CW 231.0
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 169.7
    CW: 170.1

+0.4

Really not happy to see that 7. But I got this.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - will keep praying for Joe. You've been through enough scary stuff already and don't need anymore. Let us know if you found anything cute for you.

@trooworld - hope your headache is better today. Bet you are excited to get that watch!

@laurelfit57 - good work on getting in the exercise while taking it easy on your back.

@Tamevv - What a great week and a nice loss! I need to do what you're doing!

@Katmary71 - ditto what I said to laurelfit57

I'm definitely not in for the radish sandwich. Never cooked a radish- not sure how I feel about that. Do you roast them whole or cut them into similar size pieces? I absolutely love roasted veggies!

Happy Friday!

Lisa

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Hello! I hope your day is going well, whenever you see this :)

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement after my photo shocker lol. I absolutely agree with everything everyone said. People treat me kindly and with respect. No one has ever recoiled from disgust when I approached them hahaha. Children don’t run screaming. I guess I’m not quite so bad 🤣 also, I will absolutely use that photo as motivation to make a change and stay the course!

This morning I had a nice little NSV: my jeans did up easily. 10 pounds down to make my clothes fit again. I haven’t put on jeans since last weekend so it’s a nice checkin point as I always wear jeans on Friday. I know they will
    feel even better next week :)

Ok gotta get the kids up for the day! Have a good one! I’ll talk to you all soon :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'll be thinking good thoughts for Joe, I hope you can get some answers and then you can deal with them. Hugs, Teresa!

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss! And great efforts/results on your weekly goals! Yeah, I am going to step up my water efforts (although I did get enough yesterday). My new watch comes today, I'm so excited! Yes, it is fun to get new things! :D

@laurelfit57 I get them a couple of times a month, thanks. The fact that Fitbits only seem to last a couple of years + I have a Samsung phone so I like the Samsung ecosystem + more detailed sleep tracking without having to pay for premium = why I am switching. I have Samsung earbuds, too, so it will all nicely go together. Sounds like you are back on track, doing what you need to do! Yay!!!

@Katmary71 Yes, lol! Yeah, it's always a trade-off: do I want to gamble and take the meds for the migraine and it MIGHT work but leave me nauseous? Or, do I just suffer through the migraine not nauseous? I usually try the meds because I'm so miserable when I have a migraine. I am very excited for my new watch to come. It definitely gets good reviews. The only thing is that you have to charge it more often: about every day. But, it doesn't take long to charge. I hope you can do the 10lb weights okay and it doesn't hurt your back. I hope you can work through the board misunderstanding. That sounds uncomfortable.

@Cornanda You do have this!!! <3 My headache is gone and I feel great now. Yes, very excited for the new watch to come! It should be here this afternoon. I've air-fried radishes, they are surprisingly good that way! I cut them in half and air fry them.

@megnolia82 What a great NSV! Congrats!

Hi all. I didn't get a walk in yesterday, maybe will get one in today. I'm excited for my watch to come today. I'm working in the office 1/2 day and then working the rest of the day at home.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises in the morning.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2022
    It’s been a while since I checked in but I think I finally caught up on reading the posts. I’ve been helping my cousin with bridal alterations which was supposed to be occasional but hasn’t slowed down since March and we still can’t keep up.

@Cornanda I LOVE radish sandwiches! They’ve been my favourite since I was a kid. Crunchy and refreshing. Now you have me wanting one. I’m going to grab some fresh radishes from the market and make a trip to Costco to pick up more Carbonaut Bread (2 gr of net carbs Per slice and it has the texture of real bread instead of pressed sawdust). @TeresaW1020 I’ve never heard of roasting them but I’m definitely going to try that.

Well…my progress has been slow. Soooooo slow. 6 months of no sugar or refined carbs other than the occasional slip, 2 months in mild ketosis and 6 weeks of lifting weights 2-3x per week. My A1C stayed the same over the past year which really baffled me, some of my cholesterol markers were up some down but all under target and my lymphocytes (leukaemia) were way down so that’s a plus.

