Non Scale Victories

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,547 Member
    Big congrats, Yooly!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited August 2022
    I will let you know that I was "almost" never the 'other' person.... other than for the poor employees trying to walk past the half of me that was occupying the aisle! But I used to take great pains to try to contain myself with arms folded in inside my allotted space to avoid infringing on the neighbor!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,753 Member
    Yeah I always did the airplane window seat. Wedging sideways against the wall, containing arms - however there’s no way to clench my butt and thighs for hours to make them smaller. When I traveled with hubby, he took the middle seat so I could relax while squishing him.

But my last job required lots of air travel alone. Always much anxiety over seat belt extenders, getting the window seat, embarrassing looks. Nothing like close body contact for hours with a complete stranger! Forget the tray table that would not come down over my belly. Heaven forbid I needed to use the toilet. Arghh!

Flying now is still nerve wracking but fitting into the seat is one less stressor.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've always had the opposite problem. Because I'm short (under 5'1") and always carried the bulk of my weight on my boobs and belly rather than my hips and arms/shoulders, I've always fit into airline seats with loads of room to spare...which means that every man who sits next to me seems to consider he has carte blanche to stretch his legs out into my space. I often end up really cramped for leg room because the strange guy beside me feels he needs tons of space around his wedding tackle and thinks it's perfectly legitimate to stretch a leg out into my area. FFS, how difficult is it to keep your thighs together for the duration of a flight?
  • Yoolypr
    Wedding tackle!!! I love that expression 😂. Man spreading.

I’m short too, 5’2” but round all over so no escaping the airline seat overlap in the past. While I’m still overweight, I am now comfortably within what airlines consider their acceptable seat sizes.
  • NSV: Thirty minute walk and still have energy to Do Stuff today.
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    After years of having king size mattresses, hubby and I bought a new queen size set. Because I don’t take up so much space anymore! Woohoo 🙌
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    That’s awesome! We have a California king - would love to downsize!
  • lauriekallis
    That is such a significant one, Yooly! I'm thinking if I babysit this behemoth of a pup more often I'm going to have to upsize my double bed :)
    He has fallen out a couple of times... :'( ...because there is just not enough room with the three of us and he gets the outside edge.
  • PAV8888
    Wtg nsv Yooly!👍 Three's a bit of a crowd Laurie!!!🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Shhhhh PAV - it will probably be me that gets kicked out of the bed if they decide three is a crowd.
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    jjlbrick wrote: »
    I have lost nearly 20lbs I was level 3 obese. I think I’m level 2 now. Most people can’t see it. But in June I was given a pair of jeans. They were stretchy but I could barely button them. They fit pretty good now.

Congratulations! 🎉 I’ll bet you could see the difference comparing photos from before and now? And jeans don’t lie!!! So happy for you.

Most people don’t notice early on - especially those who see you daily. It wasn’t until I lost about 40 pounds that it was really noticeable. After losing over 100 lbs. three years ago, there are people I’ve met now that never knew me heavier nor can believe that I was ever that large. Inside I’m the same person I was, only now my pants are much smaller.

Welcome to the Smaller Pants👖 Club.
  • lauriekallis
    jjlbrick wrote: »
    ...They fit pretty good now.

Congratulations! What a great feeling. People will eventually start to notice - I think sometimes they are afraid to mention anything :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I ordered broccoli instead of fries with my lunch!
  • PAV8888
    Broccoli is good! I randomly threw in an extra 360g of veggies on top of the frozen dinner to make it a "more real" meal :smile: I think it was a bag of chicken alfredo or similar (swanson I'm fairly sure). With veggies and all it covered breakfast and lunch :smile:
  • PAV8888
    So what you get an exemption?

I really really hate the infrared heat body scanner.

Lift your hands. (Guys let's skip this and just run me over, stupid thing don't work because of losing weight and loose skin) Oh that didn't work you didn't lift your hands right do it again (Guys let's skip this and just do the secondary, stupid thing don't work because of losing weight and loose skin). Oh that didn't work you didn't lift your hands right. Why don't you do it right. (Guys let's skip this and just do the secondary, stupid thing don't work because of losing weight and loose skin). Jeez dude we're going to have to go over you manually and call another person over to witness too. JUST. DO. IT. LIKE. I'VE BEEN ASKING YOU TO!😡🤬
  • Yoolypr
    Yup - when you’re 75 ( in the US at least) you don’t have to remove shoes and you get the easy walk through scan. Honestly it’s like being semi invisible to TSA. Lovely bonus for getting old.
  • I had three rolls of back fat. I now have two rolls and a crease.

I call this progress.

It's interesting because that lower back into hip area is really sort of the first place I'm starting to get a hint of what shape is under all the fat and saggy skin. I've never been at a healthy weight as an adult, so this is totally new territory for me and totally fascinating.