WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2022
    Still rooting through my Memory Box. :)

I've enjoyed looking at my stamp collection from primary school. I learnt an enormous amount from collecting stamps. Shame kids don't do it nowdays.
    I read through some community newspapers from 1974/5. My DSIL's death notice in there, which I must have written, :'( and my columns about local food shops, with recipes. :p Interesting that so much of the newspaper was about local housing issues.
    Also found the patterns for my wedding dress, which I made in a beautiful white crêpe, 1970, and another dress which I was very proud of in a grey wool. I was obviously not daunted by the difficulty of the pleats, cuffs etc. :D
    aavovi1zzzs8.jpg

Good day.
    Hope you are OK, Barbie.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,794 Member
    ENT today and laundromat. That’ll take most of the day. I need to stop and find a night guard for my teeth to help stop some of the pressure of clenching in my sleep. Dentist recommended I get one to use until we find out if insurance will pay for a custom one from dentist.

RvRita off and running in Roswell
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Pip--You go Girl!
    Mary--What a Blessing your nephew is. Honoring God!
    Katla--Good news about DH being transfered. Is it closer to where you live? Baby steps, but he is getting there.
    KJ--Glad you have an appointment to have it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry later.
    Annie--Glad you had a nice visit with your friend.
    Barbie--Hugs as you say good by to Bernie. It is hard to lose one of our fur babies. Bless you for knowing it is time and not letting him suffer.
    Getting some much needed rain and it was great to turn off the AC and open the windows. Sounds like the high this week is in the high 60's. I love Fall weather.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,350 Member
    <3

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Barbie - so sorry about Bernie the cat.

Pip - hope the cataract surgery goes well.

KJ - glad you are getting checked out.

Really smokey here again today. I had to do a 2 minute walk today at PT and was really having trouble breathing by the end of it. It was to see how far I could walk in that amount of time. I think I need to get on the decluttering bandwagon. I have company coming for Thanksgiving and I still have a few things of my mom's I need to go through.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    I did my yoga for the first time in a few weeks. And my beginner aerobic walking video. So I am getting back on track. Yay! Now to stop eating cookies at night. I should be done eating for the day, but I will be in the kitchen making meatloaf for my parents.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    edited September 2022
    Lisa-she looks beautiful... I hope they are happy and God Bless them..
    I have texted Tom daily just to let him know that i have gotten Homer out,but haven't heard anything back which is fine..
    Will text Elena to make sure all is ok since he doesn't answer me.Took a shower and am relaxing.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    <3 Thank you for all your kind and loving words about Bernie. We were there with him along with the vet who has known Bernie since he was a kitten

:)Heather I looked for the podcast you recommended and started with an episode about walking Next I'll listen to The critical importance of Strength Training

:)Pip Good news about your surgery

:)Machka I am with you about not drinking my calories. I drink only water

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    💞(((Barbie)))💞
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Low energy day. Did my pt exercises but didn’t even take the pooches down to the powerline. Step count at 2600. Then wondered why I had the blues. :} Pulled up my big girl panties, filed away a few pieces of paper, then did some Jeopardy walking to almost double steps. Skimming now then will try to squeeze in some more Jeopardy walking to hit at least 7400.

Heather being able to comfort your earlier self within you, what a hard-won gift.
    Karen Brava for the dread complaint. I’d be afraid of that or other retribution too. Do you or he have another place in mind?
    Lisa how could she not say yes to that dress? :love:

Done:
    9/21: Move: 2 sets pt, Jeopardy walking. active mins:269 steps: 4860 so far
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: 8+6+1 apple, avocado, cacao 70%, cashews, coconut, cucumber, onion-red, peanuts, pecans, popcorn, potato, romaine, tea, watermelon, wheat-sourdough toast/hamburger bun. CI<CO=576
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns, chicken prep, district emails.
    Wt:138.2
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    September: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    Barbara - Good job on no Coke. I decided the best way for me to stop is to stop buying a case at a time. If I want one I have to go get it.

Heather - I have said it before and I’ll say it again. I admire you, how you look back and see the self love your younger self needed.

Machka - there may not be a book yet, but I’m sure there will be.

Karen - I hope your brother gets out of this situation soon, I think you are wise to make the complaint. Here it would be illegal not to report it.

Rosemarie - your question to Michele about the difference between ceramics and pottery had me curious. I Googled it and it was a surprising interesting lesson.

Here is the article

https://www.whatsthediff.org/blog/2018/11/06/whats-the-difference-between-pottery-and-ceramics/

Kim - Some things are the same here how it changes at the whim of a new PM. We don’t have to worry if that will leave us without medical needs being met, although in most provinces right now we are in a crisis of lack of physicians and nurses.

Heather - those patterns look difficult to me.

Sue - I hope some rain comes to your area soon. I know how difficult it can me with smoke in the air.

Lisa - your daughter looks radiant.

Pip - glad the surgery went well.

Kim - you are a very talented and resourceful lady. I admire you.

I had ceramics tonight and am very tired. I’m going to bed on time tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3