WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    💞((( Barbie )))💞 I hope they figure it out soon for you!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    edited September 2022
    Karen - glad your brother got his SS card. ;)

Vicki - also, good luck with the stress test! Glad to hear you have scheduled a week off. :D

Debbie - giving the telemarketer's phone calls to the triplets made me laugh out loud. :D

Barbie - hope the new eye doc has a solution for you. :D

Just finished setting up a yellow jacket trap, hope it works. They have a nest in the ground right by the woodshed. I was going to let them live until I spotted that trap in DH's "Home Depot" shop, lol. It was meant to be.

Warm and windy here. Fire warning on Saturday - lots of east wind, low humidity. Hope you gals in California see some relief soon from your hot, hot weather.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Went to see about getting a blood genetic test one me. We will see what shakes after I do the blood draw
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Allie, sounds like you and Miles have a lot of fun. There are so many fun books for children and babies.

:)Pip, good news about the blood thinners. It's great to have fewer meds,

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Allie, sounds like you and Miles have a lot of fun. There are so many fun books for children and babies.

:)Pip, good news about the blood thinners. It's great to have fewer meds,

<3 Barbie

That was the only med I was talking
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    The rain has arrived! :D
    Proper, steady, pouring rain. We so need it. On Tuesday, when we thought we needed lifts from my son, it just spat a bit and drizzled. Thus morning I woke up to the steady sound of real rain.
    When I read of your temperatures in Califormia it makes me feel faint! <3

Quiet day today. Just a Waitrose delivery later this afternoon. It's supposed to be DH'S fruit and veg shopping day, but it might be too wet.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Pip great news!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    The rain has arrived here too Heather, and DD and I were right in the middle of a thunderstorm last night. (the weather was fine when we set off on the dog walk). My daughter didn't even take a coat with her as it was so warm. We should have known better really, as rain was forecast. We were drenched and had to cut the walk short, Leah was afraid of the thunder and kept trying to hide poor thing. We both had to get changed when we got home - and the car ride home in wet clothes was not fun!

I suppose the only good thing is that we really needed the rain and it will help to fill the reservoirs, but just not fun getting caught in the storm.

The skeletons on flamingoes gave me a chuckle too.

Love to all
    Viv UK <3

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi folks. Just taking a few minutes to catch up with my good buddies here. Weather is really autumnal and changeable today. We have also had thunderstorms.

I have Fun with Flowers after lunch. Looking forward to seeing friends again.

Pip: Good news on the meds

Scammers: 😍😂🤣😂 letting the daycare kids talk to the scammers. We find Caller ID on our phone very useful. We only pick up when we recognise the number. If other callers don’t leave a message we just delete.

For email, I don’t click on links, and check sender’s email address for authenticity. I’m cautious about giving info to anyone I don’t think is kosher. I take the view that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is!!!

Time for breakfast, methinks 🤔

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies

☘️ Terri 💕💖💕

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,342 Member
    MartineMtl wrote: »
    I'm Martine from Montreal, Quebec.
    Welcome, Martine, glad you're here!

To Martine, Tracey and our other Canadian sistren, I saw the second brother was finally caught after their devastating spree. Heartbreaking.

Heather -
    Well done on getting the article out, and I'm glad y'all are getting the soaking rain you need.
    Brother now has his SS card in his possession.

Karen: So pleased!

Rita - Hope the medications help, glad to see you walking, too. I'm titrating down off the antidepressant I've been on for the last few years, hoping I can handle it. If not, I'll go back on it. I think of you often. How are your colitis issues?

Vicki - Hope the stress test showed no blockage, and hope you can take time off in October and relax.

Machka -
    So pleased the tinnitus apps are helping!

Carla - Here's hoping the in-office days get easier!

Barbie - Hope your next appointment gets the answers you need.

Woke up in the living room at nearly 2 am, Corey had pulled a blanket over me and let me be after I fell asleep around 7 pm. Yesterday was exhausting but quite positive, will test my iron again in mid-October and phone call with the doc after, won't have to drive up to Fayetteville.

Finally getting sleepy, headed back to bed. Hepatitis vaccines in town scheduled for 1 p.m., should be quick.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    Lisa-hope medical stuff goes well today.

Matchka-that's exciting news about tinnitus settling down a bit. Definite benefit of our computer technology. Microsoft store and the Apple App Store carry some similar things, some unique.

Margaret-you mentioned some homeopathic items to help with Covid. I am wondering which you have discovered? There is so much stuff out there. I have used most of the vitamin recommendations during all of this. I realize it is not medical advice in any way-just interested in your experience.

Rita-the hydrotherapy chair sounds wonderful. Glad you are feeling more on track.

Karen-good news on SS card-just watch for any weird things coming his way.

Vicki-good luck with stress test.

Barbie-hope they solve the mystery of your vision issue.

