WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    HAHAHA! Yes, still employed Lanette. In fact, she never even answered me. SO frustrating. But VERY long story short, had an issue with printing the other day and the tech guy from our building came to my office yesterday, saw my set up and said (in not these words) "WTH?!?" I told him my long story and he was slightly familiar with the tech ticket that had been turned in LONG AGO. (but nothing done about it) So, 1-he said he'd get to working on it and 2-he said that if they didn't get it figured out soon I could use his monitor bc he never did. WELL, lo and behold, about 10 minutes after I got home from work, I got an email from tech and ALL MY NEW STUFF is at the building and when can they come set me up tomorrow? (today) WOOHOO!!! So I'm off to work early today to buy donuts! LOL

Katla, I'm so sorry. It's very hard to be away from the one you love. Sending big hugs.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

I've found that you've got to go directly to the tech people to get results. In fact, it's good to get the name of a good one within your organisation ... someone you can go to for tech stuff.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Yes, I was always told, butter up the tech people and the secretaries, they are the people with the power. :D When I had cancer, the most important person was the breast cancer liaison nurse. She could work miracles. The surgeons were putty in her hands.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    (((Katla)))
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    Carla ~ So happy you got the equipment you need for your office.

Rosemarie ~ Hugs

Katla ~ As the others have said, you can probably get the assisted living place to arrange transport to visit your husband. My brother-in-law had that available to get him to dr appointments for a while.

Karen ~ I love the Taxco pendant!

Kelly ~ I am sorry you are having trouble filling up your part time spots. From all the photos you have posted, it looks like the children have wonderful times in your yard and on the walks.

Doing nothing special today. Will watch the granddaughter cheer Saturday if I can make myself get going early enough.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,284 Member
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Katla--Sorry you are separated again. Is there a bus or van or something at the place you are living that could take you to visit your husband? Saying prayers for both of you.
    Tracey--Your new piece looks like it will be fun. Looking forward to seeing when you are done. Halloween and then Christmas will be here before we know it. Our oldest grew his hair out when he was in high school and it was very light blond. He then decided to stripe it with kool-aide. I kept telling myself it is only hair. His youngest daughter is following in his foot steps and colors her hair different every couple weeks. Guess it is a way to express themselves.
    KJ--If those parents only knew that you teach the children so many useful things and use their imagination. It is their loss.
    Carla--Glad you finally got your stuff, and hope they get it set up like they said.
    Betsy--Welcome back.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :) [b]Kelly, It might be a blessing that those snobby critical people didn't put their kids with you. They might be more trouble than they are worth.

:)Betsy Glad you are safely back in Washington

:)Carla Good news on the new equipment.

<3 Barbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited September 2022
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Tracey- I love the pumpkin ceramic! I can't wait to see the finished product! You are so talented!
    Katla- I am happy your hubby is getting help with the recovery. Sorry about your being separated for the time being. If your assisted living community doesn't offer a transportation system, have your daughter look into your town/village's transportation options. I live in a small town, but we have little mini-buses (Harbor Transit). You call to schedule a ride (remember to schedule your return trip as well) and they come, pick you up, drop you off. etc. Ride cost is minimal. Most businesses like this one will also allow you to set up rides at the same time every day.
    Hair- My DH absolutely hates seeing long hair on little boys (or teens, or men for that matter). I am of the opinion that if a girl can have a short haircut, then a boy should be allowed to have it long. Hair IS a way for people to express themselves. I just ask that whether boy or girl; get it off the kid's face and out of their eyes! I have seem so many little girls struggle with tasks because their pretty long hair is in their eyes, mouth, etc. Syrup, glue, food, paint, everything gets in it when it is down. I also don't mind the fashion of men wearing skirts/dresses/heels or make up. Fashion always changes. What's good for the goose...

I am a bit depressed. I have four part time spots open (M,W,F) and am having a hard time filling them! I have had two families come to interview so far. I think the main reason I am not getting responses is because the kids have to be over 18 mos old. I also think people are a little put off by my more "rustic" back yard. I have a garden, a bare wood structure "tee-pee" that I have harvested all of the green beans and plants/vines, a fire pit filled with flowers, a child sized table, toy storage, and some open spaces under trees designated for imaginative play. Not your average child's play area; but more open ended. People around here are very put off that I don't have a play structure or two. (There is a playground and beach across the street) Oh well.

