Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Congrats to those with a new job starting soon! Thoughts, prayers and hugs for those who need it.

The bike ride was on Sunday and went really well for the most part.
    The new job starts on Wednesday afternoon.

Today was a pretty good day overall. A storm hit just as I was getting up. So that threw my morning off. Got all of today's workouts done. But didn't have the energy to make up what I missed yesterday. Oh well. I am still happy with how I did this week exercise wise. Food choices and amounts were better this week as well as water. I expect the scale to show the change tomorrow. But if not oh well it will in time. By do I wish I had the energy and motivation I had almost 4 years ago when I started this journey.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,734 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Best wishes on getting the license in the amount of time you have. You are smart and motivated. They'll LOVE YOU!
    @cosmiccurves ,,, There's certainly fun in trying to have a little one!! Aww your son is so cute and spirited no doubt he'll love being a big brother. My GD is expecting, it's already a high risk pregnancy, my heart is both rejoicing and very sad, hopefully the little one is a fighter. WISHING you the best!! Remember you do NOT need to quit the 5% and it could easily help you once you are pregnant to have a healthy baby, we do have a category for those are pregnant ,, just let both your CL and WL (Baggage handler) know. We'll all love to see how you are doing.
    @Patti241 ,,, Glad to hear you had a good day. It's raining again, LOL I LIKE THIS!! WOOHOO!!!
    @Macrat12,, HI Sarah
    @Cormierannie,,, WTG On the exercise!
    @Kurtize ,, I used to have a cockatiel, he's passed away. They all have such a different personality!! Love that picture indeed so true. If we go off the road get back on it. TY TY!
    @Cseguin2 ,, Glad the bike ride was good!! Sure sounds neat!! Did I tell you why I stopped biking? Nothing to do with fear etc, but I am so SLOW NOW that an OLD LADY using a WALKER passed me!! HUH!!?? LOL I had a 30 plus head wind and I am not nearly as strong enough, so yeah. That was that, ,, still its an expensive story that always gets quite a laugh!! TO reset your motivation have you gone back to the basics of why you want to lose now? I do this every now and then it is enough to push me forward.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh good! And I used to know my niece and nephew’s schools (3 states away) but not from pics-just from chatting. And congrats to new GG status!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,989 Member
    @cmfarrell36 happy birthday have a good day
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 thank you!! I will certainly pray and send all the happy thoughts your GD's way for a healthy and smooth rest of her pregnancy and delivery! I also appreciate you letting me know I can still participate when the time comes, as I truly love our challenges and want to continue to be an active participant no matter what!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,879 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. It is weird not going into work. Tomorrow I will be going into work and I hope it will be a good day. I want to learn as much as I can in the first day that I can. I am working on getting my license and I am ahead by a couple of days. I have to get some more done tonight so I can get ahead even more. Tonight I am probably not going to have time to get any done though. I have a meeting tonight from 6:30 until probably 8:30 and then Wednesday night I have to type up the notes from the meeting and get them out to everyone.

@cosmiccurves - That is so great that you are going to be trying for another baby. I hope and wish you great success in that. I need to cut back on the carbs myself. I am getting a little wild with them at times.
    @cormierannie - That is great. I love budgie birds. My son wanted to get one but I said no on account we have 3 cats that I am sure would try to kill the bird. It would not be fair to bring the bird home to danger.
    @Kurtize - It is so sad that the Queen is gone. I hoped she would like until at least 100
    @CSEGUIN2 - Glad the bike ride went well. I am wanting to get back into riding. I need to strengthen my knees. They hurt all the time now. Nothing seems to work. I should probably start taking my Aleve again. That helped the last time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I am hoping I can too. I am sure I can get it done quickly. I just have to be able to pass the test.

