Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    @frankwbrown

Love the pictures. That area, especially Rodeo Beach and Point Bonita Lighthouse, were among my favorites when we lived in California. A couple months ago I had a work trip to California and hiked from Stinson Beach to Muir Woods and back. The fog never really lifted, but it was still a great hike.

I'll be headed back there again I'm sure. But my next few hikes will likely be in the Santa Cruz mountains, in Big Basin Redwoods and Henry Cowell Redwoods state parks. 🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    weigh in day Mondays
    PW: 176.4
    CW: 182.2
    LTD: 0

Starting all over again from Scratch. This is my missing weigh in's
    sorry for being MIA, I would like to be added to October's step challenge when it starts please, thankyou

Hi Jen, I've asked the MODS to move you from the drop list to active again. I will also add you to the step challenge for October once the spreadsheet is ready. I need your daily step goal and your favorite place to walk please.
    Thanks,
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thanks for the kind words...you too @Pupowl. I'm feeling much better today. Walked twice today and although it was a very busy day, the stress wasn't too bad today. I work from home tomorrow, so looking forward to the quiet day. Appreciate both of you thinking of me. @Pupowl I loved the puzzle...and especially the picture of Tinus laying claim to your work space! He's a cutie!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Wow @izzyred9400 BEAUTIFUL pictures...you're having a great time, I can tell. Soak it up for me too!!
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-165.8
    Current weight-164.2
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us wrote: »
    Sorry about missing 9/15. Not sure what happened. Here ya go...

Step Count
    9/15 - 8,236

9/17 - 7,263
    9/18 - 8,558

@leni1us So you had 8,236 on both the 15th and 16th?
    Jessica

So sorry. I do this so fast, I need to play closer attention to the actual day I'm posting - 9/15 was 8,236. 9/16 was 7,973.

Here's the rest of the week
    9/19 10,728
    9/20 6,468
    8/21 9,951 (I'm heading to bed early. Terrible headache)

Also, my husband and I are on vacation starting tomorrow. We're headed to the Monterey Jazz Festival (festival starts Friday). Then we are traveling along the California coast and stopping at a number of different places. I won't be weighing in this Friday or the following one. Please mark me as NWI. My next weigh in will be 10/7. Thanks.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    @jessicakrall8 my daily step goal is 10,000 per day. My favorite place to walk is the bike path around our town. Thank you for adding me back to active status
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    edited September 2022
    Steps 21 Sep: 21.101
    Good morning Shape Shifters. My day was alright, though I didn't do a whole lot. Mowed a bit outside, watched some Netflix. I am getting a little annoyed with stepping 20k a day. It is not hard, it just takes so much bloody time. Basically comes down to stepping 15-20 minutes every hour. I want to do some other things as well (mainly jigsaws) so I am going back to my normal 14k soon. I am sure that will be very relaxing. My sleep has been pretty good ever since that awful night. It helps a lot that it is getting dark at a normal time again. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I am well rested because I never am, but at least I can get through the day without naps when the summer is over.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3
    12ksuaf5zdcj.png

Compared to the summer pattern, which is a mess of naps:

81nlvcot3shn.png

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Pupowl that’s a great sleep improvement. I’m glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Thank you for sharing pictures of your travels, hobbies, and experiences. — interesting, beautiful, and inspiring to see! I enjoyed all the latest ones @izzyred9400, @frankwbrown, and @Pupowl. I had a nice walk along the river today but I didn’t have my phone/camera. I’ve really got to plan a trip soon though. The bougainvillea and water look so lovely!!

@Yukie_OP - Congratulations on your new step routine, walking with your family. What a great habit to build with your children. I’m sure they love the special time with you!

@LaurieWrobo - I hope the new barre studio adds more classes once members transfer from your well-loved current studio. Have you talked to other people who will be moving their membership there, or the staff setting up the schedule, to advocate for times that work for you? I’m sorry to hear your husband suffered after his treatment. I’m glad you’re keeping your exercise routine for stress relief despite the obstacles.

@Pupowl - Thanks for the reminder about the important of sleep and other relaxation strategies, like your puzzles. It’s a good idea to experiment with the number of steps and other activities to find the right balance. We want the daily step challenge to improve our health, and not end up being a source of stress. Saying ‘no’ can sometimes keep us from doing too much.

Finding the right balance can sometimes be a challenge for me so I’ll have to some thought to what I can give up to make more space for the things that are most important to me.

Do other ShapeShifters struggle with finding life balance? Have you learned something that might help others?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited September 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal - thanks for reading my post - no, most of the members from the current studio will not be traveling to the other studio - there aren't more classes added and the times during the week really don't work + there are shortened classes for 30 min - am I going to spend 40 min in the car for a 30 min class - I highly doubt it - I can just as easily do something at home
    I'm still wavering on doing classes on Saturday/Sunday- it was so much easier when it's a 5 min drive this is the last weekend there & I feel like crying every time I think about it
    I'm really struggling at trying to find a balance - I really have to find time for myself now that the studio will be gone
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    I'm really struggling at trying to find a balance - I really have to find time for myself now that the studio will be gone

Best wishes in discovering the path forward. You’ll find your way after testing out what works and doesn’t work. You’re resilient!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    Here’s my maintenance report for the week:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 127.3
    CW: 127.9

SW: 168
    LTD: 40.1 pounds

My target range is 120-130 pounds so I’m at the high end right now, but I’m working on building muscle, improving my flexibility, and strengthening my balance so the scale is just one data point. I’m trying to learn more about my current body composition so I can measure my progress more accurately. I signed up for an account with my health insurance provider to see what options are available to support my goals. I’ll let you know what I learn — one step at a time!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW: 196.8
    CW: 198.6

It wasn't a great week for me with respect to nutrition. I enjoyed way too many snacks and sweets and only completely logged my food for 2 days. My exercise and sleep were fairly good. I need to get back on track logging and cut back on snacks and sweets.

Hope you are all keeping well.
  • frankwbrown
    edited September 2022
    frankwbrown
    September week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, September 23
    PW: 225.3
    CW: 229.3 ( gained 4.0 lbs; 1.78%)
    LTD: ( gained 4.6 lbs; 2.04%) this month (but still down 100.7 pounds from July 2020)

I clearly need to reevaluate my RMR/diet/behavior. This is just unacceptable.

• frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 9/20: 13,432
    Wed 9/21: 10,082
    Thu 9/22: 15,952
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    It’s Friday! Let’s celebrate any victory - big or small - that made you feel good about yourself or your health journey.

Feel Good Friday!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 222
    CW:221.5
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 145.8

I have been averaging about 12,000 steps per day this last week. I also rode my bike to and from my workout class on Monday and Friday, about a 11 minute bike ride each way abd about 35 to 40 minutes of circuit training with weights at my workout class on Monday Wednesday and Friday. My way is not going down but I think my body fat on the scale went down.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 650 Member
    Username: kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday

PW (Previous Weight):244.8
    CW (Current Weight): 244.5
This discussion has been closed.