The more I learn the more I realize that almost 3 decades of insulin resistance can’t be fixed overnight but feel like I’m on the right track with low carb, more sleep, less stress and more intense exercise. 🤞Hoping that if I stay the course I will see some results

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Happy Friday, my peeps! Yews guys are so funny about the radish sandwich. It’s a tea sandwich…white bread (no crust), a little butter, radishes sliced razor thin and a light sprinkling of dill. That’s the secret…dill :) They are scrumdiddlyumptious with a full bodied black tea.
    Bought groceries last night and got a LOT of fresh produce...ready to rock the weekend! @trooworld – gonna make the Chile Verde recipe tonight!
    I haven’t been logging lately because I’m just not liking the Healthi plan I’m on. It’s so hard finding the right plan when you’re vegan. Like I think I just want to go back to counting calories, which I could just do here on MFP. My quandary is that MFP gives me a daily calorie allotment of 1,360, but the Healthi app gives me 1,530. My FitBit is connected to both, so they both show the added exercise logged. I don’t know what I should go by…any suggestions, anyone?
    50x50 & No Zero Days

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - yes, yes we do!! 🤩 Thank you again and again! I love her, she even messaged to check in on me when I missed a couple log in days while at the hospital!! I’m sorry y’all are still looking for answers 🤗 hope the shopping helped!

@broncobuddee - thank you that works just fine and I’m so sorry! I didn’t get home as early Wednesday as I thought and ate before remembering to weigh yesterday.

@Tamevv - great job on the loss and goals!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

@trooworld - I feel your migraine pain, luckily my last headache didn’t turn into one. I noticed a couple years ago if I drink plenty of water they stay away. Also I loved my Fitbit so much, my husband got me an Apple Watch for Christmas 2 years ago and I cried, not bc I like the watch but bc I knew I had to say goodbye to my Fitbit! 😂😂😂 I do love my watch now as it tracks more than just steps but I miss those steps a lot. I’ve added in a steps app but it doesn’t excite or motivate me as much as the Fitbit did.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I’m so sorry your mom was that harsh. My mom has only said things similar to that when it comes to my husband and I get where she’s coming from there. I think she actually realizes and appreciates that I was there. We’ve had a much better line of communication since.

I’ve never had a radish sandwich, but the way you describe it makes me think of a cucumber sandwich, which I’ve also never had but always thought sounded good for some reason 😁 At our last family get together I watched my niece (10) make and eat a cole slaw sandwich, she said she had never had one and went back and made another so I guess she liked it!!! 😂😂😂
    I have roasted them before for a potato substitute but really love doing the turnip roots that way!!!

Great NSV and sorry about slow progress, and trying to decide on the right program. Hubs is rushing me for lunch now and it’s my time to eat for the day so I’m gonna run but wanted to stay caught up. Workout and steps was push mowing almost half of my yard yesterday and I’m about to get back out there and tackle the rest!!!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2022
    I re-read (ok it turned into skimming again...) the whole September thread and made a quick Word doc of the people I recognize/who usually post alot/etc to help me stay caught up. Thanks to @shaunarlr83 for the inspiration. The last time (yesterday) I went over my calorie goal, it was only by 100 calories. I need to get past a few more days and continue to "behave" and then my weekly calorie average will be back on track for slow, steady weight loss.
    Big NSV this morning: This morning I put on a stretchy-waist black skirt that I've owned forever. Haven't worn in 1.5 months or more. Discovered it's super loose now. I'm legit slightly worried it's going to fall off if I'm not careful. Wore it to work anyway. Adding a new black skirt to my wish list!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 244
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2022
    @megnolis82. Great feeling about the jeans - and good timing for a pick-me-up. Good work 👍

@teooworld - your checkin reports BOTH ticks! Yay for you 👍😁👏

@Jactop You made me laugh with “pressed sawdust” 😂. Very accurate for a lot of them. I haven’t made it to the shop yet but they are on my list today, I’ll be having on dark rye crisp bread - super thin and delicious. Im inspired that you kept your health routine up for 6 months - happy anniversary. It motivates me because I’m just wnding my second month of consistent workouts and keep waiting for the crash or self-sabotage to happen. I’ll be sure to celebrate WHEN I get to 6 months too 👍

Oh @Vegan4lyfe2012 you just ruined it for me!! I hate dill!! It ruins everything it touches!! 😂. And I was so looking forward to my lunch as well (insert “pout” emoji. - incidentally, does anyone else have trouble with interpreting emojis sometimes? The kids tell me it’s just me being old. But DH agrees and refuses to use them at all because he doesn’t know the subtleties of how they will be interpreted by the receiver. But I think they’re fun 😊). Regarding suggestions so much is personal preference, but for me - I have dropped everything else and just focussing on MFP. I found it too overwhelming and time consuming to input into multiple things, not to mention stressful when they didn’t agree. I figure sticking to one gives me consistency and it is working for me and I feel comfortable and confident. If that changes I’ll swap to something else - sometimes you need to change it up to move forward, but I’m a fan of giving one thing my focus and commitment - means my energy and focus are not divided. But that’s just me 😉

@shaunarlr83. I have an Apple Watch and it does do steps - daily, weekly and averages. Do you have the fitness app downloaded and connected on your phone? I love my watch, more now than when I first got it. I got it initially because I needed immediate notification when my phone pinged to be able to check if it was a child (we were having some issues) but now I use it for exercise mostly. Have even taken a couple of calls on it when my phone wasn’t handy but I needed to answer - very “Bond” 😁. And I fully support your niece - can verify that coleslaw sandwiches are awesome, especially with a bit of roast chicken breast.

