Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Replies

• RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Hi everyone! Excited to be participating in another 5% challenge!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? Read, put together puzzles, play with Legos, hang out with my kids, go for walks

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live near Grand Rapids, MI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to create healthy habits I can continue after the challenge is over. I would also love to actually lose 5% this time!
  • ruffit1
    ruffit1 Posts: 1,166 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun? Anything outdoors- swimming, walking/hiking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? N.J near PA border.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Keep active

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun loving kind soul!!

2 fun things about you? Love a good time and enjoy my family.

Anything else you would like to share? I am beekeeping now as a new hobbie.
  • Eternalminded
    Eternalminded Posts: 507 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count. I will have to think on this.

What do you like to do for fun? Camping, reading, field trips/activities with our homeschool group.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Central Arkansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get moving more. I have spent a lot of time in doctor's visits, taking my parents back and forth on errands, hospitals since February. I would just like to be able to move more. I am in that time when my children need me and my parents need me. It is a busy time but I would not trade it for the world.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Encouraging, honest, dependable

2 fun things about you? I lived in Honduras for two years as a missionary teacher. I would love to live in Montana, Wyoming, or somewhere up North!

Anything else you would like to share? Not at the moment...
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,368 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started long ago on Spark people...so unsure of number of challenges. Thankful for this team 😎

What do you like to do for fun? Walk by the water, go to the ocean, sew, paint Barn Quilts, read, journal, wander in cute little shops & spend time with my Hubby & family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Seattle Washington

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Stay consistent with daily walking, low carb & low fodmap diet & continue to see slow & sustainable weight loss.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Grandpuppy, Filbert would say I make yummy doggie treats & make him look adorable (love sewing him bows & bandanas)

2 fun things about you? I love rocket dog tennis shoes & creative journaling.

Anything else you would like to share? I spent 2021 very ill with 8+ hospitalizations. 2022 is a year of hard work, healing & medically ordered low fodmap diet...so big adjustments. I am thankful to be on the road to recovery & am learning to adapt to & accept long term health issues with more tests & doctor appts ahead. I am a RN & care for my 85 year old Mom who lives with my hubby and I. Getting good at juggling "all the things" of retirement season.
    Smiles Barb 🤪😊

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,078 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count as I came from Spark

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read and play slots games on my phone

What major city do you live in or near? Im 20 min from Pittsburg State? Kansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Finally reach my 5% goal and build my strength.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'm hard working and strong.

2 fun things about you? 1. I love to watch St. Louis Cardinals baseball.
    2. I love to listen to podcasts.

Anything else you would like to share? I was a CL from before we moved from Spark. I'm glad to be back as a member.

you
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    1 so far, the fall challenge will be my second!

What do you like to do for fun?
    Crafting, hiking, video games, reading, playing with my kids and husband, and more!

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Near Atlanta, GA

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    I definitely want to reach my 5% goal! Last challenge, I struggled with some unexpected gains and my husband and I ended up needing to start an entire low carb lifestyle due to health concerns so it'll be great to do a full on challenge in our new lifestyle.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Silly, nerdy, and loyal.

2 fun things about you?
    I am a college football NUT. Hook 'em horns! My husband is a Bama guy and we always root for each others' teams, until this coming Saturday when they face each other for the first time in many moons. It should be fun! I am also a huge astronomy buff, and love to nerd out about our beautiful universe with children and adults alike!

Anything else you would like to share?
    I just want to say how grateful I am to have found this wonderful community!

YRpPbcw.png
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 207 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Haven't kept count but I think more than 10

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Liverpool, England

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to slim done tone up and build muscle

How would your pet or friend describe you? I honestly don't know

2 fun things about you? I like to draw, I like horror films

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,010 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Betwween here and SparkPeople, too many to mention ~ but I did start during the 2nd Challenge in 2010 and did **most** of them since then.

What do you like to do for fun? Theatre, especially musical theatre. I enjoy acting and singing (not much of a dancer, unfortunately). This year, I was in Footloose, Shrek and Guys & Dolls.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in NJ ~ the western part of NJ. I live close to PA but I'm not far from NYC, either.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Just to be consistent and 'on track'

How would your pet or friend describe you? Oh goodness. Our dog, Raven adores me for some reason. We are empty-nesters and she splits her time/affections between my husband and I, but when I'm in the house - she is absolutely, my dog - LOL. Friends would probably describe me as loyal and a fierce protector of those I love.

