WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Mary--Thank your for family's donation to childhood cancer. What a Blessing,
    Karen--our bank does not charge a fee for low balance as we have an over 60 account. If you are putting your name on his account maybe you could get something like that.
    Viv--Good for you on getting the bill for your mom's broadband/landline. And for fixing the shower cubicle. Better than I could of done .
    Rosemarie--Great news on the cartaker. Pray she stays as good as time goes by.
    Ginny--Glad the MRI report is positive for good news.
    Machka--For the most part I would rather stay home, but most the time once I get going I do enjoy myself. It was a busy weekend and then yesterday after the church picnic we went to help DS cut down dead trees to clear off a lot. He has promised to do it for a friend (She hired him) and then said it would have to be another day. Made me mad as she was so upset so I told him I was going to go over and start. He did show up and I followed him around while he cut them down and pulled them over to the trailer to be loaded. After about an hour I said I was done as he was the one getting paid not me. At least he got a start, but it is a several day job. I told him not to make promises he can not keep. I knew he would show up if he knew his dad and I would be there. I am sore today as not used to that kind of labor.
    Lisa--Good Luck to your DD and her blended family. It takes work, but when 2 people are working together it makes it worth it.
    Rita--Glad you are doing well and staying busy. Good news about DS also.
    Heather--Glad that Edie did so well and overcame her fear. We could take a lesson from her.
    KJ--I agree with the others and think you need to have it checked out. Not normal.
    Debbie--Happy Anniversary. Hope you get your a lone time soon just to talk and remember.
    Have tomorrow off to go to doctor and have my yearly pap and stuff. Really like my doctor for this as she is female and delivered several of my DGC and DGGC.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Late night snacking showed in an extra pound and a half yesterday morning. Next time I want to chomp something it’s not going to be biscotti, maybe a carrot? :laugh:

Alas, just learned I should have started my violas in July to get blooms by Oct 31. Ah well, next year.

First step in shake the sugar challenge, honey in tea instead of sugar. Not a sweet for a few more calories but I’ll give it the ol’ college try.

Heather Edie’s accomplishment amazes me. Even if there had been such events in my childhood, wild horses could not have dragged me away from my books. Bravo to your DS too!
    Ginny neither have I been happy with our (Kroger’s) Fred Meyer’s produce, but the Farmer’s market hasn’t been any better. Looking very forward to trip this week to Trader Joe’s.
    Lanette freezer purge minestrone sounds delish.
    Katla the humming birds say “Hi!”
    Lisa :laugh: What I remember about Heinlein’s solipsism was the old saw about the earthworm who met another earth worm and declared “I love you!” The other replied “Don’t be silly, I’m your other end… “ Yes I’d imagine it would be VERY hard to resist using your superpowers :naughty:
    Beth ((hugs))
    Rori oh noo. Hope the foot heals quickly.
    Terri interesting Wikipedia article on the Bramleys.
    KJ know the expense is an issue but hope you can squeeze a gyn visit out from your budget, sooner rather than later.

Only through pg 44 but time to leave for line dancing.

Done:
    9/18: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerlilne, 42 mins play with plants. active mins:260 steps:6351
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far:13+1+7+4+3+2+3=33! almonds, apple, artichoke, basil, beans-cannellini, beets, cabbage, cacao 70%, carrots, celery, coffee, corn-kettle corn, cucumber, lemon curd, lettuce-red leaf, maple syrup, mint apple jelly, parsley, peanut butter, pecans, pepper-sweet orange/red, pistachios, potato, radish, romaine, soy veggie sausage, spinach, tomato sauce/juice, watercress, watermelon, wheat-Eng muffin/tortilla/pizza crust, tea. CI<CO=407
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church and council, hummingbird nectar.
    Wt:
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2022
    Barbara— Give the hummingbirds a sugar water feeder for me. I am far from home, but my neighbor will be sure the hummingbird feeders are tended.