Off to Columbus later today for MRI then catch up with friend. Staying there tonight for meeting tomorrow. I pay for that on my own even though it is work meeting. The overnight stay is strictly for my convenience and not dealing with early morning traffic!.

Have a good day all.

Ginny in Ohio
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    edited September 2022
    Purged more papers yesterda, including all but last old paystub and my resignation/retirement letter. Kept to see progression from 25 cents per afternoon for papa, then youth wage, then minimum wage. Amazing that when I was making $3.25/hr I was able to save a down payment on my first new car, a $4500 Toyota Corolla Liftback SR 5 that I drove for 26 years ‘til my DH persuaded me to give it to my SIL. Don't know how young people manage today with wages so far behind prices.

Welcome @MartineMtl Martine from Montreal, and congratulations on your retirement!
    Debbie 120 in Cloverdale?!? And pip 111 in Fresno?!? Handing phone scammers off to triplets, priceless!!!
    Ginny thanks for your insight on effective meditation ;) Brava for being your own advocate for the surgery.
    Katla sad you can’t have hummingbird feeders where you are. Glad your Oregon neighbors are looking out for your hummingbirds there. Is there a greenspace at the place where you are now where you could sit outside for awhile and watch whatever birds are local?
    Machka here scammers can spoof caller numbers so it appears to be from your home state or town. :rage: Brava for finding the apps to reduce the tintinitis.
    Heather. Bravissima for your promo activities, especially resourceful approach to local paper.
    Karen, sound idea to involve an attorney. SocSec card in brother’s possession, Bravissima!!!! Are there plans to move your brother out of that facility? I’d fear retaliation from the manager . . .
    KJ I just love your Mom’s approach to phone solicitors. She was a pistol!
    Margaret “…making myself less reactive””” is bound to have a good effect that will spread from you to DrewB. Bravissima!
    Annie like you I struggle toward the end of the day. The longer I sit at the TV, the more unhealthful choices I make. :sick:
    Rita that hydrotherapy chair sounds heavenly.
    Vicki praying your test goes well, and you do get to take that week off next month. The hours you work, under that stress, you certainly both need and deserve it at least a week’s break.
    Barbie hope Friday’s appointment finds the issue is easily and quickly fixed.
    Pip hooray for getting off blood thinners. What is the blood genetic test for?
    Rosemarie brava for getting out for a walk by your pond. Know it isn’t easy.
    Viv sorry you and DD got soaked to the skin and your pooch tried to hide from the thunder. Wet clothes not fun, indeed. Could you take the chance of letting calls go to voicemail, or is it too hard to get through to your mum’s medical folk?
    Lisa glad your home safe and were able to sleep so well.

Heard this afternoon from dear friend who lives in Hemet. Not yet evacuated but can see the Fairview fire on the ridge across the flats from her home. While there is a hope of rain Saturday, the winds bringing it could whip up the fire even more. Scary memories of Chetco Bar fire here, Warm Springs Mesa fire in Boise (we evacuated thanks to my SIL seeing the fire on the ridge and calling, calling, calling my cell phone until we woke up), and the Oakland firestorm of 1991 that rained scorched roof shakes into our back yard down on the flats. Holding C, her dog and her home in prayer.

Fasting labs tomorrow so no late night snacking for me. Maybe that’s what I should tell myself every day after dinner :wink:

<edited later>
    Took the Clutterbug test – I’m a Bee. This really resonated: “Bees almost always come with a lot of stuff.” :laugh:

Done:
    9/7: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, active mins:243 steps:6516
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 9+9+3 almonds, artichoke, beans-kidney, cacao 70%, cashews, cherries, chickpeas-hummus, cornmeal in Fritos, cucumber, ginger-crystallized, orange-marmalade, pecans, peppers-sweet-orange, peppers-sweet-red, peppers-sweet-yellow, radish, romaine, soy-breakfast sausage, tomato sauce, tea, walnuts, wheat-pizza+bread+samosas+scone+Eng muffin. CI<CO=683
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 75 mins playing with plants, freezer purge TBB, pizza sauce & crust. Wt: 137.2 :}

9/6: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, active mins:254 steps:7854
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 9+9 almonds, artichoke, cacao 70%, cashews, cherries, chickpeas-hummus, cornmeal in Fritos, cucumber, ginger-crystallized, orange-marmalade, pecans, peppers-sweet-orange, peppers-sweet-red, peppers-sweet-yellow, soy-breakfast sausage, tomato sauce, tea, walnuts, wheat-pizza+bread+samosas+scone. CI<CO=489
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, called Thrivent for missing Part B EOB, adjusted dogfood autoship, homeowner’s insurance questions call and email, reserved room for Circles in the Sand, hymns, freezer purge ginger scone, packed up Dockers return, 148 mins declutter/paperwork purge. Wt: 139.8

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.