Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited October 2022 in Social Groups
xff5hqb57nx9.png
Here is your Team chat room for September 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open! let your Captains know if you are interested :smiley:
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The September challenge runs from September 4th - October 1st. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Hi! I’m Alicia / HappySquidMuffin, 35yo wife & mother of a 3 & a 4 year old. I live in Idaho and like to run, walk, light strength training, and am trying to reach the low 130’s before we go on our first ever cruise in late February 2023. I eat mostly fruits & vegetables, lots of eggs, meat infrequently, and some kind of sugary “junk food” pretty much every day. Used to be around 170, now hovering around 139-140. Starting September at 139 (previous weigh in at 139.5) and goal is 136!
    “Eat real food, not too much, mostly plants. And MOVE!”
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Weigh in day :Friday
    PW: 78.8
    CW: 78.4

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the welcome messages. Feeling a bit flat today but did my exercise this morning and about to take son out for some errends - hoping that might shake my mood.

Have decided my weekly goals for Sept will be:

- Exercise 30mins every day.
    - Come under calorie goal at least 3 times per week.
    - Do at least one step class per week.
    - Have a weight loss each week.

@happysquidmuffin. Hello 👋. I was happy to see your comment today - I’m just under 173 pounds now and would be really happy to get to where you are. I’m doing really well with exercise (which I mostly enjoy) and planned meals are usually fine - I love salads and veggies - but I have a serious sweet tooth and fail at curbing emotional and other urges. We are going away next month so I’m really hoping I can find the self-discipline to keep myself in check.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Hi Slimpossibles, happy September! I'm Kathy, the team motivator, I've been a member of Slimpossibles for about three-and-a-half years. I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area in California with my two cats. I do some part-time work for my brother, volunteer at the food bank farm, and I'm on the board of a local charity in town. I've been disabled and coping with multiple pain issues most my life like failed back surgery, nerve damage, and CRPS. I've managed to get some chronic issues like diabetes and liver issues under control with losing weight, diet, and exercise. I love reading, watching movies, and gardening. I'm close with my family and see my brother's family and my parents often. I usually work out daily, mostly chair cardio, strength training, stretching, and gardening. Let's have a great month!

- probably will be sparse this weekend. Oh tomorrow is cinema day and many theaters will only be $3, I got tickets to see Top Gun Maverick tomorrow, I was hoping to see it in the theater so this is perfect!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

Hi my name is Shauna I am 39 years old and now the mother of two adult kids. The past two years of getting them graduated from high school took a major toll on me emotionally and physically. I’ve spent this whole summer trying to get back in the mindset of focusing on myself, now I’m happy to say I think I am finally there and I’m building up all of the habits I need to put everything into motion and see the scale drop this month.

@happysquidmuffin- I’ve never been on a cruise either. I always thought I would enjoy going with my daughter, I don’t think it’s something my husband would find very fun. I hope you have a great time and hit your goal weight before you leave!!! You’re so close!!!

@Tamevv-great job getting that scale moving and doing that workout early!!! I hope your day got better and love the goals!!! ♥️

@Katmart71- the best advice I got before going to watch it was to refresh your memory and watch the old one first!!! It was really good. I have heard a lot about the farmers market in your area. Usually when I am with my husband we are almost always in California. It just hasn’t been that way here lately it seems. Maybe this fall I’ll get back out that way!!!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I was in such a high from a great first day yesterday, our week was perfectly planned out, we were tired but working hard and making great money, then just before we unloaded he got a call that the reload was cancelled. There was no point in keeping the next load we had booked because we wouldn’t be in the area. It’s a holiday weekend and no other loads available so we’re going home. It’s a bit odd to say, I don’t want to go. August started off with a bang in nearly getting divorced and for months prior to that our home life wasn’t the best. We’ve been in a (mostly) happy little bubble here in this truck for much of the past month and I’m just worried old issues will rise once we’re back home and I know I can’t leave on another long trip for the next few weeks.

On the plus side, I was mentally prepared to struggle through hitting all of my goals out on the road and now it will be so much easier to do at home! I’ve missed my kids and my gym and my bed and my own bathroom lol! I’m actually really ready to go home and clean. So weird I know. Who would ever think one thing they miss when being gone from home is the cleaning.😂

I was so sleepy earlier in the day and my mood completely drained after finding out all of our plans were cancelled but we drove an hour or so after unloading and in that time I was able to focus on the positives. We stopped at a nice new, pretty much vacant truckstop in the middle of no where Texas and I got to do the first workout of a new Beachbody program. Our coach posts a daily challenge on Facebook for each day of the month and I missed yesterdays so I doubled up and did both today. Then walked leisurely for 2 miles to ensure I hit my step goal! I hit all of my other daily goals also aside from fasting. I ate super late last night and couldn’t wait the full 15 hours before eating this morning. Hopefully this will be easier at home too! Now I’m wide awake I’m excited to get home and get cleaning tomorrow and do a final cutting on my yard so I can get fall decorations put out early this year! I’m also excited for my Monday weigh in AT HOME!!! 🥳😄
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @19shmoo69 - And you're successful in your efforts

@Tamevv - Step class? I love step! Do you do it at home or an outside class? I do it at home and C Dorner fitness has lots of live and prerecorded workouts on Youtube- free. Step, other cardio and strength. She's fun. Check it out!