DH and I are currently in Illinois. He is in the hospital because of a heart attack and will be transferred. Our daughter is working to get him into a nursing facility to recover, hopefully close to me.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    ;)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Evening ladies
    Im beat... got home a little after 1:30
    Miles is just pulling himself up and trying to walk he doesn't have the balance yet but give him a few weeks and he will be off and literally running..
    I watched the whole funeral.. what really got me was the end when they lowered the coffin and then panned to King Charles he looked like he was going to burst into tears..
    Well im going to bed early...
  • pipcd34
    Vickil57 guess what I got in the mail today!!! Thx so much!!! I’m up to $1615 !! That is outrageous !
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Rori - Hope the foot is better soon!

Katla - <3

For the last few years, when I've felt well enough, I've looked for videos, DVDs, classes, something that I could use as a shortcut back to getting back in shape, and failed miserably--because they don't know my body. I do. I actually never did like someone else telling me what my body should be able to do. But I loved dancing and creating step aerobics routines that worked for me, low impact, high result.

This afternoon, I got this achy little body moving for 20 solid minutes, for the first time in months. Not high calorie burn, but that will come with time. I can't believe I forgot.

Ah - Corey just pulled in. Pizza for dinner--two separate ones made to our own personal taste. Need to get the dough put together.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 52min 17sec, 102ahr, 162mhr, 24elev, 3.20ap, 6mi= 546c
    Strava app = 734c
    Walk to blood bank and bk- 19.41min, 1.03mi= 94c
    Strava app = 126c

Total cal 640

Glad to hear things are progressing
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Rori-sometimes injuries just haunt u.

Lisa- you are correct-just get some movement that makes you happy. My walks do that for me. You keep dancing!

Pip-it is nice having a handyman husband. While I have discovered I can do many of things my husband did, I wouldn't mind an extra set of hands at times!

Today seemed long. Had to deal with some personnel stuff at work, some policy stuff, some money stuff. I think the bonding back and forth got to me. Tomorrow looks to be more of the same. Woke a bit after 4 am this morning-hope to sleep better tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Debbie best anniversary wishes to you. Hope your DH finds his 2nd CPAP and finds his way to give you the gift you most want. Lovely wedding pics.
    Lisa bravissima! 20 minutes is 20 minutes. ;)
    Pip can Kirby replace chipped bathroom sinks? When can he come over?
    Katla sounds like your DH is progressing well enough to transfer. Hope its close to you. Shoping? Sounds like you’re settling in.

Shake the sugar challenge is sure an eye opener. Added sugar in my spicy pecans and TJ’s coconut strips. Oh well, at least I gave honey a try in my morning’s tea.

Lighter, lovelies!

• pipcd34
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Debbie best anniversary wishes to you. Hope your DH finds his 2nd CPAP and finds his way to give you the gift you most want. Lovely wedding pics.
    Lisa bravissima! 20 minutes is 20 minutes. ;)
    Pip can Kirby replace chipped bathroom sinks? When can he come over?
    Katla sounds like your DH is progressing well enough to transfer. Hope its close to you. Shoping? Sounds like you’re settling in.

Shake the sugar challenge is sure an eye opener. Added sugar in my spicy pecans and TJ’s coconut strips. Oh well, at least I gave honey a try in my morning’s tea.

Lighter, lovelies!

He probably could replace a sink. He replaced our toilets.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Got to exercise this morning!!! So did Denise Austin Quick Burn Cardio DVD then took a walk around the block. Actually, I did some jogging and then walking at parts. The plan for tomorrow after work is to go to the gym and do a Body Pump DVD.

Heather – where does the time go??? It seems like just yesterday that you were making the christening cake

Debbie – happy anniversary! You made a beautiful bride. You made your dress! Stunning

Came back from ceramics, will probably work some on the jigsaw puzzle

Lisa – many times I modify the DVD. Like I want low impact. So I modify. Also, I was told to avoid lunges and things like that because I fractured a bone in my foot so now it’s weak. Putting stress on it might very well cause it to fracture again. So I do pushups etc. on my knees. I know I physically have the ability to do them on my toes, but I won’t take the chance. It just isn’t worth it.

Katla – so glad dh is being transferred. Is the rehab place closer to you?

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    edited September 2022
    <3Katla good news about your husband
  • pipcd34
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member