrote: »
    MFP - Yea the ads are annoying but this site has been the best logger I've found. I don't use the barcode as it seemed to just do the search for me and wasn't always that exact item; so that was useless to me. So I'll be here. I did try Premium when it first started. Wasn't necessary then. Carb cycling I could see it being useful to setup different days but so far the tracking has been fine.

Do you know when they are to make the change. I honestly do okay with logging and checking in with you guys. The support is the best part aside from logging. I am not interested in the Premium i think i am doing just fine with out it.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    sarah12277 wrote: »
    MFP - Yea the ads are annoying but this site has been the best logger I've found. I don't use the barcode as it seemed to just do the search for me and wasn't always that exact item; so that was useless to me. So I'll be here. I did try Premium when it first started. Wasn't necessary then. Carb cycling I could see it being useful to setup different days but so far the tracking has been fine.

Do you know when they are to make the change. I honestly do okay with logging and checking in with you guys. The support is the best part aside from logging. I am not interested in the Premium i think i am doing just fine with out it.

I'm not sure on the barcode scan going to premium. The others that mentioned it's supposed to go to premium will have to answer. I just checked; it's still available to me on my free version. The ads leaving the diary, or backing out of the scan, have already started. The ads on the computer version haven't bothered me as they're just on the side. I don't use the app very much though. Only to do a quick adding a food.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    edited August 2022
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 247 pounds (July 2021)
    Current Weight: 187.1 pounds
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165 pounds
    Pounds Until Goal: 22 pounds
    August Goal Weight: 184 pounds

August 3: 187.1 pounds
    August 10: 186.1 pounds
    August 17: 185.4
    August 24: 186.8
    August 31: 185.8 (-1.0 pounds)

Weekly Goals:
    1. Work out 4 hours a week
    2. At least 1 work out focused on strength
    3. At least 1 work out jogging
    4. At least 1 social event per week
    5. Focus on hobbies 4 hours a week
    6. Eat out 3x a week or less

So, what I thought was TOM last week (I don't typically get a visit from Aunt Flo due to birth control) was actually PMS because my TOM is this week instead. I know, TMI.

Total loss this month: 1.3 pounds

Hey, it's a loss.

Wins: 4 and 6. Had an impromptu board game night Sunday because I baked a cake and realized I shouldn't eat the whole thing by myself or with just my roommate. Ended up splitting it amongst 5 people.

Work ons:
    1, 2, 3, 5. I had a couple of projects at work this week that required extra hours, so I didn't get a good chance to work out a lot this week or focus on hobbies. Mainly work and chores.

As for next month, my weigh in day will be Thursdays, with exception to the 8th. I will weigh on Wednesday that week so I can log it before I leave on my trip. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursdays seem to be the best days for me to weigh since I don't have to worry about eating out sodium from the night before bumping up the scale.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 225.6
    GW for August 220
    UGW 145

8/1: 226.4 lbs
    8/8: 224
    8/15: 223.6
    8/22: 226.2
    8/31: 225.6
    Total month loss: 0.8

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -LOG FOOD!
    -Try out carb cycling

Well officially lost just under the 1 lb. Dinner last night might have been high sodium. Delivery tacos so I don't know which ones were which. Had half and tonight will be the rest.

Last week very sore from the masterclass exercises I tried. This week I'm rather revolting. gym friend canceled yesterday. I expect to go today or tomorrow. The weeds and mowing the grass are the desires to not go; need to do those as a higher priority.

Horror convention is a week from this weekend so I'm trying to think through my foods. I think I should stick with this one smoothie place during the day. Hotel had decent breakfast options. Dinners and what DH will eat is the real question.
  • pamperedlinny
    Happy Wednesday!

Only a few days until I officially weigh in again. I know it's going to be up from where I was 6 weeks ago or so but that's ok. I've been actively working on myself with plenty of ups and downs since 2009 and I know it will be a life long thing. I know my lowest was at the end of 2020 and my second lowest was in January 2012... with my daughter born a year later. I still have never blown up to where I was when I started, not even when I was 9 months pregnant, so I've got a working plan.... just one I slide on every so often and start fresh again.

