Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thoughts, prayers and hugs to those who need them.

I am also enjoying the new version of the in-between challenge. Even if the chat can be a little overwhelming at times.

Summer is back😆. Today was a great day! Got all planned workouts done with a little extra walk to the bank and a couple of stores. Groceries can get heavy if you buy carrots, onions, and squash among a few other heavy things. Started rereading the chapter I am on so I can remember the info. Can't write an exam otherwise. Tomorrow's plan is study, walk, exercise, then get ready for a birthday party.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,961 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Today is a good day. My son is 18 today. I am so proud of him. He is doing so well. I finally changed jobs yesterday. I went to a different insurance agency. I start my new job Wednesday. Only because I have stuff to do on Tuesday and there is no point in going in on Monday only to take a day off and then go Wednesday. I am actively working on getting my Life and Health Insurance License in Michigan. That is going to take some time. My new job is paying for it though. So we will get it done. I think it is going to be great. I will learn a new skill and then I can use it anywhere. I am super excited. I go from selling 16+ companies to selling 3 companies. This I can definitely handle. We don't deal with any rater or anything so this will be really good.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - So sorry you got covid. It irritates me when people are not more aware that they could be spreading the illness. Like stay home if you are sick or wear a mask
    @LindieMaeP - My test came back normal. So atleast there are no cysts and my overaries look ok. Still unsure on why my issue is happening. Waiting for a call from the doctor to decide my next move.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Summer was back yesterday for a bit and it was nice. Awesome that you got your workouts in. I plan on working out double today. So we will see how that goes.

Well it is time to help my boyfriend get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,928 Member
    Diane: It is cooler in the mornings. Soon it will be cooler for the day.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,095 Member
    It's 68 feels like 68 with a high of 93 for today. I AM: I choose to be happy daily. Axe Sharpening: The belief that you can change must come before any change can happen.--Laurin Conlin 1st Phorm Elite Trainer and If you never had bad times, you'll never know who's really there for you.--Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Fitness quote for today: You can do anything. You can be anything. You want to be. As long as you believe in yourself and work hard.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: What is the difference between an obstacle and on opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficult, and every difficulty has an opportunity.--J. Sidlow Baxter Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,342 steps yesterday.
  • Judy1676
    Judy1676 Posts: 622 Member
    Hi to everyone! I’m ready to get back at it! I’m still limited in what I can do but my shoulder is improving! Most of my exercise is limited to passive shoulder exercises and walking. I hope you all have had a wonderful summer and I’m looking forward to the fall 5% challenge!
  • Tabatha_Cain

My son's birthday party went great. We will have cake for days though. I will have to be really careful to only eat a little bit at a time with it. It is in the fridge and we are sending some home with my boyfriend's parents.

@Judy1676 - Hope you are healing well. I am sure you will do great. Walking is a great exercise.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Hope you feel better soon.

Well it is time to get things going for breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    It's 73 feels like 73 with a high of 97 for today. I AM:I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones. Axe Sharpening: Nutrition is about bridging the gap between what my body needs and what my mind wants. We are meant to enjoy our food and reach our goals.--Jenny Young 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day!!! Action for Happiness: Ask a trusted friend to tell you what strengths they see in you. Fitness quote for today: This year is all about BEAST MODE.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Enjoy this moment, because it's the only one you know you have for sure.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,943 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,318 Member
    Happy Sunday and new week.
    Tabitha glad your son's party went wen well, happy belated birthday.
    Diane hope you feel better and to other team mates under the weather wishing you well.
    Friends told us that it cools down in September here in Texas, but this next week summer is back, in the 90s the weatherman forecasts.
    Looking forward to the challenge starting but may have to start out slow depending on what the doctor says.
    2oobe0081psp.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,389 Member
    Good afternoon all, hope your day is going well and you are enjoying the activity you have planned to do, or not do .. sometimes planning "not do's" are just as important as planning "to dos" I had a good time this morning out in Volunteering service @Dianedoessmiles1 it was a good day to be out and about. I hope you are doing better and you can come to terms that this might take more then a few days to go away. Some symptoms leave in 5 others in 10 and others longer. But I believe each person endures it differently. Just keep hanging low and taking it easy - you know how you will bounce back but in time.
    @Tabatha_Cain hope the yard work goes well. I really appreciate how you address people in the morning and make a list, I am going to do that as well.
    @Kurtize I had to start the summer challenge slowly as well. Sadly our recombend bike broke and I no longer had that to fall back on - as riding a recombend is so easy on the joints. I told son today, that piece of nordic junk has to go and I will buy the next one. He's not too happy cause he paid 700.00+ for it and it only lasted maybe 4 years of some riding? The next bike will NOT be attached to Ifit at ALL...
    Well my son who has progressive MS went bike riding today and fell - it was at a stop sign and he stoped and he used the wrong leg to balance with and his leg gave out and he scraped his elbow and it was bleeding profusely so I got him bandaged up. He said he was not riding his bike anymore. I suggested he use the driveway here at the apartment building to practise before he goes out again. He also says he almost got his aunt killed - well not really, she never pays attention to traffic, honestly can't do that just cause your on a bike. She seems to think only cars have to obey the rules of the road... I am just glad I was not out with them. Son needs to strengthen his leg ... can't do that sitting and laying around all the time. Hard head soft butt !!!
    Have a good day all who are reading ...
    2t6f3c99aj6x.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a great day. Completed all my workouts in the morning. Spent the afternoon and evening at my cousin's 3rd birthday. Hoping to get some photos as I didn't take any. I believe I did better than usual at the party calorie wise.