@happysquidmuffin Laughed at your skirt issues 😂. That’s awesome - what a novel thing to be worried about 👍

@davors19 great job on your loss!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    PW:166
    CW: 166

No lose but no gain! For me that’s a win this week. Thank you all for all the snack suggestions! I do like the rice cakes and have been doing turkey and cheese roll ups. Also yogurt helps to keep me full longer. Anyway, this was the first full week back with kids at school and it was definitely hard to stay consistent and I wasn’t perfect.

Have a great weekend all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @Cornanda I've done both with roasting, just don't expect them to taste like potatoes but try putting some in a mixed roasted veggie mix, I wasn't expecting to like them at all but I did once I stopped thinking of potatoes.

@megnolia82 Perfect time for a great NSV after feeling down about the photo, that's wonderful, rock those jeans!

@trooworld Did your watch come? You'll have to go for a walk just to use it! Rockin the fall challenge!

@Jactop Great to see you! I'm glad you're feeling you're headed in the right direction overall with low carb, it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I follow diabetes groups and a lot of times people decrease their A1Cs real fast with small changes and that was NEVER me, it took a lot of weight loss, working out daily, and changing how I ate to be able to come off medication. I don't regret it at all but it definitely took time and work. Keep it up, you got this!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You definitely made the radish sandwich sound good! I love dill too, yum! How are you doing with weight loss at 1530? If you're doing well there just do what's best for you, you can always go in the middle of the two and see how it goes then adjust after a couple weeks.

@shaunarlr83 Cucumber sandwiches ARE real good, boy we need to all meet up at a tea shop and eat some sandwiches and have some tea! Good luck with the mowing!

@happysquidmuffin Oh boy be careful with that skirt, congratulations on it being loose, can you tighten the waist with a safety pin? I actually almost had my pants fall when I was at college not wanting to buy new clothes until I lost more, that would've been mortifying being way older than all the other students to lose my pants.

@Tamevv I have trouble with emojos, they're hard for me to see the little details sometimes. Not sure if that's what you mean though.

Hi team! Doing better as I lowered my medicine last night and my headache is a lot better thank goodness. Did my workout, went to Sprouts after my shower for some produce and scored some tea on discount and some seasonal teas, with the cooler weather I'll be having more hot tea. Planning on the farm tomorrow, have a great Saturday everyone.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    @Katmary71 I’m sure I could use a safety pin on my skirt in the meantime.
    Radish sandwiches… I have no idea if I like radishes or not. I’ll have to buy one and try the sammich idea. I hope they taste totally rad. And not just rad…ish.

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 11K+ steps/day weekly avg (10.2K avg)
    2. Close exercise ring 5 days/week (3/5)
    3. Track water 9 cups/day (9,7,7,13) = 9 avg ✔️
    I believe I can get a check for all three of my goals by Sunday. Tomorrow I’ll be doing the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in my city. I think this will be my 5th time doing the walk! 2017-now, minus 2020 cuz there wasn’t one. Here’s hoping for Alzheimer’s first survivor. Miss you, Grandma Weber & Grandma Reeder.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Jactop And I’ve never heard of eating them on a sandwich and now need to try that! :) We have a Costco opening here in November! I will have to try that Carbonaut bread. I’ve tried others and haven’t liked the texture at all. You are right that you can’t fix insulin resistance overnight, so just hang in there and keep doing what’s working.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhh I love dill and will have to for sure add that to my “tea sandwich.” I have no suggestions about tracking since I hate doing it and never find that it really works for me. But if I do track, I really Cronometer best. You can track not only calories and macros but micronutrients too. You might want to check it out and see what you think. :)

@shaunarlr83 That is great and I agree that our BOD coach is amazing!! I’ve had a couple of others that never checked in with me. I’m so glad you love her too! I do love coleslaw on my pulled pork sandwiches. :grin:

@happysquidmuffin It’s so much fun when you start worrying about your clothes falling off! :grin:

@Katmary71 I’m glad that your headache is better. I just bought a fall seasonal tea at Trader Joe's. Sooo yummy! :)

Good morning Team! Today, my sister and I are going to a TOPS Fall Rally. There will be chapters there from around the state and should be a lot of fun. Our theme is Dreams Do Come True and in the afternoon session we are going to wear out P.Js and sing a very cheesy song called “Take me out of the bakery.” :grin: I have to be very good today with my eating because tomorrow is an after-church potluck brunch and I’m sure those good Baptist people will be bringing some tasty food. I’m making mini muffins and buying a fruit platter. Have a great day everyone! :)
  • trooworld
    @Jactop Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh good, I hope you enjoy it! I think 1360 might be a little on the low side, I would probably go with Healthi's daily allotment. But I don't know crap lol.

