Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 Uhhhh no searching dog poop for missing pieces! :s Sorry, you pulled your shoulder.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good for you for making wiser choices instead of eating snacks you shouldn’t. :)

@shaunarlr83 I have sent you a private message with my coach's info. :)

Hi Team! I have spent most of the morning and early afternoon on the computer working on budget stuff for the church and my brain is fried! So, I will make this quick. I lost 2 lbs. at TOPS which is good, but I did gain 2 1/2 the previous week...soooo! :/ I’m hoping for a loss this Friday when I post here. Tomorrow is my husband’s bone marrow biopsy. I appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you can throw our way. I would love for the doctor to figure out why he is so anemic and constantly exhausted. OK, I’m going to make a cup of coffee and give my fingers a rest from typing! :)

My Goals: [/]Tuesday, 8/30
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast I did 25 hrs. :grin:
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity, every day Took the day off
    3. NO gains on the scale! I had a loss
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results checking in today!

My Goals: [/]Wed. 8/31
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast I did 14 hrs. because I was HUNGRY!!
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity every day 45 minute cardio core program
    3. NO gains on the scale! I had a loss
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results Check!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited August 2022
    @TeresaW1020 – I can totally see Maggie Mae sitting around the corner spying on you two doing the puzzle…just waiting for her opportunity to snatch a piece! Prayers for Joe going up, too.
    @Katmary71 – Yum! Can I sucker you into revealing your Buffalo Chickpea Salad recipe? I think I just stayed up way too late that night and was hungry. If I had made myself go to bed (and stay there), then maybe I would’ve fallen asleep and slept through the hunger. How’s your shoulder?
    @Ftofit – Welcome! Any favorite SPICY vegetarian recipes you’d like to share? I love all things spicy!
    @trooworld @Katmary71 and any other West Coast U.S. peeps – please be safe with the heat wave!
    @shaunarlr83 – Your hike sounds AH-mazing! I wish I had the confidence to hike alone. There are a couple State parks by me and I love to hike the dunes and back trails. My daughter and I would go quite often. Now that I’m alone, I’m kind of scared to. Probably because I watch too many horror movies. There was one instance where a woman was attacked on a trail, so that freaks me out. I’m thinking I need some pepper spray.
    @happysquidmuffin – I’m going to find some of my favorite bean recipes for you. I love beans and I eat them every single day!
    @FushiaKat – Your Sand Castle is awesome! Congrats on first place! And I agree with your shrink. Starts with one little thing and snowballs so fast.
    I watched a Live on Facebook yesterday in the Healthi group. It was about memories and how we can use them to spark motivation. He said to think back to a positive memory regarding weight and how it felt. Very motivating. He also discussed something I’m already aware of…planning. I need to start planning my meals and having the “bites” figured out ahead of time for things that I eat on a regular basis so I can quickly determine if it will fit my day. Makes me even more determined to get this weight off. I was so happy the last time when I lost 60#. I felt so much better, had so much more energy, smiled more… I want those feelings back. Onwards and upwards to get this 50# off!
    Breakfast was a banana and 2 cups of chai with a dash of soy milk for protein. Lunch was zoodles with tvp sauce. Dinner was air fried tofu, mashed taters and green beans. Feeling fantastic! P.S. I tried air frying frozen broccoli. Ended up in the trash. Please…just don’t :smiley:
    Fall Challenge Check-In: Yesterday gets 2 thumbs up. Today I logged, but didn’t get a walk in since I had physical therapy and they did a laser treatment on my foot. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! (The doctor told me to take it easy today to see how my foot responds.)
    50x50 & NO ZERO DAYS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @happysquidmuffin – Here are some to get you started :)

COWBOY CAVIAR
    Into a large mixing bowl:
    • 2 cups cooked black beans
    • 1 can white sweet corn, drained
    • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
    • 2 avocados, diced
    • 1 bunch green onions, tops only, chopped
    Vinaigrette:
    • ¼ cup Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
    • 1 tsp garlic powder
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp pepper
    Whisk vinaigrette together, pour over veggies and stir to combine.

