Women 200lb+, Let's Be Sensational This September!!!

Options

Replies

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 224.4
    GW for September 220
    UGW 145

9/01: 226.4
    9/8: 229 --ooph
    9/15: 223.6
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -LOG FOOD!
    -at least 1 raw and 1 cooked vegetable a day.

weight going in the proper direction now. TOTM might have come, or at least spotting so that might be where the large increase came from as well. I usually blame sodium as I now never know if my cycle is 30, 75 or 175+ days with perimenopause.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone!

Doing this from my phone, as I ended up getting sick Saturday, confirmed covid Sunday. I managed to keep it away from my family, but couldn't have a computer with me, so sorry for my absence!

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 9/1: 182.2
    9/2: 180.8 (-1.4)
    9/10: 179.6 (-1.2)
    9/16: 176.3 (-3.3)
    9/23:
    9/30:

🍁 September Goals! 🍁

🍂 September GW: 179 ✅ now the goal is to stay below 179!

🔴Log everything in grams ❌
    🔴Do at least three pole classes a week ❌
    🔴More than 100g protein every day ❌
    🔴 No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ❌
    🔴 At least 64oz of water a day ✅

I'll catch up soon! Well done everyone! Have a great day!
    weight.png
  • ItsVeeWil8
    ItsVeeWil8 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    BRB
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    So we have done Aquafit Monday, Wednesday and today as planned. I did one walk Tuesday so I need to do more of that. I can feel it. My husband is on the phone to schedule our COVID Booster and will get the flu vaccine at the same time. I finally got my teeth cleaned this week and have a Drs appointment next month and need to make only 1 more medical appointment. I wanted to get all caught up on medical/dental appointments since the pandemic and after last year when the cancer treatment derailed doing that.

Last night my hand was sore so I didn’t use water weights today and decided I will only use them 2 times a week which is all I need for strength training for now anyway. We have been making healthy dinners at home this week. I have planned meals for next week but haven't translated it into a shopping list and gotten groceries yet. I feel like I need more sleep since we have been waking up earlier to get to the Y. Have no idea how this will all work once I start my job. Hoping to have some remote days where I can get to Y before I start the day of work at home.

I haven't gotten hungry for lunch lately until later and then have less appetite for dinner but I eat more for lunch and I think this has to do with why I am not losing. Things will undoubtable shift next week with less time for breakfasts and lunches.

I had a meeting yesterday and my pants were too loose. I think I am a size down. I know the dress I got for the funeral last month was probably too big too but I didn't want to have to try another one on. Many of the things I had ordered this summer were big as well. I may need to go shopping soon especially once I get my weight going down again. At least I am hovering at a lower weight than I was before.

I have to really continue to focus on my health and tracking CICO next week when I start back to work.

@CupcakeCrusoe sorry you got COVID. Hope you are doing better. Good job staying away from family.
  • sbortnick
    sbortnick Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    SW: 253 lbs
    GW: 160 lbs

Sept 4: 224.4 lbs
    Sept 8: 224.4 lbs
    Sept 15: 223.2 lbs (-1.2 lbs)

Hello ya'll,
    I took a break this summer with my calorie counting. I ended up gaining 3 lbs since May. I keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet and this summer was insane so I'm actually ok with this small gain.
    That being said it was so important to myself that I got back on my health journey starting in September.
    I love MFP for calorie counting but I've also made other small changes in my life in regards to health. I'm more aware of my water intake, I am aware of being more generally active in my day (increasing NEAT), and doing intentional exercise. For the month of September I wanted to try tracking these items. So I made a little calendar chart! It's been really helpful to help me see where I am being intentional over time.
    Why are little stickers so motivating?!?
    I'm happy with this week's progress and excited to keep it up!
    Thanks for all your support! May you be successful this month whatever that means for you.

lx9nefmarm2f.jpg
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well it's Monday . I survived the weekend. I can tell you one thing. If you change your food consumption and then eat something that your body has not eaten in a while your body will let you know and you will pay for it. I ate McDonald's yesterday and when I tell you I am paying for it this morning. I am sluggish and feel bloated. Hopefully I can drink water, and exercise and get the food digested and out of system.

I dont care what anyone says you can tell the difference.

Anyway , hope that everyone has a great week and here is a little reminder for the week.

3lbej8ki4yav.png
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Linda
    39 years old….only for 11 more days
    5’7”
    SW: 300 lbs (2009)
    July 1 Weight: 230.6 – I didn’t weight during most July & Aug
    Sept 1 weight: 233
    CW: 227.8
    Lowest Previous Weight: 195 (2020)

I was really excited for that whoosh this morning. I was up the first weekend of Sept. I forgot to weigh the second weekend. This weekend I had the funeral and just didn’t even think about it on Saturday/Sunday. This morning I looked at the scale almost as an enemy. I did not want to get on it. TOM starts any day now. Life was insane lately. I had a few days this month I haven’t really tracked or tried to remember after the fact. I just knew it would be up even more. The fact that it was the opposite made me feel so much better about everything. I needed that little win.

