WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Barbie- im so sorry I forgot to say Im so very sorry about Bernie.. gosh it's never easy losing a furbaby..
    Well I talked to Tom last night,seems he has texted me back and i haven't gotten his texts..really odd,and a friend of mine has called me 4 times and 3 times it went to voicemail.. should i have my.phone checked out?
    I will go over next Friday at around 6:30 or so to get Homer out as Elena's daughter's wedding is at 5 so .. I'll just bring Alfie with me and let him run around a little bit.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    edited September 2022
    Tracey - I found this beer mat in my box. Thought of you. My ex's name was spelt Roger, but I kept the beer mat anyway.
    9sljciuoo65q.jpg

Just booked my e tickets for tomorrow to go to Portsmouth to see G for lunch. Our very local station only has one ticket machine on the other track and it's a long walk round, so I'm very grateful for the convenience of having them on my phone. Unfortunately, it's going to be raining tomorrow. :|

In an hour or so I'm off to paint the bowl I threw a few weeks ago. Bit nervous. I'm going to keep it very simple. I will have lunch out in a healthy 'sports' café. :p
    Went for my 5k this morning. Knee was playing up, so I kept close to home for a while, but it recovered after a bit.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    Packing is mostly done. Just last minute things like handbag, phone etc to go in. We will leave after lunch to go to DED’s for dinner, then make for the overnight ferry.

Docking in Liverpool at 6.30am to drive across England (about 4 hours drive, with comfort breaks)

Pip: Good vibes for your cataract surgery

Barbie: (((Hugs))) for you and Jake. Such a difficult decision to make.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    edited September 2022
    Barbie- im so sorry I forgot to say Im so very sorry about Bernie.. gosh it's never easy losing a furbaby..
    Well I talked to Tom last night,seems he has texted me back and i haven't gotten his texts..really odd,and a friend of mine has called me 4 times and 3 times it went to voicemail.. should i have my.phone checked out?
    I will go over next Friday at around 6:30 or so to get Homer out as Elena's daughter's wedding is at 5 so .. I'll just bring Alfie with me and let him run around a little bit.

Check your settings ... like your volume level.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Cycling today ...

6j768pch7eeg.png
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 425 Member
    Barbie: Sad to lose a beloved pet. My sympathy to you

Annie: I need to get back to exercising as well. I can feel my body telling me to exercise!

Heather: I love the dress patterns!

RVRita: I hope all goes/went well with the ENT and that you can get some answers.

Karen: I hope the prints sell well. I must admit to you that I hate sorting. So that is wonderful that you enjoy it.

Sue: I hope you can keep up the PT

Lisa: Lovely Bride in a lovely wedding dress!

PipCD: Glad cataract surgery went well

Barbara: Good job getting the steps in!

Tracey: Thanks for the article. I am curious! I will go back and read the article.

I am less tired and have been reading the newspaper more and started a book. I have made several to do lists and am getting through these. My next emphasis needs to be exercise. I am still drinking some diet cokes, but less real coke so Shake the Sugar Challenge is working a little bit!
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited September 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Cycling today ...

6j768pch7eeg.png

In addition to cycling, I spent about 1.5 hours in the garden today. Pulled weeds, then planted geraniums and lemon thyme.

Also did quite a bit of colouring and finished getting my cycling club newsletter out.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    edited September 2022
    I was sooo nervous about painting the bowl. The colours when fired will be much stronger and shiny . The little dots stayed wet, but the helper said that was normal and OK.
    I can pick it up in a week.

Karen - that is one beautiful building

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx coming home with fennel sausages. :p<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited September 2022
    Tracey unfortunately here in US coke is still made with high fructose corn syrup, a man made sweetener that our bodies have more trouble processing. Keeps me from drinking it. One can tell where coke is made by taste. They use the cheapest sweetener from the region. I learned this from a lecturer from Cargill, one of the big food companies. An aside they also look at the average age of the population to target how to market in that country. After hearing that lecture it reconfirmed my opinion that big food companies have the bottom dollar and not our health first. Reminds me that less processed the better.

I cannot drink artificial sweeteners. My body does not process them well. I also can tell if something has
    Stevia in it. Bad after taste.

Karen so sorry for the headaches with trying to deal with the gov't. Half the battle is finding the right person to speak with who can guide you through the process. Learned from experience forms have to be filled out exactly the way whatever organization you are dealing with wants them. I learned to keep track and follow up to see if info goes through and if not what needs to be done. Triple hug. Somewhere someone transposed a number causing you to have to straighten out the mistake. I learned to keep a book or computer handy while waiting on hold to keep it less frustrating. Speaker phone also helps that way I can work on something else while I wait.

(((Barbie)))