Tonight I'm planning to make a stir fried noodle dish tonight. I want to put it on my blog in the future if it turns out how I want it to but I'm not sure what to call it. Maybe just call it Stir Fried Noodle???? I swear sometimes naming a dish is as hard as making it up. Either way, I'm looking forward to eating something tasty and Asian inspired without breaking the calorie bank.

It's also been really humid in South Carolina recently. I mean, it's always humid this time of year but I think the air feels "wet" even when it's 6am right now and I'm not a fan. I walked with my neighbor at lunch time today and I came back in looking like I had been swimming. Gross.

Zumba again tomorrow and I love my Zumba days. I just hope it cools down and the humidity goes way down soon so I can schedule a few hikes on Saturday mornings. I really want to hike without feeling like I'm dying out there.

• getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2022
    Better late than never, but I'm glad to be here. I'm Kristi :)

Stats:
    Age 40
    Height 5'5.5
    HW ever: 250+ lbs in 2008/2017/2020
    (I've gained & lost between pregnancies, getting down into the 180's postpartum)

11-4-20 ~ 237 lbs
    HW in August: 232.4
    GW for August: 226
    GW for end of 2022: 205 or less

8/31/22 ~ 227.2
    Weight lost in August: 5.2 lbs

I'm happy with that! I found & charged my fitbit this week, but the screen went out & I can only access data through the app on my phone. It is also synced to MFP and tracks my steps on here. I'll keep doing that until I upgrade. I have a Charge 3, which I love. I ran over my first one and opted not to upgrade bc I enjoyed it so much, so I got the same version. If they hadn't stopped making that one, I'd get it again. The 4 & 5 look like they added unnecessary apps to the watch, took away the side button, and the battery drains faster. I hate that. This makes it seem like the opposite of an upgrade. Oh, well, maybe I'll get used to it. I do like the way the Charge is small and lightweight. I can hardly tell I'm wearing it. Any other suggestions on a Fitbit?

Good job everyone for all your efforts this month! I'm looking forward to September! 🍂🍁
  • pamperedlinny
    [/quote]
    I'm happy with that! I found & charged my fitbit this week, but the screen went out & I can only access data through the app on my phone. It is also synced to MFP and tracks my steps on here. I'll keep doing that until I upgrade. I have a Charge 3, which I love. I ran over my first one and opted not to upgrade bc I enjoyed it so much, so I got the same version. If they hadn't stopped making that one, I'd get it again. The 4 & 5 look like they added unnecessary apps to the watch, took away the side button, and the battery drains faster. I hate that. This makes it seem like the opposite of an upgrade. Oh, well, maybe I'll get used to it. I do like the way the Charge is small and lightweight. I can hardly tell I'm wearing it. Any other suggestions on a Fitbit?
    [/quote]

I have the Versa 2 only because my friend upgraded and gave me her old one. I do like that I can do tap to pay on it but truthfully I think that's the only "smart watch" thing I use on it. Prior to that I had the Charge 3 and also loved it. My daughter uses the Ace 3 and, truthfully, if I just wanted a tracker with watch I would get that one. It's a lot smaller, fits the Inspire 2 bands and has cool screens where the more you move the stuff on your watch home screen does stuff.... like the flower grows or the minion dances, etc. Plus they are so much cheaper than the big fancy versions.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 350 Member
    💜💜💜Hello, Ladies!💜💜💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum:

🍁Women 200lb+, Let's Be Sensational This September!!!🍁

Hope to see you there!

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 245.6 current scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Next Goal weight: 220 (how much I got down to the last time I lost a significant amount on MFP)
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    Aug GW: Get to low 240s or into the 230s and stay in them (no highs in the 250s)

I post weigh- in when I lose. However this time I am posting since it is the last day of the month.
    7/2: 248.8
    7/29 246.4
    8/1: 245.6
    8/3: 244.4
    8/31: 244.6 I am back down from the trip.

