Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @trooworld I’ve been thinking about your struggle with meditation (you always seem to drink enough water but not be able to meditate). How bout each time you drink a glass of water (or your first water of the day, or your last - or whichever you do intentionally) that after you drink, you take 10 seconds to close your eyes and count your breathing, or count for 5 deep breaths - in and out, that’s all. It’s a start right? And it would count as a non-zero day 😉
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh Day
    Bethanie0825
    PW - 236
    CW - 238

In Charlotte for the weekend but already watched what I had for dinner. I'm bummed at the scale but it was my doing and I've already started being aware of what and how much I eat vs move.

Steps
    8th - 5074
    9th - 4688
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Hey, just wanted to check in. I’m not doing great at my 7 days in a row under calories goal… I overrate big time Wednesday night and tonight. The similarities both times included not drinking enough water, so I was really thirsty and confusing thirst for hunger, plus having sugary food from my parents house when picking up kids after work. Wednesday it was cookie dough… like 7-8 scoops, plus it was movie night with pizza. Today my mom sent us home with orange-cinnamon rolls. Dripping with frosting. Still HOT OUT OF THE OVEN you guys. Eating one for dinner became one and a half plus unmeasured handfuls of salted pistachios plus buttered bread. The cinnamon rolls were so good, but I should have eaten some dinner first. And drank more water. At least I got out of the house once kids were in bed and I ran more than two miles. I feel like the 7-day streak goal puts me in an all or nothing mindset (oops, going to go over today, might as well stuff my face!) so I’m removing that as a goal for myself.
    I feel your pain, Darren! Sometimes it’s so tough! Thanks for making us laugh.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Week two
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 258
    C. W. 257

I had a birthday this week. I turned 61 Thursday. I am so blessed by all of the love shown by family and friends! B) I'm trying to get back on my game. Let's go get it!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope you feel better soon.

@Tamevv That's a great idea! I will try to remember to do it. Thank you for thinking about me!

@happysquidmuffin Great insights on your overeating! Oh gosh, those cinnamon rolls sound amazing! Tomorrow/today is a new day, indeed! Hang in there!

@askewcr Happy Birthday!!! And congrats on the loss.

Hi all. It rained a bit yesterday but the heavy stuff is supposed to come today. I'm going to try to stay out of it lol. I lost 0.4 lbs this week. The scale is going in the right direction.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water but I didn't meditate.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Username: trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 232.2
    CW: 231.8
  • trooworld
    cjwwftqpwt2w.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    @askewcr Happy Birthday! 🎈

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 11K+ steps/day weekly avg ✔️
    2. Close exercise ring 5 days/week (4/5) ✔️
    3. Track water 9+ cups/day
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    PW: 165.8
    CW: 166

I realized I wrote this yesterday in my notes and forgot to post! Woops

Here is my weigh in for the week. I have been struggling with snacking this week and consistently tracking. It’s been a busy week but I did do well continuing to get some workouts in. Hoping to plan out more meals for the next week and prepackaged some snacks to help with boredom/ stress cravings. What’s your go to higher protein lower calorie snacks? Slaty and sweet!

Have a great week everyone!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,767 Member
    Digger61
    Sat
    PW 211
    CW 209
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The Sep Week 2 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sun, Sep 11th. Please join us for "Moving More" and staying active this week! Hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873477/september-week-2-group-challenge-moving-more-challenge#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • Tamevv
    Hi everyone, I’ve had a great few days, meeting all my goals and eating well. I have noticed that on days I do extra exercise I am quite hungry so it may not be realistic to restrict to myself to the standard calorie goal (no exercise bonus) on those days. Ideally I’d like to but will have to see how it goes. I still should be fine for 3 days per week because those days are always busy and I don’t have time for extra exercise anyway. And the days I do a lot of exercise I still come in well under the extended goal - sometimes by the hundreds!! - So I think I’m doing okay 😊

@leti126. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with snacking too. It’s a good idea to seperate into portions, I try to make grab-n-go baggies around 100cals each so I take it with me then leave the kitchen and it’s easy to keep tabs on. I don’t really focus on high protein, but my go to this week has been plain rice cakes. Not sure if you have them where you are, or what you call them, but they are really low calorie and feel like I’m having a crunchy snack. Some people hate them cause they are pretty dry. Will find or take a photo later.

@trooworld Congrats on your loss!! Hope the weekend is going smoothly - how’s the combining water and breathing going?

@askewcr Happy birthday! And well done for achieving a loss during birthday week!
  • trooworld
    @leti126 I hear you on the snacking. I love part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks, spicy shelled pistachios and salted/roasted cashews (I have to portion both of these out or I get into trouble), shelled edamame that I buy frozen and microwave, sometimes I'll take a few slices of deli turkey and a thin slice of cheese and roll it up and eat it. Have a great week!

@digger61 Congrats on your loss!

