Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    Congrats to the whole Slimpossibles team for getting 3rd place for the week on the leaderboard! Special shout-out to 19shmoo69, shaunarlr83, leti126, and TeresaW1020!

@shaunarlr83 ONEDERLAND!!! Congratulations!

@Jactop @19shmoo69 30 lbs down, woo hoo! WTG!

@Cornanda Thank you! Great self-pep talk. About those negative things you say to yourself: would you say them to a friend? If not, why are you saying them to yourself? Great job with the 3 mile walk and HIIT. Have a fun vacation!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! Not making plans would drive me crazy, I am very much a planner lol. That saying helps a lot, I bet. It helps me, too in certain situations. Yep, just put your grapes in the freezer! They are delicious! Oh gosh about the dishes! Good for you for standing your ground.

@happysquidmuffin Great job closing your exercise ring!!! Those are great NSVs.

@barbylucedistelle Welcome to the team! One hour at a time is a great idea. Great job with the walk!

@ftofit Congrats on the loss!

@shaunarlr83 Nice loss, congrats!

@Katmary71 Sounds like a fun weekend.

@megnolia82 Have a great day! It does feel like a Monday lol.

Hi all. I had a minor emergency at home: our range went out! Totally died on us. So, we had to order a new one and it won't be delivered until 9/15! Luckily we have a Ninja Foodi which does all sorts of stuff and we can do a lot with it. I also bought stuff for sandwiches. Have a great day!

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I didn't drink enough water and I didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 Congrats again!

zkk32x52ebhd.jpg
  • trooworld
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    @broncobuddee I would like to change my date to Mondays. Fridays seem to not be working for me to log in here! :smiley:

PW 8/26/2022: 217.7

Check in weight (9/5/2022): 218.5
    Check in weight (9/12/2022):
    Check in weight (9/19/2022):
    Check in weight (9/26/2022):
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @trooworld – I love frozen grapes! I’ve been eating a cup of them every night for my snack!
    @shaunarlr83 – I personally think the seedless red grapes are far superior than green when frozen :) And not trying to be mean, but LOL on the burnt popcorn…so goes life, right?
    @happysquidmuffin – So glad the Cowboy Caviar was a hit!
    @Katmary71 – Not only have I watched Inception, but I own it :) I’ve watched it 3 times now and catch something I missed before each time.
    I had a lot of time in my craft room over the long holiday weekend…made 48 cards! If anyone would like a random card, just send me a friend request. After we’re friends, then we can private message so I can get your name & address. There are a few people in this group that have done this and I love to surprise them with a handmade card. And I have a couple thank yous to throw out, too!
    @TeresaW1020 and @Katmary71 - Thank you both for the surprises of greetings in my mailbox! Your notes were so sweet and unexpected… I am truly blessed to have found this great group!
    I am super excited about my 3 pound loss this past weigh-in. And on Sunday I stopped at a local store in my village and ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in about 7 or 8 years. She recently moved…to my village! We are going to be evening walking partners whenever she has the chance. We’ll be able to chat and get caught up and get the blood pumping…win/win! I’m also excited to tell you all that the laser treatments on my ankle is working! The pins and needles are getting less and less and the pain is subsiding, too! Bonus – doctor said after the treatments on my ankle, he wants to work on my back and my insurance will cover it! Woot Woot!
    50x50 & No Zero Days!

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 139.5
    CW: 139.5

Disappointed my weight didn’t go down, but at least it’s not a gain. I love this group too; you all are amazing. ❤️
    Steps:
    8/31: 13,015
    9/01: 7,429
    9/02: 16,564
    9/03: 7,883
    9/04: 11,125
    9/05: 22,450 I love hiking!

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 10k+ steps/day weekly avg ✔️
    2. Close exercise ring 5+ days/week (5/5 last wk)✔️ (1/5 this wk)
    3. 7 days in a row under calorie goal 2x (3/7 days)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 150.0
    CW: 149.0

Not much to report. It's super hot here and I'm staying inside and just goofing off a lot, playing my game and reading. My flare is better but my knees are super bad and I will be asking for shots tomorrow when I see the rheumatologist. I saw the Dentist today for a check up and cleaning. All is good.

I'm so proud of everyone for making such smart choices when it's not easy. Congrats to our team members for representing our Team the leaderboard.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Congrats to everyone last month on awesome losses and commitments! I’ve been a little MIA as I’ve been back into the swing with back to school but trying my best to stay committed to my goals.

