Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,337 Member
    @Kurtize I sure hope your Doctor can put you at ease and it is something simple like stretch exercises - but no doubt they will want to take xrays which is not always a bad thing. I have times my leg gives out but I catch it in time and don't fall - I also have a nerve issue that affects my leg (meralgia paresthetica) means the outside nerve - the thigh is numb right now from standing in the kitchen prepping and making chile - have not made it in a while and it is now simmering. In the mean time, I'll sit so my leg can rest but not for long, too much to do. By the way I saw your game entrees boy they sure looked good eh !!
  • SassieFit
    SassieFit Posts: 119 Member
    Hello Fellow Passengers!

Hope you are all having a great week!

Can someone remind me what date the next challenge starts please.

Thanks!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @ForeverFitNHealthy -Hope you had a great birthday!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -hello! My kids are back in school. Both in the same building just this year. I have a freshman and a senior. I still get the play by play from my freshman which is nice.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,331 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,732 Member
    edited September 2022
    @cosmiccurves LOVE IT when I try something new and it's YUMMY!! Nice job!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, oh that'd be so exciting for the both of you!! ITs scary when they do and they borrow the car!! YO!! I ALMOST wanted to put a tracker on the phone so I'd know if GD went off the road. Especially one very very foggy night!! I was so scared that night, but she did call when she got there. THANKFULLY she was smart and went very slow as I had asked her to. It was in the town next to the city we live in, but like many towns it doesn't have street lights, and the road twists and turns horribly surrounded by the marsh!
    @Macrat12 ,,, Oh Sarah!! BUT BUT BUT BUT they are our competition with the PS4L team!! LOLOL ENJOY being with Sue and the rest. Actually if I was not on the PS4L Team, I'd be with Fit Force!! They do help us out a lot , we push ourselves harder. YOu will LOVE THEM!
    @Kurtize, ,, I need to go to page 5, but I SURE AM HOPING the Dr has been able to help you!! Been thinking of you!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Now now, unless you are going to cook for ALL OF US along with @Cosmiccurves,, LOL Hey you all make things look YUMMY!! Linda knows I am NOT a freggie person. PLEASE TAKE Care of that leg!!
    @Sassiefit ,,,, Would you like to join a team during the in between challenge? If so which team are you with if you were on the Spring 5%, if not, which team are you hoping to be on for the Fall? IF its the any team, we'll easily work with that too. WELCOME ABOARD!! THe FALL 5% Is due to start on the 24th. Likely teams mates will be invited to join any time between the 14th to the 17th with a practice week likely. COOL!
    @BookieNJ ,, that's so cool!! Must be nice for the youngest though LOLOL sometimes its a strange thing to be in the same school. I have 4 brothers, one of them was only a year behind me, the youngest one 2 years behind me. The one who was a year behind me, so CUTE!! Hmmmm ALL THESE GIRLS kept coming up to me to ask me to ask him to DATE THEM!! THE FOOLISH Ones would try to "be my friend" Hmmm I HAD PLENTY of friends. For the fake ones(trying to be my friend),,,, I'd tell him stuff I made up about them. Hehehehe no dates were given. I HAD to protect my baby brothers!
    @Cormierannie,,, NICE JOB on the exercise. WOOHO on a nice day!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,874 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well and it looks like you are. Today is hump day. I am so happy we are already half the week down. It is great that I am doing so well. My boyfriend is so much help. When I get stressed we figure things out together. He is great. Yesterday he was so helpful. Reminding me that the bible says no to fear 365 times so it stands for every day of the year and that it will all work out. So that it what I am going with.

@macrat12 - That is the team I am on. I am the baggage handler for Fit Force. You will love the team.
    @Kurtize - I hope they are able to figure it out. That can be pretty scary. Please keep us updated
    @SassieFit - I am not totally sure but maybe around the 24th of this month we should be starting.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,086 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain Thanks I was looking for a change of scenery so chose Fit Force for the fall challenge.