@Tamevv Maybe eat a little extra protein on the days you work out? You are doing great! Thanks for asking, I failed at water yesterday but I did do deep breathing in bed last night. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Hi all. I'm doing okay, we decided to get pizza last night. I had 2 slices, which is 2 slices less than I normally would eat. I did make Greek honey apple cake though and had a slice of that. I typically have one splurge meal and last night's dinner was that meal. I thought of you, @vegan4lyfe2012, this week, I am making one of my favorite vegetarian meals that could be made vegan: Vegetarian Chile Verde with Garbanzo Beans https://naturallyella.com/vegetarian-chile-verde/

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I didn't drink enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises while lying in bed.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

l3tbeelu63a2.png
    dv8k8ha9tvze.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    p252kj841ftp.png

By Pounds
    stns9iebs550.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zx81mkpql6e2.png

By Pounds
    gp54s3s0ust3.png
    rs07ovl4ac3z.png

Team Winners
    2hyu2mx9twre.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in September 11

Megnolia82
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    SW: 228
    PW: 221
    CW: 220

That’s a move in the right direction! It’s not quite as exciting as a big loss but if I can keep it up at a pound a week, just imagine where I’ll be in a year :)

• Tamevv
    @trooworld ooh I love the rolled Turkey idea - definitely stealing that one 👍. You added a breathing exercise - excellent work. And I’m assuming you had at least SOME water through the day, so it’s not a “fail”. I’ve decided I hate that word and am not acknowledging it anymore 😂. So you didn’t meet goal, it happens, but I’m going with the no-zeros plan, so as long as there was SOME movement, you’re still succeeding 😊.

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! Yes it is definitely on the right track - slow and steady 👍
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week two
    Sunday
    P. W. 276
    C. W. 286

I literally thought this week was going really good. Meal prepped and exercised and gained. Sigh
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @trooworld Interesting meeting with the weight loss physician, sounds like he had some answers for you. I hope you can get Saxenda covered, I'm not familiar with that one. A medication I take for inflammation is starting to go into the weight loss clinics as it helps with cravings and is used for addiction issues, I'm lucky at a low dose it seems to help me with that too though another friend who tried it didn't see a difference. Sounds like if you had something to balance the increased hunger it would help a lot, I hope Saxenda does that for you.

@happysquidmuffin Sounds like a good thing to try with cutting the streak goal. I had to do that with the mindset of good and bad or off-limit foods or else if I had one of the “bad” ones I'd get REALLY bad because I'd already crossed to the dark side.

@askewcr Happy birthday my friend! Let's get it!

@leti126 Hm, higher protein snacks in my case are usually cheese or roasted chickpeas, I try to get most of my protein in my meals. I used to get protein bars on trips so I'd have more protein while away. Greek yogurt is always good too and fairly high calorie.

@Tamevv Glad you're doing well! I noticed that too when I was ignoring exercise calories, if I didn't eat more after hard workouts I would want to eat everything in the house the next day. Even if I just ate a little more it seemed to help a lot and I noticed my workouts were better with a little more food too so eating a bit more and working out harder was worth it in my case. Your cake sounds amazing! I'm coming back to check out that chile Verde, sounds awesome.

Woohoo, we made the Leaderboard! @Megnolia82 you're on fire, 7lbs is amazing! Team winners Megnolia82 @shaunarlr83 @Vegan4lyfe2012 way to go gang!

@Megnolia82 A pound a week is awesome, wtg!

@19shmoo69 Hugs my friend.

Hi everyone, sorry for being MIA this weekend, yesterday was my Dad's 80th birthday and I haven't been feeling well so I'm not doing much and resting a lot. Having female issues again, my ovaries are definitely my most disliked body part (been dealing with endometriosis since a teen and had nerves burned during my first surgery so any increase in pelvic stuff with that and back fusions aren't fun). I'm trying one more thing (I'm on the pill to suppress my cycle but if I'm at the point where I'd stop having a cycle it can have the opposite effect which has been the case this last month) before I see my doctor to schedule a hysterectomy. I stayed up until 2AM reading Friday night, last in a series and it was really good so it was worth it. Didn't do the greatest eating, had a fall out with the head of the charity and I ate my anger then last night was dinner out and cake and ice cream. Back at it today though! I think after craving chocolate for a month finally having it helped a little. Let's have an amazing week team!
  • Morning all!
    Weigh in

CW 56 kg/123 pounds

This has been such a bad week weight wise. Between my birthday celebrations and my in-laws here to visit it’s been drinking and eating non stop, no wonder my weight has gone up a little!!!!

I do feel defeated. I’m going to take it I lost just a battle, not the war. I’ve been there already, I know I can be back on the game.

So new week, fresh start!

Happy Monday everyone 🎉
  • trooworld
    Shout out to the whole Mission Slimpossibles team for getting 2nd place on the leaderboard!!! Special mention goes to @megnolia82 @shaunarlr83 @Vegan4lyfe2012 for leading the way!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! Exactly, 1 lb is a great healthy rate of loss! Woot woot!

@Tamevv I did get some but just not enough water. That is a bad word to use and I hardly use it. Good points!

@19shmoo69 Keep up your efforts, the scale will catch up. Hugs, Darren.

@Katmary71 Yes! I don't think they are going to cover it, I got a message from my mail-order pharmacy saying they denied it. Unless the doc challenges it and can make it happen, we'll have to go with the alternative medication. Yes, I need something. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you had fun with your family. How fun to read until 2am! I'm impressed you held out on chocolate for a month.

@barbylucedistelle That's the way to do it. Hang in there. Just make the next food decision a healthy one. You've got this!

Hello all. The rest of the cake went to my brother-in-law's house for them to enjoy, all but a small amount which I will let my husband eat. The photoshoot for my dog went well, I got a little exercise in walking around the park and beach and hopefully, we got some good shots. I made some poor food decisions yesterday but am determined to make the best of today.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I didn't drink enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises in the morning which is a great way to start out the day.

This discussion has been closed.