WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi all.

I did the Clutterbug test ages ago and am an out and out Bee! I occasionally watch her podcasts on YouTube.

Queen Elizabeth II was a remarkable woman. I was six at the time of her coronation, and watched it live on on a tiny B&W screen in the crowded front room of a neighbour’s house. I remember her first visit to N Ireland. Our house was on the route between Stormont Castle, and Hillsborough Castle, her official residence in NI.

King Charles III has a hard act to follow. He has just returned to Buckingham Palace, to be welcomed by a large crowd. He spoke to the crowd and shook hands with many of
    them.

☘️Terri
    #notanotherbbcspecialalldaybroadcast

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    edited September 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've lost 2.8 kg (just over 6 lbs) since mid-August. :)

We'll see what happens after this R&R weekend but I am hoping to keep the eating reasonable and the exercise as high as possible.

I think moving to this new job has helped. I am not tied to my desk as much and I've started climbing stairs again.

Machka in Oz

Congratulations! I still cannot lose an ounce (~32 grams).

Tina in CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,354 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!!!!! I got an email sail I reached the century club for raising 1k. I was at 920 so I figured one or two people donated to get me there. I just about crapped my pants. I got an anonymous donation for $400!!!!!! I am wondering if this was a typo. If it was anyone in this room could you let me know or send me a message?? Oh wow, that is the biggest donation I have EVER received in all my years of doing this.

Well done Pip! And well done to whoever sent the cash to support MS research!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Congratulations Pip- you deserve it my friend..
    Home from watching the little guy.. and I got Tom rhe name of a tree guy ,so when I went to go get Homer out the guy was there taking th e limb down.. but as I suspected and told Tom but what does an ex know the whole tree needs to come down as it is hollow and dangerous and could come down on the house.. but who am I to say.. so Joe will tell him..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Heartfelt condolences to all who are mourning the passing of Elizabeth II.

Note to self, take BP BEFORE monthly indulgence in bacon breakfast. :devil:

NSV, yesterday for the first time in forever, sugar was below mfp recommendation. Amazeballs.

Carla first week back to work is always exhausting. Hope you can take it easy at home.
    Karen that apartment in historic hotel sounds charming and well situated. Fingers Xd.
    Heather will try to channel you when interacting with god daughter’s kids. “Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips” Never thought of quitting as a life skill, but in retrospect now see it as a survival mechanism. :love: the pic of you at the coronation.
    Machka hooray for sleeping! Reading and cycling too, but mostly sleeping!!! :love: the self care memes, especially yours, but where is being with Rhody in the garden? Brava for the less sedentary job, stair climbing and weight loss!
    @grandmallie Allie here’s the Clutterbug test link. https://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test Let us know what you think!
    Pip better to know and do what you can … I am with you on choosing cataract surgery over blood thinners, especially since at least one medico said you could be off them. Grr. ConVERYgratulations on exceeding your donations goal. It sure wasn’t me ;}
    Carol please have your foot looked at. No wonder you cannot imagine walking a half mile. ((hugs))
    Vicki fingers Xd for the stress test, hope the results point to easy and complete solutions.
    Tina good advice re Karen’s brother’s SocSec card and Terri’s “don’t speak” when accidentally answering a spam call, and Carla’s monitor situation. Totally agree about insurance company clerks dictating health care and the ridiculous requirement to X-ray leg before MRI of the true trouble source, the knee. Sure hope whatever the issue is, they find it and get you to a good pt to fix it non-surgically.
    Debbie count me in with Kitaro. Noticed it getting dark earlier here too, makes me sad.
    Lisa and Evie amen to the armored underwear.
    Rebecca “dog remnants” the end product was not the first image that flashed on my mind… That looks like a very big place for your sister to maintain without him :cry:
    Kay and Viv, thanks will have to check out Dana, sounds like my kinda gal. Unfortunately my library doesn’t have hardcopy only eAudiobooks. Hoopla has I have zero freebies left this month. Kindle takes me mto Overdrive. Gotta pull up my big girl panties and figure this out.
    Michele Good, park finding grandma. Hope this visit means you’ll get to see PJ more often now.
    Rosemarie glad you were able to walk yesterday. So important for your self-care.

…and whooshing good thoughts to Barbie’s eye doctor. May he find whatever the issue is and have the skills and tools to fix it.

One fault in the clutterbug test. The question about a friend calling to say she’d drop in momentarily? My response was not in the choices: “Suggest we meet for coffee in town.” :laugh:

Done:
    9/8: Move: 0.2 sets pt, active mins:244 steps:4701
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 9+9+3+5 almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-kidney, cacao 70%, cashews, cherries, chickpeas-hummus, coffee, cornmeal in Fritos, cucumber, ginger-crystallized, orange-marmalade, peanut-sauce, peas-wasabi, pecans, peppers-sweet-orange, peppers-sweet-red, peppers-sweet-yellow, radish, romaine, soy-breakfast sausage, tomato sauce, tea, walnuts, wheat-pizza+bread+samosas+scone+Eng muffin. CI<CO=686
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, freezer purge bacon, cronut & chicken satay, fire district emails re ORS and ARP grant, Wt:138.0

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Congratulations Pip. You deserve it. (It wasn't me :o:p )

Had a nice Zoom today with my girlfriends. My difficult friend was otherwise engaged! >:)

Still attempting to conjure up publicity!
    If you have read my book and like it enough to give me a five star review on Amazon, please do so. I will love you to the moon and back.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 44min 19sec, 49elev, 3.41ap, 95ahr, 142mhr, 6.06mi= 552c
    Strava app 743c

Walked only, very little running, no gym today. Saving the legs for tomorrow’s MS ride. It would be much more fun if I was actually there :0(
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Barbara - Not just survival, a growth skill. Do listen to the podcast. I used to think soldiering on was good, now I think quit early is vital. I now know almost immediately if I am off course. I always have had an aversion to martyrs and complainers, like my mother. Now I know why. :p
    I was impressed that my DDIL changed her mind about the house renovation. I thought she was set on it, and the huge upheaval it would bring to their lives. Thank goodness she has decided on a more modest effort, still big by anyone's standards, but not overreaching. I admire her capacity to change track. She has made some big U turns and encouraged my son to take big leaps in the dark when he was unhappy at work.
    I also listened to a 'Barb Knows Best' podcast today about making decisions. I used to be soooo indecisive. Much, much better now. Never perfect, but....hey?

DH is not at all happy about sport being cancelled for the Queen. He grumbles non stop. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
  • cityjaneLondon
    Sue - Hoping damage is minimal. <3 Doesn't sound like much fun. :o

Roti - So glad you are out and about enjoying life. My family tried white water rafting in Slovenia and loved it. I would like to have a go.
    js4sfvvpk2dd.jpg
    Looks like fun. :D

DH still a bit grumpy over the royals. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34