It's 64 feels like 64 with a high of 87 for today. I AM: I deserve to be happy and do what it takes to be happy. Axe Sharpening: You'll walk in confidence when you win the battle of you vs. you.--Stacey Erving Jr 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Give yourself permission to say 'no'. Fitness quote for today: Every time you train, train with the motivation & purpose that you will be the hardest person someone ever tries to kill.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Keep your expectations high but realistic.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,311 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Legs Day in the gym after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,983 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, WOOHOO FOR HUMP DAY!! We've not seen the CAMEL lately on TV and I MISS HIM!! LOL That was pretty funny and it certainly took on a life of it's own!! I'm so glad your BF is so good!! NO DOUBT you are to him also!! It's so great when it works out so well. In the book of Matthew Chapter 6 verse 34 it helps me out so much "So never be anxious about the next day, or the next day will have it's own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles." What GREAT ADVICE!! There's stuff each day, and worrying doesn't help us. Sure we can take care of things we can take care, but some things are so out of our own control. When I think of the many times I've worried about stuff, that never happened. Now I take it step by step. HUGE RELIEF!!
    @Macrat12 ,, Fit Force is a fantastic team. They'll love having you and you'll flourish with them no doubt. A TRUE WIN/WIN!! Of course ALL teams are great!! Each has it's own flavor. @Patti241 and I are on Positively Strong 4 Life which is a fun, amazing team also, as said though ALL of them are. On Sparks each team was different for various reasons, same here. HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!! What do you do on Leg day?
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Hows the day going so far? You can see mine has been crazy so far with grocery shopping DONE!! Picking up a friend in a tiny bit to meet another friend, to eat chinese food! YUMMY!! Then drop off friend, to go to the foot Dr's office. FINALLY HOME!! After I rest a bit, eat, come back on MFP, I need to knock on many neighbors doors to do the final organization for the BBQ on Saturday. They are so funny!!! With 92 units, we've had only 30 sign up, yet 50 will show up, but we do this year after year, so we are fine with that. We expect it!! THANKFULLY many also help with the set up, during and WAY MORE help with the clean up!
  • macrat12
    @Dianedoessmiles1 for leg day I did leg curl (machine), leg press (machine), hack squats (machine), split squats, walking lunges and leg extension (machine). These exercises came from the 1st Phorm app and I did 3-4 sets depending on what the app said to do.

As always I did a 5 min warm up then turf sprints 9 times up and back as a finisher then ended with 5 min cool down.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,331 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. today is her first day back at school. she is now in grade 12. she enjoys learning new things and helping out at school and with others. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing tonight! have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol that’s so funny you used to tell them the wrong stuff! Yeah right now bordering on weird. Older one has shared very little about school so a lot we are figuring out for the first time.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,268 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi everyone, happy Wednesday. The Dr did take xrays, she said to stay on the cane and felt I walked well with it but that's not the problem, want to know why my leg buckles. She also ordered a walker. The xrays on my back (which she hasn't gone over with me, its just the report they send to your file. Moderate to severe degenerative disc disease L3-L4 and L4-L5. Mild-to-moderate degenerative disc disease is seen at the other levels of lumbar spine. There is an anterolisthesis of L4 and L5 measuring approximately 10 mm. Moderate facet arthropathy L4-L5 and L5-S1. More mild degenerative disc disease is seen at the other levels lumbar spine. There is mild levocurvature lumbar spine. Anterior and left lateral osteophytes are seen at L2-L3. I really have no idea what this means. My knee didn't show any signs except arthritis. She did note my right leg is weaker, but @LindieMaeP what you described is what I feel and happens. I am be walking then I start to feel numb from hips to thighs. It gets hard to walk, and now my right leg starts to buckle under me. Luckily I have caught myself so I . Hope they come up with solution. Thanks all for your concern and thoughts. Have a good rest of the day. Hugs.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,337 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, hope you all are having a good day and getting things accomplished. I did volunteer with my congregation on zoom and then walked to safeway, came home and just had dinner. Still have to do my strength exercises and I will do that in half an hour. Actually I just do one to loosen my hip flexor in my left hip - I lay on the side of the bed and I dangle my leg off the bed for a count of 45 seconds and then bring it up, rest it then dangle it again - it not only works that hip flexor it's working my core too as a side work !! I actually find it quite relaxing once my back settles.
    @Kurtize I hope your doctor gives you not only a good explanation but arranges some form of physiotherapy you can do to help the issues. Interesingly I have the same issue with the L3L4 degenerating - they called it osteoarthrtice, and that is where the nerve issue ( outer nerve in plain english) comes from. The doctor also told me it was from wearing a belt too tight around my waist. Well I dont' wear a belt but I do have draw strings for my shorts and maybe my undies might be too tight in the band. I just got home from Safeway as I said and yes my leg - thigh went numb and it is still numb and I have been sitting for a bit. My doctor told me the numb then burning is the nerve trying to heal it. The suggestion was for short walks, 10 min or so - safeway is 15 - but the walking around safeway is more. Also I tried doing exercises in a pool and that aggrevated it for me, so I layed off that. Do keep us informed as you wish I would love to hear what your doctor's final prognosise is. I was thinking of getting a walker as well - one with a bench so I can sit and walk more .... maybe in the new year.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 you know all it takes is free food and people show up, they don't wanna help but they wanna feed their face so they don't sign up so you can't rope them, er, ask them to volunteer LOL I'll take about 3 hotdogs, no bun ... and if there's corn on the cob just make sure there's lots of goat butter !! LOL
    @macrat12 good to see you back ! I too needed a change of scenery and am off to another team come the fall challenge. It's a great way to meet new folks and make new friends.
    @BookieNJ sure hope you get all the schooling figured out!
    @Patti241 hope your day is not as hot as it has been!
    @cormierannie glad the budgies are doing well and that your daughter hopefully enjoyed the first day of school and had no problem finding her way around.
    @Tabatha_Cain that's a good scripture that @Dianedoessmiles1 quoted, I often use that one myself because we do tend to worry and sometimes our imagination can run away with us, at least I know mine does.
    and now just for @Dianedoessmiles1

hbycpcqynsux.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Welcome back Sarah!

