Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Quick check-in as it is past my bedtime and still have lots to do before I can go to bed. Skimmed through all the posts. All workouts were completed. My first day of work went great! I have thought about going back to the basics and how I started but some of it doesn't fit anymore. I am slowly discovering my new why's to help inspire me.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,491 Member
    Fit Force team invitations have been sent out as of 10:30 PM Wednesday night so if you requested this team, please look for your invitation to join on your "Community Groups" page. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the plane!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,732 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Kurtize , the invites will be out between Weds, likely Thurs perhaps for some, By Friday hopefully for others (Those waiting on theirs) you are likely now on your team? I sure hope they can figure out the pain for you! Depending on what the nerve is,, there are many targeted Youtube video (sit down my go to when it's a newer injury/condition I'm treating before I do stand up ones. If they offer PT I now make SURE the PT person has seen my xrays!! I've had a few who did not, that put me into worse pain.
    @Lindiemaep ,, WOOHOO on the weather getting easier to move around in!! Here it's doing the same, but not enough for me to grab a coat,, YET!! How much snow does your area get a year (average) we are 61 I think. IT USED TO BE MORE! Tues night I tied in on ZOOM. I kept my camera off some, it was just to much. I 'm TRYING to feel better. Whatever this virus is its not being nice. Hopefully tomorrow I'll know if it is, or rather was covid or if it's just a weirdo virus. I am so hoping for the weirdo virus. i do not want to worry if it was covid (I am not any longer contagious) any long term damage as many of my younger friends have now.
    @cosmiccurves ,,, OF COURSE!! ENJOY the training. I did a job with the city of Portland that they combined my job with a harder one (THAT I NEVER WANTED!) and did not give me a raise. Once I trained, I went in to talk to my supervisor, explained to her what ways it was now different, how much more it was on me, how combining 2 jobs into one just meant some things could not be done efficiently, I wanted a raise too. I was AMAZED (she was a very strict boss, uncaring at times) but she agreed not only did I deserve a raise, but also an assistance!! That was UNHEARD of by her. But, I was also thanking her for the added responsibilities and I was quite good at doing them. The clients LOVED me. I was fair and kind to everyone who came in. It was in Social Services. A "drunk" has gone through often some unreal hardships, very often has a severe untreated mental illness (no one grows up saying "I want to be a drunk or druggie). With the right direction I always hoped they get help.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, How did the first day go? Did you find out where to park? It'll get better and easier as you settle in. Do you like the new office? Can you do any decorating? OH THE MOST IMPORTANT part, if you are coffee surgery is it better now? GRIN!! HEY PRIORITIES!!
    @makingthyme ,, HI!! WELCOME to the FALL 5% Challenge!! Have you found your invite to your team?
    @Patti241 ,, I was giggling last night when I turned on the heat, then I decided I wanted to be warm enough to not shiver all night, so I kept it on. I DO WORRY about those who can't pay for heat this year. As above I used to work for Social Services, and I know that what last year would fill someone tank for a month and a half this year will not even fill a tank but maybe 3/4 of the way. AND many more are requesting assistance this year. PLEASE ALL REACH OUT especially to your elderly neighbors (OR ALL of them if there's a slight chance) I just tell them "I know many of our friends/relatives may have to go cold this year. If you talk to any here's the number (previously written down) so they can call for an appointment please let them know it can be done through the mail and by phone." so no one is embarrassed to think we may realize they could be struggling.
    @Bookienj,, TY TY TY I sure hope S/HE is super stubborn (My GD is, and well for those of us who aren't young remember hearing "I HOPE YOU HAVE A CHILD JUST LIKE YOU!" Guess my Mom thought was in insult,,, I'd just go upstairs and laugh and laughed, I wanted that too!) .
    @Kurtize ,, LOVE that picture!! INDEED if we do not put 100% into something, how can we expect 100% back? We give what we get.
    @Retired_Sue ,, SAME WITH Positively Strong 4 Life.

