Thoughts, Epiphanies, Insights, & Quotables

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Love it, Bella. Thank you for sharing this. I'm living Chapter 3 at the moment. Moving to the end of the chapter I think? I can feel the rungs under my feet.

This is one chapter I will be happy to leave behind!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    That's deep! I'm maybe mostly in 4 with a bit of 3 thrown in? I would probably NOT qualify myself as Chapter 5 not when it comes to eating... maybe in terms of some of the other things... maybe!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Will I ever find that different street to walk on? I seem caught between walking around the deep hole and trying to crawl out of it. There’s a lot of wasted energy there!
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 2022
    j364arbhd2cc.jpeg

Wonder if wisdom comes in direct proportion to the amount of youthful stupidity?
  • lauriekallis
    jq2snj9lgfve.jpg

Oh I hope so, Yooly!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,276 Member
    Gosh, I love that poem! I've been thinking a lot lately about changing habits and changing my subconscious or automatic behavior patterns. That poem is such a good illustration of what I want!

I also liked your analysis of the last 29 years. I first had some successful weight loss in 2005. I've thought about it so many times that if I had just done well enough to lose 10 lbs per year since then, I'd be close to my goal weight by now. I don't want to dwell on the regret, but I'd love to really get it into my head that I don't have to make HUGE strides every year.
  • Yoolypr
    This is something I’ve had to work on very hard over the years. I think I’ve mostly succeeded and have reaped the benefits of allowing myself to be loved by family in friends as much as I love them.
    Difficult lesson to learn after a lifetime of holding back. 2dn5vyt1ljcc.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Yooly - that is breathtaking. Beautiful and terrifying all at once.
  • Yoolypr
    0caa058if54w.png
  • lauriekallis
    I've come to the point where I don't mind waiting anymore. I just enjoy the unexpected "free" time :)
  • Yoolypr
    When you have time and years sometimes one ponders what makes life worthwhile....🤔

I’ve come to realize that all most people want is to be truly SEEN or acknowledged.

Whether it’s a partner, boss, friend - just have somebody recognize your existence. Some do it with grand gestures, others quietly and thoughtfully, and some violently and destructively. It’s like a kid crying out “look at me!”.

I don’t think we ever totally escape the human need to be seen or reflected in another eyes.
  • Yoolypr
    113ya5zggt0k.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    A pause on this historic day - the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. Surely a sad day for all those in the Commonwealth. No matter the politics, she was a pillar of service and dedication.
    In 1991 the Queen and Prince Philip came to Austin, Texas. The Queen’s Concorde jet landed at the Air Force base where hubby was stationed. We were fortunate to watch the Concorde land at the base as we stood on the flight line. And the down the stairs came this tiny woman followed by the Prince! Still wondering what she could possibly have been carrying in that large purse hanging from her arm?
  • lauriekallis
    I agree. No matter your thoughts on the monarchy - Queen Elizabeth II was an incredible woman.
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2022
    Carbon in carbon out versus calories in calories out. Almost just semantics in the end but it is kind of interesting understanding the details.

https://youtu.be/nM-ySWyID9o
  • Yoolypr
    26gn20oqig32.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited October 2022
    So... I mean preaching to the converted and everything... but I can't say I disagree with her... and NO, even though I've seen it mentioned a few times, I've NOT listened to either that, or any other, F-TUBE POD cast! :naughty:

So... without further ado... https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10875474/how-i-lost-weight-reached-my-goal-and-kept-it-off

I would add, though, that I personally believe that both preferences and circumstances change over time and when that happens we have to remain willing to engage and adjust as needed. In other words "self care" and adherence has to become a long term goal and priority when it probably was NOT one when we first started.
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    And there it is - the “secret” to successful weight loss. It is not a temporary solution that you get done and go back to whatever you were doing before. It’s changing your eating choices and habits permanently.
    Yes there’s tweaking and adjustments for life changes. There is no finish line. It does get easier over time but bad habits die hard!
  • lauriekallis
    Great post you shared there, PAV. Thank you.
  • Yoolypr
    vc0xcf2m43v5.jpeg