So glad to be back. The fair was great for the most part. Spent lots of money lol. Spent my spare time when not volunteering helping with my 8 month old and 3 year old cousins. The 8 month old likes using me as a human jolly jumper. Good arm workout.cxxy9szxr11d.jpeg
    The 3 year old enjoyed jumping from the big tractors and combines top step at me and yell weeeee😆602am35jpmzg.jpg
    He also enjoyed having me read to him. The record was 4 books in a row.etn20s5l2pps.jpeg
    Here are some bonus photos from the weekend.g11ur2ezu9zo.jpg
    xy3h702srqb9.jpg

Yesterday was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Lost 4 lbs! It's not what I ate but how much and all the movement. Today I mowed the neighbors lawn. I have that job until the end of October when the new owners takeover possession of the house. He is not doing well. He is heavily medicated and sleeping alot. I also had a nice talk with his daughter. She is such a strong, caring and kind woman. She makes me feel like I am part of the family and that feels great.

Oh almost forgot..... One of my friends on the fair board has been sharing my progress of my weight loss. We have always gotten along and he hasn't seen me since 2019 fair which was only a year after I started my journey. Anyways he told me how good I am looking 😏. On Sunday morning he seen me on my walk and stopped to say "Good morning gorgeous". Made my day and still smile every time I think about it. Hopefully I can tap into that for motivation.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    HI ALL!! BUSY BUSY DAY!! I'll be backkkk tomorrow. LOL Hopefully between now and Saturday is sooo crazy!! Went to lunch with friends we had so much fun!! So much that the waiter was really joking around with us, but he was serious with others. Saw the foot Dr. we are going to TRY for a month before I go in again. Yes, we both laughed. IF though the antibiotics worked that I finished up yesterday, that'd be GRAND!! It was round 4 of them. We imagine we'll see each other within 2 weeks.
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    I'm going to try my hand at a few Harry Potter DIY decor items for our home this weekend, so if it turns out well I'll post a picture! If not, I'll still post a picture with a warning :lol: one is going to be a sign that shows multiple famous areas in the books to put on the front porch with our fall decor (Hogwarts, Ollivander's, Diagon Alley, Platform 9&3/4, etc). The other craft are floating candles for the dining room. I really, really hope I can make these turn out super cute! I plan to add in a painted canvas in HP style as well just not sure what to paint yet.

Our dining room is going to essentially be paying homage to the Great Hall at Hogwarts on a much tinier scale! We still have Halloween decorations to put up outside as well, which we will probably do next week. I am planning on making a treat bag grab and go table for our house since we will be trick or treating throughout the evening, and I would love for kids to still benefit from stopping by even though we won't be there!

Today's new low carb recipe to try, Pumpkin Spice Latte! I'll let y'all know how it turns out and post the recipe if it's good! Bring on alllllll the fall flavors and aesthetic please!! :smiley:
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,874 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. It sounds like you are. Today is going to be another busy day at work. I have not been able to get any down time to get my lists done and that is sad since we are 8 days into the new month and I need to start working on them. I will have to break down and take time today to get them done. This week might not be a good week for that though given it was a short week.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I need to read my bible again. It has been a while. I think it will ultimately bring me peace to read it. I have so many anxieties. I hope your food is all healed now.
    @cormierannie - How is your weather holding out? It is pretty nice here still
    @Kurtize - That is a lot going on with your back. I hope they can figure it all out.
    @LindieMaeP - It was a good quote. I need to find more like that too.
    @cosmiccurves - I am loving the theme you are trying to do in your dining room. If I find any pumpkin spice recipes I will let you know.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    It's 61 feels like 61 with a high of 88 for today. I AM: I find small moments of peace throughout my day. Axe Sharpening: If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking others for permission. Give yourself permission.--Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy International Literacy Day!!! Action for Happiness: Be willing to share how you feel and ask for help when needed. Fitness quote for today: Don't expect to see a change if you don't make one.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: And even if no one brings you flowers, you can still plant yourself the most beautiful garden.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,280 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: walk 1 mile, 60-50-40-30-20-10 and walk 1 mile (rest 5 min between mile walks) at home after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,983 Member
    Diane: My day was okay. Went to a gathering yesterday after my friends drs appointment. That sounds like you were crazy busy.