WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Worked then I got to the gym!!! Yea me. I admit, it was a bit hard. Tuesdays in the month of August are my days to count the collection money at the church, then we were at Denise’s and last week I totally forgot. I almost forgot today. I really had to talk myself into going, but I’m glad I did. Then stopped at the salvation army

A friend and his son came over to go swimming. He’s on Vince’s bowling team. Didn’t stay long at all. I cleaned out the WHY traps and put more apple juice in them then cleaned the spa. You know, I’m so inept that if the weather is in the 80’s or 90’s I just can’t clean it from the deck, I have to get in the spa. Don’t you feel bad for me??? Now, strangely enough, when it’s in the 70’s I somehow can do it from the deck.

Tracey – hope your daughter is back to her old self quickly It’ll probably take a few months to decorate for Christmas. We’ll start in the house since outside will be Halloween. Then as soon as Halloween is over we have a few weeks where we only work indoors and then the outdoor Christmas decorations. They go on when we’re done, and I really like them down early in Jan, preferably the first week in Jan . I have the air fryer lid for the IP. Admitted, you can’t make a whole lot at any one time. But I find that I can make enough for just Vince or just mayself. It really isn’t good as a dehydrator. You can’t make much at all

We’re in touch with my MOH and bridesmaid. Not so much with the groomsmen. I think Vince still talks to one of them, but the other one we haven’t talked to in years.

Heather – I didn’t watch the funeral, either but saw the highlights on uTube. I just don’t have the time to sit thru hours and hours. I’m sorry you can’t get the windows replaced

RV Rita – glad you got an answer to your pain.

I’m thinking that tomorrow I’ll go to work, then in the pool, then probably to Aldi since Vince needs milk and bananas.

Ceramics tonight

Think I’ll go work on the jigsaw puzzle a bit

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2022
    Heather and Rosemarie, I, too, have cried many a tear over houses. I have to admit I will not miss the worry and responsibility of home ownership once we have sold this house.

___

My brother told his therapist about his situation in the group home and she called me while he was there to discuss everything. She has a lot of resources and knowledge, which she shared. Feeling much better about the situation and what we can do about it. Still waiting for attorney to contact me to see if they will take our case or refer to another attorney.

I found a nice storage thingy for my brother's art supplies on auction. Here's a photo of it:

z9wqqfmgedl3.jpeg
    plte9on5b666.jpeg

I'm going to figure out more shelves for it since he will use it for paper, sketch pads, and other items that will mostly fit in narrower spaces.

Continuing to sort and gift and toss.

Beautiful weather.

Love,

Karen in Virginia

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Karen: That looks like a useful cupboard. I like the idea of extra shelving.
    Mary: Safe travels.
    Katla: 🤞🏻That you get to see DH today.
    Rita: Too bad you have root canal woes.
    Heather: Sorry the windows can’t be salvaged. Pleased to know that your Bea visit went well.

Printed out packing list, and sorted out clothes for our long weekend.

So pleased that the TV schedules are back to normal.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day -

Walk w/family- 2hrs 45minn1sec, 56elev, 3.03ap, 130ahr, 210mhr (both of those have to b wrong), 8.44mi= 873c
    Strava app = 1033c
    Walk to blood bank n back- 21.12min, 1.03mi= 94c
    Strava app = 127c

Total cal 967c
  • pipcd34
    Heather - it’s a shame DH’s daughter won’t be visiting, but a date out of it is wonderful.
    Rodger made supper for me again tonight. Twice in two weeks. I am shocked and regretting not buying an air fryer 4 years ago when he started mentioning it.

Rosemarie - I am a Coca Cola drinker as well. I had quit completely for 2 years and need to stop again. When I’m stopping I know I have to go a solid month or more before even allowing myself one while dining out or having pizza.

Carla - I am so happy for you!

Karen - I hope that she makes good, but it’s concerning that she already had a complaint.

We have a large antique mall in the city and I searched their website to see if they buy as well. They have a spot on their website where you can upload photos of your items and if any of their numerous vendors can contact you if they are interested. I think that will be my Sunday project.

Margaret- good job on passing up the bargains. I need to start doing that too.

Heather - What a joy for you to go through. I felt your excitement in your writing.

Vicki - it sounds like a nice weekend ahead.

Barbara - I struggle stopping bringing things home and also getting rid of them. In the last two or three months I have purchased two Avon Bottles that I had when I was a young lady. I know Mom threw my original ones out.
    I don’t know why Avon doesn’t bring those bottles out of retirement. With the vintage popularity right now, they would make a mint.

Lanette - we use ground coffee in our reusable pod. I stopped buying the pods because they are so expensive!

Sue - I decorated for Fall a couple of weekends ago. I love decorating for the seasons.

Allie - watching your friend record would be peaceful I bet.

Ginny - hope your have a mild reaction if you can’t get by with none.