@shaunarlr83 Oh good, I'm glad your headache didn't turn into a migraine! But headaches are bad enough. :( It's hard to switch brands of fitness trackers, you are so used to things one way and then you have to learn a whole different way! I'm glad you like your Apple watch now, if I had an Apple phone, I would definitely have gotten one, I hear they are fabulous! Mowing the lawn with a push mower sounds like excellent exercise!

@happysquidmuffin Woo hoo! Great NSV! Good luck with your big walk today. What a great memorial to your grandmas, to do the walk. <3 I love that.

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Tamevv Thank you!

@leti126 Congrats on maintaining during a challenging week.

@Katmary71 It did! I am so happy yay! I did indeed go for a walk to use it lol. I had to! I'm glad you are feeling better. How's your back with lifting?

@TeresaW1020 I hope the TOPS Rally energizes you and gives you what you are wanting out of it.

Hello all. I had a gain this week but hopefully next week, it's a loss. I got my new Samsung Galaxy Watch5, I love it so far! But I do have to watch YouTube videos to really take advantage of some of the features. Since it is so different than my old Fitbit, there is a learning curve. We went for a walk in a trendy neighborhood last night and dreamed about the houses we can't afford lol. I think we are going hiking tomorrow. I'm going to pretrack my day today, I always do much better with tracking when I pretrack. Hopefully that will help me have a good week.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises in the morning.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 231.8
    CW: 233.0
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 209
    CW Weight: 206
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @happysquidmuffin - glad I helped and glad I did it also, it has helped so much in responding! NS clothes victories are my favorite!!!! Congrats that’s amazing progress! You cracked me up with the rad-ish🤣 I don’t love radishes might take a nibble every now and again. You’re doing good with your goals and I love how your getting your workout in this weekend. Hugs to you for those you love! I can’t even imagine.

@Tamevv - I’m an avid emoji overuser 😂 I know the watch tracks steps but Fitbit used to go off and “reward” you when you reached your goal, pretty much the way our watch rings do for exercise, calories, or standing goals, I missed that little motivating celebration so much. I downloaded a step app and it’s probably not the best one, doesn’t even trigger my watch to celebrate with me but I can open it on my phone and it does! I might go check if there is a better version out there. Good to know my niece wasn’t crazy 😂

@leti126 - I’m pretty happy with staying even this week too. It’s definitely a win!!! I hope next week is better and things start to fall into routine.

@Katmary71 - wouldn’t that be great to have a sandwich and tea meet up!! I’m so so glad you’re feeling better and hope you have a fantastic weekend!

@TeresaW1020 - your day sounds so fun!!! I hope you enjoy. I would love to do fun things with my sister. We are 10 years apart and are two totally different people, when people talk about their sisters I often wish I had one and forget oh yeah I do 😂😂😂

@trooworld - I’m happy you like your new watch! I absolutely hate change even when it’s for the better. Hope you get to go hiking so we can hear about it!!!

@digger61 and @davors19 - great weigh ins!!!

My mowing was delayed a bit yesterday and was much harder than the day before. The area I tackled yesterday afternoon (in the heat of the day) is where my water hose has a spring a leak, my husband or son often leave it hooked up to the power washer and turned on forgetting that it’s slowly spraying out in the middle of the hose. So this area was still damp and super thick and the mower didn’t want to stay going. I managed to knock down the worst of it and close out all of my rings in doing so but got frustrated and gave up without getting much more mowed. I instead went for a mile walk around our pasture with the dogs. I haven’t walked the pasture much since it was leased out 2 years ago for cows to graze but they have made it much easier to navigate since they knocked down all of the weeds. Today will be more mowing until I’m fed up and then fingers crossed we’re going out to eat and get massages. We have a gift card to red lobster from last Christmas and we have been talking about massages forever so hopefully this actually happens! We are way overdo for a date night.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The Week 3 Group Challenge has been opened and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 18th. Please join us for a Recipe/Meal Planning/Tip Exchange. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873973/september-week-3-group-challenge-recipe-exchange#latest

Hope to see you this week!
    Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.