Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,224 Member
    edited September 2022
    @kayhryngc , Fall has not started (the goal is to start September 24, but there could be a delay) and anyone can join in on IBC at any time. We are in the middle of Week 2. My IBC team had a new member come on this morning. I see you were on the Tenacious Gr8ters team, which would mean you would be on the other team, Fit 4 Life in Gr8ter Shape. Here's the link to that team. Just request to join: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143534-fit-4-life-in-gr8ter-shape-in-between-5-challenge-teams

Tagging, @Dianedoessmiles1 , who is that team's leader to give her a heads up.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you for your support!

Today started out like fall, then turned to summer by the afternoon. Had to turn the air back on. Supposed to see temps in the 30°C range this weekend. Today got all planned workouts done. Feel so much better that I did them. Now to win the battle tomorrow. Also did laundry and got the dishes all caught up. This afternoon played 3 games of Skipbo with Hubby. Also started back on my school work again finally. For those that don't know I am taking fitness and nutrition through online. The biggest lesson I learned is not take a long break from school work in the middle of a chapter.
  • monamac2
    monamac2 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Happy Birthday, @Kurtize! edng5jg0gia0.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,944 Member
    HI All! SORRY I am sick, I'll be back when I feel better. We are getting closer to the Starting time!! Have you invited anyone who's not with us to the team? YEAH YEAH YEAH!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,099 Member
    It's 62 feels like 62 with a high of 87 for today. I AM: I know there is a better time than now. Daily reminder: Change & Momentum: They don't happen overnight…HOWEVER! It does happen one good choice at a time! Once meal at a time! One workout at a time! One step at a time! One day at a time! Create your positive change and momentum.--Sal Frisella 1st Phorm CEO Happy World Lymphoma awareness day!!! Action for Happiness: Find a caring, calming phrase to use when you feel low. Fitness quote for today: I've got 99 problems but a bench isn't one!--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: You are the creator of your destiny. You have it all that you need.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,761 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,933 Member
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny and windy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

@Kurtize Happy Birthday!

Today has been a beautiful fall day. Love being able to wear a hoodie with shorts 🤣 in the morning till I get to warm. All planned workouts done! 2 day streak. Also did laundry, dishes and played 2 games of Skipbo. Also got a little more studying done. Seem to be slipping into my fall/winter routine. But time will tell. I just pray that it sticks. I have figured out a few other things. Music is key to me working out and planning my day of meals the day ahead keeps me on track.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,319 Member
    Good evening all, thanks for the birthday wishes. DIANE hope you feel better soon 💕.
    We got our flu shot today. It's warm again.
    Have a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow 😀
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cseguin2 ,, throwing mine with yours. There's not much yet, hope you do not mind.
    @Kurtize ,, TY TY TY TY TY!!
    @Patti241,, HI!!

I am still and will be under the weather for awhile. I'll know more in a few days. Do not worry it's fine. Just a blahhhhh.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,966 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Only 1 more day and my son will be 18. Wow time flies. I am excited and nervous for him and he is worried. He doesn't want to be an adult yet. I explained that it would take time and that we will discuss thing as they happen so he can be prepared about it. So we will see how it goes.

@Kurtize - Happy Birthday. I hope you had a good day.
    @cormierannie - How many birds do you have and how long have you had them?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope you feel better soon.

Well it is time to get breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,933 Member
    Hi Diane.

Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,099 Member
    It's 59 feels like 59 with a high of 89 for today. I AM: I deserve to choose love and respect. Daily Trust the Process reminder: Change & Momentum: They don't happen overnight….HOWEVER! It does happen one good choice at a time! One meal at a time! One workout at a time! One step at a time! One day at a time! Create your positive change & momentum today.--Sal Frisella 1st Phorm CEO Action for Happiness: Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly. Fitness quote for today: Giving up is NOT an option for me.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.-Henry Ford Closed all rings on my Active 4 and has 13,230 steps yesterday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @cosmiccurves ,,, YUMMY!!! I can modify this for hot chocolate!! YUMMY!! SUPER YUMMY!
    @Tabatha_Cain, ,, you are a very good Mom. Indeed as when we turned 18 we weren't "adults" per say. It took us time to take on new things. As a baby he wasn't expected to walk, slowly he began to notice his arms, his legs, to play with them. Eventually he rolled over, etc. That's how I explained to my GD ,, "hon slowly you'll become one and when you do, want to please let me know how to be?" She laughed, but also realized it doesn't mean she'd not make mistakes, we all do daily. You are such a good Mom, he's fortunate to have you. ENJOY the weekend. TY TY TY for the well wishes. It may be a weird type of cold/flu, but likely covid. I was exposed over the weekend we had a huge BBQ. A woman came , stayed the whole time. On Friday she had said she had a cold, (texted) but another resident who had covid a month before told her "its probably covid, you sound like it's covid" but the woman choose to IGNORE THAT!! She tested positive on Monday AM. She was telling everyone (its a high rise with 92 units) "OH I have covid, but I feel better than if I had a cold." YES YOU FOOL YOU ARE A SUPER SPREADER!! I started with symptoms on Tuesday night. Thankfully that night I had not gone to a meeting I normally attend in person, I did it on zoom on Sunday I had done zoom also. We'll go from here.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Its nice and cool here now its 65 we have no more 80s in the forecast THANKFULLY!! Our highest in the forecast is 75 WOOHOO most of the forecast is in the 60s with night time lows are in the high 50s. I am so much happier with this!
    @Macrat12 how are you?
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Looking forward to fall challenge 🍁😊 I am totally enjoying the interim challenge time & getting to chat with teammates from other teams. Thanks for this new addition Leaders!!
    Smiles Barb
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,392 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I sure hope you feel better within time, and I sure hope your DR is ontop of this too. When I had covid, it started on a Wednesday night. Natasha and I were at the little park until about 10 up until then I felt fine, walked into my apartment and realised I had a soar throat. Took my night meds and went to bed. Woke up the next morning with what felt like sinus issues, but also a bit of a fever, and sores in my mouth and on my lips, fever blisters? salt blisters? My nose dripped like I had never experienced before so klenex was my next best friend. Aches and pains, and night sweats like I had never experienced before. By Tuesday the sweats were done, the throat was fine, BUT my ears hurt, even to put earrings on ! That continued for some time and by day 10 the nose calmed down but the mouth sores were still there. I used listern to clean my tooth brush and I also used Oral B Mouth Sore - rinced as often as I could and put some on my lips, they are only just now getting back to feeling like they are my lips and not something covered in netting. Natasha never came down with Covid, but GEne, my son, did. He had just has his booster 2 days before and then tested positive so that is when I tested and it was positive. However, I already assumed it was covid and did not go out unless necessary. I think we all experience different things with this covid. It also left me tired, very tired for some time. My arms felt like heavy weights I could barely carry going to Safeway when I was safe to do so. I have slowly gotten my energy back, the lips are almost back to normal. Keep track of your symptoms and if you have to write them down. I did tell my DR later, and he laughed when I said my ears hurt just to put my earrings in, I think it surprised him as a symptom not considered with covid. I still need 1 more booster but am debating that as many who got it also got sick! Not in the market for being sick at any time !
    @HealthyBarb1 I think its' really nice to interact with others that we barely get to interact with unless we are friends with them outside the 5% challenge. For the Fall Challenge I am moving over to another team, and I look forward to interacting with them.
    @Tabatha_Cain have you heard anything yet about your test ? I hope it rules some thing out of the running so to speak.
    Ok I have blabbered enough, time to get ready for volunteering I do, have a good one all.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,319 Member
    Good afternoon, happy Friday and weekend.

Today's affirmation: I have ready access to a power beyond my wildest imagination.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Healthybarb1 the chat is WILD, but so much FUN!! We love having you with us!! TY TY TY for doing so!
    @Lindiemaep ,,,ITs such a STRANGE illness!! No one is getting the same symptoms, but quite a few in common. It seems that the way to know it's likely Covid (not fast set rule here of course) is if your symptoms do not fit a regular cold, or the flu, it's likely Covid. Since I was exposed I am quite sure this is it, though it's still only been almost 3 days, and early to have a positive test though my Dr had insisted so we could go from there. UGH on your lips, that just sounds so PAINFUL!! SO PAINFUL!!! A friend did my shopping, but we were so super careful!! For her to use my card, it meant disinfecting it (easy) before I did that I triple masked, and wore gloves after first using hand sanitizer. I tried instacart, but my poor brain wasn't working and I didn't do it right. I have NO CLUE how those who live alone get things done, if they can't afford something like instacart or if they do not have anyone to help them. Glad you are feeling better. We WILL MISS You on the PS4L team, but another team WILL love having you with them. Especially since on Sparks you were with many of them. That's so neat!! You'll all be a dancing!
    @Kurtize,, enjoy the weekend. May it be so nice out for you!!