Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week Two

Previous Weight: 175.8 lbs
    Current Weight: 174.8 lbs
    Loss to Date: 59.2 lbs

In the name of transparency, this was my weight from Sunday, after working out but before consuming a full meal. While I did step on the scale yesterday morning, and this morning, the muscle recovery bloat is all too real, and my brain would not do well with sharing a near 8 lb gain. I am tempted to move my weigh day, but I am still struggling to determine which day would work for me best. That being said, I am noting my weight every single day, regardless of when I weigh in, and will hopefully find one that feels the least connected to muscle recovery bloat, or sodium bloat, or...

I'm trying to focus more on what my body can do than what it weighs, but it's more of a challenge as of lately, especially since I haven't had any significant loss at all this year, and I'm all too aware that it's almost autumn. Sure, I can deadlift my own body weight, and hold a plank for over seven minutes, but that number on the scale is haunting. Have I recently received an inappropriate comment about my shoulder muscle? Yes. But also, I'm heavier than I was when I left for France, and something inside me very much wants to get back to that, regardless of how unhappy that person was.

All that said, the past week was pretty good from a health perspective. I'm on a regular gym schedule, I'm eating less junk, my energy levels are high. If I can hold onto that momentum, maybe my above complaints will take more of a backseat.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    Sun 3370
    Mon 2882
    Tue 3478
    Wed 3553
    Thu 5659
    Fri 5270
    Sat 3960
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    Steps 9/4 - 9/10

Sun 6795
    Mon 7857
    Tues 6330
    Wed 8616
    Thurs 8419
    Fri 6492
    Sat 10657
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Bumpbreakcar
    Thursday weigh in
    September Week One

Past Weight: 146.8
    Current Weight: 144.8

🫢I’m shocked and excited to finally see the scale move the way I want. I’ve been weighing myself daily and the fluctuations are crazy!!!

Seeing this will help me to make better decisions for the weekend for sure! And I’m sure this week’s challenge of moving everyday has had an impact, clearly something I should continue 💕
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    If I can hold onto that momentum, maybe my above complaints will take more of a backseat.

First, I want to start with what you can do is AH-MAZE-ZING …. You are goals girl!!!!

Second, hold on!!!! if you know you’re making healthier choices you will become healthier, and the scale will eventually drop! Just keep going

Always appreciate your transparency 🥰
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    weigh in Thursdays
    PW 150.3
    CW 150.3

Maintain is good. We'll see what happens after my treatment restarts tomorrow. Usually they give me so much fluids I bloat for a week. I am also getting IV iron since the last chemo obviously played havoc with my levels. And I am feeling so much better since the last treatment seven weeks ago. Guess I needed a break. I am getting a new combo of drugs - chemo plus immunotherapy which showed great results in a study.

You fellow "steppers" are reaching some awesome numbers. Hoping I can start moving and walking more next week.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Sandielewis2001
    Thursday weigh in

Past Weight: 185.6
    Current Weight: 186.8
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 9.15.2022
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

Pw: 217.2
    Cw: 217.4
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Weigh In Day: 9/16/2022
    PW (Previous Weight): 286.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 285 lbs

I'm happy with this loss! I feel like my body is adjusting to low carb so things are going to slow down weight wise, and I am now going on over four weeks being free of acid reflux! That to me is such a massive blessing!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    First, I want to start with what you can do is AH-MAZE-ZING …. You are goals girl!!!!

Thank you! I'm really proud of everything I've accomplished. Been at this for over five years now, I'm glad I have something to show for it. Proof that it's really the smallest things that make the biggest difference.

Second, hold on!!!! if you know you’re making healthier choices you will become healthier, and the scale will eventually drop! Just keep going.

Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to practice what I preach. Thanks for the reminder, I appreciate the support :blush:

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,187 Member
    GinLee61

Weigh in Day: Friday 9/16/22

PW: 180.7
    CW: 180

Not to seem ungrateful for any amount of weight loss, but I was really hoping to be out of the 180's today. I kept stepping off and back onto the scale hoping it would drop by just 1/10th of a pound. Oh well, I'm still thrilled to hit the 50 lbs lost threshold.

Have a wonderful week!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkrychy
    Fridays
    PW: 142
    CW: 139.7
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 193.4
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member
    September 11th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: September 4th - 228.0
    Current Weight: September 11th - 229.0

Well there is finally movement. Just not in the way I was hoping! :(
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Pw 153
    Cw 152

“ If you gauge your life on what other people think, you're going to be in a constant state of panic trying to please everyone. People should just concentrate on their own lives and their own health and their own happiness, and whatever that looks like for you, be happy with it.”
    -Kelly Clarkson

From the Motivation app.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 206.4
    Cw- 207
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW: 218.4
    Cw: 220

Sorry for my absence recently. I've been really busy at work and just keep losing track of days and time. Everything just gets away from me.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.
    My (short version) story
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. I got happy. Then I got fat. I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.
    I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit. Instead of maintaining, I gained back most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). The past year has been difficult for me because of the slippy joints—one of my shoulders slipped, refused to relocate and…well.
    August 2020, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse). After adding some meds, adjusting my diet a bit, and stopping coffee (so sad), I’ve got it mostly under control, with only intermittent episodes. Needless to say, if I'm dizzy, I'm not walking or doing anything else. Positive: since my neurologist recommended I take 500 mg of ginger every day, I have not had a significant dizzy spell—no extended can’t stand up, no puking…only a couple 30 seconds-2-3 minute dizzy that passes.
    The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad (anything high impact), and sometimes dangerous, for me. Sometimes people get down on themselves because they don't do the stuff everyone talks about HIIT, Insanity, stair steppers, etc. I not only don't do those things, I shouldn't. But I should exercise.
    I want to get about 30 minutes of walking a day at least during the week and because I have to walk to and from my car for work and all around the building to get to anyone I need to see or the ladies’, I usually get 15-20 by default. I try to get a walk in otherwise but frequently fail. Weekends are a mixed bag.
    Daily goals:
    • Walk at least 30 minutes a day. (I plan to start participating in the step challenge again)
    • Do some core exercises, joint support stuff a couple times at least a week.
    • 80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water.
    • Cut down on sugar and junk food.
    I want to congratulate all our losers for August! Small losses add up. Don’t get discouraged if you ‘only’ lose half a pound or pound. I am super proud of all of you! 😊 And several of you have maintained, which is terrific, too. Not seeing losses or not seeing the losses you want can be disheartening. Don’t give up! Think of all the things you have accomplished…you can do anything you put your mind to!
    Welcome to the team newbies! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
This discussion has been closed.