DEVILISH CHICK SPREAD
    • 3 cups cooked chickpeas
    • 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
    • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
    • 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
    • Season Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    • 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
    Combine everything except chives in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is nicely melded, but don’t puree—leave a little texture. Stir in the chives. Serve on lettuce, crackers, bread, etc. It is reminiscent of deviled eggs.

THREE BEAN SALAD
    • 2 cups cooked kidney beans
    • 2 cups cooked chickpeas
    • 16 oz frozen green beans, steamed
    • 1/2 white onion, finely diced
    • 1 bell pepper, finely diced (green, yellow or orange)
    Dressing:
    • 2 T olive oil
    • 2 T apple cider vinegar
    • 1 tsp dried parsley
    • salt & pepper to taste
    Mix dressing, stir in beans, onion and bell pepper and let marinate for at least 2 hours.

TANGY LENTIL SOUP
    • 1 T Better than Bullion Vegetable Base
    • 1 medium onion, diced
    • 2 stalks celery, diced
    • 2 carrots, diced
    • 3 T tomato paste
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 6 cups water
    • 1 ½ cups dried lentils
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 1 T dried parsley
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp black pepper
    • 2 T Dijon mustard
    Preparation
    Heat and blend the Better than Bullion base with ¼ cup water in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion, celery, and carrots; saute for 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste and minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add water, lentils, bay leaves, parsley, salt and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer mixture for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, discard the bay leaves and stir in Dijon mustard.

2-2-1 Lentil Salad
    Vinaigrette:
    • 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
    • 2 T. Dijon
    • 1 T. Agave
    • ½ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
    • fresh ground black pepper to taste
    Whisk everything together.
    Salad:
    • 2 cups cooked lentils, drained
    • 1 small red onion, diced
    • 1 roma tomato, diced
    • 1 small green bell pepper, diced
    • 10 fresh basil leaves, stems removed, chiffonade cut
    Stir everything together and enjoy!

GRANDPA RV’S GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
    Ingredients:
    • 1 pound Great Northern beans
    • 1 large diced onion
    • 2 sliced celery stalks
    • 3 sliced carrots
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 6 T McKay’s vegan chicken seasoning (bullion substitute)
    • 1 T liquid Hickory smoke
    • Salt & Pepper to taste (when serving)
    Directions:
    Soak the Great Northern beans overnight, rinse them, then put in a 4-qt slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Heat water to a boil in a tea kettle on the stove and pour it over everything, filling to the top of the cooker. Set it on low for about 9 hours. Salt & Pepper to taste.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi MS... You have a new member who requested your amazing team joining you soon ... Please welcome @Tamevv :)
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m Tam, live in sunny Tasmania (Australia). 43 yrs, husband, 3 kids just entering teenager-hood and a dog 😊. Ive struggled with weight my whole life, with many ups and downs. Lowest was just before my wedding but I was not healthy mentally or physically. Healthiest weight i remember was around 70kgs so that is where I’m aiming now. This week I’m blitzing it with exercise but eating is letting me down. I do really well with actual meals but snacking and emotional urges are my weak points. Hoping specific challenges and accountability here will keep me focused. Don’t have specific goals set yet, but tracking and getting my snacking under control are front and center for now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @happysquidmuffin I actually love beans except for the gas! I was trying to go more vegetarian and doing a lot of whole-food plant-based meals and kept reading your digestive system would adapt and you wouldn't have gas but that never happened. When my ex-boyfriend lived here I stopped eating them as much and that was almost 2 years of eating them waiting to adjust. I love bean soup, chili, refried beans, split pea soup, etc. The Instant Pot makes then fast to cook as well. Anyhow I stick to smaller servings and when no one else is around, hope that's not TMI! I was making refried beans with black beans and loved it over grains after the food bank farm when I'd come home starving.

