WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Rori - How excruciatingly annoying about your foot. I hope the rest heals it up fast. <3<3<3
    I would love you for ever to the stars and back (not that I don't do that already) if you could write a review on Amazon. Nothing fancy, just 5 stars. :laugh:

Awake early, but feeling pretty good about yesterday. I'm sure everyone appreciated the support. By the time you've walked about from spot to spot, to clap and shout, you feel you've just about done the whole race yourself! Legs super sore.

My hero son is coming over today at 6 for his Burns Night haggis. :p:p:p It's only been postponed since January! He is going to bring with him an AF whisky (!) and his drill to put up my bath grab bar. He's bought special cavity wall rawlplugs. I told him yesterday, that if he was too stiff for clambering over the bath, then to leave that for another day and just come for the haggis. (DDIL doesn't like haggis).
    The cleaner is coming, even though it is the Queen's funeral. I did text to ask her.

I will carry on excavating Memory Box 1. :p

We are actually very low on milk. No shops open today, though I might go round the corner to see if the one that's open on Christmas Day is functioning. We do have some oaty milk that I bought for Bea, so can make do with that.

It is very, very quiet outside. Like Christmas Day. We are not sure if the rubbish collection is coming, but we have put it on the pavement anyway. The website says yes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    The rubbish collection did come. Very early. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited September 2022
    DYD returned from Boston, and collected her wee dog yesterday, so planning a thorough vacuum of downstairs to remove all the dog hairs. Other than that, planning a restful day sorting out what I want to pack for our expedition on Thursday.

Planning to load the car at DED’s house, then have dinner there, before driving to the overnight ferry to Liverpool. We will then drive 5 hours to Hatfield to grandson’s Uni, and get him settled. Staying until Sunday night, and hoping to see granddaughter before we come home again. She’s in Oxford, 50 miles away from Hatfield.

Heather: Its’s quiet here as well, with many schools and businesses closed. There isn’t the usual exodus of cars etc.

For many people, I think today will be a day of reflection on a life well lived. Even DH has been reflecting on his own father, who was from Lincoln, and his grandparents.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    I am awake and coverage of the Queen's funeral runs 5 am to 1pm. Unfortunately I have an eye doctor appt so won't be able to sit for 8 hours. I wonder what time the actual ceremony is. I have been watching more of Sea Side Hotel which had a different name in Britian. This morning I hope to walk and have errands at the store. I need a Bridal Shower card and to mail off a shower gift to my niece. I will miss the wedding in Rhode Island, but my son and his wife will attend.

Katla: Hang in there. I hope your husband can get through rehab and back to you!

Heather: Congrats on your son finishing the triatholon! And nice picture of you with your son and grandchild.

KJ Kelly: Sorry about the surprise visitor. Such occurrences lead to a hysterectomy for me...that was years ago.

Michele: You sound busy; I wouldn't be able to keep up!

Lisa: Enjoy lunch with Corey

RV Rita: I was surprised we could have fruit on Shake the Sugar. I ordered some caffeinated water to get me through this. I drink Coke and Diet Coke, so this is a big change for me.

Debbie: I love salmon!

Beth: I hope all becomes easier once your Mom is closer to you.

Barbie: 20,000 steps! Great going!

Carol: My neighbors put in an electric dog fence and the cable was cut. Took a while to have it fixed.

Rori: I hope your foot heals and that you can be more active soon.

I have a caretaker today and errands to run. I am bathed and showered and ready to go...but it is only 4:15 am. So I will watch a little bit of the Queen's funeral.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2022
    Found one small shop open just around the corner. I told them I was very grateful! They are lovely in there and sell very nice soft rye bread. I grabbed the milk with thanks. And bread. Everything else was shut.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    I was awake at 4:45 am and I to am watching the Queens funeral..dressed and ready to go watch Miles and already fed Alfie.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Oh Heather how adorable,how fast time flies !!
    The Queen's funeral is beautiful and the sun is shining on her trip to Windsor Castle.
    Miles is pulling himself up and standing and trying to walk everywhere.. Lord help us all lol.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie— Miles is growing up and will be walking in no time. Better get your running shoes on. 🏃‍♀️
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,292 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3<3 Edie <3<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,343 Member
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,789 Member
    Dentist today and ENT Wednesday. Since my sinus surgery in July all the teeth on the left side of my mouth hurt. Can’t chew on that side. One of these two should be able to find out why!

No keeps yesterday, they went on a trail ride. So nice quiet Sunday at the park.

Nothing much else planned for today. Going to be in the high 90’s again so hot once again!

RvRita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Debbie,
    what a pretty blue!!! just out of curiosity out of the 12 (6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen) how many are you still in touch with?

Kim
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,292 Member
    DEBBIE ~ Happy Anniversary! You and your husband were/are such a handsome couple.

Carol in GA