@19shmoo69 venting is totally normal and good to do. Finding the motivation is super difficult and I don’t have an answer for you as I struggle with this weekly as well. But know the team is here to support you however we can!

@shaunarlr83 i think that’s great that you have made some true friends on here! You’re journey has seemed like it’s going amazing and I love seeing your posts and accomplishments.

Welcome to all the newcomers! Here’s to another amazing month!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    @19shmoo69

I hear you. I was in that slump for 4 years. When you’re in the groove it goes so well. When you lose track it feels impossible. I wish I could figure out how to find the motivation and willpower to stick to it. Try not to be too hard on yourself.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @Cornanda Have a safe trip!

@askewcr So glad you had a wonderful trip, welcome back!

@megnolia82 Have a great one! I agree, I'm thrown from the vacation too, I keep thinking it's Monday!

@trooworld I'm so glad you have your Ninja Foodi, sounds like you did well with meal planning on the spot!

@shaunarlr83 That's a great idea to take notes, a lot of the time once I know someone's name I forget their handle name and it throws me. I'm so glad you had the chance to meet a friend from here, how fun!I have a couple nearby friends but haven't met one yet. Did you find anything good on Netflix? I introduced my guy to Cobra Kai, we watched the first season when he was here, he'd never seen it before.

@vegan4lyfe2012 How funny, figures you'd already seen Inception, I'd read good reviews on Google about it so I wanted to check it out. You made some serious cards, how fun! I'm so happy to hear the laser treatments are helping your ankle, how wonderful! Get that thing fixed up so you can do some fun walks with your friend, that's perfect timing to feel better and run into her.

@happysquidmuffin I'm glad it's not a gain too, so glad you're part of us now.

@FushiaKat It's crazy hot in CA! I'm glad your flare has improved but hope your rheumatologist agrees with the injections so you have less knee pain.

@19shmoo69 Please vent away! What about trying the month check-in with us with a couple small goals or just one? One of the things that helped me when I was gaining a lot from steroids after my relapse was letting myself maintain instead of trying to lose, I had so much going on cutting back what I was eating was making me eat more so maintaining was pretty freeing for a bit and caused less bingeing from steroid and stress cravings.

@leti126 Glad you're doing well sticking with your goals with school starting, you got this!

Hi team! Today was my first day back lifting weights and it went well. I'm going to scratch lifting more from my September goal since doing so flared me up and set me back so I'll just be meditating this month. Had my pain clinic appointment and the PA was gone so I saw the doctor again and he's really trying to get me to do the spinal cord stimulator trial but I'm not at a place where I want to do it though of course less pain would be wonderful! I'm finally going completely off the sleep anti-depressant and onto the one for nerve pain so it will be interesting to see how I feel once it's over plus the old one people tend to gain on so I'll see if I can eat a little more or not after this. Not much else to report, we hit 116 today so it's SO HOT it's nuts! Have a wonderful Wednesday! Off to meditate!
  • Morning all, today is my birthday, we started celebrating yesterday, my calories count went off the roof and I’m afraid today will be another day more or less the same. My mother in law is staying with us and she’s saying I should be celebrating without thinking about my weight but I feel if I’m not determined I’ll never reach my goal.
    I almost reached 10,000 steps yesterday, I need to push more. If I don’t get my *kitten* up those steps will not come on their own.
    I went to the gym though, I’ll go again this week to get started with a plan.

@19shmoo69 Staying motivated or disciplined is also my biggest problem. I used to pay someone 150 pounds per month to keep me on track. It worked, it was great but now I realised I need to commit to myself rather that someone else. I find coming back to this group, reading everybody’s story and posting mine is keeping me motivated. I usually give up after 2 weeks, I hope to keep coming!!!

It’s past 8am here and I’m still in bed reading posts, I better get going!

Congrats team on the achievement!

• I think I’ll try to be realistic for once today. Since it’s my birthday we’re going away to a hotel spa on the beach with my husband, kids will stay with my in-laws. Hence my goal for today will be to not go waaaaaay too off my daily intake.
    That’s it, I said it. More than anything else I just want to relax and enjoy the day.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Only got a minute-

@trooworld - No of course I wouldn't say those things to a friend! It will be a pain to be without your range, but I'm sure you will come up with some creative ideas. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Congrats to everyone on losses! That's awesome!

@shaunarlr83 - what a great idea to make a cheat sheet. Love it! Glad things are going well now that you are home.