Our youngest daughter tested positive for Covid yesterday. She said she’s tired and achy today but has no fever so it’s much better than yesterday.

Machka - I love your colouring.
    My husband needs that meme only to say YouTube instead of Google.

Lisa - that will be a lot of blending, but I think the right people together can do it. Congratulations to your daughter.

Way to go Edie!!!!🏆

Barbie - getting the vaccines so effortlessly is wonderful.

Kelly - I am with you on men cooking. We have been married 35 years and since the air fryer came into the house though, Rodger has made dinner for me twice. He does make his own breakfast and lunches and right now we only get to eat 2 suppers and 2 breakfasts a week. So I can’t complain.

YouTube has good videos on the use of Excel. I have had to search some functions I had to use in years and they were helpful.

I think you need to make a Drs appointment to make sure things are ok.

Rori - I hope your foot heals soon.

Allie - are they giving 5th doses there? We are still on 4. I am not eligible until January because I had Covid in August.

Michele - how long will it take you to decorate now? When do your lights and such get turned on?

Debbie - happy anniversary!
    We are not in touch with any of our attendants.
    I still speak to everyone that I have ever stood up with. Even the divorced ones. Lol

Vicki - I hope your son continues the job without you having to step in.

Lisa - my exercise therapist told me that even if you move one minute more than you could it’s an improvement. I have a lot less pain days since I started listening to her.

I make two pizzas as well. It also gives us leftovers for our lunches.

Pip - your new set is the same as mine.

I’ve been reading along each evening and gotten interrupted before I could post. I’ll catch up tomorrow again.

Tracey in Edmonton

That’s cuz we rock
  • pipcd34
    Woah, I’m on a 3825 logging streak!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    made beef and barley soup in the pressure cooker for my lunch- sure wish it would cool off quicker- it is 2:30PM and I am hungry(didn't eat yet today except a few cheese crisps before my walk)
    Making curry pork w/ potatoes and carrots along with rice for dinner. Mostly for son and his girlfriend but I will have some too or I will have left over salmon(not sure how much they left after they ate last night)
    walked my 75 min/10,000/4.7miles at the wetlands- was great. Saw river otters for the first time there
    Feel so much better after getting more sleep last night.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,295 Member
    ;)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Took a late nap,hopefully I wont be up all night...but my body needed it.
    Ha ha looked at my memories on Facebook and today would be Tom and I 25th Wedding Anniversary ..
    Oh well didn't he lose out..
    Elena's daughter is getting married a week from Friday in the city and Tom will have to get dressed up and be paraded around since he is dating mother of the bride..
    He hasn't texted me lately.. I do text him daily to let him know that I have gotten Homer out..
    But I think it is getting close to retirement time and I don't know if he has spoken with his attorney or not..
    Im not worried...
    Miles doing real well drinking rhe breastmilk out of a cup and taking a nap so thats good.
    I got my meds straightned out with Humana and now they will contact my drs to get the ok to order .
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip — The bathroom sinks are excellent! Separate sinks are wonderful and allow two people to get things done.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Very nice Pip!

I had a long day. I did my mom's pills this morning then drove to visit my friend who had the stroke. Then I drove back just in time to make supper and do evening pills. It was seven hours of driving, much of it in heavy DC traffic.

My friend seems cheerful enough. He says he is getting 10% stronger on his right side every day. They are teaching him about getting in and out of a car with a walker. He hopes to get back to driving. We sat outside in the sunshine a bit.

I tried to go to bed early last night, but right after I turned the lights out, my dog Teddy made such a fuss that I got up again. It turns out my Dad made the first popcorn of the fall season. So we had to stay up.

Tonight will be an early night!

Annie back home in Delaware

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Very nice Pip!

I had a long day. I did my mom's pills this morning then drove to visit my friend who had the stroke. Then I drove back just in time to make supper and do evening pills. It was seven hours of driving, much of it in heavy DC traffic.

My friend seems cheerful enough. He says he is getting 10% stronger on his right side every day. They are teaching him about getting in and out of a car with a walker. He hopes to get back to driving. We sat outside in the sunshine a bit.

I tried to go to bed early last night, but right after I turned the lights out, my dog Teddy made such a fuss that I got up again. It turns out my Dad made the first popcorn of the fall season. So we had to stay up.

Tonight will be an early night!

Annie back home in Delaware

My dad loved popcorn!! Many nights I would talk to him and they were having popcorn and apples for dinner because they weren't that hungry. He grew his own popcorn- it is so great. Japanese Hullless(no hulls on it). I still have some left. I tried planting it last year in their garden but mom forgot to water so it never did anything. He even had an antique corn sheller. It didn't take all the kernels off so we would do the rest by hand- that is rough work but didn't want to waste any of them

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Nighty night ladies
    Have the windows open and the crickets are chirping..