Kids arriving. I better fly. Welcome new girls! Jump in when the conversation strikes your interest! ttfn xoxoxo KJ

I remember the stress of finding new families when I was doing daycare full time. Trying all different ways to get my name out, having interviews that seemed to go great, some even said they really liked it but never heard from them after that.
    Thankful that I am just doing the one family at a time now. 40+ yrs of either teaching preschool or doing daycare wore me out- it was the 55hrs a week for 5 yrs with the triplets(started at 3months old) and another boy who was here part time, that was it for me. I am hoping that when the girl I have starts first grade next year, I can take at least 3 months off then find another family. DH wants me to keep doing it for the tax write off. That annoyed me until he actually told me how much it was and I understand(still want to retire completely. He did tell me 3 months ago I could do it IF I took care of his mother full time- NOT happening- I will go find a full time job plus do the daycare before I take care of her.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    OK, sat long enough- Need to get dressed and go clean the back deck- the coons had a party back there- both water dishes for the cats are full of mud, muddy foot prints all over, cat food dishes all over the deck.
    Having lunch with my former brother in law- he is heading back to Indiana tomorrow.
    Praying the price on his parents house goes up- less than 4 hrs left and only at 130,000. There was an offer a week and a half ago for 160,000(market is 180,-210K) but they opted to keep the auction going- hope that doesn't hurt them in the end. No way of knowing.

No walking for me today. Back(sciatica) still hurting but not as bad. Maybe I should walk or do some zumba- that seemed to help yesterday. Just feeling tired/lazy today- my day off.

Have a great day ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Hi Betsy!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited September 2022
    Welcome @Sherryann_406 from Montana! Lots of support here and you’re not alone on working on that budget.
    Welcome back @Teresa1121 from NY. The gals on this thread are the most supportive, wise and compassionate gals ever. Many don’t do the “friend” thing, just support each other here.

Tracey gorgeous dragon and :love: the smiles, yours, Jonah’s and Michaela’s! I’d be scared about surprise $500 item in my Amazon basket. Scared and pi$$ed.
    Rosemarie truly hoping the nurse understands your husbands needs are her job and not the tidying up.
    Lanette that “kitchen drawer sorted” pic made me snort my tea! :laugh:
    Katla watching a hummingbird at our feeder and thinking of you. ((hugs)) :cry: prayers for you both. Can you FaceTime with your DH until you can get a ride to see him? ((hugs)).
    Carol, well done! Hope your “itch” is communicable, I need to catch it. ;)
    Karen what Michele and others have said about the blessing you are to your brother. Had to stop a moment though when you found a writing desk for him, at first I thought you’d found it in all your accumulations… ;):love: that you can find fun in writing descriptions of treasures for auction. No accounting for tastes…
    Rebecca hard to set boundaries with your sister at this time of grief, but better to be safe and only drive what you’ know, than trying to tough it out and wreck a truck . Brava.
    Rita :cry: ((hugs))
    Pip WTH indeed. Good for you, for no more blood thinners but most of all for getting it in writing :naughty: Smooch that pooch!
    Lanette “easier to leave things the way they are. . .” truth this.
    Debbie hope your DH can give you the quality time gifts you want most. Hart time. Stick to your guns about care-giving for your MIL. NOT an option.
    Allie and Machka praying there is a van at Katla’s as you suggest.
    Mary brilliant suggestions to Katla. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Sue that’s two too many “OW!”s for one day.
    Ginny your “…take care of you…” to Katla, amen, sister amen!
    Machka :love: the “split seconds of gratitude” meme. My first sip of tea each morning pulls a big grateful “Ahh!” out of me every time.
    KJ great idea to for Katla to schedule daily rides at the same time. Astounded those parents can’t see the magic your rustic play areas offer. With so little imagination of their own, their kids really need you!
    Carla Woo HOO for the good tech guy. Brava for bringing the crew donuts :devil:
    Betsy welcome home, you were missed. Lots to catch up on. Looking forward to hearing nabout your Alaskan summer.
    Annie so sorry to hear sad news about your best friend.

Barbie, the second best time is. . . oh yeah. Time to leave the laptop and DO some decluttering NOW.
    Or maybe after walking the dogs ;)

Done:
    9/14: Move: 2 sets pt, mins line dancing active mins:288 steps:8426
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far:13+1+7 almonds, apple, beans-cannellini, beets, carrots, celery, corn-kettle corn, cucumber, lemon curd, maple syrup, mint apple jelly, peanut butter, parsley, radish, romaine, soy veggie sausage, spinach, tomato sauce/juice, watercress, wheat-Eng muffin/tortilla, tea. CI<CO=546
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, fire district meeting prep, massage, library Hoopla, fd board meeting. Wt: 138.5

9/13: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, 60 mins line dancing. active mins:298 steps:7404
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far:13+1 apple, beans-cannellini, corn-kettle corn, cucumber, lemon curd, maple syrup, mint apple jelly, peanut butter, radish, romaine, soy veggie sausage, tomato sauce, wheat-Eng muffin/tortilla, tea. CI<CO=1204
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, sandwiches for the hungry, 34 mins grooming Tumble.
    Wt: 139.3

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,750 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Took care of my boy today and then Homie and went and returned a printer to Walmart and bought a couple things
    Came home and got jammies on..
    My friend from Florida who I havent seen in quite a few years that lost her DH last year will be in town on Saterday so we will get together for lunch,which will be nice.