@TeresaW1020 So you're still going down from the previous week, that's a win to me! Prayers for your husband tomorrow, I'll be sending healing thoughts his way.

@FushiaKat Your sand castle room is awesome, congratulations!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Here's the Buffalo Chickpea Salad, I didn't have blue cheese so I just skipped cheese: https://www.skinnytaste.com/buffalo-chickpea-salad/ It wasn't bad but I probably wouldn't make it again.

@Tamevv Welcome to Slimpossibles Tam! We're currently doing fall goals in this group if you'd like to come up with some, we just started it this week and I'm honestly counting tomorrow as the go date though I'm doing half of it now. There's also group challenges with the whole Fat2Fit group posted you can do.

Hey team! I'm in a flare up now so I did a modified workout and have been taking it easy. Had to do some cleaning as I'm having company this weekend but other than that it's been a little work and resting. I have my oral surgery check-up, grocery shopping, and the community charity meeting tomorrow night at the farmer's market so may not make it on. Have a great Thursday! Oh I did my meditation but didn't do any strength training, need to lay off for a few days of anything with weights or anything that puts pressure on the upper body.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 THANK YOU so much for the recipes!
    @FushiaKat that sandcastle room is so cool!
    Hi, Tam! Sorry about the flare up, Kat. Prayers for your husband, Teresa.
    Good night, everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @FushiaKat - your room is amazing! So much detail.

Just popping in to say I've met my challenge goals every day this week!

Lisa
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 139.0
    CW:138.6
    A very jumbled big take to some posts that stuck:
    -Beans: either soak them overnight and throw the water, or after 1 minute of boiling, drain it and add fresh water, or both. Not a gas cure, just diminishing the effects 😁.
    -If in need of a hiking partner: Meetup is really good for a variety of activities
    -Shoulder issue: I hope is not frozen shoulder, that is soooo painful
    -Pets that steal and eat what they are not supposed to- my sympathy as we just had an expensive and scary vet visit for a truly disgusting dog “dinner”

Hugs to all that push “it” uphill and congratulations to all that are in the zone!

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Happy September!

@cornanda bravo! I need to set some goals I guess!

@Tamevv welcome :) I just joined a couple day ago. Let’s go!

@vegan4lyfe2012 thank you for those amazing bean recipes! My 7 year old is really into beans so it will be great to try some new things :)

@katmary71 hope you’re feeling better quickly. Take care of yourself. I hope your appointment and the cleaning are both good today!

@TeresaW1020 thinking of you and your husband. I hope you get some answers and s plan to help him get feeling better.

@fushiakat congratulations on your wins! Your build looks incredible! Your post about the way we slip slowly back into bad habits was spot on. I have made those mistakes over and over.

Have a fantastic day, everyone! I’m going to think up some goals for September and let you know later.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @happysquidmuffin Oh I feel you on the spending freeze. I'm on a strict budget trying not to use credit cards myself. I have a lot of stuff in the freezer I need to plan from. Shopping for food is fun for me, too. Good luck with your freeze! Here are some of my favorite bean recipes, if you ever need a recipe, I've got 7,207 recipes saved!!!:
    Vegetarian Chile Verde with Garbanzo Beans - https://naturallyella.com/vegetarian-chile-verde/
    Vegan Curry-Spiced Sweet Potato & Wild Rice Burgers - http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/10/vegan-curry-spiced-sweet-potato-wild-rice-burgers/
    Super Green Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Salad with Crispy Chickpeas - https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/super-green-sun-dried-tomato-herb-salad/
    Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries + Lemon - http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/10/smashed-chickpea-avocado-salad-sandwich-with-cranberries-lemon/
    Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili - https://www.budgetbytes.com/slow-cooker-vegetarian-lentil-chili/
    Potato + smoky chickpea bowls - https://www.ohladycakes.com/blog/potato-smoky-chickpea-bowls
    Pinquito Bean and Quinoa Taco Filling - http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2015/02/pinquito-bean-and-quinoa-taco-filling.html
    Healthy Kale and Quinoa Minestrone Soup - https://www.cookingclassy.com/kale-quinoa-minestrone-vegan-gluten-free/
    Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt {vegan, gluten-free & healthy} - https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/flourless-chocolate-chip-chickpea-blondies-with-sea-salt-vegan-gluten-free-healthy/