August loss is 2 pounds but I met my goal of getting into the low 240s (just barely) and I stayed completely out of the 250s even after that trip with Hawaiian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and my BILs bbqing and no logging. I was right it didn’t take much to lose the trip weight but no time to keep going with this month at end. However I like the trajectory that my weight loss app shows on my phone.

🌻 AUGUST GOALS! 🌻
    🟨 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet
    🟨 Keep making progress with walking longer and walk 6 days a week
    🟨 Add strength training (weights, body weight and stretching)
    🟨 plan and cook healthy meals at home
    🟨 Eat at a sensible deficit

I had a job interview while in Hawaii and one the morning after I got back. I had one yesterday too. I really don’t want to do anymore except for the job where I used to work although I generally don’t mind them. There have been too many. They are doing a background check on the position where I did 2 interviews and the reference check phase went well. However I found out my last boss has left for another job and I had to hunt him down. It was nice talking to him and we exchanged personal contacts because we didn’t want to lose contact regardless of professional reasons. My husband, youngest and I are going out tonight because we suspect I will be getting an offer finally this week. This is a restaurant that is really hard to get reservations for so I am looking forward to it.

I need to get back to my routine after this trip. Walking and food planning are the priority. My youngest isn’t supposed to eat out or take out and with the trip that was hard to avoid. What I have been doing that is healthy is catching up on medical/dental appointments that I started to do before we found the breast cancer last summer. I have another dental appointment and need to make an appointment for a dermatologist that I was referred to and then I will do my mammogram. Then I will be done with that and not such a bad idea assuming I will be going back to work soon. City jobs take a while to get but that is my goal.

So I have been thinking about my priorities for my last few weeks before starting back fulltime soon. If not now then probably in a few months. I need some time where I don’t have to do “job search activities”. I want to mostly focus on healthy home cooked meals and exercise. However I want to get the house and my clothes organized. My youngest has buried the way to my studio/home office so they will have to pitch in on that.

@Crazygraciegirl_ Nice progress those photos show.
    @getfitformeee That is a wise way to start to get a read on your intake by logging and focusing on NEAT 1st. I sort of wish I did that. I am having a hard time with upping NEAT. Maybe I should have a NEAT week. I am thinking of trying my fitbit smart watch again. It was giving me a rash but my SIL gave me some tips she uses for avoiding that. I loved it and miss it.

@finngirl61 we miss you too when you aren’t here. I can’t talk I was MIA while we were in Hawaii for the funeral (my MIL). I think it will take a while for you to deal with grief of you husband. However taking care of yourself and friends should help. Great job losing.

@pamperedlinney glad you have found a great group of friends. I am trying to get back to my routine too of exercise and making healthy meals at home. Haven’t even complexly unpacked yet! Your post is just the type of thing my youngest would love and can’t eat anymore. My favorite Asian noodle dish now is Hawaiian Chicken long rice. It uses bean threads. So good but low carb. Everyone has their favorite ingredients. My husband will miss the way his Momm made Hong Kong style chow mein. I remember lean cuisine had a dish they called chow mein but it had rice and no noodles in it. Mein is Chinese for noodles. Chow is fried or stir fry.

@sargemarcori yes losing 45 lbs is huge. You are at the weight were I got to the last time I lost significant weight and then went back to work full time and gained it back. I am half way there. That is my net watershed weight I want to reach.

@ktilton70130 eating properly is top priority and you are exercising too so you will do well
    @kenziestabes love the impromptu board game night to share a cake

@sarah12277 I couldn’t control what the menu was on my trip just the amounts. You are doing well to think ahead. I too am sticking with MFP not even considering this thread which is huge. I do not trust weight loss schemes that cost money so won’t do premium.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Help- can't find the September group. Is there a link? I don't see a forum
    for 'motivation and support'
  • pamperedlinny
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    Help- can't find the September group. Is there a link? I don't see a forum
    for 'motivation and support'

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47005365#Comment_47005365