I also went to one of the local Asian markets yesterday. I plan to have a Thai dinner at my house next Saturday with a couple friends. I know I can get cilantro, scallions, coconut milk, etc all at my local grocer but there are some things that the regular store just never has in stock or doesn’t carry at all. I always get carried away there but one of the things I picked up was a frozen pack of steamed pork buns. Someone tell me why this frozen thing was just so amazingly good. Hopefully I can keep out of the special ingredients until Saturday because I really love making Asian dishes.

My daughter’s fall volleyball season is starting this week too. So now I have to balance my exercise, ladies bible study group, her volleyball practice and finding time to make dinner and actually spend time as a family through the week. I know I managed it in the spring and last fall as well but I conveniently forgot how hard it is to find the balance when sports start back up.

@justanotherloser007 I have that mental battle to get in a dedicated workout most days too. It’s so hard. My husband will be sitting, watching tv, snacking and I’m trying to convince myself to get out the door for a workout. I used to just sit with him and I miss that time so that’s where I would much rather be. I really have to force myself out the door some days. However, once I have that workout finished I feel so much better.

@KeriA Congrats on being down a size!

@sbortnick Only being up 3 lbs when not constantly tracking since May is actually pretty fabulous. It’s a small enough amount to be a fluctuation or a fairly easy fix and shows that you still kept the course. And we all love stickers. I love how colorful your stickers are on you chart.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i'm here and reading. Super busy (and stressed) with getting ready for my trip, and not trying to lose any more weight in the middle of that. Thinking I might do some challenge or something in November, bc I'll probably come home having gained some weight.

I'm cheering you all on!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    have a great weekend.
    lb61p3ejjxpo.png
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Well as usual I am gaining weight with my new job. However the 1st 2 weeks involve working in the office more days and I was not able to go to aquafit on the days I commute. I thought I had to go in all week but Thursday afternoon my boss asked if I was set up at home to work and that she didn’t need me to work in the office on Fridays just Monday – Thursday for the 1st 2 weeks to help with training. So Friday morning my husband and I went to the Y early to exercise in the pool. Then we came home and set up my home office.

So next week we will go Sunday and Friday morning to the pool. Thursday there is a farmers market next to City Hall so I walked through it at lunch. Also we are on the 3rd floor so I have begun to walk up the stairs and they are pretty long flights of stairs. Since my last job ended I haven’t had to take the stairs as much so I am out of shape stair wise. Also on days that I work at home I will get back to going up and down the stairs since my office is in the basement. So NEAT will improve a lot. Once I get to my regular schedule of 3 days working from home I can up my water exercise to 3 days a week. The plan is to walk on the other days. My hand is better and I was able to use the water weights Friday. I will use them only 1-2 days a week for now and be more careful in how I hold them. I was starting back up using them too vigorously and needed to ease into them more gently and transition into using them more gradually. For now water weights are giving me enough strength training.
    Another issue is breakfasts. I am not hungry and am too busy before I leave for work and eating breakfast at work will just get in the way. I like to eat on the way and that makes my commute more palatable. For this coming week I plan to bake some healthy oat blueberry muffins with mostly whole grains so I won’t be tempted to stop at Starbucks. I realize our home blend (I drink my coffee black) tastes better than café lattes anyway so I will stick with that next week for the most part. When I work from home I eat healthier breakfasts so once I am in my regular schedule that problem should solve itself after next week.

The more challenging issue is finding time for cooking healthy meals at home. I have asked that my husband and youngest to do a meal or two now that I am working fulltime. Usually a few dinners have leftovers so that should solve that problem. My youngest isn’t supposed to eat out or eat take out. It is hard enough for them with socializing with friends so I don’t want to add to that. They are slimming down and making a lot of healthy improvements although they aren’t perfect with their food restrictions and exercise yet.
    Also I didn’t log this week. I am not sure I will next week either. I have noticed that I am getting hungry when I get home from work and if dinner isn’t ready, snacking is a problem as well. However it is hard to tell if I am not logging. So when I settle into my regular work schedule the week after next I hope to do better with this too.
    I just need to keep adjusting to my new schedule making healthy choices as I go. The good news is that I love my job and the people are all very nice. I am getting more training than I expected. Anyway I usually don’t check in here on the weekends but I felt this was one thing I could do to transition into a new routine for now.

@sbortnick I love your sticker calendar. NEAT is where I need to improve. Good job adjusting to your exercise calories.
    @ktilton70130 Thanks for the water list
    @pamperedlinny I am glad we have an Asian market really close but one store we go to has a great Asian section so I hardly need to go to another place. I remember when I had to balance my self care with parenting and full time job. Never found a win/win/win.
    @sargemarcori hope you have a great trip.
    @15822 nice 1 year low
    @kenziestabes best with getting through to your breather. When I was younger it was these busy times that I would slim down. That is one way to lose to eat at the TDEE of your goal weight if it isn’t below your current BMR. You are at the point of using that strategy and of course you are giving yourself some wiggle room too.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday @roz0810
    @sandielewis2001 that kind of short term vacation weight usually comes off with just a little extra effort. Sounds like you will be back in your healthy routines again right away.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm baaaaack, haha. Tested negative in time to go on my planned Disney vacation! Weight 180.6, which is not surprising- I ate and drank whatever I wanted on vacation. I'm hoping I can get back to 179 or below this week, but if not, it'll be soon enough.