@19shmoo69 - I don't have any magic answers for you. Negative self talk will get you no where fast though. Be kind to yourself. Pick one thing to work on this week and then you can build on it. I often get paralyzed by getting started. You got this. We all screw up. Hugs to you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - How cool that you have a new walking buddy!

@Katmary71 - hope things go well with the med change.

@barbylucedistelle - Happy Birthday! Good plan- enjoy your day without eating like a maniac!

Bon voyage- probably won't "see" ya'll until I get back. Or I might have to post about how much crap food MIL has.

Lisa

• trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 Awesome! That is a good idea to do with people's names. :) That's cool that you met a MFP friend. I don't have many real-life friends, either: 3 in my city (and one of them is moving out of state soon :( ) but I have about 4 that live outside of my area that I hardly see. I'm glad things have been going well at home. If the worst thing you ate was a mini bag of popcorn, you are okay!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on that loss, awesome! I love frozen grapes now, too! That's awesome your friend moved to your village. And yay for your ankle healing! I think this is the No Zero Days article, for those that want to read it: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! You are so close to your goal.

@19shmoo69 Darren, we need you so don't even think about going dark on us!!! Motivation will come and go. It's commitment that will keep you plugging along. Would it help to make a workout calendar? I struggle with this too, and I think it is totally normal. I just try to remind myself that the time is going to pass anyway I might as well keep trying. If I quit, I would end up gaining a bunch of weight. Hugs, friend.

@Katmary71 There has been a twist in the story, more on that later! That's a good idea to scratch lifting from your challenge goals. 116??? OH MY~ I thought it was hot here lol. No, not that hot!

@barbylucedistelle I hope you had a good birthday yesterday! Great job with the steps and the gym!

@Cornanda Yeah, about the range, there has been a change (more on that later). I hope you have a good trip!

Hi all. Last night, our circuit breaker got tripped and when we turned it back on, our old stove turned back on! So, we canceled the order for the new stove and saved $900! I'm a bit disappointed as I hate our old stove, but I'd rather save the money lol. So, we aren't limited in what we cook anymore. Yay!

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but I didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @barbylucedistelle – HAPPY HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!
    @Cornanda – Good luck! I’m praying for you to make good choices!
    @trooworld – Thanks for the article link. I’m going to actually save it this time :) And yay/boo on the circuit breaker being the fix. I had a somewhat similar experience. I had a large roaster (pre-vegan days) and was making the Thanksgiving turkey. After several hours, it wasn’t cooking and I realized the roaster was barely warm to the touch. My (now ex) took the turkey out to cook it in the oven and threw the roaster away. Then the next day I realized the breaker on that wall had been tripped and was only half way on. So mad that a perfectly good expensive roaster (that doubled as a 3 compartment serving unit) was thrown away. My ex was always quick to throw things out instead of holding on for a day or two, which is what I usually did. Glad I finally threw that abusive guy out like he did the roaster…
    Whew! I sure did digress there! Sorry, Chris! Let’s talk about movies…@Katmary71 & @trooworld you both like TWD, right? How about the TV show LOST? Those are 2 that rank up there in my Top 10. I just found a movie with Josh Holloway, Michael Rooker and Sarah Wayne Callies called Whisper. It was fairly predictable, but at least it didn’t have the typical ending you’d expect. It’s from 2007 and I hadn’t heard of it. Hunter saw a preview on another movie and told me she wanted to see it, so I grabbed a copy off eBay for about $4. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435528/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6
    There’s lots of other horror movies coming out soon that I am really looking forward to – Black Wood, Resurrection, The Summoned, The Breach, Sin Eater, Barbarian, Smile, We Put the World to Sleep, and Fall. It’s gonna be an awesome scary season!!! Also looking forward to Winnie the Pooh Blood & Honey whenever that goes into production :) Anyone else planning on seeing any of these?
    Alright. I better get motivated. My friend loaned me her hedge trimmer a couple months ago and said she wasn’t going to need it all summer and to not rush. So I didn’t. And now she needs it back and I still have my Burning Bush that’s out of control. Definitely wearing my FitBit for this job!
    Later, Peeps! And keep hydrated – this heat is ridiculous!
    50x50 & No Zero Days!

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    leonadixon wrote: »
    @broncobuddee I would like to change my date to Mondays. Fridays seem to not be working for me to log in here! :smiley:

All set!
This discussion has been closed.