πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***September 2022 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Replies

• morgansfancher
    morgansfancher Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning all! If you are anything like me, the weekend did you no favors. Figured I couldn't be the only one that needed a little motivation. Anyone want to share what motivates you?

I will go first!

Originally, I was motivated to look good in the summer time and in smaller clothes. But over the years and after having a baby, the motivation has changed to fit in a size L rather than XL and to be happy when I look in the mirror. I miss feeling good about how I look and having a sense of confidence. Also want to model a healthy lifestyle for my little guy. Not necessarily the healthiest choices always, but a better balance.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,778 Member
    Good morning all! If you are anything like me, the weekend did you no favors. Figured I couldn't be the only one that needed a little motivation. Anyone want to share what motivates you?

I will go first!

Originally, I was motivated to look good in the summer time and in smaller clothes. But over the years and after having a baby, the motivation has changed to fit in a size L rather than XL and to be happy when I look in the mirror. I miss feeling good about how I look and having a sense of confidence. Also want to model a healthy lifestyle for my little guy. Not necessarily the healthiest choices always, but a better balance.

@morgansfancher Wow, my motivations? There are so many. I will share the most important ones as the other ones (looser clothing, looking more fasionable, confidence etc) are more obvious. I want to stave off health issues by getting rid of obesity from my life. I want to lower my glucose numbers and medications as I know the damage to my kidneys, eyes etc. is happening every day that it is not in control. I want to lower my risk of breast cancer return as my cancer was estrogen fed. Estrogen is stored in the fat cells after menopause so the more fat cells, the more food (estrogen) to feed the cancer. And I want to live a long life as I am caring for my (now adult in his 20's) autistic son who needs me for as long as possible.

Thank you for asking about my motivations. Reading back over them, I know today will be a spot on day. How important could donuts really be in light of my motivations? I can't promise that I will always be perfect (especially away from home when food is more out of my control), but there is NOTHING that is more important. I need to post these motivations on my fridge!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,778 Member
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 62 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

Start Weight (from Aug 31, 2022 ):200.0
    Goal Weight: (5 pound loss) 195.0

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01-198.8-(Trend Weight: 199.8)-

09/06-196.8-(Trend Weight: 198.9)- I just noticed that from (basically) the start of last fall 2021 to the end of the Michigan winter in 2022, I gained 12 pounds! I CANNOT let that happen again! In fact, I am STILL NOT BACK DOWN to where I was on Sept 19 which was 187.6 . 10 more pounds to lose just to break even. How sad. On a good note, I am starting to feel my hip bones poking out. They are still in there afterall.

09/13-195.8-(Trend Weight: 198.8)- I managed to pull off an overall loss this week with a big overnight drop. I had plenty of travel this past week and that made the week extremely challenging. I’m really trying and some days are just much easier than others. I can stay away from the restaurants most of the time when I’m at home. But when I’m on the road……….

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member

Seeing that number on the scale go down each week is what motivates me right now. I know that at some point it will stall and then I'll have to dig deep for some other motivation but right now....that number dropping is all the incentive I need to keep going. Finally out of the 300's and into the 200's!! woohoo!!!

TAKING OFF A SWEATY SPORTS BRA SHOULD BE COUNT AS RESISTANCE TRAINING

• MinMin5
    MinMin5 Posts: 27 Member
    I apologize for the silly question but is there an actual β€œjoin group” button? Right now this group is bookmarked and that’s how I find it to come back to.

Thank you,
    Mel