WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,297 Member
    Karen ~ I love your brother's self portrait! You thoughtfulness is a blessing for him.

Tracey ~ Love the colors of the castle!

Annemarie ~ Hoping the new care giver will fill the bill and give you some respite.

Carol in GA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    💞🙏(((Katla)))🙏💞
    Sorry to hear about your husband 💞 Prayers for you and your family 💞
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Katla - so very sorry to hear about your DH. Please take care. Glad DD can help you.

Favorite nature sounds are thunderstorms and hoofbeats.

Much clearer today but everything here is covered with ash. We got the turnover ball out of the truck. Now we need to clean and grease it before re-installing it. The Bolt Creek fire is still burning. Evacuees are being accomodated at the fairgrounds. Red Cross is organizing space for people and they are also taking in animals. DD and I donated bedding to be used the larger animals.

I see the podiatrist today for my ankle. Hopefully he will give me the OK to resume normal activties. I have one more month of PT but only once per week instead of twice.

Congrats on getting the guitar, Karen.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Glad i got stuff done yesterday,Because Im feeling crappy with the allergies, so took the cold meds again..
    But Tracy did well first day of new job. And we went to Target and i got Miles a new carseat for her car,it was on sale,and they had a car seat trade in for 20 % off. So with the sale and the 20 % off we got 40 % off. So thats good.
    It will be a early night for me.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Oh, Katla. So worried for you. Many prayers are being sent your way.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Doctor called with final results and my heart is good. I have to get a handle on my stress level. Doing a lot of praying about that. One day at a time.
    Karen--I am feeling better, tests all done and my heart is good. Get news on the guitar for your brother. I am sure he will love it.
    Rebbeca--Your sister is so lucky to have you there to help and keep her moving. Grief does it's own thing and time line is different for each person. Does sound like she is doing well.
    Anyone heard anything from Kylie? MIss her.
    Heather--I have one of those dusters and use it a lot. I also have one for the ceiling fans I just got that is a loop and fits over the blades and cleans both sides at once. Just got that one last month and love it. Love the add-ons to the bedrooms.
    Sue--How scary to be getting ash. Please stay safe.
    Katiebug--Sending prayers and hugs.
    Allie--5 years since Gloria has been gone. I still remember her and miss you. Wonder how those grand children are doing?
    Barbie--My eye doctor does that test every year and I go the end of this month for my yearly appointment, so will get it done again.
    Rosemarie--Sending prayers that the new caretaker works out. Sounds like it could the answer you both need.
    Katla--I am so sorry. So glad your daughter is with you at this time. Sending prayers and hugs.
    All caught up again.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Last night my husband had a heart attack and stroke. He was taken to a local medical facility and our daughter and I followed the ambulance there. He was taken to a major hospital via helicopter. Today our daughter and I will drive to the hospital. We have notified our family members. This is DH’s second heart attack & stroke. We have been married more than 50 years and I’m praying for more time together.

Oh geez, I’m so sorry to be reading this. My thoughts are with you and your husband.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    <3Katla I am so sorry about your husband's new medical crisis. ❤🌞What a blessing that your daughter is there to help you💕
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Katla- thinking of you and your husband. Praying for his recovery.
    Been to book club today where we had an excellent review of “The Fiddler Simon”.
    Thankfully, it is cooling off in the mornings. May not have water aerobics if the temp is in the 60’s in the morning.
    Take care of you.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Katla our thoughts are with you as you face this new crisis. Many hugs!!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Last night my husband had a heart attack and stroke. He was taken to a local medical facility and our daughter and I followed the ambulance there. He was taken to a major hospital via helicopter. Today our daughter and I will drive to the hospital. We have notified our family members. This is DH’s second heart attack & stroke. We have been married more than 50 years and I’m praying for more time together.

(((Hugs)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    Family visit went well, but boy, had I forgotten how tiring it was to have 4 extra people to entertain.

This morning I had my gynae checkup, but still unable to have the repair done. They will look at it again in 3 months.

Katla: (((Hugs)))and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻s for you and your husband.

Tracey: 🥰🐉 beautiful colours

I’m sure there are others but I’m knackered and can hardly keep my eyes open.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

Ocean waves
    Cat purrs

I have one of the sound machines and this one lets you upload a sound- mine had cats purring- only thing that helps me fall asleep. It does have the usual preset ones. For me, the ocean is nice but I catch myself just laying there waiting for the next wave to crash.

Some of the free apps through the Microsoft Store have a cat purring. I listen to it at work. And I think all of them have ocean waves and thunderstorms ... and a whole heap of other sounds.

But I like the sound of real ocean waves .... the recorded ones are missing something.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Are the eye tests a few of you have mentioned called field of vision tests or something like that?
  • pipcd34
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Katla-I join with the others with prayers for you and husband and family.
    Rebecca-glad you are there with your sister. From what you have told us, her grief process sounds normal. Unless you have had that loss, it is hard to describe. I felt like I was suddenly placed on an island in the dark with no sense of direction. Time helps us move forward, and it is more than ok that we don't forget.
    Karen-your brother is indeed talented. The guitar was meant to be his! How exciting.
    Pip-way to go on the MS fund raiser!

Probably much more I am missing, but am tired tonight. Had a good day, got some things done in the house (a trashcan of wood from the old bar in basement is in garage to go out with trash). Also got dish washer running and bathroom cleaned, Enough for one day!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Ocean waves
    Cat purrs

I have one of the sound machines and this one lets you upload a sound- mine had cats purring- only thing that helps me fall asleep. It does have the usual preset ones. For me, the ocean is nice but I catch myself just laying there waiting for the next wave to crash.

Some of the free apps through the Microsoft Store have a cat purring. I listen to it at work. And I think all of them have ocean waves and thunderstorms ... and a whole heap of other sounds.

But I like the sound of real ocean waves .... the recorded ones are missing something.

M in Oz

I agree, ocean sounds best in person.
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    How does everyone deal with night eating? I have no problem trying to eat healthy and stay under the 1200-1300 calories limit to try and lose some weight. My problem is night eating. I get the munchies late at night around 11pm. I tried just going to bed but it’s difficult to sleep when you are a night owl and crave some junk to eat. I tried not to buy any junk food. If there is no junk to eat, I’ll grab a spoon and eat peanut butter out of the jar. I know this is a bad habit and it’s not good to eat late at night. I just find it difficult to get rid of this bad habit. Any suggestions?
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Walk in beach andw/family- 2hrs 8min 19sec, 2.18ap, 5.14m= 505c
    Strava app = 630c