Since it's likely on the other page now ,, how to find your invites:

From your HOME PAGE click on the COMMUNITY tab on the lighter blue bar going across the page, than click on the DARKER BLUE BAR GROUPS. You'll see your invite right under the 2 blue bars.
    Here's a sample
    9c4qyj02bdv8.png
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    I double checked but do not see an invite to the group yet for RHCS. Have all teams sent their invites?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,874 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. My first day at my job went great. It was all training videos and getting to know the boss and co workers. I have the front desk in the office so I greet people as they come in. I am a glorified receptionist who also sells policies in my spare time. So not a big concentration on selling policies. That is good. That is what I want though. I don't want to sell sell sell. Yes it would be great but I am not a huge seller.

@LindieMaeP - I did. It was great. I was even there before the boss. He got stuck in traffic.
    @Kurtize - My boyfriend had a great day also. We were both so nervous. He just moved to a different location but stayed with the same company. I changed companies completely.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My first day went great. I did find parking and the office. I can do some decorating. Which I plan to do. Yes he has a coffee pot. Which is great. He also has a water cooler for some fresh water. Which I drink a lot of.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,086 Member
    It's 57 feels like 54 with a high of 62 for today. I AM: I feel healthy and strong. Axe Sharpening: If you don't make time, time will be taken from you. Make time, take action.--Jeremy Mullins Director of MyTransPHORMation and Registered Dietitian Action for Happiness: Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still. Fitness quote for today: Stop wasting your time, wake up early, stay motivated, eat healthy, work out, study and be proud.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: It's all going to work out okay. In fact, it's all going to turn out much better than okay.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,116 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: At Home Week 3, Day 4 Conditioning after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,983 Member
    God morning Lindie
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,058 Member
    @cosmiccurves , no, not all teams have received their invitations. I know Rain Dancers CL isn't able to sent out their invitations until this afternoon at the earliest. I've not heard anything about RHCS, but some of the leaders who send invites work full time, and today is the goal to have them sent by, or tomorrow for sure. Some of us who sent them out early were able to do so because we're home all day and not on a work schedule. Keep checking.

For others wondering about your team, I know Mission Slimpossible, PS4L and Thinner Winners have all been sent as I've seen messages about them. If you've not received yours, keep checking as most should be sent today.
  • makingthyme
    makingthyme Posts: 72 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Good morning. Thank you for asking. I haven't received my team invite, yet. Getting excited about doing this 5%. It has been awhile. lol
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,337 Member
    Good morning everyone, I know you all are excited to board your plane for the next 5% challenge ! I know I know I am/was / is lol it will be exciting to get the plane in the air when the time is right.
    @Tabatha_Cain sure happy to hear your first day at work went well and that you are comfortable with the new position! May it continue to be something you look forward to doing each work day.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I am safely aboard the TW plane and checking out the seating arangements in hopes of a window seat so I can take lots and lots of pictures. Today, this morning, it is currently 55F so I may or may not wear a light jacket or sweater when I head out for group volunteer work. I too do not keep my camera on during zoom but i do for meet and greet and afterwards. I hope they resolve what ever is making you feel poorly and that it was just a one off and don't catch any more ! I just got notice to do my next booster but I am holding off for now. The last one did not sit well with me, October will be better, maybe, we will see.
    @Patti241 good morning, how are you doing ?
    @everyone, have a wonder day today, may you accomplish what you need to and want too. Cheers, Linda
    dhizd31qemph.gif
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,491 Member
    edited September 2022
    As I indicated last night - Fit Force invitations went out around 10:30 pm Wednesday 9/21 and we do have members who have climbed on board. Thanks to Diane for the graphic on how to find your invitation which I will copy here.
    wwmzc9v8y7ym.png
    If you requested Fit Force team, take a look for your invitation as indicated above.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -growing up my mom used to say “what comes around goes around” and “I hope you have a daughter just like you”-she is very much still around-just doesn’t use those anymore.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited September 2022
    @Cosmiccurves please check here for yours it's waiting for you on the RHCS team. I see it there
    vtyk7do3yrfk.png
    @Tabatha_Cain sounds really nice!! I had thought of doing receptionist jobs as one that was a lot more less stress than the accounting one I did!! YO!! I LOVE NUMBERS though, they always balance out. STILL people and LOLOL the STUFF they can do!! Though for the city it wasn't bad, since I was in Social Services, it was rather easy enough though if I had stopped and thought of the money stuff passing through my hands on an hourly basis!! YO!! It was in Social services, paying landlords, clients bills, handing them vouchers for food, non food and the list goes ON AND ON AND ON!! It was a very fast paced job. I saw the receptionists (2 of them) the one at the window was often STRAIGHT Out at opening times (8 AM and noon) but it'd wind way down at other times, but the other one,, LOL she could do her nails at times!! LOL I was also mostly straight out from the moment the first order hit my desk until after closing! ENJOY the decorating!! Likely there's not a lot of what you can do, still there's some neat things you can do that'll be classy. WOOHOO on the coffee also!
    @Patti241 PLEASE COME HOME to us!! LOL hey we've been waiting on you. You'll find your invite as above, but since we are on the same team here's the invite also by clicking on the link. When you click on the link below it'll not bring you right in, but I am on tonight quite a lot so I'll see you. If you do so in the AM another leader may see you first, and I'll be on around 11ish or so if not before.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143692-fall-positively-strong-4-life
    @DNJoys is correct. RHCS hadn't gone out til earlier today, Rain Dancers this AM, Shape Shifters yesterday, Fit Force yesterday (I see a few of you in the lounge, please follow the picture that both Dee (DNjoys and I have put up your boarding passes are there) Thinners Winners a few yesterday many went out early this AM, Mission Slimpossible went out yesterday most members are on board, Tenacious Gr8ters went out yesterday, Fit Force looks like everyone has their passports, on Positively Strong 4 Life only 2 members are not yet with us, but we see @Patti241 RUNNING towards us now!!
    @makingthyme ,, which team did you request? Have you found the invite yet?
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,268 Member
    Good evening, happy Thursday. Hope your day has been great. Only 86 today. Tabatha glad your first day went well.