I won't say I'm ready to go back to work, I'm absolutely not :lol: but I am ready to get back into my normal routine- prepping food, going to work and drinking lots of water, picking the babies up from daycare, and going to the gym.

Speaking of the gym! Tonight is poles and a dance choreography class, I"m looking forward to it. I'm going to take it easier just in case, but my case of covid was very mild, I only felt bad for a day or two, and then I felt normal, so I think I'll be fine working out.

I'm declaring thread bankruptcy up until the current page, so modified tag party!
    @sarah12277 my water retention goes off the charts around my cycle. It bounces between period and ovulation as to what is worst, for me.

@KeriA it's hard setting a new routine with more to do, but I have faith you'll do it well. Going to the market at lunchtime sounds positively idyllic.

@sbortnick I too love your sticker chart. What a great way to visualize what's working and what needs work!

@ktilton70130 I feel you on fast food! On our way back from vacation we stopped at a dairy queen and I got some chicken tenders and fries- something I crave often, and haven't indulged in for a while- and it sat in my stomach like a load of bricks. :lol:

@pamperedlinny sounds hectic, that schedule! You're so organized though, I'm sure you'll be able to do it all. Is there a family your daughter could maybe carpool with to volleyball? With four kids, my family had to take advantage of carpooling to make it all happen when I was growing up, haha.

@sargemarcori :heart: hopefully the stress abates soon!

@15822 that's amazing CONGRATULATIONS!

@kenziestabes YESSS NEW LOW! Also I love the way you're thinking about calories now and at weight goal.

@roz0810 happy belated birthday!

@sandielewis2001 if you saw lower earlier this week, then yes, it's not a real high. :smile:

Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    39 years old….only until Friday!
    5’7”
    SW: 300 lbs (2009)
    July 1 Weight: 230.6 – I didn’t weight during most July & Aug
    Sept 1 weight: 233
    Sept 19: 227.8
    Sept 25: 226.4
    Lowest Previous Weight: 195 (2020)

I managed to go down another pound this week. I’m so excited about that especially since I didn’t feel great most of the week and wasn’t really working as hard as I should have done. Woot!!!!

I also put together that Thai dinner that I was planning for Saturday. Pad Krapow Gai (Holy Basil Chicken), Moo Ping (Grilled Pork Skewers), Prik King green beans, jasmine rice & Ajad (Cucumber Salad). I also grabbed frozen Bibigo pork wontons and cooked them in chicken broth because I didn’t want the kids eating with us to complain about not liking at least one thing. It was soooo good and hit all the right notes. Thankfully none of it was really heavy, fatty or carby other than the rice itself so the leftovers won’t kill my calories or blood sugars. The photo is just the leftovers after we all ate a ton.
    mvorn2lqhl7p.jpg

My 40th birthday is Friday and my party is on Saturday. I have no clue what the party includes since my friend is throwing it. I’ve been told who is invited, that it is Hocus Pocus themed and will include watching the new movie. Her husband started to pull up ideas they had and his wife almost tackled him so…. I guess all food, decorations, cake and anything else is a surprise. I’m kind of excited though since I’m usually the one planning everything in our family.

@KeriA taking the stairs seems like a great idea. I used to do that when I was in the office too. It’s so great that you love the new job!

@CupcakeCrusoe So glad you got to go on your Disney trip!!! Unfortunately, she is only good friends with one person on the team and they live in the opposite direction.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Weight 178.2 this morning, so made it back under 179! Anything on top of this is gravy.

The gym was good last night, I got a little tired in the second hour, but I appreciated using all the muscles I haven't been using for 2 weeks.

Last night was squash and italian sausages for dinner, tonight is going to be shrimp with either noodles or rice, not sure which yet, and more squash. We have several pounds of summer squash from the garden I'm trying to use up. Take a look at our rampicante squashes (this isn't even all of them).
    7ky45g0vldbm.png

My birthday month is coming! Unfortunately I have to miss the first routine of the month at the gym (Thriller!) because my sister wants to do stuff closer to her on my birthday, so I'll miss being at the gym on my birthday (oh darn, lol- but I really do want to go. It's great having all these options for doing fun things on my birthday. Whatsisface promised me we would do video gaming together too).

So I've got the birthday adventure to look forward to, and I've almost got everyone's birthday presents for the rest of the year (me and all my sisters in law and my best friend all have birthdays next month!), and I'm making a dent in christmas presents already. I feel on top of things, even though I know it will still be a rush at the end, lol.

Work has been crazy. But crazy makes the day go by, I guess. I'm just happy for today that I don't have to go get the baby from school or rush to the gym, that means I'll get out of work earlier and be able to stay at home tonight.

I think that's everything, tag party time!

@pamperedlinny all that food looks AMAZING.

@justanotherloser007 Wow, that's a lot to deal with! I'm glad it all worked out.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe I've never seen rampicante squash before. I'm intrigued!