Well it is time to get up and get moving for the day. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,091 Member
    It's 71 feels like 71 with a high of 99 for today. I AM: I am grateful to be alive in an era where anything is possible. Axe Sharpening: If you're looking for a selfless act, try putting a smile on someone else's face. The easy way is to start with a smile on yours.--Kelly Pollman 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories. Fitness quote for today: Let them sleep, while you grind. Let them party, while you work. The difference will show.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Confidence is key to make one believe in self conviction and serves to grow and make one strong.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and has 12,989 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 1,961 Member
    I'm just going through the last hoops of buying my new home. I don't move in until October 24 to give the sellers time to move into their new place, too. I'm in no hurry, though. Now I need to get my current home sold! Anyone interested in a 2-bedroom condo in Hawaii?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,734 Member
    @Bookienj,, Oh I have NO DOUBT your GKs LOVE YOU TO PIECES and MORE!! I wish families lived closer together as it used to be, that's not to be. My GD is an hour from here. Thankfully since I live near Portland and its the largest city in Maine, we can both get there. LOL for me it's super easy. Well more often than not she'll come over here to save me the "trip." I am there a lot as it is. Was there today to have my glasses tightened. The new little GG is now at a high risk, Oh we are so hopeful that s/he will make it. If it's as stubborn as we are, it'll make it. Certainly HOPE SO!! And of course that no matter what my GD will be safe too.
    @cosmiccurves ,, Awww so SWEET!! TY TY TY TY!! INDEED when your time comes, ,hey LOOK AT ALL of the virtual GRANDPARENTs, AUNTs UNCLEs the little one will have!! We will certainly wish to celebrate with you!!
    @Tabatha_Cain, you are highly motivated!! That'll help you so much. It must be so exciting!! It's fun to see how you are doing! WTG!
    @Macrat12 , HI Sarah
    @Patti241,, have you been able to shut off the AC? I am waiting for those who remove ours (most of us have window units) until next May. WOOHOO ON THAT!! LOL I doubt I'll use mine again in a hurry. Right now at 6 PM it's 47 and I am LOVING IT!!
    @Lavalily ,, Oh, I AM SURE your home will go FAST!! WTG on moving by the 24th of October. That'll give you just over a month. Are the 2 places near enough? Wishing you the BEST!! It'll be nice to be settled down again without all of the stress of selling, moving, resettling though often being in a new place though exciting, also takes a bit of time. Well it does for me "to get a real feel" of where I want stuff and why. Normally about 2 years later I do the "real decorating etc. of the place' once I have the feeling of it. During the pandemic I redid it ALL!! That was fun though. PURE FUN!! Thanks to online purchases we can get whatever we wish!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,268 Member
    Hi all. Has the invitations gone out yet?
    Saw the Dr today. He isn't sure exactly what's wrong but is sending me for MRI, didn't like what he saw on xray. Thinks I may have to see a back Dr, possible pinched nerve.
    Have a great evening, hugs all
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,338 Member
    Good evening everyone - nice cool breeze blowing sure am loving the cooler temps now .. warms up nice in the afternoon but cool in the morning.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I take it your getting out was good for you and helped you feel a bit better. Hope your zoom mtg went well. Just getting ready for mine.
    @Kurtize, I am glad the doctor told you he was not sure rather then making something up - I hope you get into the back doctor quickly to resolve the issue. My leg issue is a nerve issue too but not pinched.. but still originates in the back... here's to you getting better, but in the meantime there should be some good chair exercises you can do to help with fitness minutes, I believe @Dianedoessmiles1 knows a few of them.
    @lavalily I hope your house sells and you move with out issue.
    @Tabatha_Cain hope the meetings go well and the typing the meeting minutes as well.
    @cosmiccurves that would be a great incentive to loose a few more lbs - all in due time eh !!
    Eveyone, good night and sleep well when you get there. Cheers, Linda

• cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Tabatha_Cain Thank you!! That's great you're already ahead of the curve with some of your work regarding getting your license!! I hope all of that continues to go well!

@Dianedoessmiles1 I love that!! I hope we will be able to celebrate for sure! Thank you for all the support!!

@LindieMaeP the cooler temps in the mornings are so nice, a little reminder that we are almost to fall, one more day!! just hope the weather follows suit for sure! We have a hot day today and tomorrow, then it drops down into the high 70s and low 80s with 50s in the mornings. Sounds like a dream now!

I am training on a new position at work. It actually intersects with my current position, doesn't come with a raise, but will be a much needed mental break to have interpersed with my other position. Plus, taking on new opportunities should hopefully mean a raise will follow within the next 6 months. I always get a little nervous during this part of training but know it will go well! Got up almost all of our decorations including the floating candles, and I will post pictures tomorrow!

vf1lm1fh4lkm.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,879 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a good morning. Today is my first morning at the new job. I just have to figure out where to go. I have to find my office. I am not sure if I should park in back or in front. We will figure out today. I am nervous. Really Nervous. My boyfriend started training for his new position within the same company yesterday. So today is a different kind of day for him too. His new work schedule starts today.

@lavalily - Good luck on selling your home. I hope you are able to get it sold in time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Some days I don't feel highly motivated. I feel kinda lazy. Like yesterday. I went to see my daughter instead of do my training.
    @Kurtize - Hope they figure out things for you. Sorry you are having issues with your back.
    @LindieMaeP - The meeting went longer than expected and I will have to do the meeting minutes tonight. Get them typed up and emailed out to the group.
    @cosmiccurves - Way to go on the new job position. It will eventually lead to more pay and that is the point. Right now you are doing the training and the learning. Same as me.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,091 Member
    It's 74 feels like 74 with a high of 99 for today. I AM: I accept myself for all of my great qualities and flaws. Ace Sharpening: You are not defined by your mistakes or struggles. You ARE defined by what you make them.--Alexa Watson 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Don't compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside. Fitness quote for today: Stop saying you can't DO IT and JUST DO IT.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: It's okay if you slip up on a resolution. Gather your strength and start over.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,006 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: truck unload this morning then depends on how I feel Legs Day in the gym this afternoon.
  • makingthyme
    makingthyme Posts: 72 Member
    Good morning.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Good morning everyone.

Diane: we have not switched to heat yet. Only in the mornings right now
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,338 Member
    Good morning folks, hope your day is going well and you are getting lots done as I am too. Beautiful fall day out there, hope to get out for a walk later today, maybe catch a nice sunset!
    @Tabatha_Cain - may your first day of work go well, you found parking ok and most important you found the building!
    @makingthyme and @Patti241 good morning to you both !!
    @macrat12 love the quote on "just do it" ! It reminds me of a work award I received because I was "just do it" and it was a NIke Cap and I still have it today, although it is starting to unravel I refuse to give it up at this time. It was one of the best awards I could have gotten as it reminded me every time I put it on - "just do it" !! smiling !!
    Have a wonderful day everyone !!
    9afqw3sbsrbz.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw I am sorry your GGD is at risk. I hope she is super stubborn and pull through.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,268 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, Sending hugs and best wishes for those feeling under the weather and to family and friends not doing well.
    Tabatha hope your first day went well and your boyfriend's also. New jobs can be scaring and exciting.
    Diane sorry about your GGD.
    We definitely back to summer, 94 today.
    Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings
    bcog45fxkkq3.jpg