Hugs all
  • LindieMaeP
    One thought on the invites, depending on your notices for the bell at the right, you may also find it on your bell notices, that is where mine came through and I happened to be online when it flashed at the lower left of my screen so I was able to accept and go right to the team. However, if I had not been online at the time, it would have been there for the next time I came online. Hope that helps someone find theirs.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited September 2022
    @Cosmiccurves please check here for yours it's waiting for you on the RHCS team. I see it there
    vtyk7do3yrfk.png
    @Tabatha_Cain sounds really nice!! I had thought of doing receptionist jobs as one that was a lot more less stress than the accounting one I did!! YO!! I LOVE NUMBERS though, they always balance out. STILL people and LOLOL the STUFF they can do!! Though for the city it wasn't bad, since I was in Social Services, it was rather easy enough though if I had stopped and thought of the money stuff passing through my hands on an hourly basis!! YO!! It was in Social services, paying landlords, clients bills, handing them vouchers for food, non food and the list goes ON AND ON AND ON!! It was a very fast paced job. I saw the receptionists (2 of them) the one at the window was often STRAIGHT Out at opening times (8 AM and noon) but it'd wind way down at other times, but the other one,, LOL she could do her nails at times!! LOL I was also mostly straight out from the moment the first order hit my desk until after closing! ENJOY the decorating!! Likely there's not a lot of what you can do, still there's some neat things you can do that'll be classy. WOOHOO on the coffee also!
    @Patti241 PLEASE COME HOME to us!! LOL hey we've been waiting on you. You'll find your invite as above, but since we are on the same team here's the invite also by clicking on the link. When you click on the link below it'll not bring you right in, but I am on tonight quite a lot so I'll see you. If you do so in the AM another leader may see you first, and I'll be on around 11ish or so if not before.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143692-fall-positively-strong-4-life
    @DNJoys is correct. RHCS hadn't gone out til earlier today, Rain Dancers this AM, Shape Shifters yesterday, Fit Force yesterday (I see a few of you in the lounge, please follow the picture that both Dee (DNjoys and I have put up your boarding passes are there) Thinners Winners a few yesterday many went out early this AM, Mission Slimpossible went out yesterday most members are on board, Tenacious Gr8ters went out yesterday, Fit Force looks like everyone has their passports, on Positively Strong 4 Life only 2 members are not yet with us, but we see @Patti241 RUNNING towards us now!!
    @makingthyme ,, which team did you request? Have you found the invite yet?
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Glad you enjoyed this AM!! WOOHOO the Thinner Winner team will LOVE YOU!! Very much so. Please tell them you DESERVE a window seat. Is it because on the Positively Strong 4 Life team (LOL I'm the CL) made you walk the wings you changed? LOLOL Nah, Linda wanted to be her previous team from Sparks,, OH SORRY Linda, I forgot which team it was ? STAY WARM Please. The sun is almost set here at 6:35. We mostly had rain but the sun came out around 5:30.
    @Retired_Sue, your team has done AMAZING!! We are only waiting for 2 more members ourselves. GREAT JOB Sue!! YW on the picture on how to find the team invites.
    @Bookienj, LOL it was like they all read the same book!! So funny. Is your Mom a Good Grandma? I am so sorry my Mom didn't get to meet Sarah (GD) she'd of LOVED her so much. My Dad did get to, it was so funny how they were together. Kids need that loving support.
    @LindiemaeP ,, I wonder why yours was this way? LOL Eventually we'll figure this all out!!
    TY TY TY TY Linda!! Many may not realize as we came aboard MFP Linda helped ALL of us who are OAL's to learn the site!! She's been INVALUABLE TO US!! We still hold you dear, but you know that, and well since we both have our faith in common you know I hold even dearer. TY TY TY for the hint!! We we are all still learning.
    So if you've not found yours please do as Linda did and look at your BELL AKA Notifications.
    HOW TO FIND
    From your HOME PAGE (as above) CLICK ON COMMUNITY and you'll see this: Here's where the bell is
    7y7h05f1ko5i.png
  • LindieMaeP
    @Dianedoessmiles1 you are too too kind, I am sure someone else would have thought of the bell notices as well. I actually forgot about it as I had turned off all but 1 or 2, one being to notify me when someone invites me to a group. You see, a friend on another group mentioned that the bell notices do not go away and wanted to know how to remove them. Well they canna be removed, they become redundent and drop off as new activity pushes older activity to the bottom and gone .. anyway, I know others have helped too, the BL team as well as others who have been on MFP longer then me. I clicked my rubie slippers and said there's no place like home and I landed home LOL - I could not resist that !
    7mhd0jc1fn4t.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabitha - glad you had a great first day of work!

