WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    Back from overnight trip. No problems with MRI. They have changed things up a bit since last one I had-they have a mirror in top so you can see the window the tech is behind and some light so not nearly as claustrophobic. Test only took about 20 minutes so not so bad. Results not posted yet.

Had good dinner with friend-we went to an Asian Bistro. Visited for a couple of hours. Then went to pub at hotel and visited with work colleagues. On the whole a good day. Did not sleep well at hotel so I see early bedtime in my future tonight.

Surgery scheduled for pelvic floor/suspension, whatever they call it, for October 5. Need to get stuff in order here for that. Will have a couple of busy weekends, but will be productive.

Had large lunch at meeting today so not feeling hungry for dinner. I have had some pickled Brussel sprouts and a jello. May have a bit of something else light.

Saddened by the passing of Queen Elizabeth. I was born in 1954-I have never known a world without Queen Elizabeth. I know the monarchy is controversial, but I admired her as a woman who tried to make a difference but still respect tradition.

Going to go unpack suitcase and do a couple of small things so I don't fall asleep quite this early!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Got a donation in the mail, thanks lanette !!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Worked then cut the grass. Bought gas for the mower, now home to have dinner. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I just may go to the gym. I’ll go for my walk tonight

Carla – I question if ANYONE can be as great a monarch as Elizabeth was

SuebDew – feel better fast

Ginny – good thoughts for your surgery. I was born in 55 so I haven’t know anyone other than Queen Elizabeth

Michele NC
    who is off to take a shower and then probably work on the jigsaw puzzle
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Heather sorry about the loss of Elizabeth II.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Barb, you can learn a lot from just reading Dana's blog posts at aslobcomesclean.com. She has youtube videos, too. some people find them helpful. I love her, but she does tend to ramble. If I was new to her, I might like the youtube videos, but I find them too long. She has one where she goes through her five step decluttering process with her husband to help him straighten up his office that is supposed to be pretty good.

Actually, the audio books might be kind of cool. You could listen and clean at the same time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Barb, you can learn a lot from just reading Dana's blog posts at aslobcomesclean.com. She has youtube videos, too. some people find them helpful. I love her, but she does tend to ramble. If I was new to her, I might like the youtube videos, but I find them too long. She has one where she goes through her five step decluttering process with her husband to help him straighten up his office that is supposed to be pretty good.

Actually, the audio books might be kind of cool. You could listen and clean at the same time.

That's one of my issues with these things ... if I spent time listening to them or watching them, I would lose time to actually do the job.

I've liked/followed several on Facebook (and have unfollowed the ones I don't like). There, they'll post 5 quick tips to deal with something, and that I don't mind because I can read it on the bus.

Here, there are a number of professional organisers who will come to your house ... but they'll just tell you what needs to be done. Most won't get in there and help you do it!! I know what needs to be done. I need someone to work with me!

I did find one who posts tips and interesting things on FB, and might come out and help: https://de-clutter.com.au/

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    No caretaker here today and it was a long day. I try to appreciate every moment with my husband but the nursing tasks are very mundane to me. I found a new ALS support group on line that I am going to try. They will meet again in October. One problem is that ALS patients are in such different stages and so one doesn't want to discourage caretakers that are in the early stages helping someone by venting and moaning and groaning about the later stages. We do join in on the virtual GA Association ALS support group. We watched a Ken Burns documentary about Genes and I recently read The Codebreaker about genes. Very fascinating what will be done with them in the future. Scary as well.

Rosemarie from GA

That's one of the issues with brain injury too. Every brain injury is unique and there are so many different levels of brain injury.

My husband's brain injury is classified as "severe", but because some of his brain is unaffected, he can still do things ... like math, for example. His math brain cells are intact.

Our association has meetings for everyone with brain injury which can be quite chaotic, and even when they choose themes, some of the themes are interesting but some don't apply to us. We've stopped going to the meetings for the time being because they haven't really appealed lately.

It can be difficult.

{{Hugs}}

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited September 2022
    kp62ckr34ctz.png

Last evening, I read many chapters in my book.

Today, there was much sleeping ...

And then a walk and a visit to a flower show where I got my husband a dark slate hellibore.

In the photo above, that's a rhododendron.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    I've been so enjoying wielding my telescopic fluffy duster. One room at a time. It gets right behind and above things and I love to see it gathering dust and fluff. :p
    Little things please little minds. :)

I've also been slowly cleaning the oven glass door. Not been done since we moved in nearly four years ago. Baked on grease. I'm now down to the last few, stubborn spots. Trying to do it without harsh chemicals so I have been researching on line. It looks as if the very last bits are coming off with a dampened dishwasher tablet. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx in a cleaning frenzy
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Very sad news about the Queen's passing. What an amazing woman she was, working to the end, welcoming the new prime minister only days before.

She will be a hard act for King Charles to follow.

still catching up.

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2022
    I can't help but feel a little sorry for King Charles III, although it looks as if he is off to a very good start.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    ☘️
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,292 Member
    🌻🏵🌷

REBECCA ~ Happy Belated 38th Anniversary! <3