askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Week three
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 257
    C. W. 259
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@shaunalrl83 Thank you! Yeah, sometimes change can be hard lol. We are going hiking today! The trail is a moderate trail and is a 2.3-mile loop, which is just enough for me. I use an app called AllTrails and found the trail through that app. That's too bad you had a rough patch mowing, but congrats on getting your rings closed and getting most of it done! A walk around the pasture with the dogs sounds so peaceful. I hope you get to go out to eat and get a massage, it sounds like it will be earned!

@19shmoo69 Way to go, Darren! Congrats on the loss! Did you find your "groove"?

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I went for two short walks and between that and walking to shop etc, I was able to close my "heart" (Samsung has something similar to Apple's circle but it's in the shape of a heart). We are going hiking this morning, somewhere that is near the beach but I don't think we will actually see the beach from our hiking spot. Last week, I got 1 hr 2 mins of intentional movement. My goal is to work up to 3 hours a week. I'm off to a good start as yesterday was the first day of my week and I got 34 minutes.

Fall challenge participants: the end is near! Let's pull out all of the stops and really get it done...last day of the challenge is September 22nd!

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises in the morning.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

828hauothjxi.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 143.6
    CW: 142.8
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

32cb2vzss4z4.png
    l8q5aztchyzf.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    hi50kttzeua2.png

By Pounds
    wvkem3f335oo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    f2xfpijjcol7.png

By Pounds
    vtha3me5bhf4.png
    ug0pyg0r3krz.png

Team Winners
    0hf7y6xfgv6u.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Sunday weigh in

Name: Megnolia82
    SW: 228
    PW: 220
    CW: 217.4
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @happysquidmuffin Love the corny radish joke, I hope you think they're rad too! Good luck with the walk, I'd love to hear of survivors too.

@TeresaW1020 Oh you need to join all the Costco fan groups on social media so you can scope out the best stuff! I love Trader Joe's Harvest Blend, is that the one you're referring to? I only bought one box so next time I need to get a few to last over the year. I do the same with their Candy Cane Lane around Christmas as I love peppermint (it has vanilla too which is good). The rally sounds fun, have a great time!

@trooworld LOL, couldn't resist the walk with the new watch, I'm the same way! Love that it inspired you. That's smart to watch a YouTube video, I'll have to remember that idea. Hope you have fun hiking! I'm doing okay with weights, I started having some issues yesterday and went down to 8lbs but it's because of the rain coming through, best to just be careful until it passes.

@shaunarlr83 I hope your date night works out, massages (especially after mowing until you're frustrated) and dinner sound awesome!

@Tamevv @digger61 @Jactop Way to go gang, you did amazing!

Hey Slimpossibles, we've had some real good recipes posted in here recently and Jessica just started a challenge for the week for posting a recipe, meal planning idea, or nutrition tip, would love for you to show up there and share!

It's sprinkling today so I busted out the wool socks with snowflakes and a jacket and some maple almond tea I got at a barn sale last year that was supposed to be a Christmas gift but I ended up keeping it. Had a good workout this morning but went down a little on weights as I'm sore from the weather but not real bad. Planning on a mellow day reading after I have some lunch then FaceTiming later. Have a great Sunday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Hi all, a quick check in tonight! Friday night my grand kiddos came over for their regular sleepover and my granddaughter got so sick. She had a cold when she arrived but was super stuffy by the time she went to bed. She woke up about three in the morning just sobbing because she had been coughing so hard that it made her “want to puke“. Poor little muffin couldn’t get back in to sleep until about five and then was up by 630. For the last 2 1/2 years, they really haven’t been sick because they have been so protected. I didn’t have any type of child medication here that I could give her 😞. Poor Paisley, I just spoke with my daughter and she’s still not feeling any better.
    I didn’t do as well with my weigh in today as I had hoped, yesterday was not a stellar day for eating with me. I was so tired and I was peeling, seeding and cooking tomatoes all day! I love tomato based dishes, so decided to do up tomato sauces and pasta sauces for canning. I had bought three big boxes of tomatoes and they had to be processed yesterday LOL. I ordered a lemongrass chicken vermicelli dish from a pho restaurant last night. I usually eat half of it but ended up devouring the whole thing - it did not do a good thing for my weigh in this morning🤣
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    @trooworld no I have not. I'm still wanting to figure things out.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    @laurelfit57

I hope your granddaughter feels better soon! I agree, my kids have barely had a cold the past 2 years. We’ll see what comes this winter.

Great job on all your canning! I just did one 25lb crate of romas this year and I just froze my sauce in large ziploc bags. One of these years I will try my hand at actually canning. I think tomatoes are pretty much the most perfect food that exists. :)

Have a great night everyone!! Talk to you soon j
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 11K+ steps/day weekly avg (10.6K avg - almost!)
    2. Close exercise ring 5 days/wk (5/5) ✔️
    3. Track water 9 cups/day ✔️

Make it a great week, everyone. Great job to the biggest losers of the week! 👍🏻 Stay fired up. 🔥 You are in control and you are winning at life! 💪🏻
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh-In
    Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 238
    CW - 238
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Tamevv @digger61 @Jactop congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!!!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes, between the prediabetic diagnosis and the new watch, I have been pretty active lately lol! I'm glad you are being careful with the weights. I hope the rain passes quickly. Maple almond tea sounds lovely. Enjoy the reading!

