NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Tamevv Thank you. Yes, time to get moving! Thank you for your support! Measurements are helpful. Congrats on working hard and getting a PB! I hope you are having a good weekend, too. :)

@theslightedgeforever That's good to hear. I'm glad to hear from you. Now, if your sister would only chime in. ;) I bet the fair was fun. And hiking! You know I love hiking. I'm glad you got a redo on the one that got rained out. Congrats on the loss! Yummy fruits and veggies.

Hi all. I forgot to mention that the doctor also said that the medications I'm on for my bipolar II and anxiety are making me gain weight, that they are notorious weight gainers and cause hunger. He said I'm at my set point and basically said that the medications that I take will keep me there. I lost 0.4 lbs this week. It's supposed to rain hard here today. I am going to try to stay out of the rain. I do have to go get groceries and dog food.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Great morning!! Have had and won many battles with the people in my head already (it’s 9am). Started to give you the detailed run-down but it’s just ranting really, so the ending is that I beat my PB for calories burned on the elliptical and already met my daily goal. Taking DD out for a walk soon and morning tea - there is a juice place I want to try but depending on how she is it may end up being bakery, so I want to make sure I’m ahead. I’m also hoping to do a step class later this avo. It’s interesting that I burn the same number of calories by time and my heart rate is much the same, but I feel like I work a lot harder in the step class. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Great job! And great planning for the possible bakery trip. Have a great Sunday!

Hi all. It didn't end up raining hardly at all yesterday. I did stay in and made a Greek honey apple cake which was delicious. I might take the rest of it to my work on Tuesday and share it with my coworkers. Tonight at 6pm, we have a photoshoot for Daisy (our pug). The photographer said to be prepared to be in some of the pictures. I hate my picture taken!

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all- nice sunny day today in the 70's, so nice!! We are leaving in a little while to go to gs's first football game of season. (he's in 7th grade, turns 13 next Sat) Yesterday was cold & rainy but welcome relief from the heat we have had. I think this week is supposed to be hotter again.

@trooworld That cake sounds good. I made brownies because we had friends here on Friday, & now we have to eat the rest of them. Last time I sent some with them, but forgot this time. Oh well, it would fit in calories if I would avoid some of the other junk. Good luck with the pictures, sounds cute! Good luck with the prediabetes, I know you can do it!! That is one thing that I seem to have avoided, my concerns are more BP & LDL cholesterol. Need to get both checked again. That is a bummer that your meds can cause weight gain!! Are the forest fires anywhere near you?

@tamevv Good job with all the exercise!! & the plans for a treat within limits!

@theslightedgeforever We were in Minneapolis over Labor Day weekend visiting my sis & bil. Toured Fort Snelling & walked around the park near her house. None of us wanted to go to the State Fair, lol. They are the plant based ones, so ate what they did, other than the ice cream sundaes that dh & I & her son & his kids ate, lol. Sis & bil have more willpower than me. We had lentil sloppy joes one night & french bread pizza the other. Oh yeah, dh & I had a little cheese on our pizzas.

Not much else going on here. Still walking on the treadmill (hope it cools off soon so we can go outside to walk) & doing my "senior" exercises. Weight is staying pretty much in the same 2-3# range, need to get more serious to lose the rest. We did not have a pumpkin patch this year and I am so jealous of the pumpkins I see. Just going to have to buy a few, lol.

Well, need to get going. Take care & have a good week everyone!!
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld Good morning! I had a great day, but did not do the step class in the afternoon - just felt really tired and thought I might burn out if I pushed too much. Played a card game with the fam instead - just Exploding Kittens a nice easy one to just have fun with. It was a lovely quality-time-filled day. Am up early for my morning workout but still feeling tired. And hungry!! Which I’m taking as a good sign, and makes me look forward to meals. I did have some chocolate after dinner last night, but still came under budget if I allowed exercise points. I didn’t end up disconnecting my watch but am keeping track of budget with/without and paying attention. Today is one I should come under regular goal so that’s the “goal” for today. Your cake sounds awesome (as per usual with your recipes 😊) - inspiring as usual. A doggy photo shoot! One of my students worked with an animal photographer last year and the shots she took were amazing. Have fun with it!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @Tamevv Sounds like you are really doing well. Bakeries are my nemesis. I had to go look up Exploding Kittens. That looked fun.

@trooworld I think I'd be changing my meds if possible. Find some kind of holistic treatment. Either that or cut more calories and add more exercise.

@retiredandlovingit The lentil sloppy joes sound good. I've made lentil taco meat before. I told my dd that I needed to add that Fort Snelling on my list. That sounds interesting.

I've made good choices the past 3 days going to restaurants with family. salads twice and then chili instead of a cheeseburger. That way I get credit for my beans on my daily dozen. I didn't do much else today.