@TeresaW1020 Yay for the 2 lb loss! I'm sending good thoughts your way that the biopsy went well.

@FushiaKat Great weigh-in! I hope the new medication helps. Congrats on your first-place win on your San Castle room, WTG!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! I am planning on rolling the portable AC unit into the living room for the day. Sounds like a good Live session. Your food sounds delicious! I love air-fried tofu. Good job on the challenge!

@Tamevv Welcome to the team! I'm so glad you joined! This group is full of supportive ideas, I'm sure it's going to help with the snacking!

@Katmary71 I'm sorry about the flare-up. I hope it goes away soon.

@Cornanda WTG!

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! Oh dear about the vet visit!

Hi all. My headache turned into a full-blown migraine which was very painful. I took medication and it took it away but left me nauseous. I hope everyone is having a good week.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

fl152m7c79ke.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @Tamevv – Welcome aboard! Funny story for you. I was scrolling thru Instagram one day and came across a post with beautiful scenery photos. I looked at the location and thought to myself what a pretty place. Then I looked at the name and thought Tas-muh-nee-ya, what a pretty name. I seriously looked it up on google maps before realizing it was Taz-may-nee-uh! My kids laughed at me for days!
    @Katmary71 – Thanks for the link… and the warning :)
    @happysquidmuffin – You are welcome! Those are all recipes that are in my regular rotation. And be forewarned…that Cowboy Caviar is addictive!
    @Cornanda – Woot Woot! Nice job meeting your challenge goals!
    @GabiV125 – Thanks for the Meetup suggestion! Hadn’t even thought of anything like that.
    @megnolia82 – You are quite welcome, too :)
    @trooworld – Thanks for all the recipe links! Yum!!! Sad face, tho. The Potato Smoky Chickpea bowls are log-in protected. Can you possibly share the spices used? And I’m totally making the chickpea avocado salad for tomorrow's lunch…I have an avocado just about ready with nothing specific planned for it. Sounds scrumdiddlyumptious! You have my tummy growling and it’s not even 9am here yet!
    Alright, my little peeps! Trying to set myself up for success one day at a time. It's tough when I’m in the office. I brought my banana for breakfast and my leftover dinner (tofu, green beans, taters) for lunch. Have some grape tomatoes for an afternoon snack. That is going to be the most difficult time...3pm is when I start craving something salty and crunchy. Planning in my head that I will need a grain at dinner, so I’m thinking Spanish Rice & Beans. Just have to pop some red beans in the Instant Pot as soon as I get home. It’ll take about 90 minutes from start to finish for the meal, so I’ll keep my mind off snacking while everything cooks by popping into the craft room. I have several cards I want to make. I’m behind on a few Birthdays (oops!) :)
    I wish I had some gold star nugget of wisdom for everyone today, but alas, I do not. So we’ll end with a funny:
    atei7mzok3xs.jpg

50x50 & NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Weigh in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 194.2

Steps
    Aug 26- 10888
    27 - 11953
    28 - 11375
    29 - 8979
    30 - 8964
    31 - 12968
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    I want to thank you all for the bean recipes. I'm not sure if my family will be as thankful later on so I'll go ahead and share their thanks now.
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    @Katmary71 i like all kind of dance .i usually dance freestyle .it helps me to reduce stress.

@vegan4lyfe2012 i love to eat spicy foxnut.To make this take some oil in a pan then add a bowl of foxnut .add rock salt and black pepper as per your taste and roast it until it become crunchy.it is a good tea time snack and a good alternative to chips .i m vegetarian too.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Quick check-in because it's been a day and my brain is fried! :s

My Goals: [/]Thur, 9/1
    1. Minimum 17 hour clean fast I did 20 hrs.
    2. At least 20 min. of physical activity every day 50 min. 80 DO, booty
    3. NO gains on the scale! I had a small gain. :/
    4. EXTRA: Post my daily results Check!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @Cornanda Way to go on meeting all your challenge goals, woot woot!

@GabiV125 It doesn't seem to be frozen shoulder, I actually had it in the other shoulder and it never went completely away. I do soak and toss water, I'll have to try the one minute boiling, thank you!

@megnolia82 You have a wonderful day too, thank you!

@trooworld Wow all of your recipes sound awesome, I'm going to respond to everyone then come back and save all those! I hope you feel better, glad the medication helped but being nauseous isn't fun.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Smart idea to go in the craft room while everything's cooking, I'll go to my room just because being near the kitchen is hard sometimes. Spanish rice and beans sounds delicious!

@Jactop Nice stepping there!

@19shmoo69 Just remind them of how good fiber is for the digestive system!

Hi team! Still doing about the same, oral surgery check-up went well and he's thinking I won't need the second graft which I can't afford anyway so that's a relief! Got my shopping done then took care of things around here and rushed to the farmer's market for a charity meeting with the community and I'm the only one that showed up, I checked my email and it was canceled an hour before which is so darned annoying. If I wasn't rushing to water and do everything I normally do when the meeting was going on I would've seen it, I was feeling so bad I didn't want to go but put on my micro current machine and toughed it out. Anyhow, tomorrow's a hair appointment then Bill should be here after dinner, doubt we'll do anything tomorrow night since he's working all day but Saturday we have the food bank farm and then the farmer's market and an event at a new age shop we may check out in Folsom. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I want to thank you all for the bean recipes. I'm not sure if my family will be as thankful later on so I'll go ahead and share their thanks now.

Poor fam! 😂😂😂

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I’m so excited for this new month!!! I’m always so motivated and didn’t mess up my perfect month goal on day 1 like I did last month!! 😰😂

We’ve been hopping back and forth between oil fields across this country moving different pieces of equipment, already completed 2, in the middle of the 3rd, and have two more booked before we will go home probably Sept. 10th or 11th!

I got to see a bear in the wild today!!😍 not hiking though just driving…I did get to hike later. 2 miles at Curecanti National Recreational Area!! I get a bit nervous hiking alone at certain times but I just tell myself the exhilaration adds to the experience 😂 I have had several different types of protection but have never had to use any 🙏🏼 These days you can get hurt doing nearly any everyday action, even walking into a store or heck driving anywhere!!! So I just say a prayer of protection and thank God for the beautiful world he created, the chance and ability to explore it, and ask that He keep me safe!! So far He’s never failed me 😁😉🤗

I’m so excited to have a new motivating Beachbody coach!! Thanks again @TeresaW1020!!!

❇️Specific goals for this month are….

❇️Log all food, be under MFP calorie goal daily! ✅

❇️Try my best to fast a minimum of 15 hours (a bit tricky switching time zones as frequently as we do) ✅

❇️Drink 14 cups of water ✅

❇️Burn minimum 600 calories (my September watch goal has me trying for a total of 23,600 calories, this is an average of 787 each day) ✅ over 900

❇️Exercise minimum 30 mins. daily even if it’s just a slow easy walk! ✅ 126 mins

❇️Hit 10,000 steps everyday! ✅ over 11,000

❇️ 1 Hike a week ✅ 2 miles
    2 Beachbody workouts
    3x a week - 100 reps of standing push ups
    and squats

This discussion has been closed.