Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @Tamevv - What a coincidence that you also like C dorner! Let me know if you run across a fun work out and I will do the same.

@Katmary71 - I hope you had a fun weekend with Bill and how did you like Maverick? I thought it was really good.

@shaunarlr83 - Hope things will stay good with the Hub once you are home. You are on fire with your goals and plans!

@trooworld - congrats on the loss and congrats on the birthday party control!

@TeresaW1020 - Hope your back feels better quick!

@barbylucedistelle - Welcome!

Hi, I'm Lisa. I live in FL with my husband. My kids are big and sometimes here, sometimes not. Struggled with weight since college, and have lost big chunks more than once, just to gain it back. At my advanced age of 54, it's becoming more difficult to get the scale moving in the right direction. Love being a part of this group for both the camaraderie and support it provides. Terrific people!
  • Cornanda
    @broncobuddee - I will be out of town later this week, so I will be skipping my weigh in.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

tqyox13uv72b.png
    5f9q9rgk42g6.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    x04h39jrt0ek.png

By Pounds
    edax44rhdx4w.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    kgb588ebbrzu.png

By Pounds
    cdxeczqyh13v.png
    jkqz8wdrd38d.png

Team Winners
    fzsmkkozbs2v.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dzeq5ph0ulio.png
    usb7gog0c5hs.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    k515a7oyoiug.png

By Pounds
    sd2w6k3tozb5.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    blbm31bhy6ur.png

By Pounds
    rjbea6xt7oc7.png
    v8d3xfjpqe8t.png
    ryuet0olyt5f.png

Team Winners
    2o3c94bynne7.png
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @TeresaW1020

@trooworld

@19shmoo69

Great work on the leaderboards!!! Y’all moved us back up to placing this week!!

I had no idea they do an entire months poll!!! So cool and very motivating!!! I’m excited for September results!!!

@trooworld - yes it happens so much. This is why I never make plans. Anything we do is by happenstance or on a whim lol. It took me a lot of years to get used to this life. I still struggle when it comes to certain things and I’m often disappointed but I’ve really been working on looking at the positives lately and that helps. I’ve lived by the saying “Everything happens for a reason” this last decade and that helps too! 😁 Frozen grapes!!! I’ve never heard of that, I have some on hand might throw a few in the freezer…is that all I do? 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

@Tamevv - great job getting it done!!! There’s nothing like being proud of yourself and in the end it’s all that really matters!!! Great job!

@megnolia82 - we have so many things in common!!! I hit my highest weight ever during covid too!! It was mortifying! I had never weighed 200lbs and then all of a sudden I was way over it 😭😭😭. Great thing is we didn’t get comfy there and we’re fighting our way back!! We can do this!!! ♥️ Great goals and AMAZING weigh in this week!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

@TeresaW1020 - I’m so sorry about your back! Hugs!!! I’m really so thankful I found you in this group, it’s great to have someone else with the keto/IF/BB mindset lol! I can honestly say you’re my only MFP friend that I have those things in common with. I hope you feel better very soon!

I was busy cleaning yesterday but still hit all of my goals. Today will look much the same. I was missing cleaning and my son and his friends were a great help to remedy that, Isn’t it lovely to have 3 teenage boys around all of the time and somehow they are all allergic to doing the dishes!??? Every freaking dish was dirty!!! Over the next 3 weeks I’m making my son help out with the dishes and his friends aren’t allowed over here unless they learn to help out or he starts to clean up after them. I can’t come home to a dirty house everytime. Hope y’all have a great (dish free) weekend!!!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh-In

bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 234 (I think)
    CW - 236

Totally been sucking but September is my fresh start. I'm finishing out my weekend at my 911 job this evening. PT job the next couple. The hubs and I are hoping to get out to Charlotte to see my step-son next weekend.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 10k+ steps/day weekly avg ✔️
    2. Close exercise ring 5+ days/week (4/5)
    3. 7 days in a row under calorie goal 2x (2/7 days)

Made the Cowboy Caviar today… wow it is so good! I used red onion & added an orange bell pepper and lime juice, cilantro and Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning. Oh my, it is heavenly.
    I have to work out this evening to hit my #2 goal. Steps have been pretty good though. I’ll post them Tuesday. Going on a big hike early tomorrow morning. I love seeing the results every Sunday. Take care, all of you. Happy Labor Day, USA teamies!
  • happysquidmuffin
    Exercise ring closed 5/5 days this week!
  • Cornanda
    Happy labor day!