Yesterday 13/24 f&v: mandarin orange, corn, avocado, carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers, spinach

Today: 9/24 f&v: blueberries, celery

Exercise has been good this week: I did 5 days and today is a rest day.
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Wonderful weather! I'm sorry it's going to get hotter again. The cake was delicious! I love brownies. Thank you for your support. Yeah, it's a bummer about my medications. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist this morning and see if there is anything we can do. I don't *think* there are any fires near me but I wouldn't doubt if one pops up in this weather! Great job being consistent with the treadmill and your exercises. A house on my street has pumpkins growing on their front lawn lol. Have a good week!

@Tamevv Good morning! Yay for a great day! I've never played Exploding Kittens but have been curious about it. Can just 2 people play it? The cake was delicious! The photoshoot was fun.

@theslightedgeforever I made an appt with my doc for this morning. I'm going to see if it is possible. I really need to get this weight off. I'm walking more, so there's that. Yay for good restaurant choices, that's not easy to do! Excellent exercise efforts.

Hi all. My husband took most of the cake over to his brother's house for them to enjoy and there is a little bit here but I think I will leave it for my husband to devour lol. The photoshoot was fun and we walked a lot for it, all around a park and down on the beach. I work from home today instead of Friday, they needed help to cover someone that has jury duty on Friday.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• Tamevv
    Just reporting a win - busy day, came home tired and lethargic. Been craving “treat” all day. Knew if i faffed too long in the kitchen it would end badly. Cut up a banana, smooshed in some cocoa and sprinkled with crushed almonds. Sweet, chocolate, crunchy, filling - ticks all the boxes for now. Will see how I feel in another hour….
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv That's a great NSV! Congrats! I hope it lasted the rest of the night.

Hi all. I talked to my psychiatrist and we decided to take me off the medication that is causing weight gain. It's going to take 2 weeks to titrate down off of it but hopefully, it helps. I also had a victory yesterday: After work, I went for a quick walk by my husband's work before I picked him up. It was hot but I did it anyway. Luckily, the path is semi-shaded. I made a healthy stir fry for dinner last night.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• Tamevv
    Hi @trooworld. Nope, didn’t last, came back here now to update. First though, want to say well done on the walk around before meeting your husband, and I’m glad for you there is some decision on the medication front - fingers crossed it as a positive effect for you.

So I had a small run-in with the pantry tonight. Been brewing for days and I finally caved. Think it’s a combination of many factors (cold/tired/pms), but have journaled and analysed and think I can identify a couple of points I can use to pivot next time. We’ll see. Exercise still on track and tomorrows a new day. I’m off to bed 👋.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Hello everyone...I have been so distracted, that I don't even know how long its been since I have been on here..not that much has changed. I am continuing to try to find things to bring my BP down...and trying to figure a way to exercise in this house. I have too many different sleep styles in this house and trying not to wake "someone" isn't working for me. I am a morning person not an evening person....I have so been distracted I just remembered that I did not wish my BF a happy birthday yesterday....I have done that for at least 30 years...smh....I will text her today and move on. I have not lost any weight, but I keep hearing in my head...baby CONSISTENT steps moves the train...LOL

@trooworld I haven't went back and read all the post, but I do know you missed me..LOL. I have a daughter that is on meds that made her gain weight and her "dr" didn't seem to care...I don't think that person understood the mental component this had on her...so she changed dr's and got off the med...so I am happy your dr agreed to help you with this....

@theslightedgeforever you are doing great! I am so proud of the steps you have taken to get your health where you want it to be...

@Tamevv I think you too are making progress!!! You have been here and I have not...so see! LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am so glad you pop in and visit us. I was on another "actual WW group" many years ago and I have a note to send one member a birthday card next week....I haven't talked to her in years...but she came up in my calendar...so I am sending a card and check in on her..I never liked going to the pumpkin festival...so glad you do enjoy it and sorry you didn't get to have one this year.

Cbabei
  • Tamevv
    @cbabie Hello! Great to see you! Was wondering how things were going for you, thanks for checking in 😊. I’m a morning person too and I have always felt like I’d wake everyone- even just getting up and moving around so I used to lay in bed and be depressed about all the things I could be doing. Not really many suggestions I’m afraid, this last few months is the first time I’ve felt free to do it myself (new house/layout and kids older now). I do know the frustration and my only warning would be to be aware if it turns to resentment as that will not help anything In the long run. Hopefully today will be a good one today 😊
  • Tamevv
    Morning everyone, just checking in, I’m feeling good and doubled the length of my workout this morning in hopes of pulling back some of the damage from last night. Looking back though it wasn’t nearly as bad a binge as they used to be, which is encouraging. I even made progress on the personal guilt factor because I asked DH to make his own breakfast so I could keep going a bit longer. I always make his breakfast for him but he was quite fine to have a change today. I could have kept going longer but thought it might be too much all at once to get him to pack his own lunch as well 😊. Anyway so it was a good start to the day and I’m hoping to get a walk in at lunch today. Hope you are all doing well.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld That's good you got the cake out of the house. That certainly helps. Good news on the meds. Yaaay on your walk. If we start doing things that we don't normally do then our bodies will change.