Fall is back! Today has been a great day overall! Need to remember to dress in better layers for my walks. Was a little brisk and ended up making a watered down hot chocolate with marshmallows. Switched on of my workouts with tomorrow's as I didn't think it was a good idea between my thumb I cut at work yesterday and that I knew how much pain I am in after work. I am off till Monday. Read through the employee handbook and started filling the paperwork out. I also managed to stick to the food plan for dinner tonight. Today at work I was on my own and only had to call my manager (friend) once 😁. No injuries. Dinner served on time and multiple complements on my cooking. Felt a little more at home in the kitchen with the flow.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Lindiemaep ,, Oh you have NO CLUE HOW BADLY I want red shoes with glitter!! AND I DO!! But, these feet!! TY TY for all you do with us!
    @Cseguin2 ,, I LOVE that fall is here!! WOOHOO!! I may have to at some point check out my sweaters!! OH I LOVE THAT!! Have you tried Miss Swiss diet hot chocolate? It's not bad at all and still has that wonderful chocolate taste ,, not as sweet as some but certainly chocolatey enough! Sure hope your thumb heals soon!! OUCH!! OUCH!!! So sorry!! GREAT JOB on the compliments!! ALWAYS a feel good!! People when it comes to food are usually very honest.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,874 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. I am feeling pretty good about today. It is going to be a great day. I know there are things I still need to do but it is going well. I have a lot of fun at work and I am going to enjoy the fun while it lasts.

@LindieMaeP - It is super chilly here too. It is 44 degrees F. It is time to take the air conditioners out of the window and possibly start the heat. Tonight I will have my son help me take the AC out of the windows.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The owner is basically letting me run the show. Since I have tons of manager experience in an office setting he is letting me determine what is best to do in regards to clients and setting appointments and stuff. I am loving the control as I am a control freak. Plus it helps pad my resume.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha