What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Tlweeks
    Tlweeks Posts: 1 Member
    One of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night.

What does this mean? Thinking it might be something I need to know.
    Thanks
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Tlweeks wrote: »
    One of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night.

What does this mean? Thinking it might be something I need to know.
    Thanks

I do see you got a good reply explaining this, but I also had a period of time when my hips were hurting because my knees were in a weird place when I sleep.

I don’t use a pillow between my knees, I sleep in a fetal position, rolled into a little ball and I put both arms between my thighs, holding onto the bottoms of my feet, my calves or ankles. It just depends how tightly I’m in the little ball. It’s super comfortable and the space of my arms puts my hips back in a proper position so I don’t wake up in pain.

You’re just going to have to figure out how to get your knees to stay the right amount apart.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,731 Member
    I prefer no comments at all on my body or weight loss but I can accept them from my mum and sister and from people I've known for at least 6 months who are themselves fat or used to be fat. Everyone else is a hard no, it makes me feel awful. And it can't be "you look good" either. It can only be "hey, you look slimmer/thinner" and "I see the lines of your muscles now!".

"You look good" just tells me you're fatphobic because you didn't tell me I looked good when I was gaining weight and reached this number so you just hated the way I looked when I was fatter more than you hate the way I look now. I liked the way most of me looked at my heaviest and the one thing I didn't like was also there when I was only 5kg overweight.

Here's my response because I felt it was an insult and yet a compliment when they say "You look good"

"You mean I didn't look good before?"

It stops them,, they usually stammer a little bit (I do it with such a great smile that's welcoming though at first first I'd CRINGE, but I am used to it now). They do go on to say some odd stuff, but after that they are still my friend, family and I realize I've done a GREAT JOB!! It has taken me time to get used to who I am now.
  • cestabroo
    cestabroo Posts: 1 Member
    look at your body and like it. not get angry because i blew it. feel great
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 280 Member
    Nobody tells you that you will find your weakest link. I thought I knew my weakest link, gluttony. But now I realize my weakest link is really: diligence. I struggle with laziness more than I struggle with overeating. I think exhausted is just my situation.

Maybe discuss the exhaustion with your doctor. There could be an underlying medical reason for hit. Something that sleeping more just won't aleviate.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!