@tamevv That's a great idea for a "treat". I like to keep some Sugar Free Hershey's syrup on hand and then add that to some milk when I need some chocolate if I'm out of my kisses. Usually I'm good with 2 Hershey kisses. It satisfies me. So instead of thinking you caved, tell yourself you made a decision and chose a course of action. Plus you analyzed it and now know what to do differently next time. Yaaay on putting yourself first so you could continue on your workout. I have been working on my guilt factor too with my hubby. I told him the other day Do you want me dead or do you want to take care of me? Cause that is what is going to happen if I don't start changing. He doesn't like when I eat salads when we eat out. He says eating out should be enjoyable and make you happy. I told him, I am happy when I eat salads cause I know I'm doing the right thing.

@cbabie Have you thought of using earpods while you exercise so they can't hear you. They may hear your feet moving but oh well, too bad I say....lol Why didn't you like going to the pumpkin festival?

Monday: 16/24 f&v cherries, mixed greens, corn, tomato, onion
    Exercise: 90 min

Tuesday: 12/24 f&v applesauce, tomato, onion
    Exercise: 90 min

• trooworld
    @Tamevv Thank you! I'm sorry about the run-in with the pantry. That's good you really thought about what happened and took something from the experience. That's good that it wasn't as bad as in the past. Have a good day!

@cbabie It's good to "see" you. I was worried about you. I understand being a morning person, I am too. You are right, consistency is what moves you forward! I did miss you lol. Yeah, the med that I was on was for anxiety and it was CAUSING me more anxiety because it was making me overweight! I'm glad, too.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, some is in the freezer but I will not get into it. I like what you said about bodies will change. Great job the past couple of days. Impressive exercise times!

Hi all. This is the longest week for me in a long time. It feels like it should be Friday already. I have to work in the library on Friday which is going to stink. But I think I will work 1/2 day in the library and then the rest at home. I will miss the afternoon traffic. I ordered a new Samsung smartwatch just in time: my Fitbit stopped charging last night. Fitbits don't seem to last too long. Mine usually die after a couple of years. I have a headache today. Hopefully, it goes away or I'll have to take something.

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• Tamevv

Hi all. DS threw us another spanner yesterday so I’m not feeling great emotionally. I did not resort to food though, and was quite surprised at myself! Today I’ve been making good food choices but I’ve been really hungry so calorie goal is not looking likely. Weigh in is tomorrow tho so this far have been a ticking to good things and only 5 hours till bed.

@theslightedgeforever I have rediscovered a nice dark chocolate - had been buying sugar free stuff for a while and it is okay, but I discovered a nice 70% cocoa is only 35cals per square, and it seems to be doing the trick this week. I have some thoughts and a rant has been building for a while about our various support personnel. I had a chat with my son a few weeks ago about how his “encouraging” me to eat “treats” actually felt a bit like pressure and made me uncomfortable. I know his intentions were to make sure I knew he loved me as I was and that I didn’t need to deny myself the things I wanted, but I needed him to understand that the thing I want is actually to be healthy and confident in my body - that is a lot more important to me. It was a good conversation and I think it was good for me too to be able to articulate my needs and feel a bit more understood myself. I’m really focusing on ways to spend time with people that does not involve food.
  • Tamevv
    edited September 2022
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv I'm sorry about that with your DS. That's great you didn't resort to food!

Hi all. My headache turned into a migraine and I took medication but it only made me nauseous and didn't take the migraine away so I went home for the day early. I slept on the couch most of the day. By about 5pm, my headache was gone but I was still not feeling great. I made Tuscan Bean Soup for dinner, it was delicious. Working from home today.

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Wow this was yesterday...I thought it posted

Morning all, well I guess it is really afternoon. I still have no exercise and it's not good...my BP was in the 160's today....so I really do have to figure this out. I miss my machines. Good news is cooler weather is coming so I COULD do more outside walking...LOL I am still fighting eating my emotions, but getting better at knowing it BEFORE I eat..LOL

@trooworld I have a Samsung smart watch, I like it. I had been a fitbit user since they very first came out..it was hard to change, I felt like I had done something wrong...Loyalty is a good and bad thing. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I have the TV on mute, so no noise, but you can hear my feet...I tried socks slid across the floor...so that didn't work...maybe when the mosquitos go away, I can start walking around my pool like I used to.. :)

@tamevv Thank you for the encouragement and yes I am trying not to let my emotions be one of resentful. I am just trying to say this is only a season.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi all! Quick check in before bed. All is going for the most part alright. Work is busy. Older dog probably has cushings disease has all the symptoms and youngest has partial tears in his ACL. He is getting laser therapy to see if surgery can be avoided. Hope all is well with everyone. Have a nice night! Missy