Lisa
  • Tamevv
    @cornanda - I use Cdorner as well! I really enjoy them - she makes me smile 😊. I’ve only been properly back into it for a month or so, but am able to choose what kind of workout now based on how I’m feeling and how hard I want to work. Did an Ab and core session once and it killed me! Now I just do abs in my own time 😊.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @happysquidmuffin I'm so glad you liked the recipe! I love it, too. That must have been good with the pinto/navy beans, probably a smoother texture. You had 5 days of being under your calories, that is awesome! Lasta night was a blip in your journey. And you stopped, well done!

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss! I hope the exercise helps, sorry you are feeling flat. Great goals for September!

@shaunarlr83 Bummer that the reload was canceled. Does that happen a lot? I hope going home isn't going to bring up the issues you had trouble with. I love how you make the effort, and do, workouts on the road! You really show us it is possible to exercise away from home. WTG!

Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am on WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and I track all of my food and activity in the WW app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. I've also recently started using our Tonal (www.tonal.com) and I love that. I need to get back to it, I haven't used it in a couple of weeks. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!

SATURDAY CHECK-IN: I am glad I lost the 2 lbs I lost this week. I was really discouraged after the gain last week. I have a busy day today: groceries and then celebrating my SIL's birthday with homemade chocolate cake and Chinese food from takeout. We are supposed to go over there at 2, I hate when they want to do a late lunch. If I don't have a snack, I will be ravenous by then. I suppose I should plan a snack. It was so hot here yesterday and there was a Flex Alert, which is when they discourage you from using a lot of power (e.g. AC units) from 4-9 to prevent blackouts from too many people using electricity. After dinner, we decided to go for a walk in a trendy area of town. EVERYONE was out walking around because of the heat. It was kind of nice! I set myself up to avoid ice cream: I froze some grapes. I intend on reaching for them instead of ice cream.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi team, I have enjoyed your support for more than a year. I am in a season right now when I cannot commit to the weekly weigh ins. I would like to move to the Support Team indefinitely and hope to return if things settle down.
    Thanks!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    It won't let me share a photo. This app....
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The Sept Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Sept 4th. Please join us for Jump Into Fall as we try a choice of mini-challenges designed to motivate us as we transition into the Fall Season. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873067/september-week-1-group-challenge-jump-into-fall#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Tamevv
    Hi all, checking in. Did my 30 mins already this morning and came under calorie goal yesterday - first time in quite a while so am proud of myself. Also made good choices for breakfast after creating a pancake buffet with all the trimmings for everyone else (Fathers Day here). It was still almost double my usual breakfast calories so I’ll have to be careful, but am pleased with my effort.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hello, and happy September!

My name is Meg and I’m a 1982 baby, which means I am 40! Hard to believe ;) I live in Southern Ontario and have 2 kids, 11 and 7.
    I joined mfp 10 years ago and I weighed 178 pounds after my daughter was born. Over the years I had ups and downs. My lowest was 160, my highest was this past Sunday, 228 pounds. I basically ate my way through all of life’s stresses over the past few years and developed some really bad habits. Working from home with two kids trying to do online school was just the last straw and I put on at least 40 pounds since the start of covid.

I could list 50 ways I feel uncomfortable due to my weight. It’s time to ditch the excuses and get myself back on track. I know that counting calories works and I’m ready to be accountable.

September goals;
    10,000 steps daily
    End the month below 220 pounds.
    Take a walk outside daily for at least 20 minutes.

Here’s to an amazing month everyone!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Sunday
    P. W. 276
    C. W. 276
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Megnolia82
    Weigh in: Sunday. Week 1

SW: 228
    PW: 228
    CW: 221
    GW: 160

I’m really pleased with that for my first week. I know it’s a system reset so I’m looking at water weight and this is not a sustainable rate. But I feel like I’m finally headed in the right direction.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    A new member is coming your way - welcome @barbylucedistelle !
  • Thank you for the welcome <3 I am a 44 year old mom of 2 gorgeous 7 and 8 year old kids. Last year I managed to reach my weight goal with the help of a PT/dietitian. Then I stopped watching what I was eating, stopped any training, step count and everything has gone downhill..... So it's about time to get back on track
    I hope that between myself and this wonderful community I will be able to keep the motivation up and stay focused.

My weight goal is 50 kg/ 110 pounds. My CW is 55.5 kg/122 pounds. If I loose 0.5 gr per week I should be there 3 months. My biggest problems are weekends, were I usually go out with friends eating and drinking. Ideally I'll have to reduce slightly my weekly intake to make space for the weekend...... We'll see how I get on.

Anyhow!!! Enough of me chatting, nice to meet you and can't wait to get to know you all!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@bgame4 Thanks for letting us know. I hope you can return when the time is right.

@19shmoo69 Bummer, I would love to see what you intended to post!

@Tamevv GREAT JOB! <3

@megnolia82 Great September goals. Congrats on that loss! Well done!

@TeresaW1020 Oh no! I'm so sorry about your back. Do take care of yourself.

@barbylucedistelle Welcome to the team! <3 Weekends are my downfall, too.

Good morning friends! I did okay at the birthday gathering yesterday. I had a small piece of that birthday cake I made for my SIL and I had some of the Chinese food. I tracked everything instead of burying my head in the sand like I would usually do. Still blazing hot here, it was 88F at 5:30am! Yesterday, it got up to 100F. Ridiculous. I always say September is our hottest month and nobody believes me because everyone thinks it is fall, but that's the truth!

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I didn't drink enough water and I didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
This discussion has been closed.