Today was another great day. Didn't get all planned exercise done as I only had 3 hours of sleep and wanted to save my energy for the 16.8 km bike ride during our open streets event. Also spent time visiting with friends in the afternoon. When I should up at my one friends house she said I have a job starting Wednesday if I want it. So I start my new job on Wednesday afternoon! That's a week earlier than planned.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,941 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope today was so AWESOME you are going through SMILE Monday!!
    TY TY TY TY for well wishes!
    @Marcrat12 ,, HI Sarah
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti ! Hope the day went well!!
    @Kurtize ,,, Please let us know how it goes with the Dr. UGH on the 90s!! We are FINALLY mostly in the 60s and even a few high 50's!! OH I AM SO HAPPY!!! YEAH we are getting closer and closer to MY SNOW TIME!!
    @Lindiemaep ,, LOVE that you got to out today! That's GREAT!! I am still using caution and I'll call my Drs office tomorrow to ask about this. I am still testing negative,,, LOL AND I AM GOING STIR CRAZY!! Tonight makes 5 days as of 6 PM.
    @Cseguin2,, GREAT JOB on not going hog wild at the party!! That's so GREAT!! Hopefully you'll sleep well. How did the bike ride go? WOW BUSY DAY you had!! Hope if you want the job you'll get it.
  • Tabatha_Cain

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I am not working. I have not started my new job yet. I start that on Monday and got let go at my other job. Which is fine because this way I can spend my day working on learning as they asked me to get another license for my job which I am trying to get the training for and then I have to pass a state exam.

@Kurtize - Starting out slow is no big deal. Just make sure to let your captain know you are starting out slow.
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you. It helps keep me organized and I love being organized. I hope you son is ok. I would also suggest the driveway before going out into traffic. Get some practice in and improve the leg strength.
    @CSEGUIN2 - When is/was your 16.8km bike ride? Did we miss it?

Well it is time to get my breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    edited September 2022
    Happy Monday morning to everyone!!

I am super excited for the fall challenge. Especially since I got some extra motivation on Friday afternoon when my husband and I went out for a little day date. We decided we'd really love to have another baby, and sooner rather than later. We have been working really hard to pay down debts and many other things, along with working on our health, and we have had some serious baby fever for the past year. Now we both feel completely mentally and emotionally ready, so I just need to get to the point of being physically ready. I still have over 80 total pounds to lose, but at my last doctor appointment my OB said if I lose another 30 lbs to get me closer, we could start and I continue working on my weight loss goals at that point too. I'm on BC right now but we will pull off that around December to give my body a few months to regulate. Either way, we are both super excited and are just going to relax and enjoy the process instead of being super serious about it. I have full faith that anything that is meant to be, will be!

Focusing back on this week, I am going to cut my daily carbs a little more to help me get over a small gain over the past couple of weeks. I know to expect fluctuations sometimes but man, I'm ready to see a loss later this week, even if it's small! My son and I are going to continue our little walks before school a few days a week, and thankfully the weather will be nice in the mornings so we can do it!

suuqyeka0i8i.png
  • Patti241
    Diane: It went good.
  • macrat12
    It's 72 feels like 72 with a high of 98 for today. I AM: My body is strong. Axe Sharpening: Thinking big means being able to dream and visualize what you can achieve on a fearless scale. It is about being open-minded, positive, creative, and seeing opportunity and room to evolve along the journey.--Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Notice what you are feeling, without any judgement. Fitness quote for today: Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass away.--awesome-body.info Motivational quote for today: Life is so much more beautiful than a number on a scale.--Tess Munster Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,941 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain : i have two budgie birds and i have had them for about five years now.
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. there was a thunderstorm and some rain here a while ago. now the sun is out shining brightly. my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i got in my strength training workout this morning and i enjoyed it. i got in a walk earlier this afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,318 Member
    Hi all happy Monday, right now it is 87 out, hoping it will cool off some more.
    @cormierannie we have a Caique name Candy, she is 12 years old and we an African gray, Robbie who is 20 years old. He talks up a storm. So does Candy at times. They along with Kayla our king Charles spaniel run our lives (LOL).
    I watch Queen Elizabeth's funeral, I saw her crowned when I was a little girl, it was on TV. She was quite a leader.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

fbu700oib4b0.jpg