What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Kiwi2mfp wrote: »
    Semele0 wrote: »
    Tomorrow I leave for a week long holiday, where I plan to eat, enjoy food, rest, play with my daughter, and wear bikinis. Fill up of positive thinking. Then start again my journey after two years of pause.
    So my mini-goal is to weight and measure myself, take photos of the before, and then just log everything for a week, without any pressure to cut calories or diet. That's it, that's manageable... I will post again in two weeks from now!

I find that preparation time is sometimes a need.... time to just wrap your brain around the journey that you are about to embark on. That time is like packing before leaving on a trip. Leaving without packing might be doable but the trip would likely be a whole lot harder. Enjoy your trip in both senses!

This is so true. I was trying to figure out why this sounded so familiar, and then it hit me- the Stages of Change model. This stage is literally called Preparation. I went from Contemplation to Preparation when I overdid it on Christmas Eve last year and spent six hours being violently ill. That’s when I decided to make the change on Jan 1, and I spent the whole week in between just planning out my strategy.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2022
    mlrtri wrote: »
    I am so excited. I finally met my last mini goal - moving from Obese into Overweight category. My next goal is to head into Healthy Weight. 😀
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2022
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member

Intake goal met!

Updated goals:
    Weight: 250 lbs
    Fitness: 10,000 steps/day 3x/week (on-days) with 5,000 steps/day 4x/week (off-days)
    Intake: 14 days within 100 kcal +/- target

I've met all three mini goals.

Updated goals:
    Weight: <250 lbs trending average
    Fitness: 10k steps 3x/week, 6k steps 3x/week, 5k rest day; with strength training 3x
    Intake: 21 days within goal range (now tightening goal range to 50 kcal +/- target)

Well, it's been an interesting near-month since I last posted. Went through a period where I was clinging to the wagon by my fingernails, so to speak, so revamped and rolled back the fitness and intake goals.

I met the weight goal about 2 weeks ago.

Here's my updated mini-goals:

Weight: trending average below 247.2. This is the 10% to healthy BMI marker.
    Fitness: complete a week consisting of: 10k steps 3x, 5.5k steps 3x, and one 5k steps "rest day" with 3x strength training
    Intake: one week within 50 kcals +/- target kcals

Met the weight one sometime around a week ago I think. Also met the fitness one.

Updated mini-goals:
    Weight: trending average below 245
    Fitness: one week's step goals of: 10k 3x, 6.5k 3x, 5k 1x, with 3x strength training
    Intake: one week within 50 kcal +/- target
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    To rejoin the gym...I don't know why I'm finding this is so hard. Maybe at noon today
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!