2 fun things about you? Besides the theatre-thing, I volunteer in our local Women's Club for our tiny town. At work, I'm a fundraiser for a hospital foundation.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm glad to be here, walking this healthy lifestyle journey with all of you!!
    Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2022 Fall 5% Challenge ~ 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS) Team🌶️

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 846 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 2 on SP

What do you like to do for fun? I like to craft: Cricut (paper crafting, sublimation, vinyl, etching, etc), sewing, crocheting, gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Duluth MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue with healthy habits I can live with and continue to work towards my weight goal.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Committed, light-hearted

2 fun things about you? 1) I love the outdoors 2) I watch sci-fi, crime shows, comedie s

Anything else you would like to share? My name is Jerri. My husband and I are newly retired. We have 2 standard poodles and I have JUST started to learn how to groom them. We have 8 grands, 3 of which are off on their own now. The youngest is almost 2 and I have been caring for her 2 days a week.
  • Sioranth
    Sioranth Posts: 306 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many!

What do you like to do for fun? Bike, kayak, numerous art mediums, read.

What major city do you live in or near? Washington DC
    State? Maryland

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get to Onederland!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Chill

2 fun things about you? I love terrible puns. I cannot live without pizza in my life.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm autistic!
  • stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? One

Read

Fort Worth, Tx

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stick to the plan and hopefully get down close to 200.

I don't know.

2 fun things about you? I am a beginning gardener and am trying to do more baking/ make things at home (stupid inflation)

• cynfit4life
    cynfit4life Posts: 67 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None on MFP, several on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Geocache, hike, watch Netflix. I recently joined a walking group in my city that explores different trails in the area.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, CA

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Post to the team boards daily and keep up with my team commitments for exercise minutes and LTGL

How would your pet or friend describe you? We have a dog and two cats, and they would say I'm warm, snuggly, and a soft touch for food and treats.

2 fun things about you? (1) I grew up in a tiny town of 8,000 people in Ohio. It was a stop on the Underground Railroad. (2) I'm going on a river cruise in April to see the tulips in the Netherlands with my husband.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm still figuring out MFP, so be patient with me! 😂
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    1, Spring 2022 was my first.

In the summer I enjoy camping and gardening. Year round I like cooking, reading, word puzzles, aerobics, and spending time with my grandsons.

20 minutes west of Albany, NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Hit my 5% goal, of course! That equates to about 9 lbs during the fall challenge. I also want to continue improving my balance and flexibility, as well as building a bit more muscle.

Quiet, honest, easy going, protective, dedicated

2 fun things about you?
    I love to bake (and eat) desserts but now I only do it when I can bring the goodies to someone else's house. I also love to travel but hate long car trips. If I can't take a plane, train, bus or ship I'm staying home. My husband prefers to drive so if I want to go somewhere more than a few hours away I usually fly and he stays home. He wants to buy a small RV and travel across country to national parks. Not sure how I would manage such a trip.

Anything else you would like to share? I retired in April 2019 at 57 years old and have been married to my best friend for 43 years (as of October). We have a daughter and 2 grandsons, 11 and 4. We also have a son who passed away 4 years ago and we miss him like crazy.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,141 Member
    Actually lost track, when Spark closed I lost that number..let's say several?

Garden, woodworking, hiking, play with my dog, read, knit / crochet, cook, watch a lil tv

Colorado Springs, Colorado

Build and maintain as healthy a body/ lifestyle as I can for as long as I can.

Pet-cuddle bug/ friend-loyal & truthful

2 fun things about you?
    I love to make people laugh....
    I like to talk to strangers in the store as if I know them..leaves them wondering who the heck I am and where they know me from!!

Recovering from LONG Covid..not a fun journey. Developed A-Fib post Covid..adjustment to that was tough..but I am a tough ole bird. I love this group..the support, fellowship and encouragement amoung the members is awesome! The theme of Progress not Perfection keeps many moving forward rather than getting discouraged.
    As always I thank all our leaders from El's to AOL's for their dedication and hard work !! You keep this challenge moving and it is appreciated greatly!!
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count! Did them on SparkPeople and now each one on MFP!

What do you like to do for fun? Read a book

What major city do you live in or near? State? In between New Orleans and Mobile on the Mississippi Gulf Coast

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose the 10 lbs. that need to come off to get me to goal

How would your pet or friend describe you? Forgetful, but sweet

2 fun things about you? I love to travel and I love to cook

Anything else you would like to share? I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 48 years, have 3 children and 7 grandchildren and 2 grandcats and 4 granddogs!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited September 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? The Summer Challenge was my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with friends and family; hanging out at a local brewery with my hubby after a long bike ride, trying out new craft beers, listening to live music, camping, hiking, long distance bike rides in fun places

What major city do you live in or near? State? Virginia Beach, VA (This is temporary for a couple years while my husband is doing a consulting gig. I work from home and have a challenging, but fun (for the most part), job.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to lose the 5% which is around 7 pounds. I'm very active but I eat to make up for it! I have lower back issues so my plan is to CONSISTENTLY add core strengthening into the mix.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Easy going; caring; loyal; fun

2 fun things about you? I love sci-fi and listening to podcasts. I also love the 1-2 year "working vacations" that we've been doing over the past several years. Our home base is Florida, but my husband will find a consulting job for a year or two in a new city (must be a fun one and close to one of our two sons). We really enjoy learning about the area, especially the history. Pittsburgh was one of my faves. I encourage anyone who hasn't visited to go! The city is amazing and beautiful. It is the city of bridges, and where three rivers converge. A must do is to take a ride to the top of Mount Washington in an Incline for the view of the city and rivers below. Also nearby are Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater, Fort Ligonier (amazing!), and Ohiopyle State park, plus much more. We're enjoying exploring Virginia at the moment (Jamestown, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Great Dismal Swamp). I'm really stopping now! :wink:

Anything else you would like to share? I'm very busy at work and it's hard for me to keep up with the comments and fully participate but just know that I'm here, will engage as much as possible and am looking forward to the challenge and being part of this community. Let's do it!
  • makingthyme
    makingthyme Posts: 72 Member
    On SP, I lost count, many. I was its_my_turn_now on SP.

Camping, hiking, reading, growing things, making things and learning new things.

I live in Western NY state. The Finger Lakes Region

To get lighter, stronger and more flexible.

She doesn't give up, even when she really, really wants to.

2 fun things about you?

My husband and I completed the Adirondack 50 Waterfall Challenge this summer. It took us two years but we did it! My husband refers to it as our pandemic project.

I love jigsaw puzzles!

My husband and I have been married for almost 30 years, we have 4 grown kids (his, hers and ours) and 3 grandchildren with one more due in November!

• skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 716 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I'm not sure but at least 9 but probably more.

What do you like to do for fun? Swim but I haven't had the opportunity to do much of that lately.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live south of Pittsburgh PA.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get stronger and have better balance.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I have no clue.

2 fun things about you? I love to travel and have driven across the country 5 separate times.

Anything else you would like to share? Not at this time.
  • debulaclark
    debulaclark Posts: 229 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've lost count maybe 20

What do you like to do for fun? Read, swim, go to concerts, play video games, entertain or be with friends and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in central New York about 3.5 hours from NYC and 3 hours from Buffalo

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I really want to tone up and get to a healthy weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, caring, loving.

2 fun things about you? I can be ridiculously silly when I want to, I love dancing with my first grade class.

Anything else you would like to share? Just a huge thank you to all the leaders and a hope and prayer that everyone reaches their goal.
  • luckydogfarm
    luckydogfarm Posts: 249 Member
    This is my 2nd 5% Challenge.

Quilt, rides bikes, make sunday supper fory family and friends.

I live in Tennessee, but the nearest major city is Huntsville, Alabama.

Get down to 185 for starters. Don't eat back the calories i burn off.

Bossy, determined. Don't get in her way! Have you ever eaten at the rendezvous in memphis? If you get in the waiters way, he sings "get the he** out of my wayyy".

2 fun things about you? I started nursing school on my 56th birthday.

Lately I've been riding my bike in my basement on a trainer. I've been watching weight-loss programs this summer while i ride. Gee are they ever motivating!