I'm in the place where I'm starting to say bad things to myself- like "you can't do it" or "you won't do it" or "your're always messing up". Committed to the challenge and only made it three days before I slacked. Prowling around the house eating crap food last night. Vacation coming and wanted to be back to usual weight before having less control over my diet and exercise for a few days. My daughter is coming home for the weekend right after we get back- to celebrate her birthday and that means more dessert. I'm super glad she wants to spend her birthday weekend with us, but not about more dessert.

OK.

So.

I will do my best on vacation and during my daughter's visit. I will not tell myself it's OK to be a maniac for a week just because there are life events going on. And when it's done, I will get back to some serious work and finish out the year strong! Go me!

Thanks for listening to me give myself a pep talk.

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    @shaunarlr83 oh that resonates: “we don’t get comfy there”. I just want to feel good. I’m not old enough to be sore in all the places I’m sore lol. And I really don’t want to spend money on more clothes so I need to actually fit into all the clothes I’ve already got! We’ve got this! Finally some sense of normalcy in the world so it’s more than time to get back on track!

@Cornanda have a wonderful week! You can do it. Enjoy those desserts, just in smaller amounts :)

@bethanie0825 don’t beat yourself up. Sounds like the perfect time for a fresh start. I love September for that, it’s just nice because everything goes back to routine (for me at least). You’ve got this! Have a great week!

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 195.8
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️Weigh In Monday⚖️
    Previous Weight - 197
    Current Weight -192.6

I’ve been flushing flushing flushing this week!!! 💦 Drink up everyone!!! 😁

I forgot to put my starting weight! It’s if the starting weight when we joined this group!? If so mine was 206.8.

If it’s from the start of this month it will be the 197.

• happysquidmuffin
    edited September 2022
    Great loss @shaunarlr83 !
    @Cornanda you can do it, just stay mindful.

My 5 mile hike this morning was great! Already a very high step count to start the week. Weight has been flat, but I feel more fit and energized and I’m just excited to be alive!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @Cornanda Top Gun Maverick was great, we both loved it! I loved your self-talk, you said everything and more that I was going to say when first reading your post by the end. I think you're doing great, it gets complicated especially with things like birthdays and vacations but finding a balance is so important. I still don't know how to do it myself so I liked reading it!

Woohoo, we're third place on Week 5! Way to go @shaunarlr83 @19shmoo69 @leti126 @TeresaW1020 @trooworld way to go gang!

@TeresaW1020 I hope your back is better soon, I'm sorry to hear you've been in pain.

@shaunarlr83 Frozen fruit is awesome, when I did paleo I'd roll them in cocoa powder, ones like grapes and bananas are so sweet your don't miss chocolate with cocoa powder though they're great just frozen too.

@bethanie0825 Definitely show this month who's boss!

@happysquidmuffin I'm definitely going to save that Cowboy Caviar recipe, we got a lot of great recipes posted all at once I don't know what to try first! So happy to hear you're enjoying how great you're feeling, it's so wonderful when you get to that point.

@barbylucedistelle Keep reminding yourself your dog is counting on you for the walks, it helps when you aren't just doing it for yourself. Plus I always think of how proud I am when I go through with exercising to push through it again and not give up.

Hi gang, happy Labor Day! Have the house to myself again, the weekend was really fun. We went to the food bank farm Saturday then came home and cleaned up and went to Folsom to the farmer's market and walked around downtown and shopped then came back and rested and ate and went to see Top Gun Maverick. Sunday I got him into Cobra Kai and we went a few places and fed my brother's cat then went and got Blizzards at Diary Queen last night then watched Inception on Netflix, have you seen that @Vegan4lyfe2012 ? Weird movie, I was scared I'd have nightmares but I slept through the night thank goodness. I got back to working out today, my flare-up is improving finally and today was my first day working out a bit more, I'll probably try weights again tomorrow. I'd planned to keep exercise on the first day at the farm and walking, yesterday I just did stretching and core, today I started adding cardio back in and it went well. We BBQed today and I ate fairly healthy aside of popcorn at the movies and the Blizzard but I'm not looking forward to my weigh-in at the pain clinic tomorrow between that and hormone issues! OK team, let's have a wonderful week!

• Cornanda
    Yesterday I mostly ate well, did a 3 mile walk plus a HIIT step and strength workout. We leave tomorrow night!

Lisa
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    So sorry I missed last week's weigh in. Hubby said let's go on a trip and of course I said let's go. I didn't watch any calories or anything on this trip so now it's time to get back to work. This trip was so needed and we enjoyed just a change of pace and scenery. It was a win, win!

Week one
    Saturday
    P. W. 253
    C. W. 258

Let's go to work... B)
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Good morning all! Quick drive by to wish everyone a great day. Holiday yesterday so it feels like Monday.

Have a good one!
This discussion has been closed.