@laurelfit57 Aw, your poor granddaughter! That stinks. Wow, you must have been busy with those tomatoes!

@19shmoo69 Sorry about that, I hope you can find your answers.

@happysquidmuffin Great job with your Fall challenge goals! Have a good week, too!

@Ftofit I'm sorry about the depression. It will pass, hopefully soon.

Hi all. I went hiking yesterday. It was good hiking weather, high 60s/low 70s. The trail was confusing so we didn't end up hiking long but I did make my goal of 30 mins a day of intentional movement. I plan to walk on breaks at work today.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water. I didn't do any deep breathing or meditation yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

q90nxp7hx380.png
  • happysquidmuffin
    Sorry about the sick granddaughter @laurelfit57 . My kids have been sick with croup for what feels like forever, and my husband is sick too. I thankfully haven't gotten it yet. Knock on wood! *knocks on my own head*
    @trooworld lovely looking hike! One thing that could help you fulfill your meditation goal: First thing in the morning, in the bathroom as you get ready for the day or even in the shower, simply think of some good positive affirmations while you box breathe: In 4 counts, hold 4 counts, breathe out 4 counts, hold 4 counts. And repeat.
    @Ftofit @19shmoo69 this too shall pass. You can do this, just never give up on yourselves.
    @Katmary71 Yeah that maple almond tea sounds really nice.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi everyone! This is a quick check-in because if I don't do it now it won't get done. I have already had a busy day with grocery shopping and housework. This evening I have a meeting with the church event committee and then a staff meeting. Plus, I want to go in early to get my office work done for the week. I did OK at the potluck yesterday but still ate too many sweets. Today has been much better with my eating and I got in a workout this morning. :)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@trooworld - I’m super jelly that y’all get a heart shape and look….STEPS!!! I’m writing Apple a complaint 😂😂😂 I use AllTrails too! I’m sorry it wasn’t the best trail but glad you still got to get out and move!!! 😍

@Katmary71 - We made it and it was fantastic!! Much needed but I’m sore now! I’ve also started getting into my thicker cozy warm pjs this past week, fall is almost heat and it always flys by!

@laurelfit57 - sorry about the sick gbaby, that’s never fun. I think you still had an amazing weigh in.

Great job to the group leaders a sun look at all of these positive weigh ins!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I’m proud of everyone getting it done even when we’re too busy to stop and check in daily!!

It was a busy busy fun weekend for me, Boot shopping with the hubs, got massages, went out to eat seafood on Saturday. Sunday I went to church and then was invited to a woman’s group thing at another church with my friend and we went to eat and see a movie afterwards. I tried to come home and get a workout in but I had a headache and the movements were making it pound worse and worse, I had to give up about 2/3rds of the way through but with all of the hustle and bustle I was still able to close all of my rings both days! Today will be running errands and my mom was so nice to give me a riding mower. I really never mind push mowing, it’s great exercise and somehow calming for me, but it rained several times while we were gone in August and my yard was so out of hand, the riding mower will make the rest of the work so quick and then hopefully I can get my fall decorations put out! I’m going back to logging 100% this week and hoping we get to head back out on the road soon.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 192.6
    Current weight - 192
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 144.8

My weigh in day is tomorrow but I have such a busy day I might forget so I'm weighing in a day early. I have a Thyroid Ultra Sound and a Primary Care visit tomorrow. Plus I'm talking to my Rinvoq nurse in the afternoon. On Thursday I go to get the CT Scan that got rescheduled last week because the tech called in sick. I was a bit annoyed after driving 40 minutes to find out when I arrived. But it is what it is. I don't know why I lost so much weight last week, I'm eating like a little piggy. LOL maybe its the Radishes!. I need to go to the market tonight I'm don't have enough produce and fruit for tomorrow. And I need to bake a potato in the morning or make taco meat tonight for a salad tomorrow.

My car battery was dead this morning when I was leaving to pick up my cat's medication. My husband installed a new one. I need to get the tire pressure checked today too, maybe I can swing by on my way to the market.

We have been looking at getting Solar, a guy was here this morning looking the place over. There are lots of incentives, 30% tax credit with 19 years to use it. The cost of Solar will not increase our property taxes it is an exemption, we need to get solar soon most of those incentives are going away in 2023 - 2025 our electric bill is over $600 a month and the air conditioner is set at 74 degrees.

I'm sorry I have not been keeping up, but I am tracking everyday and staying on track. I have learned a lot from this group and I apply it to my daily life. I just want you to know you are appreciated. I know losing weight is a struggle, but is really important to get a few pounds off now because most likely those will be gained back over the holiday's. My friend Sandra is under 200 now, she is really trying and I'm very proud of her.
  • happysquidmuffin
    @FushiaKat great loss, sorry about the car troubles. Wow that is a huge electric bill! We keep ours set to 75. Now it is getting cooler and the A/C probably hasn't kicked on much in the past week. Our summer electricity bills are around $165-185 but $25 of that is for our fiber internet surcharge, and it also includes water & sewer. I think that's one of the reasons why everyone and their dog are moving here to Idaho haha. My goal for the holidays is: if it's too hard to lose, then at least try to maintain. You don't have to gain if you really don't want to - but I understand the struggle! I put on 9 lb last year from Sept-December. Didn't get back to where I was until July! ... Good for your friend Sandra!
This discussion has been closed.